Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

morallyobjected posted:

if you're close enough, you can roll forward under it and avoid a lot of the smashes.

Nah I was really far away plinking away with blacksky eye. I just wasn't far enough away a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I swear Defiled Amygala stage 3 has almost perfect hand smack tracking. I really fear doing it on my arcane run guy.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I actually thought p3 was easiest in terms of telegraphing when to dodge in and punish, even if it was more punishing with iframe dodging the swipes that took up the entire arena

although to be fair by that point "getting to p3" meant I was doing better by definition

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

I swear Defiled Amygala stage 3 has almost perfect hand smack tracking. I really fear doing it on my arcane run guy.

If you're doing arcane then you laugh as you shoot lasers at it from a safe distance

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I did a simons bowblade playthrough and just because you can shoot at range doesn't stop the insta-kill bitch slap stage 3 will do on you

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
I just started BB after playing through DS3 (which I’d heard was the most similar, so I thought I’d be prepared), but I’m absolutely getting my poo poo kicked in by basic Undead Settlement-y dudes at the very start of Central Yharnam. I’ve spent like an hour dying to the mob of guys around the big bonfire near the start. I had a few questions so I can get my bearings here:

1. How does parrying work exactly? I get the impression it uses these quicksilver bullets I keep picking up, but I’m not sure how to use them. Is it important to use it even on normal enemies?

2. How does the trick weapon transforming stuff work? I’m coming from DS3 straight swords, so I’ve just been doing R1 spam, but that’s probably a bad idea. How necessary is it to take advantage of it?

3. Did I screw myself by taking the axe at the start, instead of a faster weapon? I thought it looked the coolest, but I feel a little clunkier than all the enemies. Can I switch somehow to test out the others, or do I have to wait until I find them elsewhere?

4. What’s the deal with the blood vial system? I’ve been gradually running out of blood vials over time, and it feels pretty unnecessarily punishing to have to refill them by killing enemies, even while you use them to recover from those same enemies. Is this intended? I feel like it’s totally possible to just get trapped in a corner eventually where you can’t heal enough to make consistent progress.

5. What’s up with lanterns/leveling? I expected lanterns to work roughly like bonfires (in that you can rest/heal at them), but it looks like they just teleport me back to the hunter’s dream, which is kind of confusing and empty right now. Is there any way to level up there? I don’t see any mysterious hooded women I can give all my souls to, but I might be missing something.

Thanks, and sorry for all the new player questions!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
1. Parrying with a gun works by interrupting, specifically (generally) "shooting them while they're doing an animation that could damage you", with the major benefit being that you can hit R1 while they're in the staggered/interrupted animation to do a "visceral attack" for a large chunk of damage. For anything you can effectively stunlock to death with default R1 attacks, it's generally not something you need to worry about.

2. Varies by weapon, but for the most part it just boils down to the idea that you've got two weapons in one that you can use L1 to switch quickly between. Usually the transformed mode is harder-hitting but slower-swinging, but in a lot of cases it's just that some weapons are better off in normal mode or trick mode for certain enemies, terrain, or damage types (for example, the sword cane has a forward thrust that deals thrust damage in normal mode, and a wide horizontal crowd-controlling whip attack that deals serrated damage in trick mode). It's worth playing around with just to get a feel for what your weapon does with which attacks in which mode, but you could go from the beginning of the game to the end with the same weapon without ever swapping your weapon into trick mode if you really felt like it.

3. You didn't "screw yourself over" per se, but the bigger/slower the weapon is the more you have to know the bad guy's attacks so you know how and when to get in and punish them, whereas the smaller/faster weapons give you a bit more time to escape if you mistime it. There's a item (which you can easily walk past without noticing) that will let you purchase the other starter weapons before you get to the first non-optional boss, but if you've not gotten past the initial group of NPC mobs you won't be losing a lot if you reset now.

4. It's theoretically possible but you can buy blood vials for blood echoes at the messenger bath, and obviously there's not anything preventing you from farming blood echoes in this game. I didn't have any trouble running out on my first playthrough, but on my second one when I was beelining a bit more and wandering a bit less it's been a lot more noticable. Some mobs drop more blood vials than others, though; there's some big dudes you'll hit before the first non-optional boss that tend to drop 3-4 per kill that you can farm if you're really hurting for them. I'm personally strongly debating savescumming (backing up the save on a USB and reloading it when necessary) for other, harder-to-get consumables on a later boss, but ymmv.

