Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ronda Rousey looked very attractive in her Piper cosplay. Stephanie and HHH are both loving awful and i hope they meta book themselves to be this pair of loving losers. If not, welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was mostly surprised with how smooth Ronda looked. There was some botchy poo poo for sure, but some of that could have been Steph being awful. That clothesline where she went right into the roll was loving beautiful.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was mostly surprised with how smooth Ronda looked. There was some botchy poo poo for sure, but some of that could have been Steph being awful. That clothesline where she went right into the roll was loving beautiful.

She moved around really well and her intensity was on another level, it was an incredibly successful debut for her by just about any metric

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

since Seth has the IC title I'd absolutely bet on Finn being the next guy in line.

I'm hoping the Nakamura turn is to build up a Bryan/Nak match for the title.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ronda's still a bit green, but I liked what I saw. I think Baszler is a bit more promising overall, but both have transitioned to wrestling remarkably well it seems like.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Are there any good wrestling podcasts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Ronda's still a bit green, but I liked what I saw. I think Baszler is a bit more promising overall, but both have transitioned to wrestling remarkably well it seems like.

Well, Shayna does have 3 more years of experience too.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Blaise330 posted:

People kept calling into Tazz's radio show saying that and he keeps going "nah, no way, thats stupid, vince wouldnt care about something like that. Nah"

I'm guessing he doesn't remember AJ Lee and Demolition.

The New Day (483)/Demolition (478)
Nikki Bella (301)/AJ Lee (295)

Nikki supposed to defend against Charlotte on PPV that week too, however RAW had a match on Monday JUST so they could say Nikki broke the streak, at which point Charlotte absolutely womanhandled her that Sunday.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, Asuka's current character is loving dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtzAAIw8fU

That was a complete burial in that backstage interview. You would think she would show signs of anger, want some revenge, or anything of the sort. But nope. "Oh my 2.5 year streak is over. Oh well! Charlotte is cool and I will come out of this stronger!!" (which probably means she's losing a bunch more)

Can't wait for Vince to give her an incredibly awful gimmick.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

32 was the most spite filled show I've ever seen

This was just...confusing? Like there were good results that just had completely flat or anticlimactic endings (Braun in the "Braun gets a belt, please leave us alone now fans" special), good results in bad matches (Nia/Alexa, Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day), baffling results (Taker squashing Cena) in bad matches (whatever the gently caress you call the Universal title match), and underwhelming matches with unbelievable amounts of talent in them (Styles/Nak, Bryan/Shane v Owens/Zayn)

You have your most talented, stacked roster ever. Coming a day off your developmental's best show ever. With some of your most hyped matches (Styles/Nak) or moments (Bryan's return) ever. And it's weird to have all that and still be this underwhelming

Nia vs Alexa was a great match with a good finish. It felt out of place on this show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What impressed me most about Rousey was how much she was willing to bump, she really threw herself around the ring. That's a much better sign of hope than her offence looking decent, it means she's committing to the fake side of the sport.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Rousey is fine but I hope she loses the Piper cosplay gimmick sooner rather than later.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm more than fine with her keeping that outfit.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Aphrodite posted:

Well, Shayna does have 3 more years of experience too.

Yeah good point. Either way, point stands that both look really good and probably have very good runs ahead of them.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

CobiWann posted:

Time holding a modern day top-tier WWE championship (consecutive days)
Brock Lesnar – 372 days
CM Punk – 435 days

Brock Lesnar will pass CM Punk’s modern-day record on Monday, 11 June 2018.

The Money in the Bank PPV will be held on Sunday, 17 June 2018 in Rosemont, IL, just outside of Chicago.

Five bucks says Brock holds until then JUST to break's Punk record, and then Lesnar drops it at SummerSlam, if not MitB.

This is exactly what they're doing and why Brock retained.

Anyway, i liked the show. The first 2 hours were flames. Got a bit long after THAT.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I like Tights and Fights on Maximum Fun

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I need to see her fight Keith David before I can decide.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
put nicholas in the hyperbolic time chamber and have Matt Riddle step out

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If they had given up on Roman as the top guy, they wouldn't have had him kick out of five F5s.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Braun is a friend to all children.

All members of the Wyatt family are champs except Bray lol.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Going In RAW is pretty good.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mania 34 is probably my favorite Mania since 30 (I'm not a fan of 31 outside of the cash-in and That RKO), which is to say it's....still not really that good! Here and there. Was on track to be a classic through the first half or so.

