Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That looked an awful lot like Sky Pirates in that trailer. Are the rumours true? Are we getting Don Carnage this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

nine-gear crow posted:

That looked an awful lot like Sky Pirates in that trailer. Are the rumours true? Are we getting Don Carnage this year?

Oh I would love that.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I realllly hope they double down on integrating the Disney Afternoon into this show

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
They would need more original content for that, does Disney have enough cartoons for a Disney Afternoon?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HIJK posted:

They would need more original content for that, does Disney have enough cartoons for a Disney Afternoon?

People have speculated that DuckTales is going to be the Iron Man to a potential Disney Afternoon revival's MCU with the likes of TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck reboots spinning off from it, but as of now it's just speculation.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Talespin was Extremely My Jam when I was a kid so I certainly hope so

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
What happened to unlock the trailer?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Let me get this straight, after a four months and an half hiatus we're getting 31 episodes in a row once per day?
:psyduck:
Who the hell set this schedule, an army of monkeys on typewriters?

Am I interpreting that tweet correctly? Am I missing something? Technically they did not promise new episodes but I don't think it matches the spirit of this announcement.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Omobono posted:

Let me get this straight, after a four months and an half hiatus we're getting 31 episodes in a row once per day?
:psyduck:
Who the hell set this schedule, an army of monkeys on typewriters?

Am I interpreting that tweet correctly? Am I missing something? Technically they did not promise new episodes but I don't think it matches the spirit of this announcement.

It doesn't say there will be NEW episodes every day in may, just episodes.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Based on the trailer it looks like many of the episodes will be "new to Disney Channel." Keep in mind the show ran on Disney XD previously.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
That's what Frank Argones says:

https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status/983925293864726528

Edit: Wonder if they'll end up airing them in the intended production order or the original Disney XD air order.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Or some new order that makes less sense in new and excitingly confusing ways!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IRQ posted:

Or some new order that makes less sense in new and excitingly confusing ways!

Hell yes!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

This is weird. I assume they're gonna do the whole rest of the season too, like they did with Star last year in February. But that still doesn't add up since the season is like, 20 or something episodes total, so I guess they're just gonna do a bunch of reruns while they're at it and the new ones will be aired on some sort of completely random schedule in the mess because this is Disney.

Also Disney XD seems to be on track to shutting down so it's not that much of a surprise Ducktales is hopping over too. Hopefully Disney Channel's S&P are as loose as XD's have been recently, though. It'd suck to go back to some of the stupidity they used to do.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ruflux posted:

Hopefully Disney Channel's S&P are as loose as XD's have been recently, though. It'd suck to go back to some of the stupidity they used to do.

This is actually a good point; didn't Gravity Falls only get away with a lot of their stuff because they were on XD?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, he came back! I hope this means Ghost Duckworth will be a recurring member of the cast going forward.

Isn't he in the intro, in his other form? Or am I mixing those up?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

This is actually a good point; didn't Gravity Falls only get away with a lot of their stuff because they were on XD?

Didn't Gravity Falls air on Disney Channel? I figgure if it's fine there.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ConanThe3rd posted:

Didn't Gravity Falls air on Disney Channel? I figgure if it's fine there.

season 1 was Disney Channel, season 2 was XD; I don't know if the crew actually mentioned if the switch actually made a difference

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

season 1 was Disney Channel, season 2 was XD; I don't know if the crew actually mentioned if the switch actually made a difference

Aye? Huh.

Yeah, now I mind it Season 2 had a lot more hosed up poo poo in it (Bill bringing a screaming decapitated head into existance only to dismanetle it by its layers, that poo poo).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConanThe3rd posted:

Aye? Huh.

Yeah, now I mind it Season 2 had a lot more hosed up poo poo in it (Bill bringing a screaming decapitated head into existance only to dismanetle it by its layers, that poo poo).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSmvyRxxFl0

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ConanThe3rd posted:

Aye? Huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7yFMVS8Smc

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Like I said. hosed up poo poo.

