Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:5/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 00 / LUXE: 00 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL]

"Ah, everything so close-packed, hard to find a way through. Isn't nature grand? Reminds me of the Hungry Crater up on Mars, where the terraforming plants got a bit too frisky." Midge addressed a nearby camera drone. He levelled his signature shotgun at the plants impeding the way he wanted to go,

"Now, back in the day, prims would have to cut away with simple knives to get through. Nowadays? Thanks to companies like Pertinax, We can do this."

Shoot the undergrowth with the scoped Junker's Delight: 1d12 6

Wishlist:Much obliged, Pertinax AmmoFab. Reckon I'm okay for now, maybe some experimental armor in a bit, but happy to just get started down here and see what I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 5/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ClusterDet Rounds on Stinger / 0 luxe ]

Cute! Scramble would have to eat one and preserve its genes. After the feeding frenzy subsides of course. Releasing waves of phermones, Scramble lets out a psychic keening upon the beasties' susceptible senses. They will lose all sense of self perception. The wriggling and twitching of their own bodies will seem alien and threatening. Limbs will be strange parasites to be removed at all costs, a beating heart some burrowing creature to be excised.

Phermones!: 4#1d10 7 7 1 4

Hmm, one seems to be outside of the immediate range of the effect. Scramble brings up the Stinger and sends a few harpoons in its general direction to discourage any bravery.

Free Suppression on the uneffected one.
Vile Emesis triggers.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

[THURL ROOKSFIELD / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / 0 LUXE / CYBER: HEAVY ARMS /MUTATIONS: NONE]

There was a time in my demented youth
When somehow I suspected that the truth
About survival after death was known
To every human being: I alone
Knew nothing, and a great conspiracy
Of books and people hid the truth from me.

No Encounter

Wishlist: Weapon Mod Kits, Armor Mod Kit, QED

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="483141004"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 23/23 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

"Hey there, guy. Nice bird you've got there! Gotta say, I'm really impressed by your dedication to research--smart move to be hanging out with the escape pods like that. Oh, and, uh, speaking of the pods, there's no easy way to say this, but you might want to set up camp inside of one of them. No need to launch immediately or anything, but I've got a feeling that things are about to get kind of hazardous around here in just a minute, and it'd be a real shame if anything happened to you guys. I'll drop you a sketch of anything I see!"

As Stev spoke, he swung open the hatch to one of the escape pods--surprisingly heavy, that--and climbed inside, shutting it behind him and buckling himself into the pod's seat.

"Now, I know what this looks like" he said to the camera drone wedged inside with him. "But I promise there's a good reason for this! Now, if you'll just get out of the way..."

He raised his hands in front of him, pointed at the front of the pod--and the station's airlock. There was a buzzing sound as the Bloodhawk Beam charged, turning to a loud roar as it fired, melting through the metal walls and blasting out into the void.

"Let's hope this goes alright, yeah?"

Action: Bore a hole through one of the escape pods to get outside. Hopefully in such a way that I don't depressurize this chunk of the station, but hey, you work with what you've got.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Shine on you shiny bastard :allears:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

[ZINORE / HP6 / MOVE1 / LUXE0 / COMPOUND EYES / UNSTABLE ANATOMY / GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS]

His walk was halted by ever-thickening growth of creepers and vines beyond his knowledge. While they did not seem overtly hostile, they proved to be an annoying impediment to his over-large frame. He forced his way through for a while, his shifting anatomy enough to squeeze him through a few tight spots, but he quickly grew annoyed. He lashed out with his bare fists, nodules of bone and chitin appearing at the surface of his skin.
Improvise!: 1d6 3 - Toxic Barrels
He struck a pressurized vessel, soaking the area with toxic gases. Unlike his predecessor, however, Rook had ensured he had the means to easily survive in such environments. He watched the plants wither against the caustic mist, straining lightly against the weakening pressure of their coils.

Thanks for the Syrinxs! Keep em' coming!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Skipp Wiley Jr., Newtype Wrecker
HP: 5/5 -> 4/5 Move: 5 Luxe: 000 Fuel: 00
Mutations: Compound Eyes (Cannot be Ambushed) // Patagia (+2 Move)
Inventory: CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Medikit (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full -> Empty)

Gliding on the minimal aerial currents and leaping from tree to tree, Skipp Wiley Jr. hadn't been coasting through the air for very long when he saw something that snagged the attention of his Compound Eyes: the glint of shiny metals and high-density plastics in some kind of haphazard structure. Score!

When Skipp moved in to investigate, he was set upon by the locals. Droppers. They dropped from the trees, the fearsome beasts! Thankfully, with his Compound Eyes Skipp had spotted them all just at the right moment, leaping away in the nick of time and avoiding their Ambush.

Skipp clambered up and perched at the very top of the metallic structure that had drawn him here in the first place: of a tower of cars and machinery, precariously balanced. From up here, he could fire his pellet slingshot at them with impunity, if only he could tap into his Neo-Soldat training...

He activated his portable defenses and let the gigantic tardigrade monsters draw in closer, before finally pushing off at the right moment.

Encounter: Skipp Wiley Jr. spends 1HP to mimic the Neo-Soldat talent! Skipp activates his Deployable Cover (+1DR, +Cover)! Skipp Suppresses! Skipp Improvises!