5. You'll be able to level up at the lady after you've either tripped into your first boss fight or used a Madman's Knowledge consumable item that you may or may not have stumbled across yet.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

wocobob posted:

I just started BB after playing through DS3 (which I’d heard was the most similar, so I thought I’d be prepared), but I’m absolutely getting my poo poo kicked in by basic Undead Settlement-y dudes at the very start of Central Yharnam. I’ve spent like an hour dying to the mob of guys around the big bonfire near the start. I had a few questions so I can get my bearings here:

1. How does parrying work exactly? I get the impression it uses these quicksilver bullets I keep picking up, but I’m not sure how to use them. Is it important to use it even on normal enemies?

2. How does the trick weapon transforming stuff work? I’m coming from DS3 straight swords, so I’ve just been doing R1 spam, but that’s probably a bad idea. How necessary is it to take advantage of it?

3. Did I screw myself by taking the axe at the start, instead of a faster weapon? I thought it looked the coolest, but I feel a little clunkier than all the enemies. Can I switch somehow to test out the others, or do I have to wait until I find them elsewhere?

4. What’s the deal with the blood vial system? I’ve been gradually running out of blood vials over time, and it feels pretty unnecessarily punishing to have to refill them by killing enemies, even while you use them to recover from those same enemies. Is this intended? I feel like it’s totally possible to just get trapped in a corner eventually where you can’t heal enough to make consistent progress.

5. What’s up with lanterns/leveling? I expected lanterns to work roughly like bonfires (in that you can rest/heal at them), but it looks like they just teleport me back to the hunter’s dream, which is kind of confusing and empty right now. Is there any way to level up there? I don’t see any mysterious hooded women I can give all my souls to, but I might be missing something.

1. It works pretty much exactly like in Dark Souls, except that it uses bullets. Different firearms have slightly different parry timings (pistol is a bit faster than the blunderbuss and so on, just like different types of shields work in Dark Souls). When you find more firearms, try them out to see what works for you. I like the pistol the most, but some people swear by the blunderbuss.

2. Not important at all in the grand scheme of things. They’re just an another type of attack.

3. All of the starting weapons are viable, although choosing one over another might steer your build in a certain direction. The axe is more of a strength weapon, so if you like Skill (Dex) weapons instead, you might want to switch ASAP.

4. You can indeed run out of blood vials, which is annoying. If you run out, the werewolves and the ogres at Central Yharnam usually drop 2 or 3 of them. So you can get 10 or so of them in a few minutes. Straight up buying them is the way to go later in the game.

5. You got it. I guess the system is a throwback to Demon’s Souls, where you could only level up at the Nexus.

Edit: Like the poster above said, you can’t level up before killing the first boss or popping some insight. Sorry, I forgot about this.

Smol fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 7, 2018

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
STR builds have smashier weapons but they are all pretty good. Particularly the Kirkhammer has a suprisingly diverse moveset (one of the few weapons that can attack instantly while transforming your weapon outside a combo)

I think the only other two weapons that have this hidden move are Holy Blade and Chikage? (L1 to R1 without a combo)

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

wocobob posted:

1. Parrying works by firing your gun during an enemies windup and if you do it at the right time you’ll hear an audio cue and also they’ll have a certain more dramatic stun animation, like they’re falling to their knees, then you get close and just tap r1, you’ll stick your claw hand into them and mostly one shot enemies. This is MUCH easier to learn to do than parrying in Dark Souls 3, and once you get used to it you’ll rely on it a lot, but also I thought it was more essential than it might be, as my friend who’s playing for the first time and is almost done hasn’t done a parry with a gun a single time. But yeah, you kind of have to get a feel for each enemy’s attacks and then you’ll be parrying most enemies in one try, then you’ll get a feel for most enemies before even really knowing their attacks. A good place to practice is central Yharnam, the starting area, there’s a big ogre with an executioner axe in an isolated area by the very beginning where the first shortcut is with about 3 moves so it’s a good place to practice, and the varied move set will help you get a feel for when to pull the trigger during the attack in general on most enemies, (usually you shoot right when they’re at the peak of the wind up animation for their attack, but just try it out a lot because at least missing a parry will stun the enemy giving you a chance to reset and try again), but yeah that specific ogre seems to be there simply to practice parrying on because he’s one of the more difficult enemies and by far the toughest in the area, but doesn’t drop anything special, maybe some blood vials if you’re lucky.
You don’t want to parry normal enemies regularly, or you just naturally won’t need to. The only time I’d do it for the regular enemies is if you’re practicing, but the regular dudes in central Yharnam aren’t really that much of a threat, the only reason you get killed there, in my experience at least, is because you get swarmed and stunlocked so save the bullets for enemies that do tons of damage. For instance, the skinny beasts in central Yharnam in the sewers with the weapons that have super aggressive attacks that can stagger/kill you easily are worth parrying. Also the brick trolls are pretty dangerous and easy to parry because they really Telegraph their attacks, and they’re probably the best to practice on. It comes down to whether or not I can take out an enemy by doing a 3 attack combo or so/if they’re dangerous enough to kill me if I try to exchange hits and get caught in a combo or before I run out of stamina.. if not, I say parry them. Also you can get behind enemies by dodging around them, and doing a *fully* charged r2 (unlike dark souls where you can just get behind them and press r1, make sure you hear the audio cue that lets you know you’ve fully charged thev attack, then tap r1 and fist their rear end in a top hat, it’s really satisfying). Doing the backstab correctly also triggers the same animation/audio cue, then r1 like you would normally with the gun. This works better on enemies like the wolves on all 4s on the bridge in central Yharnam and bosses who don’t have clear attacks to parry with the gun, and is easier than trying to face them front on. Also doing it to the pigs is especially satisfying as they have actual visible buttholes you will rip tons of blood out from. It’s extremely satisfying and I do it now even when I know the charged r2 alone has killed them.

