Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction to Mania?
This poll is closed.
Brilliant! Vince has still got it! 24 8.48%
A disaster! Vince has lost it! 11 3.89%
Eh. 85 30.04%
When does Uncle Paul take over? 92 32.51%
....what's wrong with Ol' Yeller? :ohdear: 71 25.09%
Total: 283 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Asuka was never particularly dominant in her matches unless she was going up against total jobbers (which I guess you could argue Emma was at the time, but Emma's also really good, so whatever). She spent plenty of time wrestling from under in NXT, it's just that she was literally impossible to keep down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Asuka was never particularly dominant in her matches unless she was going up against total jobbers (which I guess you could argue Emma was at the time, but Emma's also really good, so whatever). She spent plenty of time wrestling from under in NXT, it's just that she was literally impossible to keep down.

Ah fair enough.

I did prefer Asuka finding ways to more exponentially quickly squash Dana, though.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm actually pretty excited for what Roman and Joe do next, those two have some pretty solid chemistry and I loved that period when the main event scene was just Joe Braun and Roman while Brock was on vacation.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

tweet my meat posted:

I loved that period when the main event scene was just Joe Braun and Roman while Brock was on vacation.

Joe wasn't part of the main roster during Mania 32 tho.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

TLC's fuckin' car crash of a main event was just great stuff.

never forget the "that was murder *clap clap clapclapclap*" chant

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It was a few weeks on RAW if I remember right.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

I ordered a Rusev Day Calendar a couple months back. I suddenly got a refund from WWE with no explanation. I wrote them and they told me that my Order was canceled because they aren’t going to fulfill them.

So good to see that WWE had a product for a wrestler sell out and they decided “nah, gently caress it, refund them.”

The kicker of course is they refunded me half of what I paid.

I have two :grin: One in my office and one in my bedroom

HAPPY RUSEV DAY

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope Brock retains and then Roman enters the rumble and wins.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can't believe Roman only heard about his match when rovert tweeted it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave on the Brock/Reigns/title situation:

At most 5 to 10 people knew about the Mania ending
Reigns found out he was losing when he got in the building day of; original ending was basically the same spot (Reigns goes off the ropes for a final spear but gets picked up and F5'd), only he'd have countered the F5 and gotten the final spear for the win
Brock throwing the belt backstage was to work talent and crew (Dave hated this, outright saying it's from the late-WCW playbook)
Creative and Reigns both had the mindset there was nothing they could have done to get him cheered at Mania; Saudi Arabia may be his best bet at winning the belt and getting cheered, or at least booed much less

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Brock throwing the belt backstage was to work talent and crew (Dave hated this, outright saying it's from the late-WCW playbook)

lol

did Dave admit he was worked himself

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
If you have to fly across the globe to get your top guy cheered maybe he shouldn't be your top guy. Hell, at this point why does it even matter what his reaction is if they're that dead set on making him the guy?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Again with this "work the boys" poo poo when Brock is involved. What the gently caress, dude.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dave also said they're considering possibly switching to having Braun take it off Brock instead, but that Roman is still frontrunner by a lot.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/984516892919517190

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

Creative and Reigns both had the mindset there was nothing they could have done to get him cheered at Mania; Saudi Arabia may be his best bet at winning the belt and getting cheered, or at least booed much less
lol even Reigns is resigned to the fact that he will never get cheered as long as they insist on pushing him down our throats

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

get hosed rusev

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

...poor Russev

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Taker dumptrucking Y2J is probably a better outcome than Rusev getting buried until, yeah, he's already buried anyway :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat, they thought he didn't even need to be in a casket for the audience to get the message

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

good

don't bury good boy rusev

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If they wanted it to look like a double cross why wouldn't they have Brock choke Roman out or put a kimura on him until he "passes out." That way people might go "DID HE JUST SHOOT ON HIM?" instead of whatever the hell this is.

I say passes out because Vince would never just have Roman tap out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo, Rusev is getting his loving release, I am legitimately hyped right now.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Reigns found out he was losing when he got in the building day of; original ending was basically the same spot (Reigns goes off the ropes for a final spear but gets picked up and F5'd), only he'd have countered the F5 and gotten the final spear for the win

So the ending to the Elimination Chamber. Rad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

According to the article, Lana pulled Rusev out of the match because the fans couldn't bear to see Rusev in such peril on Rusev Day

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

If they wanted it to look like a double cross why wouldn't they have Brock choke Roman out or put a kimura on him until he "passes out." That way people might go "DID HE JUST SHOOT ON HIM?" instead of whatever the hell this is.

I say passes out because Vince would never just have Roman tap out.

Dave mentioned they specifically wanted to avoid making it look like a shoot to anyone in the back so they made sure to finish it with the F5 since it's kayfabe as hell.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

According to the article, Lana pulled Rusev out of the match because the fans couldn't bear to see Rusev in such peril on Rusev Day

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/984506149616533504

Now that's a manager for you!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Dave mentioned they specifically wanted to avoid making it look like a shoot to anyone in the back so they made sure to finish it with the F5 since it's kayfabe as hell.

So they want to work the boys but they're also not even committing to it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Can't wait for Rusev to be unable to use the Rusev Day gimmick on the indies because of WWE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's always Machka Week in the Impact zone.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

So they wanted them to know it was a work but wanted to work the boys to react like it was a shoot.

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

That is by far the most WWE thinking possible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

It's always Machka Week in the Impact zone.

What are Big Bart and Catherine Joy doing in the Global Force Location?!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just lmao that vince is going to probably fire the 3rd most over person on the main roster for no loving reason

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just lmao that vince is going to probably fire the 3rd most over person on the main roster for no loving reason

I assume he asked for his release.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Aphrodite posted:

big dave doesn't even know about the shoot F5s, what a fraud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I assume he asked for his release.

He did before Mania, it's why he even was in the US title match to begin with supposedly

It was literally either lose there or lose in the Andre battle royal. He was never winning at Mania

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

JT Smiley posted:

If you have to fly across the globe to get your top guy cheered maybe he shouldn't be your top guy. Hell, at this point why does it even matter what his reaction is if they're that dead set on making him the guy?

Seriously, just montypythongetonwithit.gif at this point if you aren’t gonna change your mind and put it on Braun or Balor at whatever.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

He did before Mania, it's why he even was in the US title match to begin with supposedly

Wasn't that a rumor the guy reporting it didn't have a ton of confidence in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i hope rusev can escape this hell world and celebrate miroslav day in japan

• Locked thread