Not that I mind much of DuckTales being anywhere near that off base; a plot to murder an annoying nerd via lava being the furthest it went.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
https://twitter.com/ducktales/status/984830580918505477?s=21

May 11th for Gizmoduck.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I like how we now know when a new episode is coming out, but not the first new episode :v:

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
if this is a reboot of disney channel to get essentially an expanded disney ducktales universe with possibly an expanded marvel animated universe (complete with return of the x-men), I will tip my hat to them.

however, their lack of communications does not bode well.

As for the possiblity of a huge 2nd season wasn't there something similar that happened with disney gargoyles where they ran a very short first season and then did a 2nd season that lasted for a year and a half?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

shades of eternity posted:

if this is a reboot of disney channel to get essentially an expanded disney ducktales universe with possibly an expanded marvel animated universe (complete with return of the x-men), I will tip my hat to them.

however, their lack of communications does not bode well.

As for the possiblity of a huge 2nd season wasn't there something similar that happened with disney gargoyles where they ran a very short first season and then did a 2nd season that lasted for a year and a half?

Yeah, season 1 was 13 episodes. Season 2 was a whopping 52 episodes. There was no season 3 and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fun fact you probably already know: The hosts of MBMBAM accidentally leaked this information months ago by randomly guessing it (Lin Manuel then confirmed it when he called them to ask who had told them about it, the answer of course being no one because they were just joking around and had no idea it was actually true).

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Fun fact you probably already know: The hosts of MBMBAM accidentally leaked this information months ago by randomly guessing it (Lin Manuel then confirmed it when he called them to ask who had told them about it, the answer of course being no one because they were just joking around and had no idea it was actually true).

Lin Manuel-Miranda was announced in May 2017 in official channels (it's in the OP of this thread!) but I don't know what episode of MBMBaM that would have been on and what time frame it would have lined up with. That tweet's more about the fact that it's the first brand new episode that we know about in the upcoming Disney Channel relaunch.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

counterfeitsaint posted:

There was no season 3 and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
At least it was better than Highlander 2. :v:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Apparently a likely cause for the big hiatus was that Disney appears to be changing it's focus on both the main Disney Channel and Disney XD, making the latter be more like Toon Disney (heck they're even gonna start rerunning Filmore today) while bringing all the current cartoons back to the former.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

kefkafloyd posted:

Lin Manuel-Miranda was announced in May 2017 in official channels (it's in the OP of this thread!) but I don't know what episode of MBMBaM that would have been on and what time frame it would have lined up with. That tweet's more about the fact that it's the first brand new episode that we know about in the upcoming Disney Channel relaunch.

It was in December 2016.

http://mbmbam.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_334:_BYOBurger

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Thanks, I'll go listen to that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Apparently a likely cause for the big hiatus was that Disney appears to be changing it's focus on both the main Disney Channel and Disney XD, making the latter be more like Toon Disney (heck they're even gonna start rerunning Filmore today) while bringing all the current cartoons back to the former.

gently caress yeah, Filmore rules

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sockser posted:

gently caress yeah, Filmore rules

The fact that it took itself 100% seriously just made it better.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MonsterEnvy posted:

The fact that it took itself 100% seriously just made it better.

Well enough that KND then borrowed the "Hall Monitors as Cops" conceit for a couple of episodes

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

drrockso20 posted:

Well enough that KND then borrowed the "Hall Monitors as Cops" conceit for a couple of episodes

I dunno if they could be said to have borrowed the idea from Fillmore, I mean, the idea of hall monitors acting like cops was in other shows before Fillmore was a thing. The Simpsons, Hey Arnold, Spongebob, etc. Fillmore just took it to its logical extreme and did it better than anyone else.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I like that they went all the way with every metaphor required. The equivalent of Hannibal Lecter was a serial vandal.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
...that looks fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just saw the trailer. It's real.