-also as an aside, in this game you can let the enemies lunge at you and dodge towards them, to the side, giving you the chance to get a few hits and back off, or to backstab them. Make

2/3. Depends on what weapon you’re using, but when I used the saw cleaver, I rarely used the transformed mode, but it’s nice for crowd control if you attack and then transform as you backswing which clears out crowds a bit easier or finishes off an enemy who has a bit of health left. It really depends on each weapon but with Ludwig’s Holy Blade, or the axe, you basically do quicker attacks one handed and heavy attacks (and the crowd controlling spin attack with the axe), but I’d say use the saw cleaver if you want to switch, and you’re at a point where the rolling won’t put you too far back. To get the other starting weapons you need a badge that you get from killing one of the first bosses, or you can kill the pig in the sewer for two more weapons you can then buy (Edit: I’m wrong about this partially or it could just be the opposite, either way you can easily look up the item and run to it). But to try out a weapon similar to the saw cleaver, the saw spear is one of the few weapons you find in the game, and it’s hanging from a rope on the rafters where you meet Eileen. If you need help finding this just look it up on YouTube, or it’s in a building past a bunch of caged dogs further into central Yharnam, before the sewers. It’s pretty much like the saw cleaver, but has a different transformed r2 that’s more of a thrust attack which I prefer for range. You can also transform mid combo to basically get more out of your stamina, at least I think, but mainly learn to use r1 and r2 attacks (and l2 for two handed weapons, like the saw and only a couple other weapons are two handed when transformed, usually heavy weapons like the kirkhammer, which you might want to try out after killing the pig, as its got a quicker sword untransformed and a huge block for smashing poo poo when transformed). There’s like a fraction of the amount of weapons in this game compared to DaS 3 and finding the weapon you like should be easy. The transformation on each weapon is sometimes incredibly useful, or really pointless imo, but usually makes for a more interesting weapon.

4. Yeah that happens with blood vials, but after a while when you get the hang of the game you’ll almost always have a surplus, if not spend the change on blood vials after you level up. It is annoying, and I think most people agree that they should’ve given you at least 5 upon respawning upon death if you run out or whatever, but I prefer having healing items to estus flasks at least. Central Yharnam will yield a ton of blood vials, if you need to farm go there for basically the first third or so of the game.

5. To level up you need one insight and the doll in the dream will come to life. You get insight by entering new areas, speaking with certain NPCs later in the game, entering a boss fight, and killing a boss. In Central Yharnam I believe there’s two of an item called madman’s knowledge which you’ll find a lot of in the game. Using these will give you one insight, which is the number below the blood echoes in the top right hand side of the screen. Insight is the second currency and can be used to buy items at the bath that’s near the side of the building in the hunter’s dream. It’s also used to summon people or NPCs to co op, similar to an ember, but without the health buff. You’ll probably find the first boss before you find madmanms knowledge though and that will grant you one insight, then you can grind if you wish to (I did my first playthough.) The lamps simply allow you to warp to that location, and back to the Dream, and aren’t like bonfires aside from that.

