Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
A milk run, to be sure.

e: update on last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There's just something about that guy that makes me want to punch his dumb glasses, pull his cap down over his eyes, rip his beard off, beat him over the head and kick him into a garbage dump.

What do I need to roll for that? :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That Luca is the epitome of:smuggo: even more than Algernon.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Poil posted:

There's just something about that guy that makes me want to punch his dumb glasses, pull his cap down over his eyes, rip his beard off, beat him over the head and kick him into a garbage dump.

What do I need to roll for that? :v:

Thank god, i thought i was the only one. It is not even Luca's character in the story (SPOILERS!). Just that face.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Shadowy org leaves a shady anonymous message and has some shaded goon hand you a cryptic mission?

Yeah, this is definitely gonna be worth 1.5K

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Please, this guy offering us a pittance with none of it up front surely has our best interests in mind.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kanfy posted:

Also with that surname you can bet he's gotten enough 'I don't even know her' jokes to last a lifetime.
"ue" is actually pronounced as "ü", so his name sounds like this. :eng101: The funny thing here is that the word "dürr" means "arid" and also "scrawny" which our new friend Luca doesn't exactly look like.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

OutofSight posted:

Thank god, i thought i was the only one. It is not even Luca's character in the story (SPOILERS!). Just that face.

How fitting that our German game features someone who is the avatar of Backpfeifengesicht!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

frankenfreak posted:

"ue" is actually pronounced as "ü", so his name sounds like this. :eng101: The funny thing here is that the word "dürr" means "arid" and also "scrawny" which our new friend Luca doesn't exactly look like.

Look man if I have to take the original languages into consideration when making bad jokes, we're all doomed come Hong Kong.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I smell a backer portrait since it´d be one hell of a feat for an artist to come up with such a smuggo face coupled with that outfit.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
It's a video game, so of course we're doing all the "side-quest" material, but man, in the real game, you don't do these sorts of runs. As backstabby as Shadowrun is, usually you have to trust that your team isn't going to gently caress you over in some way/shape/form because you're already paranoid enough that your Fixer is going to do that.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

frankenfreak posted:

I thought the same thing at first, but considering that they managed to actually have proper Umlaute in the Turkish names, this is probably intentional and actually meant to be pronounced "do 'er."

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

There is no possible way someone is about to betray the gently caress out of us.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

RedMagus posted:

It's a video game, so of course we're doing all the "side-quest" material, but man, in the real game, you don't do these sorts of runs. As backstabby as Shadowrun is, usually you have to trust that your team isn't going to gently caress you over in some way/shape/form because you're already paranoid enough that your Fixer is going to do that.
Remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you. :eng101:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

he looks a goon

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

he looks a goon

A hipster goon, which obviously makes him incredibly trustworthy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I agree that he's almost certainly a backer portrait. He's one of the ones I vaguely mentioned earlier.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
This loving run. Ugh.

Like, yes, it's best done first, but maaaaaan without Decking 4 it's going to be a chore and a half.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

1. What you just wrote is kinda spoilery.
2. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was when I checked about this mission in a FAQ file.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RedMagus posted:

Well, that's why we've got a reliable Fixer.

Saves valuable worrying time and lets us focus on worrying about how the client and other runners are going to gently caress us over.

Seriously, this game lets you make an amazing enemies list.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you don't have at least 5 different corporations, some insane shamans and one dragon all out for your blood then you haven't made it yet.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

1. What you just wrote is kinda spoilery.
2. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was when I checked about this mission in a FAQ file.

I didn't think "I like having Decking 4 for this" in a run where we do not have Decking 4 could be considered anything of the sort. I am referring to things which assuredly will not happen, surely?

I bring it up because this was the thing that made me quit my mage run and roll up a hackergunner in the first place. It'll be nice to see someone mage through it competently.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If you don't keep two deep underground bunkers fully maintained at all times, are you truly a shadowrunner?

VVV There's no such thing as too much redundancy when you run in the shadows.

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 10, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

If you don't keep two deep underground bunkers fully maintained at all times, are you truly a shadowrunner?

I wonder, is it best practice to have a fortress clubhouse, or try and stay under the radar? Or both?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

If you don't have at least 5 different corporations, some insane shamans and one dragon all out for your blood then you haven't made it yet.