Improvise Against the Dropper Lair's Inhabitants: 1d6 1

Car Tower VS The Dropper Lair's Inhabitant's (DT/HD/DS/D/D): 5#1d6 [4, 3, 6, 2, 2] - 2 hits!

Wishlist: Okay, so - Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus - I guess I've got to be thankful, even though you got me an "off-brand" Rig-Ripper, so... uh, thanks! I mean, the Optiscope will deffo come in handy, nat'rally. Keep up the stellar work, bro! Your devoted Wrecker, Skipp

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Bobby-Jack releases mind-altering pheremones! Horror Spawn are crazed!
They hurt themselves in their confusion!
Spawn 1 takes 1 damage and dies!
Spawn 2 takes 1 damage and dies!
Spawn 3 takes 1 damage and dies!
Spawn 4 takes 1 damage and dies!

Bobby-Jack is awarded 4 Luxe for beast bounty!

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
Skipp sacrifices 1 HP to mimic Neo-Soldat! Skipp Deploys Cover! Skipp lays down Suppression!
Skipp Improvises! Junk tower collapses!
Dropper Technopath takes 5 damage and dies!
Dropper Heavy avoids damage!
Dropper Scrapfisher takes 5 damage and dies!
Dropper 1 avoids damage!
Dropper 2 avoids damage!

Dropper Technopath misses Skipp!
Dropper Heavy hits Skipp!
Dropper Scrapfisher misses Skipp!
Dropper 1 misses Skipp!
Dropper 2 hits Skipp!
Skipp takes no damage!

Skipp is awarded 5 Luxe for bounty!

3. Midge Gureyevitch
Midge destroys Tangled Undergrowth!

4. Lucinda
Lucinda Evades!
Thorny Horror cannot target Lucinda!

5. Cryo
Cryo retreats to 09.18!

6. Mari Anne
Mari Anne takes Cover!
Cryo retreats!

7. Stev
Stev attacks escape pod!
:siren: Pod breached! Emergency jettison engaged! :siren:
Stev is depressurized! Stev takes 3 damage!
Stev is spaced into 09.19!

Spaced posted:

A Spaced Wrecker cannot Move without a mode of powered flight. Attacks may cause movement, dependent on weapon type. A Spaced Wrecker sustains 2 periodic damage every Hazard Phase.

8. Scramble
Scramble releases mind-altering pheremones! Horror Spawn 1, 2, and 4 are crazed!
They hurt themselves in their confusion!
Scramble lays down Suppression! Spawn are downscaled!
Scramble is nauseated!

Spawn 1 takes 1 damage and dies!
Spawn 2 takes 1 damage and dies!
Spawn 3 attacks Scramble! Scramble takes 1 damage!
Spawn 4 fails to hurt itself!

Scramble is awarded 2 Luxe for beast bounty!

9. Zinore
Zinore Improvises!
Green Barrels rupture! Hex is now a Toxic Zone!

10. Thurl Rooksfield
No encounter.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 5/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ClusterDet Rounds on Stinger / 0 luxe ]

:barf:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:5/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 00 / LUXE: 00 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL]

Whistling cheerfully, he sifted through the shredded plants for anything of value, all the while keeping an eye on the best place to assault an intruding foe and running his scanner.

Free Scan, Free Ambush, Salvage.

Wishlist:All good for now. Once I get a good scan up, I'll see what's needed and where.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 19/22 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

You never really understand deep space until you're out in it. Outside of the comforting reach of atmosphere, there is no sound. Thousands and thousands of miles above the nearest planetoid, gravity provides no frame of reference. At this distance for the system's center, even the sun feels diminished, less special than its stellar brethren. There is no space more alien, more inimical to life, to be found in the universe.

In this void, drifting alongside a derelict space station that is rapidly crashing down to the inhospitable volcanic surface of Io, there is a man.

He is singing.

"This is Sergeant Stev to Ground Control
I've been pulled out through the hole...
And I'm floating in a most peculiar waaaaaay
And the stars look very different todaaaaaay

For here... am I a floating human tin can...
Faaaar above the world
The Hive is up here too,
And I've got a lot to do........"

That should be long enough for the cells to acclimate, Stev reckoned. Twisting his body to face the station, Stev opened his onboard storage unit, and plucked a fleshy, slightly sticky, orb of biomass from its recesses. There was no sound, obviously, but Stev could feel the buzzing, both through the vibrations in his hand, and through his mental link.

"Alright, you." Stev muttered to the nascent cluster. "You've got a lot of growing to do. I'll keep in touch!"

With an overarm toss, he sent it tumbling towards Drop's hull, where it latched on and rapidly began to spread and expand. Stev nodded and then began to twist further. Time to see about getting back on board before he got hit by a meteor or something.

Action: Affixing a Hive Cluster to the station's hull. Probably at the side of 09.18, if it matters.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 4/5 Move: 5 Luxe: 000 Fuel: 00
Inventory: CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Medikit (Full) // Deployable Cover (Empty -> Full)

Ah, thank goodness. With their leader and their ranged expert crushed under the tremendous pile of junked wreckage, the Droppers backed off from Skipp Wiley Jr. for the time being - likely to regroup. Darn beasts were pseudo-intelligent! No wonder the original makers of this place had abandoned it - the dumb slavering things they'd spawned were trying to use human technology with all the brute force of the ancient rhinoceros!

