Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also what about a chaotic neutral dog? What then, hotshot!?

All dogs are true neutral, genius, did you even read the monster manual? :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

Ironically, the Confederacy does ensure the safety of the human race in the original timeline. They just do it by doing exactly what Coulson says they did: enslaving us.

The funny thing is Hale said she wants to change the deal and wants Coulson to help change the deal. It'd be hilarious if that, right there, is the problem.

The Confederacy would have legitimately showed up and helped us out for some Gravotionium and a few favors but we hosed them up getting greedy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If Hale 9s in the air force in the 90s, she could have been a contemporary to Carol Danvers, who is thr biggest star wars nerd in Marvel.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Some people are saying that Fitz had a good retort to Daisy about betraying the team, but tbh I don't think anything Daisy did was as horrible as what Fitz did to her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

PunkBoy posted:

Some people are saying that Fitz had a good retort to Daisy about betraying the team, but tbh I don't think anything Daisy did was as horrible as what Fitz did to her.

Only because Mack's a saint and forgave her for using her powers against him and breaking bones in the little town while under the influence of Squidward, remember?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If Fitz would have just kept on about taking the chip out she’d probably gone along with it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, I think he just meant that she's betrayed the team before, but Hive mind control and like, season 1 with her boyfriend are the only examples I can think of.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Probably something with her parents too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fitz didn't kill anyone, I'm pretty sure Daisy going on the run lead to Mace's death.

gently caress you Daisy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

It was kind of amazing how many squid puns Talbot had. He most have been workshopping them for years.

Calling them Squidbillies is a pretty deep cut.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Fitz didn't kill anyone, I'm pretty sure Daisy going on the run lead to Mace's death.

gently caress you Daisy.

Fitz actually saved everyone from the fear dimension :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

And the people who delude themselves into thinking their cats aren't plotting ways to kill them

lol if you don't think I know this at all times

cats excrete a mind control bacteria, they are literally tiny furry real life hives

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Finally got to watch the episode. Super solid and keeping with the quality ramping up as the season goes on. Talbot’s banter was incredibly well thought considering his state in the hospital but I still loved it. Bonus points for the Stargate chevron reference on the alien device.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

cats excrete a mind control bacteria, they are literally tiny furry real life hives

So what's your point?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Chokes McGee posted:

I know we like to think of ourselves as free-thinking agents subject to our own whims, but we actually live amongst a miasma of complex interrelationships between countless organisms in a highly adaptive biosphere. To varying degrees, we both are in control and are being controlled more or less constantly.

Point being, oh how nice it would be if it were just cats. But it ain't just cats.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I'm still a little confused/annoyed at how Hale could think time travel is wacky unbelievable nonsense considering all the nutso stuff she's already seen - not to mention Dr. Strange maybe being a known quantity in the wider canon by now.

edit: also, I hope/assume that Hale realizes she has the proof in her own files, e.g. Deke's DNA results.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jetfire posted:

I'm still a little confused/annoyed at how Hale could think time travel is wacky unbelievable nonsense considering all the nutso stuff she's already seen - not to mention Dr. Strange maybe being a known quantity in the wider canon by now.

She's in denial. She's spent so long and given up so much for this project that she can't accept anything else other than it being a total success. Anything else is just people being "unreasonable".

Or, to put it another way: she'd absolutely believe in time travel if it helped to prove her correct.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Jetfire posted:

edit: also, I hope/assume that Hale realizes she has the proof in her own files, e.g. Deke's DNA results.

Do people know about Dr. Strange though? I was under the impression that they were hidden because of MAGIC.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

Bonus points for the Stargate chevron reference on the alien device.

Couldn't have been a Stargate, that's trademarked. Must have been a Far Gate.

I did imagine Walter needlessly yelling "Chevron Two - Locked", though.

Edit: How are people doing on the Stargate Trifecta at this point?

They've all done time travel. Fitz and Coulson have done out of phase. Hmm, that leaves alternate reality. Does the Framework count?

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 3, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

Wow, that is a deep cut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

Wow, that is a deep cut.

Come to the Stargate thread, we reference that episode monthly.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

I did imagine Walter needlessly yelling "Chevron Two - Locked", though.

Edit: How are people doing on the Stargate Trifecta at this point?

They've all done time travel. Fitz and Coulson have done out of phase. Hmm, that leaves alternate reality. Does the Framework count?

CHEVRON ONE ENCODED

edit: UNSCHEDULED OFFWORLD ACTIVATION

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 3, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has AoS done a time loop episode?

Jaffa, Kree!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Jaffa, Kree!

One of my favorite episodes of TV.

“IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?”

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Jaffa, Kree!

I don't believe so, no. I absolutely believe we'll get one before the end of the season, except instead of seeing the characters try to avert a smaller explosion of other such disaster, it's various iterations of the characters trying to stop the Earth exploding.

i.e. many many different versions of the entirety of season 5, only contained within the one episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The current season is one really long round of golf.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Proteus Jones posted:

One of my favorite episodes of TV.

“IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?”

I'm not one for just watching random episodes of TV shows, but that's one of the few exceptions

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually did just load up Stargate on Hulu and find that episode a couple of months ago.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Calamari Mata Hari

This is probably my favorite line in the whole series. Talbot absolutely was on fire in this last episode.

muscles like this! posted:

Calling them Squidbillies is a pretty deep cut.

This was also super great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope they do a time loop episode, because you get to have fun but then at the end bring it back to serious. Daisy would probably be the person who was stuck in the loop, but it would be fun to watch Fitz, Simmons or May stuck in it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I hope they do a time loop episode, because you get to have fun but then at the end bring it back to serious. Daisy would probably be the person who was stuck in the loop, but it would be fun to watch Fitz, Simmons or May stuck in it.

If they did it with anyone, I'd hope they'd do it with Yoyo. She's the one who's lived the furthest in the previous timeline, so we could get some future stuff happening as well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BlackJosh posted:

This is probably my favorite line in the whole series. Talbot absolutely was on fire in this last episode.

This was also super great.

I missed Talbot and it makes me sad he’s basically done as a character. I mean, Fitz came back from severe brain damage, but it also wasn’t the type that made him murder-shouty.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I missed Talbot and it makes me sad he’s basically done as a character. I mean, Fitz came back from severe brain damage, but it also wasn’t the type that made him murder-shouty.

I got the impression Talbot was being drugged. He seemed far less impared when it was just him, Hale, and her robo-flunkies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vord posted:

I got the impression Talbot was being drugged. He seemed far less impared when it was just him, Hale, and her robo-flunkies.

Drugged, tortured, exposed to Alien Swedish food, take your pick.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

RareAcumen posted:

Drugged, tortured, exposed to Alien Swedish food, take your pick.

They're insinuating that Hale worsened his condition in the hospital in order to get hin out there more easily.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Either they were loving with his condition or making sure it wasn't treated.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

BlackJosh posted:

Nothing beats Daisy's Sonic burn, but that was close.

EDIT:

twistedmentat posted:

Because he's O'Brien, it would be Fitz Groundhog Day-ing through Simmons' death over and over until he accepted it.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 4, 2018

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Two of my more favourite moments in this show now involve cereal. Funny how that happens.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think my favorite moment is still either the Nazi one with Daisy and Ward.

Or the moment where Ward makes an appeal to Daisy and Daisy just loving shoots him no hesitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dexo posted:

I think my favorite moment is still either the Nazi one with Daisy and Ward.

Or the moment where Ward makes an appeal to Daisy and Daisy just loving shoots him no hesitation.

The best part is how ward somehow just survives 4 shots to the chest.