We're working on it; I mean the game just started and we've already got the dragon part covered. And Aztechnology is always out for your blood, regardless of who you are, so that's already one corp accounted for.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Three bunkers. The other ones are rigged to explode.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Soylent Pudding posted:

There is no possible way someone is about to betray the gently caress out of us.

Our post-Monika shadowrunning career is getting off to a rousing start here!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm sure Mr. Do Her will be far too busy phizposting to do any kind of betraying.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Cardiovorax posted:

Which, admittedly, doesn't really say as much as it could, because there's not exactly all that much in the way of intelligent competition for those other 70%. It's easy to be the unchallenged ruler of Mars if there's nobody else willing to go the distance to contest you for your dead rock.
The Sea Dragon has pretty significant competition in the form of Proteus AG and several sapient Awakened sea dwelling species (and the allegiance of several groups of sapient Awakened sea creatures). She's also possibly the richest of all the Greats due to wide access to sea floor mineral wealth. No one's really quite sure.

Quorum posted:

Magic is generated by a biosphere, it seems, and there's active research going on to see whether putting enough biomass in space (like on a station) would also generate a magical field. Going to space as a mage is traumatic. Going to space as anything explicitly dual natured is I think fatal.

Mages usually have themselves put under anesthesia. As of 5e, it's not research so much as established fact. There is a stable mana field on several space stations including Z-O, and another on Evo's Gagarin Base on Mars.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah, with all that money he has I bet they're a snack

You'd bet wrong! You can bet a lot of money that anyone working personally with Lofwyr on a day to day basis is going to be an extremely rare talent whose insanely good at what they do and thus insanely expensive. The lizard that hyper-values efficiency and intelligence isn't going to go around eating his personal staff for no reason.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Kanfy how do you feel about people spoiling 5e plot stuff in the thread (bit late for that I know)?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dürr? I don't even knürr!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Thread policy is lore stuff that occurs after the game is zippered so that people dont for instance talk about this games equivalence of bug cults and spoil the big twist at the end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We had that whole Banana Jackson gag too.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Quorum posted:

Magic is generated by a biosphere, it seems, and there's active research going on to see whether putting enough biomass in space (like on a station) would also generate a magical field. Going to space as a mage is traumatic. Going to space as anything explicitly dual natured is I think fatal.

IIRC mages are fine as long as they make no attempt to use any kind of magic whatsoever. Otherwise...
Explosive decompression of the soul

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Makes me wonder if some big captain of industry escaped into space once dragons started buying corporations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Makes me wonder if some big captain of industry escaped into space once dragons started buying corporations.

The former CEO of BMW lived out her remaining life in exile on Zurich-Orbital after Lowfyr bought out her remaining shares to form Saeder-Krupp, if that counts.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The former owner of Saeder-Krupp did. Not entirely willingly, though.

After Lofwyr took over, she tried to have him killed, which needless to say didn't work out. He thought she had gumption for trying something like that, though, so he let her go with a warning not to try it again. She then moved to Zurich-Orbital and spent the rest of her days there.

e:f;b

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GhostStalker posted:

The former CEO of BMW lived out her remaining life in exile on Zurich-Orbital after Lowfyr bought out her remaining shares to form Saeder-Krupp, if that counts.

I wonder why Lowfyr even needed to buy her out. The CEO of BMW is unlikely to be a major shareholder in the scheme of things.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder why Lowfyr even needed to buy her out. The CEO of BMW is unlikely to be a major shareholder in the scheme of things.

Because BMW was snowballing like crazy under Wilhelmina Graff-Benoit (and her late husband's) leadership, and under her was one of the original founders of the Corporate Court. And Lowfyr wanted that seat.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

paragon1 posted:

Kanfy how do you feel about people spoiling 5e plot stuff in the thread (bit late for that I know)?

As long as you know for a fact that it's completely unrelated to either Dragonfall or Hong Kong then I've technically no issue with it, but you have to be absolutely certain with clear memory of every plot point and ending of both games. As FoolyCharged says, there are absolutely insect spirit equivalents in these games which are 100% considered spoilers despite being "common knowledge" to anyone who knows their Shadowrun, and which may not even necessarily come up in the story until the literal ending texts.

Overall I prefer erring on the side of caution because it can be hard to always remember what's relevant and what isn't and if someone does start slipping up, it's real hard to say "hey let's avoid this particular topic" because that just confirms it as a spoiler.