Skipp Wiley Jr. clambered up the massive tree he was clinging to and ascended to the highest branches that could hold him. From here he had a good view of his surroundings. He started stripping the leaves off the ends of the branches until they were bare, feeding the plant material into the reloader hopper of his Deployable Cover.

He'd find somebody, and soon. There had to be other Wreckers nearby, Skipp was sure of it.

Action: Skipp Wiley Jr. reloads his Deployable Cover!

Wishlist: I'd need the Luxe for it first of course, but I'd like a Squidpack (13 luxe) and an Experimental Medikit (X.1, 0 luxe) delivered, just to be on the safe side! (Total: 13+0+25= 38 luxe)

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 15, 2018

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

[THURL ROOKSFIELD / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / 0 LUXE / CYBER: HEAVY ARMS /MUTATIONS: NONE]

Your ruby ring made life and laid the law.
Oh, switch it off! And as life snapped we saw
A pinhead light dwindle and die in black
Infinity.

Out of his lakeside shack
A watchman, Father Time, all gray and bent,
Emerged with his uneasy dog and went
Along the reedy bank.

He came too late.

Free Scan, Salvage the bloody goop of the late Laze Hyperbone. I think I get 1d6=1 luxe from this?

Wishlist: Weapon Mod Kits, Armor Mod Kit, QED, whatever is the upgrade to the EZ-Snipe

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 15, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 9/9 / MOVE: 3 / DR: 4 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 052 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR + THREADED VISUALIZER, OVERCLOCKED GENERATOR + BIGGER GOODBYE, DERMAL ARMOR + HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE + CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE + ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB + CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES + SENSORY CORE, FERROVORE, SLINKING SLIME, CAUSTIC HEMORRHEXIS]

Cryo barely acknowledged the errant biologist as she fell upon the veritable feast of scrap in the podbay. There were some very choice pieces buried in all that random junk, this would keep her going for quite a while indeed. Hunger momentarily sated, she finally took a closer look at her surroundings. The naturalist was cowering, naturally, she'd come to expect that. But it looked like there had already been some damage to... wait, what the hell? A glint through the porthole... was that... STEV? How the shells had that idiot gotten himself spaced ALREADY? The shooting hadn't even started! Oh no this would not do, this would not do at all... Cryo set about ripping into the podbay once again, this time attempting to jury-rig an airlock that wouldn't immediately depressurize the entire station.

Salvage: 2*6d6 52 and complete the Pertinax challenge

Hey Bee while I'm in there ripping pods apart anyways, can I try and fashion one into a bootleg airlock to let Stev back in with or would that consume the entire action/be precluded by salvaging?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 15, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Mari Anne HP: 3/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 0 Fuel: 0 Cyber: Eye Gear

Well, the war hulk hadn't torn her to shreds, time to get a better idea of what was around her.

Scan

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array, Ablative Upgrades / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Bobby-Jack spared the self-cannibalizing horror spawn one last silent look, before turning around to inspect the surrounding area.

Free Scan
Salvaging for that Luxe: 1d6= 1

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 15, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0000 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover]

Pod 3 Environmental Control Surface posted:

>Please Present User Credentials and Generate Access Token.

"Oh this isn't my first trip to a habitat like this, I know the drill." She swiped her nano cloud until the standard access interface appeared, and approached.

"Vox ID, Lucinda Keel-Thoristew. Bio-ID-" Lucinda moves her eyes to be scanned and places her left hand on the recognition panel. It is scanned.

"Full Genetic ID process approved" she confirmed. A sharp scratch on her palm as some blood is taken for analysis and comparison.

"Credentials presented, generate access token."

She wasn't sure whether the producers would have put wrecker level access in place, but she did know that Lucinda prime, IV and X all heavily invested in various research habitats, contributing untold funding to hundreds of these style of research habitat. Not from scientific curiosity or anything, no, to get invited to investor events and parties hosted in these exotic environs. And when they had conflicting events, well there were plenty of sister-clones with matching bio-credentials willing to step in.

She was certain that investor level access would be in place for her genetic fingerprint.

"Let's see what we can do from here."

Mentioned on discord, twiddling knobs

Wishlist:
You know what would be awesome? An autofalcon that could let you send/receive messages to destination hexes! Could someone please send an autofalcon with a chest mounted holo-projector? Even if that removes its ability to attack/ steal gear would still be awesome.

Also, ex-omni-hazmat, resist all known hazards 1? Have enough luxe left in account to cover both. Thaaaanks <3

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 15, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Io is just about the worst place in the Jovian system, and nearly the worst place in the entire Solar system, to put anything you care about. Deep inside Jupiter's magnetically charged radiation cloud of doom, linked to Jupiter by plasma and flux circuits so tightly that Io was almost part of Jupiter's atmosphere, and churned up by tidal forces to the point that maps are useless unless they're real-time, Io will contaminate anything in orbit every which way. Hyperion Biodyne had put their experimental platform in a passable substitute for Hell - not that anyone at Virtual Domain Partners would know - and it was finally doing its best snowball impersonation.

Which is why Jordan Salgado-Said was watching the show, so to speak, from a campsite on an orbital cylinder colony in polar orbit around Callisto.

"I don't care if there's a sponsors' lounge this stage; it'd be too close to Io for me to ever feel comfortable being there." Jordan scanned in a freshly-pressed combustion license, and dropped a couple of bundles of kindling into the now-open fire pit.

