Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Slightly Absurd posted:

Haha, yeah, at first I was trying to spread it among my friends as a "haha! look at the new rick and morty! GOTCHA!" but the more I've seen it in the process, the more I've grown to love it

I don't understand why people would hate it. It's just like the original Doc and Mharti, but with a funny accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

prefect posted:

I don't understand why people would hate it. It's just like the original Doc and Mharti, but with a funny accent.

Yeah, it's just "what if justin roiland was born in australia and wasn't quite so into poop"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think I like it more than the actual show now and am sad we probably won’t get more.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think I like it more than the actual show now and am sad we probably won’t get more.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I feel like Roiland has some really scary sex monster story in his closet that will come out after watching something like that.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

My wife didn't care for it at all but like, isn't mad at it exists. Why are "the fans" raging at it?

Initial reactions were that it was a dumb and bad waste of time because they didn’t understand that it’s dumb on purpose and also because it wasn’t the secret premiere of season 4 they were hoping for.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I feel like Roiland has some really scary sex monster story in his closet that will come out after watching something like that.

he's just australian

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

FactsAreUseless posted:

So is this a problem or something?

Yeah man, I think it's kinda lovely.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Initial reactions were that it was a dumb and bad waste of time because they didn’t understand that it’s dumb on purpose and also because it wasn’t the secret premiere of season 4 they were hoping for.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

This show has always been too good for its popularity and I would expect nothing less from season 4 then to make fun of all the idiot fans who have to get Dan and Justin to explain the jokes on youtube after each episode and also the pretentious fans like me who think they are better than everyone else.

The prophecy came true.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Roiland is entitled to like whatever the hell he wants, but when he makes stuff on his own it's basically just a bunch of random gross poo poo and it's not actually funny

I didn't care for Bushworld Adventures but I'd take an entire season of Bushworld Adventures over whatever the gently caress that Seth Rogen thing was

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope Justin makes more poop movies to show at big public events.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He's set a new bar for all Australian shitposters.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
As long as most of the people who hated Bushworld Adventures were the type of RnM fans who think that Rick is some kind of alpha male genius they should strive to emulate, I'm fine with that. :v:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think the consensus is that he was probably abused as a child.

Also I think there are screencaps of him being cringy in IMs or something.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
I take it you guys have not seen 2 Girls, 1 Cup: The Show on PBS Kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC5JaIqDB2s

Hooaaaoooaaaaoooohhha. Ahha hhhaa ah hha yeah.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
If you're all ragging on Roiland's fetishes I'd like to remind you that Harmon was the proud owner of a real doll.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

emanresu tnuocca posted:

If you're all ragging on Roiland's fetishes I'd like to remind you that Harmon was the proud owner of a real doll.

I don't know if you could really say "proud".

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

prefect posted:

I don't know if you could really say "proud".

He's been pretty upfront about not being proud of any of his deviant poo poo. It's what actually makes him tolerable, to me anyway.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

These days it's the people who aren't open about their weird poo poo I'd be suspicious of. As old No-Bark says, you've got nothing to worry about when it's all laid out for ya.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

emanresu tnuocca posted:

A whole one or just the leg?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Anything above the knee is just frills, really.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baronjutter posted:

I don't think he had the real doll and the mannequin at the same time. But he did have mannequin legs longer than the whole mannequin, and I think those overlapped the real doll. (It's been a while since I listened to those episodes of the podcast.)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He described the mannequin leg as his longest sexual relationship, lasted until the dog chewed it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Every time I watch Bushworld Adventures it gets funnier. Lol that a lot of R&M fans’ first reaction was to rage over it.

What's pissing me off today is the BA looping stream on AS.com is gone, but there are three channels (Animation Marathon, Williams Stream, Rick and Morty channel) running R&M simultaneously. Right now, it's your choice of "Hungry for Apples?", "Bird Person's wedding where Rick goes to jail", or "Neverending multiverse split episode where Beth is determined to prove to herself she's worthwhile".

And between R&M, Archer, and Progressive, I think I'm tired of hearing Chris Parnell's voice.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Roiland is entitled to like whatever the hell he wants, but when he makes stuff on his own it's basically just a bunch of random gross poo poo and it's not actually funny

I didn't care for Bushworld Adventures but I'd take an entire season of Bushworld Adventures over whatever the gently caress that Seth Rogen thing was

Seth Rogen's "I'm a big goofy stoner masquerading as an unfunny comedian huhuhuhuh" gimmick was tired five years ago.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 10, 2018

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Get in the loving car, Morty!!!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Seth Rogen's "I'm a big goofy stoner masquerading as an unfunny comedian huhuhuhuh" gimmick was tired five years ago.

I've never been a fan of Seth Rogen's character in anything (yes it's the same character in every single movie) but the biggest sin is having him play young George Bluth.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

FireWorksWell posted:

Get in the loving car, Morty!!!

GET IN THE FUCKIN CAAHHH!!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kick the bloody ball.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

GET IN THE FUCKIN CAAHHH!!!

Easily my favorite thing to come out of rick and morty.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Question to the Aussies itt: are the guys satirized in Michael Cusack's animations, particularly Darren and Damo, hosed up on something other than liquour and tobacco? 'Cause over in the States they'd definitely be pegged as methheads.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 10, 2018

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Meth's pretty big in Australia too, so that seems like a safe bet.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
You can never discount the influence of meth especially in regional cities like Bendigo but I know plenty of drop kicks like that that never even touched a pipe, it’s just inter-generational alcoholism and lovely insular small suburb/town culture

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 10, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeh an they got nothin but fuckin ciggy butts up there now. they got ciggy butt brains

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

bring back old gbs posted:

yeh an they got nothin but fuckin ciggy butts up there now. they got ciggy butt brains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHpkB4wKd0

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If anything in my experience Damo and Darren kind of remind me of some smack heads I knew once but ofc being smack heads they were not averse to a cheeky whiff of the glass bbq as well

For reference this is David wenhams pitch perfect reproduction of the kind of strung out yob I am talking about

https://youtu.be/pFS6WAXea5s

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 11, 2018

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

CBJSprague24 posted:

And between R&M, Archer, and Progressive, I think I'm tired of hearing Chris Parnell's voice.

Be glad you don’t watch Disney Junior, then! I have twin daughters that love “Elena of Avalor,” another Chris Parnell vehicle. The man is inescapable!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
So I went to McDonalds today and asked for Szechuan Sauce with my McNuggets and the woman got audibly stressed and was like "ITWASASHORTTIMEPROMOTIONTHEREISNOSZECHUANIMVERYSORRYSIR"

so i asked if i could have ranch instead

i wish i'd known it was limited i'd have stocked up a bit, it actually was decent

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have one in the fridge. Gonna sell that poo poo on eBay.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whoa this is v good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rick and Morty is already basically built around the ordeal of a kid with an unstable abusive substance abusing parent, and Bushland just takes it even closer to home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wandered into a Hot Topic out of boredom today and they already had a Bushland Adventures shirt displayed.

EDIT:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 11, 2018