Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

Rigel posted:

:siren: The UFC has signed a new TV Deal with ESPN and NBC :siren:

# of PPV's per year will be reduced to 6. More details coming out now.

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Rigel posted:

edit: The UFC will create a 165 pound division.

Well this is huge news.

e: source?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

damnnnnn

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
whats the source?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Wow. A new division is exciting. Still a bit jump from 185lbs to 205lbs

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
terezowens.com reporting

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The tweet I saw (and didn't save) described a raw/smackdown kind of deal, in which fighters get associated with one network or the other and only cross over that line for PPVs.

It also had some vague thing about fightpass losing the fightpass fights and DWTNCS completely replacing TUF, which is now dead.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i can't find anything online about this using the premiere search engine "google". perhaps i will have more luck with "bing"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

The tweet I saw (and didn't save) described a raw/smackdown kind of deal, in which fighters get associated with one network or the other and only cross over that line for PPVs.

that sounds retarded

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Skip My Posts posted:

whats the source?

Ugh. Apparently the source is Terez Owens, so I guess we need to wait for confirmation. I saw Okamoto retweeting it and thought that meant it was solid, but apparently the original source is only solid enough for real media to take note and basically go "whoa, huge if true".

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

here's the weird as heck source

http://terezowens.com/breaking-espn-and-nbc-to-split-expanded-ufc-tv-package/

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Other things of note in the report (assuming Dana denies it) are UFC is getting 320 million/year total, network-exclusive fighters outside of PPV, and ESPN/NBC's streaming services getting the fightpass prelims.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Terez Owens of Terez Owens com is reporting that all the main ufc guys will be getting their own shows where guys fight for the right to face them in the finale each season.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like bullshit

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

Terez Owens of Terez Owens com is reporting that all the main ufc guys will be getting their own shows where guys fight for the right to face them in the finale each season.

lol

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The report also says that the UFC would create W105, which.... why? I can see it down the road maybe when the women's talent pool is further along we can bring on the atomweights... oh we need more championship fights and more money. OK, carry on.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
wow can't believe brock lesnar is not only coming back but he's bringing summerslam with him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this deal sounds great, but is there a way we could handicap our ability to matchmake and give up control of our roster to two competing networks

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
predicting a huge fight between the mens 165 pound champ and the mens 170 pound champ, gonna be a real showdown

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Rigel posted:

Rigel posted:

Ugh. Apparently the source is Terez Owens, so I guess we need to wait for confirmation. I saw Okamoto retweeting it and thought that meant it was solid, but apparently the original source is only solid enough for real media to take note and basically go "whoa, huge if true".

Rigel posted:

The report also says that the UFC would create W105, which.... why? I can see it down the road maybe when the women's talent pool is further along we can bring on the atomweights... oh we need more championship fights and more money. OK, carry on.

Skip My Posts posted:

sounds like bullshit

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's unavailable? get me perez hilton's non union mexican equivalent

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Allow me to ask the hard hitting question here: who in the gently caress is Terez Owens?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The UFC should make a division where they can only punch each other and they fight in a ring instead of a cage, they could do like 12 rounds for three minutes instead.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Terez Owens pulls off his Michael Myers mask to reveal that he was Front Roe Brian the whole time

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Matt Lindland posted:

Front Roe Brian

I like this spelling of it so you know everything he says is fishy

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Matt Lindland posted:

Terez Owens pulls off his Michael Myers mask to reveal that he was Front Roe Brian the whole time

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Excellent scoop from Terrell Owens. This is why he's one of the best in MMA reporting.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I doubt Terrance Owens has the patience to stand outside a police station for 4 hours, but he has already proven he has the chops to be the #1 mma journalist

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Terez Owens now reporting that the UFC is coming to my birthday and they're bringing an ice cream cake! :)

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
A friend of mine met Mickey Gall over the weekend. He said he went to give him a fist bump and Gall went "gently caress that. give me a hug"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it would be sick of they actually did do less frequent higher quality ppvs which is why this is fake

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I can't see them doing it because having events fall through like 223 did is going to be ever more punishing if they're one of 6 PPV events for the year.

Also Mighty Mouse would be super hosed

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Turns out that the source on this is a known shitposter on The Underground, and it was just copied-and-pasted from there. MMALOGIC? Something?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
no way...
it's all so believable.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Turns out that the source on this is a known shitposter on The Underground, and it was just copied-and-pasted from there. MMALOGIC? Something?

lol sweet, more web sites should just editorialise posts from mma threads on stormfront

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

If someone can tell me how to holler into this computer enough that a website happens - I'll promise I can bring fake news headlines in line with the PSP belief system.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

If someone can tell me how to holler into this computer enough that a website happens - I'll promise I can bring fake news headlines in line with the PSP belief system.

Just use twitter. Make an account that's @CaptainLogMMA, put "MMA BREAKING NEWS" into your description, and follow a bunch of people like Helwani. Retweet and start spreading headlines around. That's all there is to it. You don't even need the story, because people don't read the story anyway.

If you want another layer of effort, use MS paint to make fake headline "screenshots."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it would be sick of they actually did do less frequent higher quality ppvs which is why this is fake

A world where UFC PPVs don't have fighters without Wikipedia pages in the main card is far too much to wish for.

• Locked thread