"I doubt it would be that bad." A working-dog-sized robot spider dipped a spark generator into the fire pit, summoning flames in and under the wood, as much as the pit's control circuits would allow, at any rate. "If you bury the sponsors' lounge in the heart of an asteroid. Backfilled with enough supplies to start a colony."

"Exactly my point. It's like Hyperion Biodyne wanted to pit neutron embrittlement, plasma clouds and Jupiter Itself in a race to see what could destroy or mangle their station and its payload first. It's like they weren't even trying to do bioscience there."

"Their course of action appears a sound way to get tax breaks from the Decree's Ecology Program. Or funding from wealthy investors. Or burying information they had to maintain but didn't want getting out...." The spider curled its legs under itself near the fire, half-watching it, with probably less attention and wonder than the fire's reflection in its optical array and fresh service-drone paint implied.

"Well, there's Red's angle I guess. I'm actually a little impressed Hyperion figured out a gravity system that didn't require thrust or rotation." Jordan flopped onto the grass and looked up at the stars through one of the great viewports on the other side of the world. Io was halfway between a point of light and a disc in the sky from here. Jupiter, on the other hand, filled up half the viewport - and the next viewport down the length of the spire, muted by the water set in the window, and interrupted by the evening lights of the town on the far side and the branches of the park canopy in between. "You know, you wouldn't even know they're shooting Wrecking Crew there if you just looked at it from here?" Jordan sighed. "Easy to get lost, even around the mother star."

The fire crackled, sparing the next few moments from silence. "I wanted to thank you for inviting me along. Even if it is as something of a kit-bash."

Surprise cracked into Jordan's voice. Just a little. "Of course! It would be cruel to leave you alone in the ship. And weird to be out here on my own."

"Not that you're ever really alone in an orbital colony. Or off the grid. Speaking of which, I'm still, technically, also in the ship."

"Huh. What's it like being in two places at once?"

"It's okay to take a break from work sometimes."

"Sorry. Um." Jordan sat up and felt around in a nearby duffel bag for something to dispel the awkwardness. "Toast?"

"I suppose I could further exercise my chemoceptors. Just a toast, or something in mind?"

Jordan poured half of one glass and a full but much smaller glass of something from home, set the smaller in the spider's reach with a smile. "What do you think, new experiences or broader horizons?"

The spider's body swiveled around its midplane; it grabbed the small glass with one limb, set another on its rim, and watched the far side of the world for a while.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[ZINORE / HP6 / MOVE1 / LUXE0 / COMPOUND EYES / UNSTABLE ANATOMY / GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS]

Still bound by the withering strands, Zinore took in his surroundings. Perhaps, in the future, he would avoid walking into such an obvious trap!

Scanning!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Bobby-Jack Salvages for 1 Luxe.
Scanning...
02.12: (Inactive) Beta Enforcer, 2 Gamma Enforcers.
02.13: (Inactive) Squamous Horror.
02.14: (Inactive) Dropper Lair - Technopath, 1(2) Scrapifshers, 0(1) Heavy, 2(4) Droppers
03.12: (Inactive) Toxic Spores.
03.13: (Inactive) Weakened Particle Barrier
03.14: (Inactive) Skeletal Remains
04.12: (Inactive) Biological Sample, Medicinal Fungus, 2 Dropper Heavies, 2 Droppers
04.14: (Inactive) Damaged Heat Shields
04.15: Thorny Horror, Lucinda
05.12: (Inactive) Corvid Battlebird.
05.13: Dropper Lair – 1(2) Heavy, 0(1)Scrapfisher, 2 Droppers, Skipp
05.14: Midge
06.12: (Inactive) Beta Rook
06.13: (Inactive) Biological Sample
06.14: (Inactive) 5 Horror Spawn
Scan complete.

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
D-Cover Reloaded.

3. Midge Gureyevitch
Midge Salvages for 4 Luxe.
Midge sets Ambush.
Scanning...
02.13: (Inactive) Squamous Horror.
02.14: (Inactive) Dropper Lair - Technopath, 1(2) Scrapifshers, 0(1) Heavy, 2(4) Droppers
02.15: (Inactive) Sinking Muck.
02.16: (Inactive) Distressed Hull
03.12: (Inactive) Toxic Spores.
03.13: (Inactive) Weakened Particle Barrier
03.14: (Inactive) Skeletal Remains
03.15: (Inactive) Skeletal Remains
03.16: (Inactive) Horror Nest – Spawner, Squamous, 8 Spawn
04.12: (Inactive) Biological Sample, Medicinal Fungus, 2 Dropper Heavies, 2 Droppers
04.13 Bobby-Jack
04.14: (Inactive) Damaged Heat Shields
04.15: Thorny Horror, Lucinda
04.16: (Inactive) Damaged Heat Shields
04.17: (Inactive) Weakened Particle Barrier
05.12: (Inactive) Corvid Harrier.
05.13: Dropper Lair – 1(2) Heavy, 0(1)Scrapfisher, 2 Droppers, Skipp
05.15: (Inactive) Skeletal Remains
05.16: (Inactive) Squamous Horror
05.17: (Inactive) Thorny Horror
06.12: (Inactive) Beta Rook
06.13: (Inactive) Biological Sample
06.14: (Inactive) 5 Horror Spawn
06.15: (Inactive) 6 Horror Spawn
06.16: (Inactive) Ionian Autofalconer
06.17: (Inactive) 2 Droppers
07.13: (Inactive) Squamous Horror
07.14: (Inactive) 3 Horror Spawn
07.15: (Inactive) Horror Hunter
07.16: (Inactive) Squamous Horror
Scan complete.

