Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I still hate the habitability and terraforming system.
In other games you'll have cool poo poo like one race wanting terran planets, another wanting an ammonia hellscape, and so on. In stellaris the planet types are all just slight variations on earth climates that humans can mostly live in fine as is, let alone with space tech. It's just so boring. But then you have gaia planets which everyone can live in at maximum habitability? What does that even mean? If species are so fussy about the climate how can an entire planet be suitable for everyone? "Oh it's just really diverse so there's a climate zone for every taste" then how come I can fill it up 100% with one species? Where's the diverse climate zones on other planets?

Either make the game something like moo where everyone pretty much wants the same type of planet and terraforms towards it, or have very different mutually exclusive planet preferences and no magical planet where everyone gets 100% habitability. With the current habitability system I really wish habitats were built with a specific climate and gaia planets just didn't exist, or "gaia" was just a planet mod that could be applied to any planet.

The no joke bargain bin game Space Empires V did this pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Black Pants posted:

I'm kinda in love with genetic ascension non-zerg hivemind. Without the hungering swarm whatever civic, you're basically just playing one person with lots of arms and the dialog changes are pretty rad. And I also definitely love the genetic ascension path most of all three of them. (It is nice to capture -other- psionics though.)

they also have the best announcer voices.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Eiba posted:

The premise of Stelaris spiritualists is that there is some truth to the idea of a subjective or non-material universe. The idea is that empirical tests, traditional science, can't discover certain truths that require belief. You can't have materialist psychics because in order to unlock the psychic potential of a being, they need to have certain beliefs, and evidently the effects are not detectable through any sort of tests. Perhaps the Shroud understands when it's part of an experiment and refuses to manifest when it's being measured by non-believers.
My interpretation is that you could discover the shroud through the scientific process, it's just already full of woo crystal types who are dicking with your numbers out of spite. "STEMlords trying to get into our magic club? Nu-uh, I'm this close to warping the universe sufficiently that homeopathy works!"

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Baronjutter posted:

I wish spiritualist was just a total trap option that filled your research options with tons of useless dead-end techs like crystal healing and theological study and the whole psionics branch did absolutely nothing but all the events and notifications are written from the perspective of the spiritualist culture so it always sounds like the big discovery that's going to change everything and prove the shroud is real is juuuust around the corner.

Fill the Xenophobes tree with techs like phrenology that make your science worse and give bad events too, and Authoritarians get hemophilia and other inbreeding problems.

Basically the three lovely ethos should suck.

Nessus posted:

You could probably refluff the axis to be empiricist vs. holistic, which seems like it would allow for the primary current mechanic of spiritualism (unity bonuses and Newtypes) while causing less anguish to people who went to lovely fundamentalist churches.

Oh hey someone here gets it, that and growing up under ACE anyway.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Baronjutter posted:

I still hate the habitability and terraforming system.
In other games you'll have cool poo poo like one race wanting terran planets, another wanting an ammonia hellscape, and so on. In stellaris the planet types are all just slight variations on earth climates that humans can mostly live in fine as is, let alone with space tech. It's just so boring. But then you have gaia planets which everyone can live in at maximum habitability? What does that even mean? If species are so fussy about the climate how can an entire planet be suitable for everyone? "Oh it's just really diverse so there's a climate zone for every taste" then how come I can fill it up 100% with one species? Where's the diverse climate zones on other planets?

Either make the game something like moo where everyone pretty much wants the same type of planet and terraforms towards it, or have very different mutually exclusive planet preferences and no magical planet where everyone gets 100% habitability. With the current habitability system I really wish habitats were built with a specific climate and gaia planets just didn't exist, or "gaia" was just a planet mod that could be applied to any planet.

The star trek mod does a little bit of this, the Tholians live on weird lava planets that nobody else really likes and the Breen live on ice worlds.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've got this enemy empire completely dominated, I have all their systems and planets occupied, they don't have a single ship left. But I still can't force them to surrender, they've still got -85 on the achieve war goals button. They have 33% war exhaustion and I have 65. How do I win this war? I'm trying to vassalize them because they're being jerks and are laid out in such a way that every claim would cost 100+ per system.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Invictus posted:

I've got this enemy empire completely dominated, I have all their systems and planets occupied, they don't have a single ship left. But I still can't force them to surrender, they've still got -85 on the achieve war goals button. They have 33% war exhaustion and I have 65. How do I win this war? I'm trying to vassalize them because they're being jerks and are laid out in such a way that every claim would cost 100+ per system.
Do they have any friends? They might have a defensive pact neighbour who's not actually helping, beating up their stuff would help.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/986515206116429825?s=20

Neat! The example pic is a tiny but sparse for my tastes, but sliders etc.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Splicer posted:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/986515206116429825?s=20

Neat! The example pic is a tiny but sparse for my tastes, but sliders etc.

