Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

am i a neocon if i wouldnt cry a tear if someone dropped a cruise missile on the head of a person ordering chemical weapons use on people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

LinYutang posted:

Even if that were the case, it's not weirder than "leftists" supporting the fascists against communist guerrillas

the tankies who actually think assad is Good are insane and stupid freaks. almost as insane and stupid as the people who support american intervention

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dairy Days posted:

am i a neocon if i wouldnt cry a tear if someone dropped a cruise missile on the head of a person ordering chemical weapons use on people

supporting a cruise missile dropping on the white house would not make you a neocon, no

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

resar posted:

How is Assad fascist?

he's a tyrannical, murderous oval office

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The SAA and YPG aren't really even fighting each other, so that framing doesn't make any sense. If we did a regime change in Syria it wouldn't be on behalf of Rojava.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

assad is just run of the mill nationalist authoritarian, but he has the support of the actual fascists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBYUK-X3sTc

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

resar posted:

How is Assad fascist?

having an army that isn't allied to israel makes you a fascist

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dairy Days posted:

i still do not understand why someone can't just assassinate The Lion Assad and then we all hope it helps somehow

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Baattheism is fascism

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Dairy Days posted:

Only if you support doing it to every American president since Roosevelt, sure.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

lollontee posted:

he's a tyrannical, murderous oval office

By that standard Israel and America are fascist states.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

resar posted:

They are.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

resar posted:

:thunk:

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Why aren't you cheerleading for Trump and Bibi's assassinations by the international community?

The_Politics_Man has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Apr 15, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

resar posted:

Why aren't you cheerleading Trump and Bibi's assassinations by the international community?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

resar posted:

Why aren't you cheerleading Trump and Bibi's assassinations by the international community?

:ninja:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnSh3QlpbQ

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

i like how everyone assumed i'd be playing favorites

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

resar posted:

Why aren't you cheerleading for Trump and Bibi's assassinations by the international community?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

LinYutang posted:

Putin carpet bombing a Middle Eastern country to "fight terror" is extremely good, because

because the legitimate government of said country requested it, you loving shithead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

because the legitimate government of said country requested it, you loving shithead

what kind of leftist cares about legitimate governments

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

:eyepop:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm against the intervention in Yemen.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
didnt the SAA deploy troops to kurdish held areas if for no other reason than it makes you look like a giant cuck when turkey invades your country and the only people even nominally standing in the way are marxist-feminist irregulars

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

GalacticAcid posted:

thats why I'm pro vietnam war

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Michael Bayleaf posted:

thats why I'm pro vietnam war

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

GalacticAcid posted:

The legitimate government of Colombia request that the CIA torture its left-wing prisoners

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
*very leftistly* Diem’s US-backed regime was legitimate

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

im curious why one authoritarian nationalist dictator is more legitimate than another authoritarian nationalist dictator

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WlnSaIwfEg

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

No, I said Colombia, where the right-wing government was as legitimate as Bashar's

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im curious why one authoritarian nationalist dictator is more legitimate than another authoritarian nationalist dictator

because one had US backing
which is why the confederate government is the legitimate government of the united states

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hmm...what could the difference be between US-backed and non US-backed regimes...what makes one good and one bad?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you see assad is more legitimate because it was his daddy who did the coup

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

hmm...what could the difference be between US-backed and non US-backed regimes...what makes one good and one bad?

so whether a government is legitimate or not is purely based on its relationship with the united states.

does this mean when assad was hosting CIA black sites to torture some folks, did the government become less legitimate but regained it later on

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

Well then it has nothing to do with legitimacy at all. That's just a convenient line you don't really believe in. What you really believe is that everyone who supports the US is bad and everyone who opposes it is good, because you have a naive and Manichean view of the world.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
not as naive as supporting NATO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah dude, you got me. Classic NATO supporter.