4. Lucinda

Environmental Control posted:

Meteorological Scheme accepted, Admiral.
>Rain, Torrential
>Thunderstorm, Severe
...Atmospheric Telemetry downloaded!
Have a Dynamic day!

Challenge Update posted:

Pertinax - Obtain telemetry from each Pod's environmental pylon.
Lucinda: 1 of 4.

5. Cryo
Cryo Salvages for 52 Luxe.

Challenge Complete posted:

Pertinax: Salvage Escape Pod Beta.
Cryo is awarded 10 Luxe for completion!
Pertinax is awarded 5 Luxe for completion!

6. Mari Anne
Scanning...
09.18: Xenonaturalist, Cryo.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Scan complete.

7. Stev
Stev spawns a Hive Cluster!
Hive Cluster is Spaced! It fails to adapt! Hive Cluster takes 3 damage (2/5)!

8. Scramble
Scramble vomits uncontrollably!
Scramble receives Experimental Mutagen!

9. Zinore
Scanning...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
No contacts found.
Scan complete.

10. Thurl Rooksfield
Thurl Salvages for Biological Sample and 1 Luxe.

Scanning...
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
No contacts found.
Scan complete.

Challenge complete posted:

Pertinax - Provide scan telemetry from the hex Laze died in.
Thurl is awarded 10 Luxe for completion.
Pertinax is awarded 5 Luxe for completion.

Ferrovore! Cryo consumes 6 Luxe!

Toxic Zone! Tangled Undergrowth (12.14) suffers 1 damage!

Spaced! Stev suffers no damage! Hive Cluster fails to adapt! Hive Cluster suffers 2 damage and is destroyed!

Torrential Rain in Pod 3! All attacks downscaled!
Severe Thunderstorm in Pod 3! Midge is struck by lightning! Midge suffers 2 damage!

Drone Delivery posted:

Bobby-Jack recieves Medikit, Hazmat Gear, Deployable Cover, and Optiscope!

Skipp receives Vintage Mech-Mangler and Optiscope!

Midge receives 2 Experimental Weapon Mod Kits!

Lucinda receives Combat Support Armor, Medikit, and 2 Mutagenic Syringes!

Lucinda Mutates!
Gelatinous Epidermis: Immune to toxic environments.
Compound Eyes: Cannot be Ambushed.

Cryo receives Experimental Combat Support Armor, Experimental Optiscope, Experimental Mutagenic Syrinx, and Metamorphosis Engine!

Cryo Mutates!
Cryo's system rejects the foreign mutagen! Cryo hemhorrages! Cryo will suffer 1 2 damage for the next 3 Hazard Phases unless she receives healing!

Mari Anne receives DPM Pistol and Medikit!

Stev receives Mutagenic Syrinx and Unlicensed Autodoc!

Stev Mutates!
+Giant Pincer: 1d10/3 attack; subject may prevent target from Moving away next Round.
OR
Unstable Anatomy: Can only be hit in combat on a 5+.

Scramble receives 2 Mutagenic Syringes!
Scramble Mutates!
+Organic Core: All mutation-based attacks are upscaled a number of times equal to Mutations possessed.
OR
+1 Max HP
AND Either
Warped Insight: Roll twice on Table rolls and choose one.
+Warped Precognition: Reroll a single die once per round.
OR
+1 Max HP

Zinore receives 2 Experimental Mutagenic Syringes!
Zinore Mutates!
Pulsating Skull: 1d6 Attack, target is controlled this round.
Ablative Limb: Reduce Max HP or Move by 1 to cancel a successful attack.

Thurl Rooksfield receives Combat Support Armor and Squidpack!

Sponsors posted:

Sponsor Stipends:
Pertinax Ammofab +10
RookEngOrg, Virtual Domain Partners, Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus +5

Pertinax Ammofab 20
RookEngOrg 5
Hideous Dynamics 0
Virtual Domain Partners 30
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 5
IPC 0
Kalpernicus Risso 0
Wrecker Retirement Fund 0

Accounts posted:

1. Bobby-Jack 34
2. Skipp Wiley Jr. 5
3. Midge 40
4. Lucinda 31
5. Cryo 10
6. Mari Anne 0
7. Stev 83
8. Scramble 69
9. Zinore 0
10. Thurl Rooksfield 10

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax AmmoFab
>Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
>Kill 4 Horrors.
>Salvage Escape Pod Alpha (north)
>Obtain telemetry from each Pod's environmental pylon
(Lucinda: 1 of 4.)
>Find Station Administration and extract data core and encryption key, then transmat to Pertinax
>Engage the midboss (initiate combat)
>Destroy the midboss
>Solo the midboss
>Provide a scan of the Cancer Killer relic rifle
>Transmat a biological sample of Laze's dimensionally-compromised remains.

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
>Prove that you are worthy to bear the Cancerkiller Rifle by defeating the Crazed Hermit in single combat .
>Transmat the Experimental Workout Equipment
>Crash the Executive Shuttle into something. Or someone.
>Kill at least one opponent per round for four consecutive rounds.