:hmmyes:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

You have to woop the asses of everybody in the alliance if they're in one. I just waged a war against two machine empires, I pummeled one of them but they still wouldn't surrender to my reasonable demands (vassalization and ceding three systems, a bargain!), I had to move my doomstack over to the other one and take a couple of their planets before they would give in.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Alright, through the magic of mods (4 ethics points), I have now created a materialist Fanatic Purifiers empire with starting robots. Question: because my dudes are clearly assholes and definitely would grant their robots sentience just to turn them into slaves, is there a way to prevent the Synth Rebellion from happening, or should I just avoid researching the Synths technology at all or do so anyway out of arrogance and live in fear of them going Skynet?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Splicer posted:

Do they have any friends? They might have a defensive pact neighbour who's not actually helping, beating up their stuff would help.
oh bummer he does, some dudes I was friendly with before this. Well they're hegemonic imperialists or whatever so they can get hosed

edit: forgot I had 7 titans just lounging around at earth, guess I'll send them over to curbstomp the pumpkinhead authoritarians

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Alright, through the magic of mods (4 ethics points), I have now created a materialist Fanatic Purifiers empire with starting robots. Question: because my dudes are clearly assholes and definitely would grant their robots sentience just to turn them into slaves, is there a way to prevent the Synth Rebellion from happening, or should I just avoid researching the Synths technology at all or do so anyway out of arrogance and live in fear of them going Skynet?

it can happen if you have sapient combat AI researched too, not just synths, and the two are not dependent on one another. I dont think there's avoiding the chance of it unless you gave them full citizen rights

So you either have to be content with droids and T3 combat computers, or risk it happening

Sloober fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 18, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Invictus posted:

oh bummer he does, some dudes I was friendly with before this. Well they're hegemonic imperialists or whatever so they can get hosed

edit: forgot I had 7 titans just lounging around at earth, guess I'll send them over to curbstomp the pumpkinhead authoritarians
"Join my empire!"
"No"
*genocides their friends* "Look what you made me do!"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I'd love to see an anomaly on a galactic scale that wasn't really a fallen empire, but instead a Mines of Moria type cluster. Big, well fortified choke points that take a lot to get through, but are rumored to contain endless wealth and a paradise beyond spread across a series of 4-5 systems. You finally get through them and it isn't, instead it's a civilization that went too far and destroyed themselves or was destroyed behind their nigh invincible walls. Ruined mega structures, shattered planets, crazed remnant cults like the Gardeners of Kadesh, and plenty of anomalies that tell their story and give decent rewards to boot.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Omnicarus posted:

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I'd love to see an anomaly on a galactic scale that wasn't really a fallen empire, but instead a Mines of Moria type cluster. Big, well fortified choke points that take a lot to get through, but are rumored to contain endless wealth and a paradise beyond spread across a series of 4-5 systems. You finally get through them and it isn't, instead it's a civilization that went too far and destroyed themselves or was destroyed behind their nigh invincible walls. Ruined mega structures, shattered planets, crazed remnant cults like the Gardeners of Kadesh, and plenty of anomalies that tell their story and give decent rewards to boot.
I'd like some setpieces like this that have a chance to be dropped into galaxy generation. One game you have a hell province full of shroud monsters, another game it's a bunch of mysteriously destroyed ringworlds.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Splicer posted:

I'd like some setpieces like this that have a chance to be dropped into galaxy generation. One game you have a hell province full of shroud monsters, another game it's a bunch of mysteriously destroyed ringworlds.

game needs some livening events too, like MOO's crystals, amoebas, space dragons etc. Just stuff to add some life to the map painting in the early/mid games. Could even make it so they could enrich systems they're defeated in, like the crystal dumping a bunch of minerals onto a planet in the system it's busted in.

Also please for the love of god make it so anomaly chance doesn't determine if you have strategics

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd just like them to cram a few thousand more anomalies in and not have them appear every worldgen. I've had 5 galaxies and encountered the Mysterious Speedy Space Pot Of Mystery every single time. Same for alien mural, amusement park, flower planet, etc.

