Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A new chapter of Drinking Couple and a second chapter of that yakuza house husband is up.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Osake-wa-Fuufu-ni-Natte-Kara/Chapter-016--Mandarin-Breeze?id=406641

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gokushufudou-The-Way-of-the-House-Husband/Ch-002---Read-Online?id=406644#1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Suddenly, an Emiya Gohan chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Emiya-san-Chi-no-Kyou-no-Gohan/Ch-004---Read-Online?id=407264

and another Drinking Couple, two chapters even

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Osake-wa-Fuufu-ni-Natte-Kara/Chapter-017--Pear-Soda?id=407272

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

And another one.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/154301/1

It's bizarre. While I enjoyed watching Unlimited Blade Works, I don't particularly care about Fate Stay Night in general, but I could endlessly watch/read slice-of-life and/or comedy series in that settings. The characters just bounce off each other that well.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nasu is really good at slice of life scenes with his characters because he knows there should be more to people than sword beams. There are a few of these kinds of scenes in the sequel/spinoff Hollow Ataraxia.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
A bunch of new chapters are up. Chapter 6 is unbelievably cute. :kimchi:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Samenai-Machi-no-Kissaten/Vol--001-Ch-004---Cake-Sale-for-the-Early-Afternoon?id=404967

Edit: Yakuza dad also updated and I just noticed his apron's design, it's great. I love seeing this badass guy in everyday situations, he's so charmingly goofy.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gokushufudou-The-Way-of-the-House-Husband/Ch-003---Read-Online?id=407962

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 14, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Tondemo Skill
In addition to the Legendary wolf, Fenrir, our hero gains another monster ally.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Good and wholesome, I approve.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
countdown to it turning into a hot slime lady

I mean this is an isekai after all.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

a double douse today. first, we have Kumika no Mikaku and its time for a ♫makeover, makeover! makeover, makeover! makeover!♫

second, a new Samenai Machi and its breakfast time.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The twins are rapidly climbing the best character ranks. :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Misoshiru de Kanpai

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Samenai Machi
Poor Hakuro, no baguette for him.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I find the vague underlying melancholy in Samenai Machi really appealing for some reason. She's stuck in this endless dream world but is fully aware of it and seems unsure how to feel about it, it's super interesting.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Finally remembered to read more than the first couple chapters. The twins are cute. :3:

kidcoelacanth posted:

I find the vague underlying melancholy in Samenai Machi really appealing for some reason. She's stuck in this endless dream world but is fully aware of it and seems unsure how to feel about it, it's super interesting.

In the newer chapters it seems she's forgetting about her original world. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Satoko to Nada is a very good manga and while it's not about food, it does touch upon it since the girls both come from different cultures and thus have different food traditions. But one thing is for sure...

... It's nice to cook something fast.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Samenai Machi

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Browsing the newest mangadex uploads led me to Hokusai to Meshi Saeareba, which seems pretty cool although the scan quality is very rough. Apparently it's a prequel to an unscanlated series.

A young woman moves to a run-down house in Tokyo for university and seems determined to cook delicious meals on a shoestring budget, and also she talks to her stuffed animal.

I hope someone can make a higher quality scan someday because drat.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Another Emiya-Gohan!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Well, I did it. I got back into Bambino, and then hit a wall with what's up on Mangadex.. Did anyone ever actually finish scanslating it?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, I did it. I got back into Bambino, and then hit a wall with what's up on Mangadex.. Did anyone ever actually finish scanslating it?

If you mean Secondo, I'm pretty sure no one finished scanlating it because it's awful.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I sometimes wonder if I shoulda been upfront about not wanting to continue scanlating to Secondo because it was terrible

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bambino starts off good and ends up mediocre. Bambino Secondo starts off mediocre and by the point scanlations end is absolute trash.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
I read a couple of chapters of Secondo, but didn't really had the heart to continue after the ending of Bambino. There are some left field, out of the blue, wtf manga endings out there - and then there is Bambino.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Samenai Machi
Aint no party like a Sangria party.
I like that the sky whale has a hat and messenger bag.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another new Samenai Machi
I'd like some pound cake.

Also, can we get this put in the op?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Got it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I would eat way too much of that cake. The coffee rum and the cake both sound absolutely delicious. Really tempted to try making it sometime, maybe when it cools down a bit for winter

Gosh this manga is really good

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill
It seems our hero is getting the attention of those in high places. Really high places.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The Goddess is instantly my favorite character, I've been laughing nonstop at her scenes. Perfect choice of personality, my goodness.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fantasy worlds never seem to have any food culture. i guess low quality japanese junk food only seems impressive when there are absolutely no alternatives.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Slime Child is the best character

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

fantasy worlds never seem to have any food culture. i guess low quality japanese junk food only seems impressive when there are absolutely no alternatives.

If Western style fantasy worlds are based on historical Western countries, then it makes sense that there would be very little spices to flavor food.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Compendium posted:

Slime Child is the best character

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Emiya Gohan. https://mangadex.org/chapter/253698/1

What the gently caress is this double-cutting of green onions thing, I have just returned from an hour-long google hole trying to figure it out.

I have also discovered that there are people who teach cutting green onions from the green end first?!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fried rice is good and delicious. I really have a fondness for the one in Chinese restaurants that use salted fish even though it smells funky, but man the flavors are A+

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Finally got around to binging through Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan (aka the one about two stepsisters and food) thanks to a new chapter.

And for anyone who didn't know (I only remembered when I was browsing the latest anime listings), Izekaya Nobu's anime started! The episodes are quite short (15 minutes and only about 10 minutes are dedicated to Nobu), but it's suitable for the amount of content. The other 5 minutes are a live action segment related to the theme of the episode; the first episode's segment is a cooking segment with a chef.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Alcohol is for Married Couples
We get to meet the Wife's parents.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Samenai Machi

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
At long last, a new Maiko-san chapter! I just had an almost identical midnight snack the other night, it was very good.