Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Any long running manga is bound to have an arc or two that feels really slow chapter to chapter but is ultimately fine on a re-read.

This next one is what originally made me take a break from reading month to month, but as soon as I was able to read through it and catch up to the arc immediately after, I never stopped reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Was March a hiatus month? I wouldn’t have felt bad, except that I didn’t know and just kept checking Crunchyroll every day :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It can be read legally on Crunchyroll?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

It can be read legally on Crunchyroll?

I just checked and it's there but not all of it. it has ch 1 but then skips ahead to 95 and continues through to the most recent

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/attack-on-titan/volumes

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just checked and it's there but not all of it. it has ch 1 but then skips ahead to 95 and continues through to the most recent

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/attack-on-titan/volumes

oh what the hell? They had chapter 60 and onward for the longest time. That really sucks and makes me question my crunchyroll sub.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What volume do I buy from? I'm guessing whatever one chapter 42 is part of, which is I'm guessing 11? Also before I start buying are there any other chapters I should read that have been covered bythe anime but benefit from a reread?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

season 2 of the anime goes until chapter 50 if that's where you want to start. 42 is reiner and bertholt revealing their identities to eren

42 is the last chapter of volume 10 and 50 is the last chapter of 12, so you'd be going straight to new stuff with 13

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Man you'd have enjoyed that Humble Bundle a couple months back that sold the manga.

Anyway, S2 ends volume 12. Volume 13 (chapter 51+) onwards is all as of yet unaired material (unconfirmed, but S3 will likely cover all the way to volume 22).

I suppose it's worth reading chapters 33 and 34 to see how the end of S1 happened in the manga (slightly different), but not worth a purchase imo unless you're already collecting all volumes. See about getting your hands on the Ilse's Notebook and Levi OVAs.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

Man you'd have enjoyed that Humble Bundle a couple months back that sold the manga.

Anyway, S2 ends volume 12. Volume 13 (chapter 51+) onwards is all as of yet unaired material (unconfirmed, but S3 will likely cover all the way to volume 22).

I suppose it's worth reading chapters 33 and 34 to see how the end of S1 happened in the manga (slightly different), but not worth a purchase imo unless you're already collecting all volumes. See about getting your hands on the Ilse's Notebook and Levi OVAs.

I think I will have to be a bit of a buachaill to see the OVAs but I plan to give them a few weeks before I get down to watching them. Watching Mushi-Shi and finishing reading Uzumaki and then I'll have to decide to start buying volumes form 11 or 13 I reckon.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Spoilers are out for 104.

Eren consumes the Warhammer using the Jaw titan's jaw. Galliard got pretty owned this chapter.

The lights were placed to guide Hanji's zeppelin and everyone's escaping in it.

Reiner transforms into a half-armored mess but manages to save Galliard from being eaten as well.

Gabi is mad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Farewell for a week or so pals!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sub Harrison posted:

Eren consumes the Warhammer using the Jaw titan's jaw. Galliard got pretty owned this chapter.

The lights were placed to guide Hanji's zeppelin and everyone's escaping in it.

Reiner transforms into a half-armored mess but manages to save Galliard from being eaten as well.

Gabi is mad.

fukken sick

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Gabi is mad.

The cycle of vengeance turns once more

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol jesus the devouring of the warhammer titan was metal as gently caress

looks like eren's plan is to go full Eva Unit 01 godmode by consuming all 9 titans. Maybe Ymir, the actual god, will be reborn at that point, or something.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I bet he wants Historia or Armin to eat him when he’s done.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I bet he wants Historia or Armin to eat him when he’s done.

This is what I'm thinking too

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

lol jesus the devouring of the warhammer titan was metal as gently caress

holy poo poo :black101:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Eren's zeppelin escape is something out of a James Bond movie.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Is there a link?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

here's an imgur album of the translated chapter 104

https://imgur.com/a/dZpDe

at least I assume it's all of it since I just googled it because you asked :v:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hahahaha holy poo poo

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

drat, action chapters feel so short. :(

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Manatee Cannon posted:

here's an imgur album of the translated chapter 104

https://imgur.com/a/dZpDe

at least I assume it's all of it since I just googled it because you asked :v:

Thank you for your service

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
At first I wasn't sure if Galliard or Eren was going to wind up with the Warhammer power/memory, but it seems like all the liquid falls right into Eren's mouth, so I'm guessing that's that.

Was kinda hoping for some weird memory flashback.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I though this comic couldnt get more :black101: but drat how wrong I was

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Eren using the jaw titan to shatter and consume the warhammer titan is the most metal thing in a manga full of metal. God drat every chapter post-timeskip has been absolutely incredible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is it just me or does Armin actually look younger now than he did pre timeskip

Maybe it's just the hair

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn loving die Reiner. Also lol watch Gabi get killed. Eren is goddamn metal as hell.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Holy poo poo this just keeps getting better :getin:

A bit disappointed we likely aren’t going to get the Colossal nuke going off directly inside the city, but seeing Eren’s carnage made up for it

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I burst out laughing at the nutcracker titan. That's amazing.

It's also saying something that of all the creepy looking titans we've seen in this manga: Reiner's half armored abomination is the most unsettling. That was just a 15 meter tall titan with Reiner's face.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

In It For The Tank posted:

Dammit, I was about to make this joke. I just hope someone draws him in the standard uniform and with a lever in his back.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
LMAO that's some problem solving

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

It's also saying something that of all the creepy looking titans we've seen in this manga: Reiner's half armored abomination is the most unsettling. That was just a 15 meter tall titan with Reiner's face.

Between the titan being only tangentially armored and having his loving human-form face the gently caress?? it looks like Reiner is weaker past what I'd expect from emotional exhaustion alone. I wonder if this is because he's approaching the end of his thirteen years?

Zeke's still looking fit as ever, though.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo that owned

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Can someone remind me where is Zeke?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Also Levi.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Can someone remind me where is Zeke?

lying down on the job...

...thanks to this guy

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I find it so strange that my first urge was to laugh when Eren pulled the nutcracker trick

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

arnold titanegger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Asuron posted:

I find it so strange that my first urge was to laugh when Eren pulled the nutcracker trick

that scene is now directly behind levi's windmill for scenes I want to see animated