I know it's a lot to ask and they're focusing on improving gameplay, but I enjoy the anomalies, but not so much when they show up every galaxy.

edit: the ether drake totally does exactly that, it guards a super valuable planet with 14 minerals and energy, and after a while you'll dig up an unhatched egg that you can smash for a bunch of research or hatch to get a cute lil' babby dragon that's about as strong as a titan ship.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Omnicarus posted:

:five:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd just like them to cram a few thousand more anomalies in and not have them appear every worldgen. I've had 5 galaxies and encountered the Mysterious Speedy Space Pot Of Mystery every single time. Same for alien mural, amusement park, flower planet, etc.

I know it's a lot to ask and they're focusing on improving gameplay, but I enjoy the anomalies, but not so much when they show up every galaxy.

edit: the ether drake totally does exactly that, it guards a super valuable planet with 14 minerals and energy, and after a while you'll dig up an unhatched egg that you can smash for a bunch of research or hatch to get a cute lil' babby dragon that's about as strong as a titan ship.

i know but the drake stays put unless you piss him off, and adding chances to suddenly make on of your own systems more valuable is cool

i want more life in the galaxy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sloober posted:

Also please for the love of god make it so anomaly chance doesn't determine if you have strategics

Captain Invictus posted:

I honestly think they should just kill the find chance increases. Keep it at the base chance, add more Guilli-style planet modifiers to fill in the gap.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Splicer posted:

I honestly think they should just kill the find chance increases. Keep it at the base chance, add more Guilli-style planet modifiers to fill in the gap.

nothing is more satisfying than when i own 200 out of 1000 stars and the only strategic i have is the +10% governing ethics one

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sloober posted:

nothing is more satisfying than when i own 200 out of 1000 stars and the only strategic i have is the +10% governing ethics one
...and you're a hive mind.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Splicer posted:

...and you're a hive mind.

hive minds are some of my best satramene gas customers, along with robots.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Splicer posted:

My interpretation is that you could discover the shroud through the scientific process, it's just already full of woo crystal types who are dicking with your numbers out of spite. "STEMlords trying to get into our magic club? Nu-uh, I'm this close to warping the universe sufficiently that homeopathy works!"

The way it's portrayed is basically that prayer and religion actually work but only for psychics. Natural psychics are absurdly rare and do things that don't follow the laws of physics. Getting past the Shroud opens up why it works but even then it doesn't behave in a clean, predictable, mathematical way. There are underlying rules but they're incomprehensible.

Materialists have trouble believing in it because it's not predictable and fails the vast majority of the time. It isn't predictable so you can't math it. Materialists focus on what can be repeated. Very few people are psychic but any dingus with a calculator and a bit of know how can do calculus. It isn't magical; it's just how the physical universe works. Numbers are predictable. 2 + 2 is always 4. The derivative of x squared is always 2x. That poo poo doesn't change.

To outside appearances to the materialists the spiritualists are just getting lucky. It doesn't make sense. Of course from a purely realistic standpoint as soon as a race ascends every one of their members into being psychic and breaches the Shroud that should really get the attention of materialists because all of the sudden there's proof. Psychics quit being rare and they can show you that stuff. In that case it would become predictable.

Granted I think another side of it which may or may not be accurate to Stellaris is that it seems there's a suggestion that none of the materialists are psychic. The more materialist a race is the less psychic potential it has; the spiritualists produce more psychics so they get more religion. Hence they're more likely to have ritualistic, religious practices. Materialists don't so they focus on the physical universe. It doesn't work for them so they don't believe in psychics. Math, of course, always works.

Though I think a tl;dr is that materialists want cold, hard proof. Math provides that. Spiritualists are fine taking things on faith so if you occasionally get a powerful psychic that can produce genuine miracles that's proof that extraordinarily rare things like that are something that you can make happen sometimes. The materialist sees that it's random and treats it as a rare coincidence so they don't pursue it.

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 18, 2018

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Anomalies annoy me because you don't have the chance boosters early game when you're surveying your core systems, so your core systems are slightly weaker than your outer systems on average (plus your investigation success rates are lower unless you wait to backfill with higher level scientists). But then around mid-late game when you turn on auto-explore to ignore your survey ships as they map out the other end of the galaxy, you're hitting more anomalies and you're incentivized to not investigate them at all - why give your opponents massive local resource boosts or strategic resources like Living Metal for free?