Good things:
Set looked great
Cruiserweights, and I'm not one who usually cares
IC match did what a good opener's supposed to do
THAT WAS THE EXACT CORRECT WAY TO BOOK THE STREAK ENDING, WITH ASUKA BEING DEFEATED BY A GREAT WRESTLER ON THE GRANDEST STAGE WITH NO BS, GOOD JOB WWE
Ronda match was fun, though I think Steph would kick out of an F5 if they ever booked Steph/Lesnar
Oh Cena, you took that one like a champ
DBry (could've done without like half an hour of Shane-O-Mac though)

OK things:
Bray/Hardy
Bludgeon Brothers rolling (some NXT callups might make for fun feuds there)
Nia/Bliss was exactly what it needed to be – Alexa was always going to get *some* offense in, and it was of the heeling sort, good stuff
Strowman/John Cone's son....but time to pull back on Comedy Braun, WWE

Bad things:
Lady ARMBAR was a mess in the ring and in production
jinderjawofeijaowefiaje;f
I don't understand what the point of Roman is anymore
Man, they should've turned Nak before the match or during it or done something to spice it up to be something more than "OK"....ugh, why hold back, it's the Show Of Shows!

C+ show, I guess? I am intrigued by tonight's Raw outside of fans making asses of themselves, so there's that.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Commissar Ken posted:

Man I can't shake that AJ/Nak match being 2 acts of a 3 act play and then Schiavone being all "We'reouttatimeseeyouonThunder!" and them setting a 'to be continued?!' with the heel turn at the end there. Instead of getting a barn burner we got a decent match that ended abruptly for seemingly no reason. I think all that shitshow at the end would have gone down better if we had at least gotten the time on the match everyone was hoping would steal the show.

Still excited for heel Nak though. He'll have to carry it as the lone main event heel now that they're probably shuffling KO/Zayn off to RAW to be lost forever in the shuffle.
Thing is, AJ/Nak II was only four minutes off from their classic at WK10, and the preceding 20 minutes really didn't have the makings of the most exhilarating mat classic, plus the audience sounded really tired. So, I'm left with having to assign the blame to the two men in the ring.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Goons - ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGH I'm not watching poo poo head Roman win god why do they shove him down our throats!

Roman Loses

Goons -ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH What is the point even!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Like when I watched Sakura Genesis I forgot Ospreay vs. Scrull was on the card and that ended up being a 5 star match.

WM 34 I expected AJ and Nakamura to be 5 stars and,it was... Okay.

Honestly, my favorite match was the Rousey match because it subverted all my expectations.

Though the match I was most hyped for was Charlotte vs. Asuka and it delivered.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hako posted:

Goons - ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGH I'm not watching poo poo head Roman win god why do they shove him down our throats!

Roman Loses

:rolleyes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highlight of the show was Kane eliminating Dolph :swoon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think the highlight was HHH selling Rousey punches in the corner all waving his arms and looking all sad

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Hako posted:

Roman Loses

We want Roman to win so we can get him being champ over with. If he goes over anyone anyway but isn't the champ then why bother putting him over everyone else?

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Strawberry Panda posted:

We want Roman to win so we can get him being champ over with. If he goes over anyone anyway but isn't the champ then why bother putting him over everyone else?

Because he is the big dog WOOF!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I'm not a Roman fan but I'm just over Brock Lesnar. His gimmick ran it's course a year and a half ago.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Retromancer posted:

I'm not a Roman fan but I'm just over Brock Lesnar. His gimmick ran it's course a year and a half ago.

Agreed. I just want good title matches again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that casey dude who has diva scoops tweeted that Rosa Mendes is returning tonight

I'm not bothering to spoiler that because I think everyone would appreciate the warning

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
I'm sure Rosa is returning for all the right reasons and has a bright future.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Klauser posted:

I'm sure Rosa is returning for all the right reasons and has a bright future.

I thought she was sober now but my friend was at Walemania and said she was hosed up

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Brock destroying Roman would be great if I believed for one second that they were actually moving on to someone new.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Alexa will become reformed now that she has been brutally crushed by Nia Jax.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Brock destroying Roman would be great if I believed for one second that they were actually moving on to someone new.

Lashley's new

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Alexa will become reformed now that she has been brutally crushed by Nia Jax.

If Nia wasn't so big her samoan drop wouldn't have been as effective.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Incessant Excess posted:

yeah, really the only hope i have is that vince finally realized that roman isn't happening. that's the only reason i'd be okay with brock still hanging around and showing up once or twice before dropping the big red belt that everyone hates anyway. which is why i know it's futile but eh.

• Locked thread