Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

LloydDobler posted:

I have awesome memories of that car, my grandma bought one new and had it for 30 years. I had a chance to take it for $1500 back in the 90's but my ex wife said no, and the truth is I had nowhere to put it. But it still makes me sad that I let a one owner family classic go to a stranger. You're not in the Portland area are you?

Montana, same neighborhood as Jamal (I think). The guy wants 7k for it and just from what I saw, it *might* be worth that.

e: fucks given = 0, sig for the sig god

dee eight fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

It was a half pound of Reypenaer

Challenge accepted.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

dee eight posted:

Montana, same neighbor as Jamal (I think). The guy wants 7k for it and just from what I saw, it *might* be worth that.

e: fucks given = 0, sig for the sig god

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

boss sig. i can see why you keep that classic in the garage most of the time

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Earlier someone said eggs are best with/on leftovers.

Cheese is the real champion on top of left overs. Who can resist a nice bit of melted cheddar? Terrorists I’m sure.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I used to do 200lb+ squats and stopped doing it because I tweaked a knee really bad, even when I use less weight i was having issues. also deadlifts were starting to gently caress with my back so I noped out of those too. It had everything to do with age because when i was younger I never had that problem. Father time is a bitch aint it.

You ever try using knee sleeves?

https://www.roguefitness.com/strong...8IaAsuDEALw_wcB

I was looking at these recently but my frail, pathetic wallet told me I don't need them.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Earlier someone said eggs are best with/on leftovers.

Cheese is the real champion on top of left overs. Who can resist a nice bit of melted cheddar? Terrorists I’m sure.

Give me Swiss, or give me white cheddar as a second choice, but yeah almost any cheese is good melted on leftover chicken with a side of slaw.

As for the eggs:

hard boil and peel 3 dozen eggs, set aside
In a large pan, heat 3 cups vinegar and stir in 2 cups sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
add 2 cans whole red beets and juice to the vinegar and heat until hot but not boiling.
add the eggs and turn off heat.
when cool, transfer to a big glass jar and refridgerate for 2/3 days.

When they are just right, you cut one on the long axis and there's a cheery yellow yolk with a white corona fading into royal purple. salt and pepper to taste.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo. Comped dinner at Tavern on Rush (in Chicago). I have so much ribeye inside of me.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I'm mildly jealous. Mrs d8 is cooking a cheap store-brand frozen pizza right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was soooo good.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

The really best way to hard boil 3 dozen eggs is to put 'em in the water, heat it up to a good boil, turn off the heat and put a lid on. Wait exactly 13 minutes and 4 seconds and then douche the eggs with cold water. They peel easy after that and they're perfectly cooked.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I put eggs into pot, fill pot with cold water, set it on stove and wait until the water is boiling. Boil for 9 minutes, shock them in cold water. Never get grey on my yolks.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Thats how we did it in the 70s but with the advent of the internet, I found the ultimate method and follow it faithfully.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hey Canada Im gonna steal one of your womans.

That was one of the best 10 days in my life. Great cycling in a rather nice place with good company. And the girl I stayed with turned out a godawful load better than I expected or hoped.

Im coming back over Christmas

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tomarse posted:

Get some dubbin and use it!. On my new Doc's I used the D.M. "wonder balsam" fancy dubbin and then left them by a warm radiator for a couple of days for it to soak in. Repeat after wearing them for a day. It makes loads of difference and got them comfy after 2 days and broken in after a week. I found that going to a few busy metal gigs also helped :)

I was seriously considering this when my screen got cracked, but then I rang around more and managed to get the price of the replacement screen down a lot further. In my case a replacement screen cost £190 all in. The cheapest insurance that included glass coverage was about £200 more than the one I currently have without it - but there was still a £75 or £100 excess to pay for screen replacement.