The former issue is probably better smoothed out by seeding anomalies during map gen and turning them into events gated by skill/tech level, e.g. when the scientist initially surveys a system you get a roll to discover the anomaly based on skill level, but if you don't see it you'll eventually discover it as you increase your tech and old survey data is reanalyzed. This would also prevent spotting anomalies and ignoring them to deny other players the benefits, since everyone can eventually see them. Latter issue is best resolved by offering your choice of outcomes for a investigation, either the usual long-term benefit like a +5 minerals on an asteroid, or a short-term smash-and-grab option when you know you aren't going to be sticking around the area (blow up half the asteroid for a bunch of minerals now).

Even if nothing changes to how anomalies behave though, for the love of god fix auto-explore to survey systems you've 'seen' but not surveyed. I shouldn't have to manually scroll around the map to assign these survey targets in the late-game.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Omnicarus posted:

Something similar to this was mentioned as an aspiration by Wiz in a video a while ago, but I think they needed the hyperlane 'islands' thing he referred to in his tweet to make it work.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can go psychic if you're materialist, you just need a psionics expert. And regardless of your ethics, you need the Psionic Theory society tech to take the first perk. Plus there's that shroud event where you try to spy on a Fallen Empire, and they might notice your psionic probe and activate some kind of shield to block you - I'm looking at the event code right now and it just requires the FE to not be a gestalt consciousness, so it can fire for any organic FE, including the materialists. In the end spiritualism/materialism seems to only be relevant to psionics in that it affects how likely you're going to be to invest in the research in the first place, and that once you do have psionics a bunch of people are going to start buying into woo so spiritualism attraction increases.

It might make more sense to lift the materialism restriction if you know anyone who has psionics already, yeah.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
The short version is that materialists believe in an objective reality that is the same for everyone, while spiritualists believe in a subjective reality that can be altered by the viewer at will. They can co-exist in the same universe because most of the time there IS an objective reality with complex rules that can be taken advantage of to make scientific miracles, but every so often a psychic comes by and casually breaks the law of conservation of energy in his local area just because he wants it to and it gives materialists the screaming heebie jeebies because when your entire world view is founded on the concept of an objective reality with laid out rules everything gets super shaky when someone can just change those rules at will without reference to any of the other rules.

Edit: I think the key thing to note is that materialism isn't JUST "science is good" - everybody knows how to science in Stellaris. Materialism represents a deep, fundamental philosophical worldview that rejects the importance of the non-physical, that views consciousness itself solely as a series of biological processes, and which presumably has a system of ethics that builds from that foundation.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 18, 2018

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
2.0.3 patch is out.

quote:

#################################################################
####################### VERSION 2.0.3 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Feature
###################

* Added confirmation popup to the "clear user directory" function in the launcher, to avoid unintentionally deleting files
* Added new events to notify you when the construction of Gateways has concluded
* Added Will to Power unity ambition that gives +5 influence/month
* Fleet view now consolidates ships into their ship size (with breakdown of ship classes available in tooltip) rather than showing each design individually, making fleet view less of a visual mess and not misleading players with numbers like 20/0 corvettes
* No longer possible to decrease ship design count in fleet manager when a ship is waiting for upgrades
* Scaled difficulty is now a separate setting from difficulty, so a game with Scaling and Grand Admiral will have AI empires start at no bonuses and scale up to full Grand Admiral bonuses at the end-game start date
* Colossus now shows progress for charging weapon in the outliner
* World Cracker can now be test fired on uncolonized habitats, ringworlds & tomb worlds
* Ion Cannons no longer auto-upgrade (as they are designable)
* Winning a force ideology war will now pull the target out of any federation they are a member of
* Ideology war goal text now informs you of Ruler resigning and being forced out of Federation
* Max hyperlanes is now 2.0x, as there was functionally no difference between 2.0x and higher
* The Erudite trait now helps multiple leader types in different ways, similar to Psionic or Cyborg

