Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so are there two royal rumbles now? booo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
You people out there don't deserve Rusev Day! *fans cheer*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a.lo posted:

so are there two royal rumbles now? booo

And a third one at the end of the month.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Do we all count down from 10 in Arabic or is sticking with English still fine

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/984122489818107904

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can they all come down the ramp in expensive sports cars doing stunts only wealthy Sheikhs do because they have money and are bored with life?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

And a third one at the end of the month.

:wow:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CubsWoo posted:

Do we all count down from 10 in Arabic or is sticking with English still fine
lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh well,

Rusev will win it this time

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a.lo posted:

Oh well,

Rusev will win it this time

Noted.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What is it going to take for them to finally give Rusev the ball? He's great in the ring, great on the mic, charismatic as hell, fans won't stop chanting for him, and he's got the number one selling shirt in the company. For gently caress sake, Jinder has had more title reigns than him this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

What is it going to take for them to finally give Rusev the ball? He's great in the ring, great on the mic, charismatic as hell, fans won't stop chanting for him, and he's got the number one selling shirt in the company. For gently caress sake, Jinder has had more title reigns than him this year.

They are never going to.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MassRafTer posted:

They are never going to.

Yeah, I know....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I think we're suppose to hate

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i think that rusev is... bad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They really do hold a grudge against Rusev and Lana for ruining that one storyline by breaking kayfabe and announcing their engagement

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol at the whole Saudi thing but I get a pretty cool looking card on a Friday afternoon so gently caress yea

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

piss tape israel posted:

They really do hold a grudge against Rusev and Lana for ruining that one storyline by announcing their engagement

She honestly did everyone a favor.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JT Smiley posted:

She honestly did everyone a favor.
Everyone but the halfwits running WWE!

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Rusev will get over whatever dumb poo poo they throw at him, he's pretty consistently done that for his entire career. If they weren't completely blind and also stubborn and vindictive he'd be top guy right now and it's going to rule when he finally leaves WWE and takes over NJPW.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Baby Babbeh posted:

Rusev will get over whatever dumb poo poo they throw at him, he's pretty consistently done that for his entire career. If they weren't completely blind and also stubborn and vindictive he'd be top guy right now and it's going to rule when he finally leaves WWE and takes over NJPW.

I swear I saw this post three years ago but the name was Damien Sandow.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

projecthalaxy posted:

i think that rusev is... bad

Mods?!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol at the nerds getting into a big ol' fight in his mentions.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I swear I saw this post three years ago but the name was Damien Sandow.

lmao. rusev is insanely better than sandow in every way

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Remember right before Sandow got released he dropped all his gimmicks and got "serious" and wore plain black trunks? He wasn't able to get that poo poo over.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I love how we went from Women's (R?)evolution to THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE (no girls allowed) in loving Saudi Arabia. This is some serious tonal whiplash.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just surprised they wouldn't let them all wrestle in burqas or something of the sort

Cage Kicker fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 11, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Svensken posted:

I love how we went from Women's (R?)evolution to THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE (no girls allowed) in loving Saudi Arabia. This is some serious tonal whiplash.

They went from their semi annual honoring of The Ultimate Warrior to buy Finn's new rainbow gear in 3 days.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Retromancer posted:

Remember right before Sandow got released he dropped all his gimmicks and got "serious" and wore plain black trunks? He wasn't able to get that poo poo over.

He did that for exactly one night and gave a promo about being his own man and then went right back to impersonating poo poo with Axel

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Finn might wanna leave the rainbow gear stateside when it's time for the rumble.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rainbows are cool looking.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
As a queer person who recently worked for Saudi royalty, I can confirm that they are dreadful, dreadful people. But they are also people who are capable of writing cheques so large you will stop caring.

What can I say

Everybody's got a price

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

rainbows are cool looking.

They're amazing.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

They went from their semi annual honoring of The Ultimate Warrior to buy Finn's new rainbow gear in 3 days.

Queering made the World (Wrestling Entertainment) work after all.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Finn leans into this. Shows up in a new shirt that says Balor Club is for Only The House of Saud that is valued at 30,000 dollars

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The winner of the oil Rumble should get the million dollar belt

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Holy hell. Lawler had a stroke a few weeks ago

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/jerry-lawler-suffered-stroke-prior-wrestlemania-weekend-255571?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

Lol at WWE running a spectacular mega show and not allowing the women to compete. I understand the cultural dissonance, but that seems pretty hosed up.

Yeah, it is pretty funny after two years or so of the “Women’s Revolution” and all that being severely undercut by this, especially with what a big deal the Rumble is. Also the fact that Saudi Arabia is currently terrorizing Yemen and the new Prince is being paraded around America by guys like the Rock as a “reformer” when that fucker is the war criminal responsible for the atrocities in Yemen, and we’re about to start another war in the Middle East. It’s really quite empty feeling.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Meh, he's had worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, it is pretty funny after two years or so of the “Women’s Revolution” and all that being severely undercut by this, especially with what a big deal the Rumble is. Also the fact that Saudi Arabia is currently terrorizing Yemen and the new Prince is being paraded around America by guys like the Rock as a “reformer” when that fucker is the war criminal responsible for the atrocities in Yemen, and we’re about to start another war in the Middle East. It’s really quite empty feeling.

Might be the only place where the McMahons would get face reactions for their "you work for us, we own you wrestlers and you would be broke without us" rants.

• Locked thread