Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

I hope Dom thinks he's safe and getting Chris out this week and doesn't play either immunity he has and he gets voted out with both of them in his pocket.

This would be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dom has two idols?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blue squares posted:

Dom has two idols?

he has an immunity idol and legacy advantage, legacy can be used at final 13 (this week's episode) and 6.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Unless you knew for sure you were the target I can't see why you'd use the legacy at 13, and even then in Dom's case, he could just use his idol instead.

An idol is more powerful than the legacy advantage, so there is that I guess.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Unless you knew for sure you were the target I can't see why you'd use the legacy at 13, and even then in Dom's case, he could just use his idol instead.

Legacy Advantage: usable at 13, 6
Immunity Idol: usable at 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5

hmmmmmm which should he use hmmmmmmm

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think Wendell is more of a decider than in danger at this point. He's a bit too perfect to win, but he's in a seriously safe position at the moment.

Yeah, he's in a great position right now, or seems to be. Seems well liked and influential enough to get stuff down but low enough on the target list that he can hide behind the bigger threats. Who knows how that will last? We've seen plenty of players overplay their hands from that position, get too cute, or expose themselves. But right now he seems like he's in a good spot.

Laurel and Donathan also seem like they're in a similar place.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, he's in a great position right now, or seems to be. Seems well liked and influential enough to get stuff down but low enough on the target list that he can hide behind the bigger threats. Who knows how that will last? We've seen plenty of players overplay their hands from that position, get too cute, or expose themselves. But right now he seems like he's in a good spot.

Laurel and Donathan also seem like they're in a similar place.

this is good news for the rest of the season. they are three of the ones i like! them plus michael would be a good final four for me

i'd be happy to see chelsea go, as well as chris and dom in mutual blazes of glory. libby's a bit of a wildcard; i can't tell if her manipulation skills have been overhyped or not, but everyone seems to treat her as this threat because she's.... hot i guess?

seabass i want to keep around because he seems to give vaguely anti-survivor talking heads and seems like a cool funny guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reading between the lines with Libby it seems like she must have REALLY sold Morgan and Domenick on the idea that she would work with them and burned people hard blindsiding Morgan. That might be a testament to her ability to manipulate people but she probably did it too early in the game and now she's got a bad rep. Its the big problem with the whole "I can lie and backstab people in these games." Sure, you can. But there's consequences and you don't want people to see you as a liar and backstabber. Libby did something that people seem to see her in that light.

Then again its possible that's mostly Domenick and his mouth and Morgan who is gone. So maybe she can survive if Domenick goes or doesn't have a ton of influence. But he seems generally well liked and trusted.

Sebastian seems like the typical guy who is gonna just get picked off eventually because he doesn't really have a head for the game. He obviously likes the island stuff and challenges and seems to get along well socially. But if he has game I haven't seen it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Then again its possible that's mostly Domenick and his mouth and Morgan who is gone. So maybe she can survive if Domenick goes or doesn't have a ton of influence. But he seems generally well liked and trusted.

dom's in a good position because he seems to radiate comradery with most of the people he works with. you get the impression from him that it's nothing personal, he's just in it to win it. the gift of making people feel okay that you are getting lied to is pretty crucial, i think it's what people mean when they say "social game". dom's brief interaction with laurel after the big morgan vote was telling. she knew he was full of poo poo, but would still rather play the game with him than someone else. i think it's potentially dom's biggest asset.

meanwhile chris' biggest asset is literally every muscle in his body. loving god drat dude is a terminator when it comes to challenges

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

People know he has a hidden idol, I think it’d be dumb not to use the advantage when hidden idols always make people targets for blindsides

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mentioned it at the start but I never confirmed it. I actually know Domenick a little bit. Friend of a friend. I drank and hung out with him a bit a decade+ ago. So I can just say that you should probably judge anything I say about the guy with a grain of salt and I'll admit that I liked him and found him to be a likable and personable guy.

But yeah. In terms of the game Domenick seems to be naturally walking that line where people kind of know he's playing the game and a little full of poo poo but also like him and are cool with it because he doesn't feel like he's manipulating them or being insincere. And I think having Chris so against him gave him a lot of leeway from his early nonsense with the idols since he was able to say "I felt like I had to do it to protect myself from Chris" and a lot of them seem to see Chris in the same light.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I mentioned it at the start but I never confirmed it. I actually know Domenick a little bit. Friend of a friend. I drank and hung out with him a bit a decade+ ago. So I can just say that you should probably judge anything I say about the guy with a grain of salt and I'll admit that I liked him and found him to be a likable and personable guy.

But yeah. In terms of the game Domenick seems to be naturally walking that line where people kind of know he's playing the game and a little full of poo poo but also like him and are cool with it because he doesn't feel like he's manipulating them or being insincere. And I think having Chris so against him gave him a lot of leeway from his early nonsense with the idols since he was able to say "I felt like I had to do it to protect myself from Chris" and a lot of them seem to see Chris in the same light.

I like Dom, I just think it would be funny if he got voted out with two "cursed" idols. Plus Chris is a little more entertaining on TV.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Seb reminds me of Cook Islands Ozzy. Not the monster that Ozzy turned into, but the likeable, personable guy who was great at challenges.

Being good at challenges and all, Seb has gone to tribal exactly twice so far. And if Bradley is to be believed, Seb was in good with him and his majority (including Wendell and Kellyn) in Naviti 1.0. My read is that he's in a great position, and what happens when knives come out remains to be seen. The edit hasn't exactly done him favors, if you're into that sort of thing, but I don't think you can count him out. He's at least getting enough airtime for us to like him.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 10, 2018

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Previously on.....

Survivor

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doing his dumb rapping and then lucking into a clue. What a bozo

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm glad the producers gave a clue to the idiot with the one sided grudge

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm glad the producers gave a clue to the idiot with the one sided grudge

They didn't, they had a clue in a random buff that Chris happened to pick up? Not like they had assigned seating.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It's tiring that at a 13 person merge the edit focuses only on 2 people I don't care about.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

It's tiring that at a 13 person merge the edit focuses only on 2 people I don't care about.

As long as one of them goes this week, then it'll be fine. I just don't want this to be something that drags on all season long.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is looking like a dumb idol/advantage rules lawyer Jeff tribal.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

This is looking like a dumb idol/advantage rules lawyer Jeff tribal.

i'm surprised and thankful that with all the stupid advantages this season it hasn't happened sooner, but yeah this has the potential to suck

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

This water trip is pretty bold

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe we can drop the 4 idol tribal?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

Libby: I feel safe

Next scene: We should vote out Libby!

Classic Survivor.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Everyone is going to play an idol except 1 person again

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Everyone is going to play an idol except 1 person again

SMELL YA LATER, SMELLYN

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

alf_pogs posted:

SMELL YA LATER, SMELLYN

Kellyn won the challenge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jesus, I didn't realize Chris hadn't gone to tribal yet.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:drat: Wendell!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I love Wendell

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Wendall with the best vote confessional

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao @ the Wendell vote.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wendell is the best.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wendell should win it all just for that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wendell has solidified himself as my sole favorite :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha that owned

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

Jesus, I didn't realize Chris hadn't gone to tribal yet.

First and only...

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jahahahahahhaha

With an idol in his pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm so happy