Basically, if you’re having trouble in central Yharnam, try taking on enemies one by one, practice parrying, and learn how to roll/dodge attacks. You’ll want to equip pebbles to throw and aggro one enemy at a time, and not just running into the huge swarm of enemies. Bloodborne is strange in that it’s incredibly punishing from the very beginning, it’s basically a really hosed up tutorial that throws you in the deep end and forces you to learn by getting hosed up repeatedly. I’ve played through all of DaS3, a bit of SotFS, and like the first area or two in 1 and it’s insane how much more difficult it is than any of the other games, and it’ll stay that way until you beat the second boss, then it slows down a bit, or you get the hang of it and then you’ll inevitably get stuck at certain bosses. But yeah it’s intentionally brutal and I almost gave up after 4-5 hours of dying to the mobs in central Yharnam, then it clicked around the time I beat the second boss. The first area is basically teaching you how to use the environment to your advantage, and taking the stairs to the right where the sniper is, and taking out enemies one by one instead of throwing yourself into a situation where you aggro 15. Then the first two bosses are basically hard tutorials on the main two types of bosses in the game.

Hope this helps, sorry for the wall of text but I had the same problems you had minus my weapon choice. Stick with it though! I had the same thing happen going from Bloodborne to Ds3, as Bloodborne was my first souls game, I couldn’t stop being aggressive, and hated and still hate using shields to this day. I love the regain system, and having 20 blood vials, so it sucked getting used to dark souls where you can’t take a hit knowing you can just hit them back with a combo and get all your health back, and also having 4 estus flasks only..

Edit: holy poo poo, sorry I wrote this in like 5 different little sessions and didn’t realize how much I’d written, plus I kept adding to it. But yeah the other two replies are basically just as helpful as mine but more succinct.

Also what’s the item? I thought it was a badge, is it the one I mentioned by the pig? I thought the pig dropped it.. or I thought one of the bosses dropped it.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 7, 2018

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Imhotep posted:

Also what’s the item? I thought it was a badge, is it the one I mentioned by the pig? I thought the pig dropped it.. or I thought one of the bosses dropped it.

Yep, it's the saw badge off a corpse by the pig. I didn't find it until I was on NG. WHOOPS

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the first madman's knowledge is in the sewers afaik so if he's not past the bonfire yet (gently caress that bonfire imo, is what I said when I first started) he's not gonna run into it any time soon

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
What's the highest damage roll on a blood gem you can have? I'm sitting pretty on 3 +27% and want to know if grinding to roll 30 is a thing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Need help choosing between Church Pick vs Blades of Mercy vs Saif

I need a fast weapon and I have very few blood chunks.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Saif. Pick is not as fast but has a really good moveset and is versatile. Blades are good but lack a lot of heft. Saif has that little charge on its untransformed r1 which makes it really really good for spacing in a lot of fights

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The pick is very powerful. For some inexplicable reason it deals serrated, thrust and righteous dmg.

Saif is one of my personal favorites. Its fast and has very versatile moveset.

Pop beast blood pellets and BoM tears through stuff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Blades of Mercy was my favorite of the three. Just could never get the hang of the pick.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Okay so the good news is that it's hard to go wrong.

Also gently caress the shark Giants.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I started messing around with the Logarius Wheel, and I'm still trying to figure what gems to slot in there. Am I better off with a percentage increase in Arcane damage, or a flat +damage? I have more STR than ARC right now, so I figure focusing on +blunt damage gems will get me the best returns.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Okay so the good news is that it's hard to go wrong.

Also gently caress the shark Giants.

Go past the two Winter Lanterns at the bottom of the elevator to Orphan Of Kos. Aggro the shark man from the balcony overlooking him by monocular-aiming a throwing knife at him. (You will have to account for drop but you should figure it out pretty quickly) Smack him in the face from the balcony and retreat from his claw swipes at the appropriate time. Shaman bone blade his stupid face when the other guy drops down and let them hash it out. Kill the survivor. Collect your blood sword.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The Zombie Guy posted:

I started messing around with the Logarius Wheel, and I'm still trying to figure what gems to slot in there. Am I better off with a percentage increase in Arcane damage, or a flat +damage? I have more STR than ARC right now, so I figure focusing on +blunt damage gems will get me the best returns.

Flat arcane or nourishing if you want to be balanced. The multiplier works really well with flat arcane in trick mode.

Basically the multiplier in trick form drops physical down by 30% but multiplies arcane by 4 so flat helps a lot.

Holy moonlight is the opposite. %arcane or nourishing gems. It's multiplier in trick mode is different from the wheel's and benefits much more from % damage increases

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 7, 2018

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

SleepySonata posted:

What's the highest damage roll on a blood gem you can have? I'm sitting pretty on 3 +27% and want to know if grinding to roll 30 is a thing.

I'm pretty sure that's about as high as you can go with physical attack up gems. I could be wrong but those are basically top tier. Congrats!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I have never tried the Pick, so I have no opinion there.

Saif is like a better Saw Cleaver, but backwards. It’s long and slower when un-transformed and folded when transformed. The transformed R1 is an amazing distance closer due to the running step at the start of it.

