Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I think people are using some awfully strong language about other people's opinions in the land of freedom and gunpla here.

I don't think that render is doing the kit any favors, because renders always give sharper lighting than reality, but I think it looks fantastic, exactly what I wanted. However you want to phrase it, the mechanicore style of taking things to crazy, detail for the sake of detail extremes is my poo poo.

edit: oh dear, new page, backlog tax!

motoh fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That's like my perfect backlog of things I don't have and am telling myself I shouldn't purchase

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Am I late to celebrating the fact that the new gunpla builders show is finally finally forcing Sunrise to give me my Leo kits after all these years?

I can finally make my proto tallgeese custom I drew up a decade ago.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Another model from the big mystery showcase has appeared. Gundam Pixie is up for preorder on P-Bandai.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000124478

That's fine though because nobody knows what the hell a Gundam Pixie is and if this got a general release over all the fan favorites that went to P-Bandai, even I'd have trouble containing my butthurt.

Edit: (That said, I do quite like his little double uzis)

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 3, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's me, I'm the guy who is excited for more Gundam Pixie between this and it getting into Gundam Versus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhvu0ATRqHo

I'll like any melee focused suits with twin beam daggers though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC from gundam wiki skimming a while ago the pixie gundam is some weird high-mobility RX-78-2 with no core block and weapons cut down to an SMG, head guns, and two daggers.

So, a pretty good choice for p-bandai.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I fear I may be losing the plot trying to customize this Hugo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

I fear I may be losing the plot trying to customize this Hugo.

I think you need to get a red LED into that face cavity on the head.

Also bigger weapons with longer barrels.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Needs an over shoulder cannon.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/laureninspace/status/980864957913927681

:allears:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Edit: drat phone

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 3, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/4/3/17190310/magic-the-gathering-mark-rosewater

Polygon article with MaRo on revisiting Dominara with modern design sensibilities, with 2 legendary previews.

Valduk send like he'd play well with Sram.

Gunpla: The Gathering

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Fine, no link to the first Gundam Build Divers on Gundaminfo on YouTube for you! (Also my phone won't give me the link)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
SHELVING UNIT
Land - Ikea

- Add 1 kit to your backlog

- Assembled model kits cannot be destroyed until this card is removed from the field. When this card is discarded, remove it from play.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

motoh posted:

I think people are using some awfully strong language about other people's opinions in the land of freedom and gunpla here.

I don't think that render is doing the kit any favors, because renders always give sharper lighting than reality, but I think it looks fantastic, exactly what I wanted. However you want to phrase it, the mechanicore style of taking things to crazy, detail for the sake of detail extremes is my poo poo.

Hey! My first kit ever is in your backlog!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

Hey! My first kit ever is in your backlog!

Which one is it?

Also, so is mine! That RG Red Astray is a real good kit. :D

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna get this kit

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Which one is it?

Also, so is mine! That RG Red Astray is a real good kit. :D

FM Barbatos Lupus. I have one in my dorm that I've been meaning to mail to my friend for a while now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

FM Barbatos Lupus. I have one in my dorm that I've been meaning to mail to my friend for a while now.

Hot diggity, that one looks slick. :D

How are the Full Mechanics compared to the usual grades?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

They seem to have a good distribution of series for the apparent protagonist team. 00/AD, UC OYW, Turn A, SD and IBO, with promenant AGE, Wing (possibly mixed with G?) and G-Reco suits.

Maybe they are offsetting the Seed bias of the previous shows?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

More detailed than an HG, colour separated parts and some details like moving armour. Not on the level of an MG but easier and lighter. I did the Vidar and it was superb.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've only constructed 1 HG, 2 FM, and 1 RG, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say it was like a mix between the RG and the HG blown up to 1/100 scale. It has the inner frame like the RG, but there's more building the inner frame yourself than an RG and it's a much simpler build with nowhere near as much color separation as an RG. Loads of fun, though. Building the FM Vidar was probably my favorite building experience for a Gunpla. I'm more proud of finishing my RG Wing Gundam EW, but I had more fun with the FM kits (the Vidar especially). It also didn't have a ton of stickers, which was nice. The eye pieces were solid and not stickers, which I didn't realize wasn't the standard at the time. All in all, I'd say it has the difficulty of an HG, but looks a lot nicer and has an inner frame like RG kits do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

They seem to have a good distribution of series for the apparent protagonist team. 00/AD, UC OYW, Turn A, SD and IBO, with promenant AGE, Wing (possibly mixed with G?) and G-Reco suits.

Maybe they are offsetting the Seed bias of the previous shows?

That wasn't entirely at the fault of Build Fighters. There were Television licensing issues for AGE and Reconguista in G that meant those designs were off the table iirc.