Rook EngOrg
>Slay each (5) Corvid Battlebird, Or Extract Them.
>Use An Environmental Pylon To Raise The Heat
>Use An Environmental Pylon To Lower The Heat
>Expose A Hex to Vaccuum.
>KILL Wrecker Zinore.
>Transmat Zinore's Body .

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 16, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 00 / LUXE: 04 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL]

Ouch! A shocking development. Thankfully his Dr.One had it covered, but it was an unfortunate expenditure so early. Checking his scanner, he saw something relevant to the 'north', though he'd need to pick a careful path 'Northeast' first. Perhaps he'd say 'Hi!' to an acquaintance along the way, there was one right where he intended to end up.

Move to 04:13 via 04:14

Wishlist:Drop me a repair kit in case I need to patch up Dr.One there.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 16, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 4/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ORGANIC CORE / WARPED INSIGHT+WARPED PRECOGNITION/ ClusterDet Rounds on Stinger / 2 luxe ]

Scramble stares at the glowing excretion. Producing the substance had been unpleasant, possibly a response to the stress of combat. But the result is strangely compelling. It feels like... possibility. She is still pondering it as a drone sweeps in. Scramble turns expecting the usual drop container full of mutagen vials. Thwip. Thwip. Scramble's hand moves to the darts suddenly sticking from her neck. How very efficient of them.

That's Scramble's last coherent thought for some time. Perhaps it's the lingering psychoactives in the air. Perhaps it's the double dose. Or perhaps Scramble has reached some sort of tipping point in her personal growth. Either way this mutation is accompanied by a deep, turbulent trance. Scramble falls into herself, seeing her body almost as a visitor to a vast biological cathedral. It is a soaring, roaring red vastness lit by sparking nerves and sourceless fire. The changes she has made so far stand out, patchwork to the stained glass helix that is her. Here a custom organ, there a neurochemical cascade. All parts, distinct, off-the-shelf. She had taken them in, true, put them in the proper places. She had never seen how separate from her they were. But there's a heat sweeping through her. A change so complete that it should be terrifying. The structure shudders and melts like wax. Scramble hovers on the edge of dissolution. She reaches out with something and holds the flux together. Shapes it. She is made complete, by her own will.

The vision ends with a rising sensation and million needle pricks of awareness sparking to new life. Scramble wakes to near perfect control of her mutations. No need for mnemonics or coded activation imagery. They are hers as much as her own hand, her voice. Her fleshy wings curl and flex as she explores her newfound control.

No Movement

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Inventory: Vintage Mech-Mangler (1d10/3 Rampage, Unreliable) // Optiscope (1Upscale+0) // CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Medikit (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full)

"Ah, now that's a weight off my back!" Skipp sighed from his perch as he spotted the near-silent delivery drone cresting over the treetops, carefully bearing its special burden. The gentle thrumming of the delivery drone was a godsend to Skipp Wiley Jr.'s ear sensors. The droppers were climbing up his tree, slowly but surely they'd become his problem again.

Skipp snagged the cross-shaped parcel out of the air and took a moment to admire the packaging. The "box" was reverently adorned in white and gold trim, with the neon-jewel markings of the Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus splashed across the front. It was addressed to "Doc Hopper's Grandson" and had the official wax seal of the Hypertemple coating on the opening mechanism. You had to pull off the sinewy limbs of a wax Muscle Jesus order to get it open...

As Skipp Wiley Jr. tossed the contents' wrappers aside, he could hear the Droppers making appreciative croaking and smacking noises with their horrible mouths as they snatched at bits of falling Hypertemple packaging.

"Thanks be to the great Lord Muscle Jesus for this most blessed offering: a Vintage Mech Mangler and an Optiscope!" Skipp cried to the heavens, holding his prizes aloft. "May His blessed loins forever bear fruit!"

As if in response, an automated thunderstorm erupted from above. A shot of generated lightning lanced at the ground somewhere nearby and struck a tree, causing it to smoke.

"Time to seek shelter, I suppose!" he declared. "See you later, Droppers -" he called down, "try not to get too wet!"

Skipp Wiley Jr. stretched his legs and made a mighty leap for the skies.

Movement: 05.13 -> 04.14 -> 04.15

Wishlist: Squidpack (13 luxe) & Experimental Medikit (X.1, 0 luxe) Total: 13+0+25= 38 luxe

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 16, 2018

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

[THURL ROOKSFIELD / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / 10 LUXE / CYBER: HEAVY ARMS /MUTATIONS: NONE]

Into a boundless world, your bearings lost,
Your spirit stripped and utterly alone,
Your task unfinished, your despair unknown,
Your body just beginning to putresce,
A non-undressable in fancy dress,
Your body lying prone on a firm bed,
Reality a blur in your dissolving head!

Move to 13.14

Wishlist: Weapon Mod Kits, Armor Mod Kit, QED, whatever is the upgrade to the EZ-Snipe

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 17, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Well, time to move on. The jungle didn't look inviting, but what can you do?

Move to 06.17

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 16, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0000 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES

"Oh perfect! These are just the bio-enhancements I was looking for! Thanks Pertinax!"

"There, much better. Really sets the ambiance, right? Crackling lightning! Roaring storms! Oh, no one's here."

Lucinda pushes off, a lot lower than before given the crackling lightning and rain.

