Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

as a secret mod i would take a look at the fortnight thread but i prefer pubg. goondolences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bitcoin mining is ruining the Chelan area, btw. It's really loving with energy prices.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bitcoin mining is ruining the Chelan area, btw. It's really loving with energy prices.

Bitcoin is pure profit unshackled from the constraints of big government (as long as you discount the use of big government's public infrastructure)

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It's weird seeing an ~~ironic~~ Nazi on modern SA. I thought they mostly stuck to GBS these days.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

depending on how much kit he's selling for that price and how used it is, you could actually probably turn a profit buying that and reconfiguring all the pieces into gaming PCs

e: holy gently caress, 85 1080s and 15 RX Vegas :shittypop: he's basically selling a "start your own custom computer business" kit

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

depending on how much kit he's selling for that price and how used it is, you could actually probably turn a profit buying that and reconfiguring all the pieces into gaming PCs

e: holy gently caress, 85 1080s and 15 RX Vegas :shittypop: he's basically selling a "start your own custom computer business" kit

Those GPUs are beyond used. Mining cryptocurrency pushes them to their limits until they give in, but, in this case, he gave up first.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I would say buying a used GPU in this era is about as risky as buying a used first-gen PS3/360

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Phantasium posted:

You could pass equipment on too, though, which was the big thing. And saving reserve XP for a run was fine as long as you knew not to use it right away, you basically end up spending it on your last run all on Ryu anyway to compensate for the dragon powers that you no longer really need (although honestly you have plenty of % to make it through the game and still use it, people just get iffy around time limits of any kind).

My first and only clear run of Dragon Quarter had me beat the final boss at like 99.6% so as far as I'm concerned, that poo poo is way too down to the wire.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am going to change the title to "april is the k. roolest month"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I picked up Yakuza 0 for the first time in 6 months last night (blame Persona 5 and limited game time) and holy poo poo I'd managed to put it down just before things got loving crazy

shootouts on the freeway with loving a loving helicopter and one character is another's sister and another character kidnapped them and Kiryu got shot and aaaaaaaaaaaaa

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

Fake news, the Tropical Freeze rerelease doesn't come out until May

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Samuringa posted:

Those GPUs are beyond used. Mining cryptocurrency pushes them to their limits until they give in, but, in this case, he gave up first.

well, apparently they were temp and power limited, so this doesn't seem like quite that sure of a bet; assuming that's not a lie, they'd probably be in about the same condition as if they were used normally. from what's written, i would venture the reason why the guy's giving up is because he can't do temp/power limits and still get remotely decent ROI.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

April Showers (games) bring May Flowers (also games)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

well, apparently they were temp and power limited, so this doesn't seem like quite that sure of a bet; assuming that's not a lie, they'd probably be in about the same condition as if they were used normally.

Brah no way. That poo poo's been running all day and all night. No human being will run their GPU at 65C twenty-four hours a day every day of the week unless they do something tremendously stupid like going to work with, like, FF15 running off pause all day long. Even the hardest of hardcore marathon gamers probably physically can't play for longer than 24... let's be generous and say 48 hours at a stretch without closing all their graphics-intensive applications down and either idling, sleeping, or completely shutting the computer off when they go to sleep.

Those GPUs are fuckin fried, they've worked longer hours at a higher intensity than a normal gaming GPU will work over an entire decade.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Now there are two Nazis in the fortnight thread. Wow, and I surely thought League brought out the worst people on Earth. Boy is my face red.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

14/88nite

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah, those last few Fortnite pages are pretty bad.

e: Yeah, [...] Fortnite [...] pretty bad.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wow, goon claims SA is going down the toilet because it's not edgy anymore. Cites the lack of 9-11style photoshops as proof

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i totally predicted the success of fortnite like 8 months ago and none of you listened!!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like suck cess.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watching a goon get outed as a nazi is the most entertainment I've gotten out of Fortnite.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Ya'll talking like We Fortnite posters can't see you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
On no the disease is inside the thread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm listening to the Silver Surfers NES ost because it's really good

Also I got 0 earlier but haven't started it yet. I hope it's good!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm listening to the Silver Surfers NES ost because it's really good

Also I got 0 earlier but haven't started it yet. I hope it's good!!

Probably the only good thing about that game other than maybe the title screen

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wamdoodle posted:

Probably the only good thing about that game other than maybe the title screen

I dunno the game over screen where Silver Surfer's morale and soul are crushed and he's left weeping on a surf board floating through space is pretty amazing.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I dunno the game over screen where Silver Surfer's morale and soul are crushed and he's left weeping on a surf board floating through space is pretty amazing.

Oh, yeah that too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Reading the Fortnite that is currently more entertaining than paying Fortnite

I've never actually played Fortnite so that likely isn't true but seeing Nazis try to back pedal and defend themselves by yearning for 9/11 photoshops is a pretty good read

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it really funny that the OP for the Fortnite thread appears to be entirely about the dead horde mode that nobody plays anymore.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

A fortnight is 14 days.

At some point during a Fortnite:BR game, there will be 88 players alive.

I'm just sayin'

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is still weird to me that in 2018 there are a sequel and coming remake to Fear Effect.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ceyton posted:

A fortnight is 14 days.

At some point during a Fortnite:BR game, there will be 88 players alive.

I'm just sayin'

Also the disturbing loading tips about "sovereign citizens" and the admiralty flag

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Edit: my mistake, I just didn't know about the "true" boss.

Guavatin fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 3, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

It is still weird to me that in 2018 there are a sequel and coming remake to Fear Effect.
how about this one, the fear effect remake will probably come out before the resident evil 2 remake

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chumbler posted:

nobody wants this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

chumbler posted:

We got a new Bubsy game in 2017 so I've given up on understanding trends.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cheen posted:

Ya'll talking like We Fortnite posters can't see you.

Thanks for doing what you did. Taylor Swift should have just replied with #maga instead of doing the "haha I was only pretending to be retarded" shtick but i love a bit of forum drama.

Anyway, in Games: I'm real close to the end of The Surge. Spent maybe 4 hours beating Black Cerberus but I got the rhythm down by the end and now I have his lightning battle axe. Everything after the boss has been more or less smooth sailing as I approach the final area, but this place is a maze. There's a robot here somewhere that I need to find for a side quest but I haven't had any luck finding her.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Wow, goon claims SA is going down the toilet because it's not edgy anymore. Cites the lack of 9-11style photoshops as proof

I feel bad because I still laugh at and have made 9/11 photoshops in the past

idk what it is, there's something about 9/11 where I'll laugh at that poo poo but not if it were something like, say, a mass shooting. I dunno. It's probably just me being stupid because it's not funny that people died but I still get a chuckle out of all of the extreme patriotism that has come out of it and the dumb conspiracy theory stuff and the photoshops contrasting such a horrible event with whatever other thing the shopper felt like combining it with

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wamdoodle posted:

it's like people somehow missed the fact that cultures evolve with the people that make them!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cd/xxnite

• Locked thread