Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BrownieVK posted:

I don't know why Microsoft even bothers with a console.

Finally the xbox thread gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm still impressed by the sheer amount of balls it must have took to talk about NMS the way they did, let Sony turn it into a super big deal, and then keep talking about it on network TV, and then KEEP TALKING when two people landed on the same planet and didn't see each other lmfaooo

Like it's for sure not a bad game now, but loooool

On one hand if they had marketed it more realistically they'd probably have seen a much more stable player base with growth, on the other hand they are probably swimming in money from misleading the public and selling a bajillion copies of a game under false pretenses.

To be fair it was only 50% Sean Murray. The other 50% was a crazy unstoppable, unreasonable internet hype train. Which I guess he helped create so it was mostly Sean Murray.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Games that have ships in them and market themselves as being infinite attract a type of religious fanatic that sees no reason

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There was a subreddit for creating factions in NMS :lol: They never even said that was going to be in the game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I 'ship nms and sot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

veni veni veni posted:

There was a subreddit for creating factions in NMS :lol: They never even said that was going to be in the game.

Goons have been sperging out about Star Citizen groups and that game will never even exist.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If Star Citizen ever actually comes out the drama behind No Man's Sky is going to look like small beans in hindsight.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I heard those beans are trading +108% twelve systems over.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Far Cry 5 runs at true 4k and a steady 30fps on X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKpA2iORd4

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Far Cry 5 runs at true 4k and a steady 30fps on X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKpA2iORd4

It's also the only game or movie I've seen where the HDR really impressed me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Really? It was good but Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3 or AC Origins were just as good IMO, just to name a few.

Anyway, thanks to being sick I have already finished Far Cry. Now to twiddle my thumbs until RDR 2 I guess.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
How long before far cry 5 drops from $60? I really really want to play it but from previous experience the far cry games never sit at full price for long.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BrownieVK posted:

How long before far cry 5 drops from $60? I really really want to play it but from previous experience the far cry games never sit at full price for long.

If you buy physical I bet a game store will have it on sale for half off in a few months.

If you're going digital, sit tight until the Xbox summer sale in June.

Uh, either way just wait a few months.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BrownieVK posted:

Its usually 30 days

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmruOmX3xI

Truth.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah I completed nearly everything in Far Cry in 22 hours so I wouldn't rush out to get it. Solid 7.5/10 at best too.

Get AC Origins instead. Super cheap now, much better game, and I got 100+ hours out of it, including DLC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is AC Origins good if I got sick of AC back in the second Italian one?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cojawfee posted:

Is AC Origins good if I got sick of AC back in the second Italian one?

If you didn't like Brotherhood it may not be for you, since most people say it's the best one since Brotherhood.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know if I didn't like it or if I just got bored with AC as a whole. I'll have to check it out sometime. Alex Navarro went to bat really hard for it during the giant bomb game of the year.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

AC Origins was the most fun I’ve had in that series in a really long time. It’s absolutely gorgeous too. I must’ve sunk more than 60 hours into it without even knowing.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
I have a code for PUBG that came with my One X. I don't really care about PUBG.

Do any cool goons wanna trade for a gift copy of something cheaper in return? I'd be interested in something like Ori, Quantum Break, either of the Turoks, Diablo III Necromancer Pack, or maybe Subnautica.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mung Dynasty posted:

I have a code for PUBG that came with my One X. I don't really care about PUBG.

Do any cool goons wanna trade for a gift copy of something cheaper in return? I'd be interested in something like Ori, Quantum Break, either of the Turoks, Diablo III Necromancer Pack, or maybe Subnautica.

Ori for PUBG?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Ori for PUBG?

Fine with me. Add me on XBL as Buff Beefbroth.

Or I can PM you my e-mail address. Whichever you prefer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
FC5 is insanely good on the Xbox one X, the most powerful console in the world.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's good on all consoles, even the Xbox One, the least powerful console in the world.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

It's good on all consoles, even the Xbox One, the least powerful console in the world.
Hey man it's the 5th most powerful console, there's still PS3s and poo poo kicking around.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Today after noticing 4K blu rays always showing up super dim on my TV I switched on Allow YCC 4:2:2 and everything seems to look right now so thats a nice little thing to look out for if anyone else has that issue. I guess its an issue older 4K TVs can have, usually ones without HDR.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

the xbox is fine

play video games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xb1 has pirates! So it now will live forever in my bedroom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why is there no suspend for bc games? Univbee give me the real facts for this horseshit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Why is there no suspend for bc games? Univbee give me the real facts for this horseshit.

This would be nice since I realized recently that the only reason I care to even keep my xbone around is BC and basically everything I care about on this system could have been achieved by not selling my 360.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What is this game Hellblade coming out all about, is it good? It looks like a psychotic version of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

What is this game Hellblade coming out all about, is it good? It looks like a psychotic version of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Its a linear game with good to outstanding audio visual design, a mental illness story, and mediocre puzzles and combat peppered in just enough to avoid being called a walking sim.

Got big praise for being a high production value indie game from ninja theory

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's a difficult game to describe because it's not about one thing. The story: You play as a grieving Celtic warrior who travels into Viking Hell to save the soul of her dead lover. The main conceit is that she also suffers from psychotic episodes that manifest in the form of audiovisual hallucinations, flashbacks, and finding hidden meaning in everything she sees. The gameplay is about 1/3 puzzle solving, 1/3 hack 'n slash combat, and 1/3 wandering through a creepy and desolate landscape. All of these elements are competently done on their own, but not particularly remarkable in any way. The reason why Hellblade gets a lot of praise is for how it integrates all of these elements into a unified artistic vision to create a uniquely empathetic relationship with the main character. The game tells you almost nothing about how to play it, there are no video gamey elements like skill trees, items or even a UI. For 8 hours you're completely drawn into Senua's mind and the hauntingly beautiful world it creates. It's one of the most affecting and involving stories I've ever played. You must wear headphones.

For all these reasons Hellblade is definitely not a game for everyone, but I would say if you've enjoyed artsy psychological games like Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2, SOMA, or SpecOps, you'd probably like it. One of my favorite games of 2017 and it's cool to support something that a AAA publisher would never greenlight in a million years.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

The main conceit is that she also suffers from psychotic episodes that manifest in the form of audiovisual hallucinations, flashbacks, and finding hidden meaning in everything she sees.

Pretty cool that a TVIV poster gets to star in a videogame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:iceburn:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Got big praise for being a high production value indie game from ninja theory

This always gets a chuckle out of me.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:laffo:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Anyone picking up anything in the spring sale? Dishonored Death of the Outsider is half off. I am liking it so far even though I’m kind of burnt permanently out on dishonored. You can use void magic to tear off a person’s face and wear it in this one, which is cool.