Blades are unique but they really shine if you have a lot of stamina. The best attacks are the transformed dodging R1s. With a full stamina bar and jumping around like you’re hopped up on crank you can get like 12-15 hits for 1500+ damage. That said, they aren’t much good untransformed, so if you rely on gun parries a lot, go with the Saif instead.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
What's the opinion on the Burial Blade?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Max Wilco posted:

One-handed form is so-so, two-handed form has enormous range and hits like a truck. Both forms have really good rally.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

It is awesome. The transformed charged L2 will knock down who isn’t gigantic, awesome rally. I didn’t even really use the untransformed version too much, it’s a slow but powerful sword that is decent but if I ever needed to get close I would change to the 2-handed Blades Of Mercy and one-hand that if I wanted to parry.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Max Wilco posted:

If I could use it from the beginning of the game I would. I skilled it up to deal with cursed headless BLB, and trick mode has been my favorite since. The only downside is if you're in 2h mode, getting used to the timing of augur to interrupt, but that's pretty whatever

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

It owns. The massive overhead reach you get with the transformed L2 trivializes Amygdala and Ebrietas. Very good rally too, so you can actually trade hits

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I keep on getting my rear end kicked with the transformed version. It is not the greatest for fast enemies for how I play.

Blades of Mercy seem cool as hell. Still haven't put any chunks into them yet.

What's the deal with elemental damage? Basically you need nourishing gems on a purely physical weapon plus an add fire or bolt attack?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just threat both Burial Blade and BoM as pure physical weapons. They're not worth gemming to get their arcane damage up unlike Holy Moonlight Sword or GavlanLogarius' wheel.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The wide arc the burial blade has is useful for some dodgy enemies

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

My one issue with burial blade is it doesn't feel like the R1 attack has as much stagger as it should for a weapon of its size so every time I use it I constantly think I've bought myself some breathing room when I haven't. That being said, it feels like you have the power of god and anime when you slice through like 3 enemies at once.

I finally got Rakuyo. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but after how much effort it takes to get the darn thing I want to use it a bunch. I feel like Ludwig's Holy Blade has spoiled me.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rosalind posted:

My one issue with burial blade is it doesn't feel like the R1 attack has as much stagger as it should for a weapon of its size so every time I use it I constantly think I've bought myself some breathing room when I haven't. That being said, it feels like you have the power of god and anime when you slice through like 3 enemies at once.

I finally got Rakuyo. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but after how much effort it takes to get the darn thing I want to use it a bunch. I feel like Ludwig's Holy Blade has spoiled me.

Yeah there is not enough stagger on the R1's for how slow it is. I feel like untransformed Ludwig's has more.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lambskin posted:

I'm pretty sure that's about as high as you can go with physical attack up gems. I could be wrong but those are basically top tier. Congrats!

one cursed abyssal +str scaling gem and two 27% dam gems is the maximum theoretical damage

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

one cursed abyssal +str scaling gem and two 27% dam gems is the maximum theoretical damage

There’s also the poorman’s blood gemstones which are like ~38% at low health, ~33% for blunt/thrust/full health gems, and 31.5% bloodtinge gems, but those are way more specialized.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Don't use Ludwig's Holy Blade, this isn't dark souls. :cmon:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Van Kraken posted:

There’s also the poorman’s blood gemstones which are like ~38% at low health, ~33% for blunt/thrust/full health gems, and 31.5% bloodtinge gems, but those are way more specialized.

ya im talking generic. though in the quest for perfect physical gems you will acquire a great many specialized onss

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Couldn't find the GBS Bloodborne thread so here I am. I killed BSB on the first try and have been running around trying to do other stuff because Amelia keeps murdering me. Seriously, I got her down to like 10% health on the second try and now I keep dying and I'm almost out of fire paper.

Can I get to any other areas without killing her? (I've got the Hypogaen Gael lamp, sent all the NPCs to Odeon Chapel, messed around in the chalice dungeon but got spanked by the boss, etc.)

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Labes for days posted:

Couldn't find the GBS Bloodborne thread so here I am. I killed BSB on the first try and have been running around trying to do other stuff because Amelia keeps murdering me. Seriously, I got her down to like 10% health on the second try and now I keep dying and I'm almost out of fire paper.

Can I get to any other areas without killing her? (I've got the Hypogaen Gael lamp, sent all the NPCs to Odeon Chapel, messed around in the chalice dungeon but got spanked by the boss, etc.)

Have you done Hemwick Charnel lane? Facing the cathedral where you fight Amelia, go left. There should be a passage that leads there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yeah do Hemwick if you haven't already. It unlocks runes and gives you twin blood shards for weapon enhancement