Full glass coverage (i.e. no deductible) costs about $8 or $10 per 6 months (or maybe the year, I forget) here. If you have full coverage/comprehensive in AZ, full glass is just a no-brainer.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

This pizza ain't bad with a bowl and a brew.

went to #AI in synIRC and asked do you like NASCAR? and got a rude response.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cheese is just behind beer and weed as far as proof god loves us and wants us to be happy but if I eat too much cheese I get so blocked up my life is pain for two days while my body tries to do the playdoh extruder move through my intestines.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Geico called me and said they won't let me keep collision on my car, and very pushy about removing comprehensive. Agreed to removing it. They said once I get the car fixed up, I can have them inspect it to see if they'll cover it for more than scrap value again.

.... then realized "wait, I still have a rental car with a MSRP around my gross income per year". Called them back to make sure it'd be covered. lol nope, with a hail storm coming in, even. At least I got them to undo the changes until I turn in the rental. Thankfully the hail storm went north, but mom wasn't so lucky.... loving baseball size hail at her place (~25 miles away). She had her car in the garage, but it looks like she has another homeowners claim for hail damage. Roof is about a year old.. :sigh:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Geico called me and said they won't let me keep collision on my car, and very pushy about removing comprehensive. Agreed to removing it. They said once I get the car fixed up, I can have them inspect it to see if they'll cover it for more than scrap value again.

.... then realized "wait, I still have a rental car with a MSRP around my gross income per year". Called them back to make sure it'd be covered. lol nope, with a hail storm coming in, even. At least I got them to undo the changes until I turn in the rental. Thankfully the hail storm went north, but mom wasn't so lucky.... loving baseball size hail at her place (~25 miles away). She had her car in the garage, but it looks like she has another homeowners claim for hail damage. Roof is about a year old.. :sigh:

I'm still waiting to see what happens with the title. Both times I've dealt with a total, the insurance company has require the title to be branded. It makes sense for them.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Sorry about the triple post, but my company took Monday off (instead of Good Friday) so I went to the nearly-deserted theater and saw Ready Player One and Pacific Rim 2.
I knew Ready Player One was aiming to mine my nostalgia, and I was OK with that. I am absolutely square in the target demographic age group for what they were dishing out. I loved it. Story was nothing world shaking, but it was gorgeous, and I had a ball noting all the references. Still missed a pile, like where the outfit Parcival was wearing in the nightclub scene came from, though I think that was mainly because I had to go pee when they apparently did the costume change scene.
I was gratified to note not only the Delorean, Akira's bike, and Bigfoot in the initial race, but also the '66 Batmobile, and the Mad Max Interceptor. I missed that there was also Christine, the A-Team van, and a variation on the Mach 5 in there as well. Also, the Delorean has a KITT scanner on the front.
SO MANY movie and video game characters, weapons, and vehicles in the climactic battle. Others just wandering around in the lobby areas of the world.
I won't lie - I want to live in Oasis. They are absolutely correct in how it will go down if such a thing ever actually exists.
The hosed up thing is that, logically, he should have hit the big red button and shut it all down, to force people to address problems in the real world.
I will, in all likelihood, buy a Blu-Ray of this.

Pacific Rim 2 was a solid sequel. Again, fairly standard story. Absolutely beautiful. Some nice twists on the bad guys, and, of course, giant robots fighting. No real complaints.

I got exactly what I expected out of both - action, adventure, eye candy hung on a fairly simple/conventional story. Definitely worth the matinee price.

Still need to see Black Panther, and I think I'll actually see Wrinkle In Time on matinee as well.

There's *no* manual key slot anywhere? That's stupid.

The Delorean with the KITT scanner and Ghostbusters decals is based on the author's actual car.

He is an enormous wank pheasant, and only Spielburg's insistence that the script be massively rewritten made the movie watchable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The best review of RP1 described it along the lines of: if you're young enough to enjoy the plot, you won't get half the references. If you're old enough for the references, you have better things to do.