###################
# Balance
###################

* Increased ship upkeep reduction for Fallen/Awakened Empires
* Increased primitive Sol spawn chance
* Ion Cannon no longer has a power cost for its weapon component
* Reduced firing speed on Colossus from 90 to 30 days. Reduced weapon charge time on Colossus from 270 to 90 days
* Raised hard cap on command limit from 200 to 500
* Trickster admiral trait now gives shorter emergency FTL cooldown instead of sublight speed bonus
* Piracy risk is now rounded down to the nearest whole percent
* It is no longer possible to use a Total War wargoal as your defensive wargoal against an attacker that isn't also using a Total War wargoal
* Disabled Starbases no longer inhibit FTL of hostiles
* Awakened Empires now get more resources but also more effect from decadence
* Assimilators can no longer have rivals, and get tradition swaps for traditions relating to claims or rivals
* Ground combat collateral damage now has a higher chance of adding blockers
* Reduced damage output and raised cost of Xenomorph armies
* Festival of Worlds now costs 5000 energy rather than energy, minerals & influence
* Psionic Shields are now stronger than Dark Matter Deflectors, rather than the other way around
* Added some food when Fallen Empires awaken, to prevent early starvation

# Traditions

* Master Builders now only gives +50% megastructure build speed (down from +100%) but increases the size of any Habitats owned by that empire from 12 to 15 (retroactively applied on any habitats of size <15 built before taking the perk or later conquered by the empire with Master Builders)

###################
# UI
###################

* Fixed certain multi-effect Strategic Resources (e.g. Living Metal) causing text overflow in the Strategic Resource list
* Fixed ironman UI being broken in setup screen
* The war summary now shows how many ships and armies were destroyed, as well as the number of systems and planets occupied
* Clicking on a ship design to add it to a fleet template that already has it now increases the counter for that template
* Fleet view now only shows template counts for your own fleets

###################
# AI
###################

* Subjects will now follow their overlord with all fleets
* Fixed AI using jump drive in some cases where it shouldn't do so due to enemy superiority

###################
# Modding
###################

* Added a free_pop modifier to species rights that can be used for citizenship, living standards and military service to apply a modifier only to non-enslaved pops
* Defaulted the operator of on_tech_increased trigger to >=, so that the trigger works at all
* Added on_system_first_visited on action, which triggers when you first get intel on a system through any means

###################
# Bugfix
###################

* General fixes and improvements to the Fleet Manager
* You will now be properly able to use gateways you've built even if you didn't encounter one before
* Added missing localization for new features added in 2.0.2
* Fixed a bug where empires could appear without visible borders
* Overlords can no longer get CBs against their vassals
* Fixed issue where Gateways could not be used despite having the necessary technology
* Fixed corrupted Looped Syzygy display model in Ship Details view
* Fixed federation fleets created by an ally empire not being added to your fleet manager when you become federation president
* Fixed a case where ships trying to find the nearest starbase to perform upgrades would ignore the one in the system they are in
* Fixed the Unbidden always treating their home system as conquered, even when there were colonies blocking them from leaving it
* 'Does not Compute' event will now also trigger when the final machine world is destroyed by a Colossus
* No longer crashes when 'intel' or 'sensor' commands are used as an observer
* Fixed some other crashes
* Fixed an endlessly spamming threats from Fallen Empires about encroachment, if you have a wormhole that exits inside their territory
* Planet having sapient pops during colonization no longer messes up interface and other things
* Ships can now properly upgrade at the stations of allies
* Added some missing tooltips
* Synth Leaders in a non-synth ascended empire can now also suffer malfunctions
* Which empire takes control of a disabled starbase in a war is now consistent between Starbases that were already disabled and ones that had to be disabled through force
* Fixed the 'Captive Star' achievement triggering from building a Dyson Sphere construction site
* Fixed a case where clicking on an obsolete ship in the fleet manager would not show the updgrade options
* Event-spawned ships can now be removed from fleet templates when they have been destroyed
* Claims on systems that become unowned (due to owner disbanding the outpost) are now deleted
* Fixed Marauders demanding nothing in tribute when empire income was >250 minerals, because even lunch money counts
* Fixed accidentally disabled mega engineering tech unlock
* Fixed a bug where you couldn't build multiple gateways at the same time
* Ships will now use captured enemy shipyards to upgrade during war rather than pathing all the way back to friendly territory
* Fixed pre-sapients not getting pre-sapient traits
* Planetary edict expired messages now will properly open planet view instead of country edicts view
* Fixed Awakened Empires not being able to use the demand subjugation action
* Fixed successful battles against starbases where your attacking fleet takes losses showing as a defeat in the war summary screen
* Fixed a bug where establishing contact with an enclave would silently give you comms with all other empires known to the enclave
* 'Stay on Target' achievement will now also trigger if the colossus is in the process of charging its weapon
* Fixed issue where anomalies could overwrite modifiers in Precursor systems
* Event triggers were reworked to prevent some events spawning massively far away from the player, because the game thought they were close due to a wormhole or gateway
* Fixed issue where the Extradimensionals would sometimes end up owning a planet
* Fixed Unbidden sometimes spawning without diplomatic contacts
* Fixed leaders being able to get both Chosen One and Psychic if they were elected to or out of office
* Fixed incorrect tooltip for Devouring Swarm
* Pop happiness modifier will no longer increase cost of colony ships
* Proper total war CB is now given when you have a colossus, but you can still make claims (was wrongly locked out before)
* Disabled custom ship design when auto-generate design is on, to prevent a bunch of bad bugs with upgrading
* Fixed sectors wrongly ignoring their resource storage limit via monthly income
* When an empire changes their ethics, the 'go to' button on the notification event will now work properly
* Fixed some species getting the wrong living standards set when citizenship was changed
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-team-2-0-3-patch-released-checksum-6da2.1089882/