As for Build Fighters Try... well, it was Build Fighters Try.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

motoh posted:

Ohhhhh that Gouf is a good kit

I like your taste, been meaning to check out the Rozen Zulu

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

More detailed than an HG, colour separated parts and some details like moving armour. Not on the level of an MG but easier and lighter. I did the Vidar and it was superb.

Beelerzebub posted:

I've only constructed 1 HG, 2 FM, and 1 RG, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say it was like a mix between the RG and the HG blown up to 1/100 scale. It has the inner frame like the RG, but there's more building the inner frame yourself than an RG and it's a much simpler build with nowhere near as much color separation as an RG. Loads of fun, though. Building the FM Vidar was probably my favorite building experience for a Gunpla. I'm more proud of finishing my RG Wing Gundam EW, but I had more fun with the FM kits (the Vidar especially). It also didn't have a ton of stickers, which was nice. The eye pieces were solid and not stickers, which I didn't realize wasn't the standard at the time. All in all, I'd say it has the difficulty of an HG, but looks a lot nicer and has an inner frame like RG kits do.

Thank you! It sounds like I want to stick to RGs unless I get a real hankering for an IBO suit - at least for now. Gimme gimme fiddly details and a thousand parts, I want to work on these things for years.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
If you want to exponentially increase project time, get into painting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

That Gobbo posted:

If you want to exponentially increase project time, get into painting.

Hey, I want to have fun while working on these things

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

Ohhhhh that Gouf is a good kit

Is it better than the HGUC update?

StrixNebulosa posted:

A very good point indeed.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 3, 2018

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I’ve actually found airbrushing to be a ton of fun. Surprised me, I bought it to do a few suits, expecting to kinda get bored of it like I did with panel lining, but I ended up really enjoying it. Even simple painting is a lot of fun, and now I’m starting to do slightly more custom stuff and that’s even more fun.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

painting is by far my favorite part of doing a kit. Sanding and stuff is so montonous, but when I'm doing pre-shading I'm much more actively engaged. Plus I get to decide, weathering, color scheme, etc.

To top it off you get a much nicer looking kit as a reward.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm glad I spent so much time painting little Trowa and his chair now that he's sealed in his sarcophagus.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Have there been any previews out of that IBO Gundam design from the Build Divers OP yet?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Painting is also a good way to enable yourself to do crazier stuff like plaplating, scribing, scratchbuilding, etc...

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

i would watch a gundam show set in UC 0085 about some dude in the R&D section of Anaheim. Themes could include the political changes after 0083, the ethical implications of constructing progressively more insane suits, and the sisyphean effort of getting HR to sort out his 401K situation

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

RillAkBea posted:

Another model from the big mystery showcase has appeared. Gundam Pixie is up for preorder on P-Bandai.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000124478

That's fine though because nobody knows what the hell a Gundam Pixie is and if this got a general release over all the fan favorites that went to P-Bandai, even I'd have trouble containing my butthurt.

Edit: (That said, I do quite like his little double uzis)

Not gonna like, I'm digging almost everything about this suit. Especially with the special effect pieces for the sword swing. I'm gonna have to get one.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone confirm if Gentei Kits will do an HLJ Private Warehouse-ish thing where if you order a P-Bandai item for June release and one for July, will they ship them together?

If not - does any other P-Bandai orderer do that?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have there been any previews out of that IBO Gundam design from the Build Divers OP yet?

Is this a known gundam within the series and you're asking about a gunpla release, or are you asking about something that's been announced for the show but hasn't been seen in any form? I'm trying to imagine a Barbatos in a crazy rear end color scheme with a ton of clear plastic bits or something crazy like that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Solkanar512 posted:

Is this a known gundam within the series and you're asking about a gunpla release, or are you asking about something that's been announced for the show but hasn't been seen in any form? I'm trying to imagine a Barbatos in a crazy rear end color scheme with a ton of clear plastic bits or something crazy like that.
In the OP there's a guy (likely a future teammate) with a unicorn-horned Barbatos wielding some sort of big hammer/pincer thing and what looks like a shoulder mounted mortar. It's actually not that flashy, kind of sand-coloured.

E: Fuckit, here's a screen.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 3, 2018

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Mordja posted:

In the OP there's a guy (likely a future teammate) with a unicorn-horned Barbatos wielding some sort of big hammer/pincer thing and what looks like a shoulder mounted mortar. It's actually not that flashy, kind of sand-coloured.

This and the preview suggest a team element yes, that guy, the ninja girl and the the school friends we've met. He looks kind of interesting, like an elf mage that pilots a more brutal version of the most brutal suit from the most brutal Gundam show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Mordja posted:

BizarroAzrael posted:

This and the preview suggest a team element yes, that guy, the ninja girl and the the school friends we've met. He looks kind of interesting, like an elf mage that pilots a more brutal version of the most brutal suit from the most brutal Gundam show.

gently caress YES