Levitate to 02.12

Wishlist:
Thanks for these lovely things! A few experimental requests if any sponsors are feeling it. I've got enough in the account for both plus drone.

ex-autofalcon with built in holo projector (send/receive messages-interact with pcs/npcs in destination hexes.).
ex-Hazmat, don't need any toxic immunity, how about a spacer suit for exploring that unshielded pod?

Maybe later, going exploring!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 16, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

As a prototype, Cryo certainly has some... kinks that have yet to be worked out. The warhulk program itself had grown in leaps and bounds thanks to her pioneering spirit, and the fact that in a lab setting, with blank template organics, those selfsame kinks can be eliminated. For Cryo though, solving the dilemma of her radiologically triggered regeneration without destabilising her cellular integrity requires more drastic field methodology.

Aethelred watched as a rad-shielded bioconstruct opened a three by three by three metre multilayered containment vessel that weighed the better part of twenty tons. Yellow beacon lights and klaxxons sounded in the sealed chamber as the construct lifted the lid and set it down with a resounding clang. It then produced from its hypertrophied left arm a large pair of extending tongs, plucking from the vessel a fist sized nugget of Phobium302 and carried it to a shielded drone already primed with an-x-mutagen syrinx as its skin started to blister. Placing it in the drone, the construct took several steps back and the chamber divided itself by dropping a wall between construct and drone. The drone was sent in it's way to the slowly deorbiting station, the bioconstruct, now oozing from lesions all over its bulk, retched and shuffled to the reclamator assembly on the far wall.

((WereGoat offered to foot any luxe Cryo didn't have to cover this.. uh.. terrible warcrime. Also whether or not the drone can be yoinked out of the air and used to store it is entirely in Bee's hands))

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 16, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Sponsor Luxe: 0]

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. was sitting at the very edge of the brand new ergonomic office chair he'd parked in front of his office's private quasiplex, watching the large-scale holo-feed of his very own genetic material ("Junior") being assailed by a group of feral-yet-intelligent water bears and turning the tables on them. Numbers were looking good. Junior was looking good. Sponsor funds were coming in at a steady trickle. Despite all this, Dr. Wiley couldn't relax.

He'd never played this kind of sponsorship game before, with the Decree's Conflict-Of-Interest Infowall up in place and his sponsorship luxe made public. He could access certain Wrecking Crew highlight feeds, sure, but the content was stripped bare of location records and other data. Compared to his usual sponsorship stints, he felt blind out there. Junior would just have to be his eyes...

Dr. Wiley sent his credentials to the Decree's Wrecking Crew Sponsor servers in order set up several generic challenges for the Wreckers to complete:

COSMIQ SURVIVAL CHALLENGES:
  • > Happy Camper: Spend 3 consecutive turns in the same hex.
  • > Muckraker: Spend 3 consecutive turns in swamp or river hexes.
  • > Bushwhacker: Spend 3 consecutive turns in deep jungle hexes.
  • > Moonscraper: Spend 3 consecutive turns in the unshielded sections.
  • > Skywalker: Spend 12 consecutive turns in the vacuum of space.
  • > Dino Jockey: Tame and ride a Horror
  • > Spicy Meatball: Consume any of the local flora or fauna
  • > Club Member: Be the first to find a Blue Clearance Card
  • > Danger Zone: Be the first to find a Yellow Clearance Card
  • > Party Central: Be the first to find a Red Clearance Card

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I very much approve the above post, and I love the challenge names

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 1 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array, Ablative Upgrades / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom]

Well, he had a target now. Some hazards were in the way, but Bobby-Jack was confident he had more than enough equipment and shielding to deal with that particular issue.

Moving to Hex 03.12

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 16, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="483163489"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 19/22 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev frowned. That hadn't gone how he'd wanted it to at all! Maybe the next cluster would be made of sterner stuff.

In the meantime, though, it was probably time to get back to the hull. Not to go back inside, of course--he still had more to do out here. But he may as well stop drifting and be ready to head back in when it was time. Easier said than done, really. He didn't have anything to throw, and he wasn't sure if the Bloodhawk Beam would have any kind of thrust. But he did have a kinetically unstable hammer to work with, and when you've got a kinetically unstable hammer, everything starts to look like a kinetically unstable nail.

He twisted his body so he could point the head of the hammer away from the station, and activated the... whatever it was it had now, he wasn't really sure. Worth a shot, at least!

Move: Trying to use K-Hammer to reach Drop's hull so that I can move normally next round, but still staying in this hex.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

[ZINORE / HP6 / MOVE1 / LUXE0 / COMPOUND EYES / UNSTABLE ANATOMY / GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS / PULSATING SKULL / ABLATIVE LIMB]

Zinore sighed and strained lightly, the dying vegetation binding him like steel wire. This would not reflect well on his germline.

Not moving because I'm stuck like a dork!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 17, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Movement to 03.12.

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
Movement Halted at 04.14!
Midge Encountered!

3. Midge Gureyevitch
Movement halted at 04.14!
Skipp Encountered!

4. Lucinda
Movement to 02.12.

5. Cryo
Movement to 12.17.

6. Mari Anne
Movement to 06.17.

7. Stev
Stev successfully translates his mass! Stev is attached, and can now move through border hexes, but may be dislodged by combat or hazards!