Looks like they blew up the error log again, so expect a hotfix for that soon.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 18, 2018

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...018418_pla_pore

New patch. Colossi now fire much faster, and xenomorphs are no longer the answer to ground combat.

E: F,B

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tomn posted:

The short version is that materialists believe in an objective reality that is the same for everyone, while spiritualists believe in a subjective reality that can be altered by the viewer at will. They can co-exist in the same universe because most of the time there IS an objective reality with complex rules that can be taken advantage of to make scientific miracles, but every so often a psychic comes by and casually breaks the law of conservation of energy in his local area just because he wants it to and it gives materialists the screaming heebie jeebies because when your entire world view is founded on the concept of an objective reality with laid out rules everything gets super shaky when someone can just change those rules at will without reference to any of the other rules.
If reality can be altered by an observer through sufficient force of will that just means we're living in an objective reality where one of the core rules is that reality can be altered by an observer through sufficient force of will.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Splicer posted:

If reality can be altered by an observer through sufficient force of will that just means we're living in an objective reality where one of the core rules is that reality can be altered by an observer through sufficient force of will.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Did they mess with anomalies in 2.0? I haven't played in quite a while (like, before any DLC), and most of the changes are great—I always played hyperlane only anyway—but it feels like I find way less anomalies than I used to. Am I just misremembering, or is that a result of changes to system density, or?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Wallet posted:

Did they mess with anomalies in 2.0? I haven't played in quite a while (like, before any DLC), and most of the changes are great—I always played hyperlane only anyway—but it feels like I find way less anomalies than I used to. Am I just misremembering, or is that a result of changes to system density, or?
There was a shuffling around when utopia hit. Base find chance is lower but the discovery edict gives you a quick boost. Also the very first thing you should do when starting a new game is Empire Edicts -> Map the Stars.

Wiz seriously just give empires a hit of Map the Stars for free at new game start, you're taking your first steps into FTL of course you're going to be full of exploratory vigor. Plus when it expires 20 years in it will remind players that the edicts screen exists.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Splicer posted:

Sure - but as mentioned in my edit, a materialist ethic represents the philosophical rejection of non-material aspects of the world. To their mind, "will" is a biological/mechanical process. If psychic powers rely on the use of a will independent of the physical "host," however, that is deeply troubling to materialists. Non-materialists, even those who aren't spiritualists, can handle that fine. Materialists, less so.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Master builders + will to power means habitat spam is a go!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tomn posted:

Sure - but as mentioned in my edit, a materialist ethic represents the philosophical rejection of non-material aspects of the world. To their mind, "will" is a biological/mechanical process. If psychic powers rely on the use of a will independent of the physical "host," however, that is deeply troubling to materialists. Non-materialists, even those who aren't spiritualists, can handle that fine. Materialists, less so.
No more troubling than "If you look real close at the components of atoms it turns out they kind of don't entirely exist". The materialist/scientific response to that would be "OK, what counts as "will", how do we measure it, who has it, who doesn't, why, can we reproduce it artificially, and how can weaponise it and/or use it to make porn".

\/ same but unironically \/

Splicer fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 18, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tomn posted:

i love technobabble about game mechanichs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
man i think will to power is gonna replace my boring 10% research speed boost. that and the masterbuilders means hab spam is uh, a thing again