Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbit posted:

Are we just ignoring that Charlotte is actually a really loving good wrestler?

Not that Asuka is a good promo or anything but Charlotte is so bad on the mic it more than counteracts her ability as a wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Not that Asuka is a good promo or anything but Charlotte is so bad on the mic it more than counteracts her ability as a wrestler

Charlotte is ok on the mic, come on.

She ain't her dad but she's fine enough.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sockser posted:

I was 7 hours into a wrestling, pizza, and PBR binge for the main last night, so I decided to go full masochist and try to watch it again

I made it about 30 seconds in before my attention fizzled and I started skipping through

It was loving lovely and bad and dumb

Why did they do this extra segment of Roman leaving the arena at the end

What the gently caress is this

Why did they do any of this

What was the point of any of this

My kinda guy! See ya in the Raw thread!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

She's better than most of them so I'm not sure what you want

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

750+ new posts since I checked the thread this morning? What the hell happened?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

Especially lately.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
At least Ric was a good looking man at one point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Charlotte's only pushed because she's a Flair."
"No, she's actually really good and had a really good match."
"Well, she can't talk."
"She can talk just fine."
"WELL SHE'S UGLY."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dango Bango posted:

I tried to skim all of it and best as I can tell it was mostly just WM fallout. But there was news in Brock re-signing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven't seen people freak out this much about someone being buried when they clearly weren't in a long while. I had big hopes and dreams of seeing both Asuka and Shinsuke win last night, but I'm not upset with either outcome. Shinsuke is so loving charismatic and cool that he could make a really fun heel, and if the alternative is the streak being lost to Ronda then I'm way into Charlotte winning. They're two of the most no-nonsense wrestlers in the division, had a great match, and a no bullshit ending. The streak had to end sometime, and the only way it would have been better is if it was the main event of the show.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dango Bango posted:

People realized that their last 4 years of Roman hate has left them bitter hollow shells of human beings.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Charlotte can be both a good wrestler and a nepotism case. The women's division is not lacking in talent and there's a reason she's like the only person in it to get any sustained attention or accomplishments.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

VJeff posted:

"Well, she can't talk."
"WELL SHE'S UGLY."

Shes also bad and I bet she smells gross

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Charlotte can be both a good wrestler and a nepotism case. The women's division is not lacking in talent and there's a reason she's like the only person in it to get any sustained attention or accomplishments.

Yeah, I'm a fan of hers but I get why people are just kind of tired of her being on top and rankle at the inferred nepotism of it. Charlotte's good enough that she could stand to be out of the title picture for awhile and making things more interesting away from the belt.

Also some people are creeps and weirdos about it. But that's not uncommon around here with the ladies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Charlotte is actually good but could be great if she'd only embrace her father's sexual dynamo gimmick.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

wow

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It could've been worse. Asuka could've been like Tatanka, who went undefeated for 2 1/2 years, before being beaten by a guy who was gone like 6 month later.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Shes also bad and I bet she smells gross

To be fair we don't know if she smells or not! :frogbon:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

It could've been worse. Asuka could've been like Tatanka, who went undefeated for 2 1/2 years, before being beaten by a guy who was gone like 6 month later.

on WWF Superstars, the syndicated saturday show, no less!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Most of Charlotte's failings on the mic is what she's given. You can tell when she's talking badly that she has no idea how to make any of it sound real or not lame.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Most of Charlotte's failings on the mic is what she's given. You can tell when she's talking badly that she has no idea how to make any of it sound real or not lame.

aka all of WWE's promos these days

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart blood posted:

I don't REALLY agree she has a very stilted SPEAKING PATTERN. Probably BECAUSE she has to recite lovely WWE writers' PROMOS.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Its insane to think they botched the end of wrestlemania to push for a saudi show right

right?

Shoenin posted:

Charlotte's biggest problem is that you cannot explain who she is or her personality without using the words "ric flair"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

VJeff posted:

"Well, she can't talk."
"WELL SHE'S UGLY."

Insert rovert getting worked up about her having a nanny, for good measure

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Charlotte's biggest problem is that you cannot explain who she is or her personality without using the words "ric flair"

Ehhh I dunno. What was Ric Flair except a guy who wrestled great and won titles all thr time? She does the same thing as him, just thankfully without talking about Space Mountain. I mean, sure, it's easy to describe her as Flair's daughter but her gimmick is basically "a good wrestler."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would be funny if Charlotte fully embraced the Nature Boy/Girl character.

Well it would be funny for like 5 minutes and then the internet would make it really creepy and gross.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Phenix Rising posted:

Ehhh I dunno. What was Ric Flair except a guy who wrestled great and won titles all thr time? She does the same thing as him, just thankfully without talking about Space Mountain. I mean, sure, it's easy to describe her as Flair's daughter but her gimmick is basically "a good wrestler."

He was also super rich, had expensive cars and fancy clothes. He hosed all the time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Defiance Industries posted:

He was also super rich, had expensive cars and fancy clothes. He hosed all the time.

I don't think they can safely pull off "fucks a lot" in this era. But yeah, get Charlotte a fancy car. I'm into it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well how else did Charlotte come about?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Have her do that and also betray Sting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if they dont have her betray sting shell never get over in this territory

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hey, random question, but anybody have, or know where I can get a super high resolution of this?

If I can, I wanna get this printed, it's legit cool looking enough to hang up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ShootaBoy posted:

Hey, random question, but anybody have, or know where I can get a super high resolution of this?

If I can, I wanna get this printed, it's legit cool looking enough to hang up.

go get your own hi-res screencap of it off of the network and go to the website on the watermark and plug it in

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Phenix Rising posted:

What was Ric Flair except a guy who wrestled great and won titles all thr time?

Have you.... ever seen Ric Flair?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Have you.... ever seen Ric Flair?

His gimmick was basically just rich dude who fucks and wins matches (and then also gets clowned). There's not a lot of depth there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OP updated with Raw results.

Fun Raw! Too long, but fun!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goodbye Kevin and Sami, 2 men without a home

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chris James 2 posted:

They're gonna start their own show, with poutine and humanitarian aid to Syria!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

They're signing with TNA op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So that Raw made it painfully clear that Roman is still the guy, which makes it a real shame that they Luger'd him and killed any chance of him becoming the guy last night.

• Locked thread