8. Scramble
Movement to nowhere.

9. Zinore
Movement to nowhere.
(2/3)

10. Thurl
Movement halted at 13.13!
Droppers Ambush Thurl!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 17, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3/5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 00 / LUXE: 04 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL]

Another wrecker. He'd be happy to smile, wave and let them both proceed to their respective destinations, but there was no telling when you might end up with a kill-crazy one.

"Hi there! You are new this round, yes? Looks like you got hurt by something. Abide a moment, I'll have my medical drone patch that up for you, once it's done de-frazzling me after that lightning. Name s Midge."

If he tries anything, suppress him with Midge's disarming charm and gregariousness.

Wishlist:Drop me a repair kit in case I need to patch up Dr.One there.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 4/5 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ORGANIC CORE / WARPED INSIGHT+WARPED PRECOGNITION/ ClusterDet Rounds on Stinger / 2 luxe ]

Scramble frowns as the cute little Horrors recover from the frenzy. They seem to become less effective as their numbers drop. She can't rely on them to finish themselves off. Scramble thumbs a fire selector on the Stinger and lets a bolt off into the first Horror. It passes clean through and detonates, sending a fan of shrapnel into the second.

Harpoon a Horror: 1d10 2
Harpoon 2: the Skewering: 1d10 4 3 damage triggers ClusterDet 1 AoE
Free Suppress on one of em.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Inventory: Vintage Mech-Mangler (1d10/3 Rampage, Unreliable) // Optiscope (1Upscale+0) // CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Medikit (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full)

"Halt! Who goes there?" Skipp Wiley Jr. called out as he swooped down from the trees. He landed on the rain-slick turf with a nimble skid and struck a combat-ready stance, his main hand gripping tight to his Mech-Mangler's handle. The weapon wasn't drawn or revved up, rather it meant to provide Skipp with a menacing air of security.

Skipp paused, then visibly eased when he realized the identity of the burly man standing before him.

"Two-time Wrecker Veteran Midge Gureyevitch! Is that you? Hi, it's an honor. Name's Skipp Wiley - Junior."

He walked up to the other Wrecker and stuck out his hand.

"I was just headed to the weather pylon in this pod to collect telemetry data and look for the others. This is perfect! What are you doing out here?"

Encounter: Cover

Wishlist: Squidpack (13 luxe) & Experimental Medikit (X.1, 0 luxe) Total: 13+0+25= 38 luxe

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

[THURL ROOKSFIELD / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 3 / 10 LUXE / CYBER: HEAVY ARMS /MUTATIONS: NONE]

While snubbing gods, including the big G,
I've borrowed some peripheral debris
From mystic visions; and it offered tips
(The amber spectacles for life's eclipse)--
How not to panic when you're made a ghost:
Sidle and slide, choose a smooth surd, and coast,
Meet solid bodies and glissade right through,
Or let a person circulate through you.
How to locate in blackness, with a gasp,
Terra the Fair, an orbicle of jasp.
How to keep sane in spiral types of space.
Precautions to be taken in the case
Of freak reincarnation: what to do
On suddenly discovering that you
Are now a young and vulnerable toad
Plump in the middle of a busy road,
Or a bear cub beneath a burning pine,
Or a book mite in a revived divine.

Squidpack away! Retreat to 13.12

Wishlist: Weapon Mod Kits, Armor Mod Kit, QED, whatever is the upgrade to the EZ-Snipe, most probably a medkit

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 17, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0000 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES

Lucinda reaches for her squidpack cord. "I'll be leaving now if you gentlement don't mind."

She tugs on it. Nothing.

"Ohhhh, reload right? Oh this is embarassing. Don't you just hate it when this happens?"

Spend 1HP to activate neo-soldat. Cover. Shoot from cover vs gamma. Shoot Gamma: 1d8 5 If neo-soldat gives a free suppress also, using that on the Beta

Wishlist:
Autofalconoid please🐦! Preferably one that can scan🔍 destination hexes, or send/receive💌 communications at target hex (chest mounted holo projector?🎥).

Also looking for some decent protection⚠ from that shielded section, some kind of Jovian spacer suit ex-hazmat.

You know, it's been a while since I've visited a place like this. Last time they had like a cocktail reception,🍸 fancy🍹 drinks, amazing🐌 hors d'oeuvres, and waiter-drones catering for all the guests regardless of their current bio-config (that's mechanical drones silly! You wouldn't have bio-drones at an event like that. It's unseemly.)

Anyway, that would really be lovely if you could load up a waiter drone and send it down. You know, relax with the locals! Enjoy the ambience! Soak up that atmosphere! Yeah, it would need more propulsion than usual to keep up, but that should be easy for you, right ~💛

Just need to save up for them :-) shouldn't be long though.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 17, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Oh my, the local fauna had set up a welcoming committee for her. Mari Anne threw herself into cover and began shooting at the little purple buggers. That blasted rain was screwing with her sight lines something fierce. What were they doing in here, were they simulating the full rain forest experience?

Cover
Shoot a dropper: 1d10 7
Suppress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

He clasped the proffered hand in one of the Hypertemple-approved warrior greetings, and replied,

"I was heading 'north'wards, looking to pick up a fresh rig or two, start a new collection. Here, I'll patch you in to my next pulse of scan data, show you where, exactly. If you're headed to the weather pylon, making it not be a thunderstorm could be a big plus."

He took in the fleshy wings and nodded.

"You look like you've got some speed on you, if you're interested in coordinating. It'll take me a little longer to get where I'm going, after all."