I enjoy schlock, especially Spielberg shlock (the terminal is a fav of mine) but I will be skipping what I perceive to be peak wankbait, RP1.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im of the mindset where if they say that once i begin looking for a new job because if they arent able to afford the costs involved in retaining their employees with incentives and rewards then they shouldnt be in business at all

I'm really worried about this at work this year. A lot of my guys don't feel well done by, and I'm expecting a lot of 'not in the budget' come end of year promotions period, which if they're self-respecting at all should mean I've got a few 'this guy is going to bail and take 5+ years of experience in position with him'.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I got a stand-alone “Egg Maker” for like $5 when Sears was going out of business and it is a game changer! Love hard boiled eggs but hate hate hate making and peeling. This makes it a dream if it ever breaks I’d definitely pay full price for another one.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The best review of RP1 described it along the lines of: if you're young enough to enjoy the plot, you won't get half the references. If you're old enough for the references, you have better things to do.

I enjoy schlock, especially Spielberg shlock (the terminal is a fav of mine) but I will be skipping what I perceive to be peak wankbait, RP1.

The book is in every way worse than the movie. Mike Nelson of MST3k did a podcast on RP1 that is worth a listen. It gets deservingly torn apart.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Comedians in Cars is a fine show to wake up with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy meat drunk hangover.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I liked it, but for the same reasons I enjoyed the book: I knew exactly what I was going to get, I like the references to all the old nerd poo poo, and I don't particularly care about the problems with it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

everdave posted:

I got a stand-alone “Egg Maker” for like $5 when Sears was going out of business and it is a game changer! Love hard boiled eggs but hate hate hate making and peeling. This makes it a dream if it ever breaks I’d definitely pay full price for another one.
Which egg maker are you talking about that peels/shells the eggs? I don't think I've seen one of those before.

I love me some soft boiled eggs mixed in with toast :3:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I just make my hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot now. Little wire rack, cup of water, four minutes (three for runny), vent to atmosphere when it beeps, cup of ice water, peels off so easily.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I need an instant pot so bad. Used to have one in the last relationship but it was hers so when we split I lost it.

So loving useful. And I know that it's just a general pressure cooker, but the huge community with bespoke recipes centered around an instant pot's size and orientation means it's nice to just follow the directions directly sometimes.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

I need an instant pot so bad. Used to have one in the last relationship but it was hers so when we split I lost it.

So loving useful. And I know that it's just a general pressure cooker, but the huge community with bespoke recipes centered around an instant pot's size and orientation means it's nice to just follow the directions directly sometimes.

Supposedly, there is a new version coming out so all the retailers have their existing stock on blowout. Mine is great, but I wouldn't say it changed my life (outside of this recipe, because holy gently caress it's good).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Supposedly, there is a new version coming out so all the retailers have their existing stock on blowout. Mine is great, but I wouldn't say it changed my life (outside of this recipe, because holy gently caress it's good).

That's a good recipe, looks like.

I hate how recipe websites have huge fuckoff blog stories before the recipe itself, though, so I found this addon for chrome that extracts the recipe itself from the blog post and makes it easily printable/savable.

I did see an Instant Pot at walmart for $50, but I know walmart forces manufacturers to create specific SKUs that are often a lot cheaper in quality than other places/online, so I held off. Maybe it wasn't a dud after all, didn't know about the refresh.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

slidebite posted:

Which egg maker are you talking about that peels/shells the eggs? I don't think I've seen one of those before.

I love me some soft boiled eggs mixed in with toast :3:

AH it doesn’t peel them too but you puncture the eggs and steam them after cooling down it takes like 2 minutes to peel 6/7. Which for me is a feat I just never have them peel easily or I destroy halfway if them when making the traditional way

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
More dogs...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Seminal Flu posted:

I'm still waiting to see what happens with the title. Both times I've dealt with a total, the insurance company has require the title to be branded. It makes sense for them.

They haven't asked for the title.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

They haven't asked for the title.

Texas doesn't have electronic title? Because if so, doesn't matter if you have the hard copy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

They do, but the claims rep told me it'll keep a clean title since I'm keeping it.

Remains to be seen, of course, but I haven't signed any power of attorney or anything.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MotoGP race getting ready to start in Argentina, beIN channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Kimchi on grilled cheese is soooooooooooo good

• Locked thread