Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I never thought Rich would stoop that low.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Kind of surprised V was unaffected by Chaos Hammer, I thought V was true neutral.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wdarkk posted:

Kind of surprised V was unaffected by Chaos Hammer, I thought V was true neutral.

He was effected. You see him get a bit scuffed up by it. But not as much as the vampires and he is immune to the slow.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
A competent, prepared party can't possibly be real. We're going to cut away to them all still wasting away under Girard's illusion trap any strip now.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Nascent Evil Human Vampire is fast becoming my fave.

Breakout character of the year.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Zoe posted:

A competent, prepared party can't possibly be real. We're going to cut away to them all still wasting away under Girard's illusion trap any strip now.

It’s true, Durkon really was holding them back all this time. If they can convince Hilgya to stick around, the whole Gate issue will be solved in no time!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was effected. You see him get a bit scuffed up by it. But not as much as the vampires and he is immune to the slow.

Yeah, V can easily tank half of 5d8 damage (one-quarter if she saved) at her level. Vampire Spawn only have an average of 29, though, so that's spell's gonna hurt them a hell of a lot more.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I will miss the girafes. :(

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010
Eh, I call bull: Hammers are *clearly* a Thor-based weapon; Loki magic would have used a mind-controlling spear. :colbert:

But seriously, I loved the Limbo joke and ALL of panel six. "How uncharacteristically careless of you," indeed! :allears: Although this does have me wondering what the usual int/wis values are for a Vampire and spawn, since that was...I don't even have words.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Aren't vampire spawn not entirely free willed? As I read it, their master gave them an order, and they carried it out.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Durkula was a thrall for a chunk of book 5, and smart he wasn't.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
If I recall correctly, at one point he almost wandered out into open sunlight before Malack was able to cast protection from daylight on him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheAceOfLungs posted:

Eh, I call bull: Hammers are *clearly* a Thor-based weapon; Loki magic would have used a mind-controlling spear. :colbert:

But seriously, I loved the Limbo joke and ALL of panel six. "How uncharacteristically careless of you," indeed! :allears: Although this does have me wondering what the usual int/wis values are for a Vampire and spawn, since that was...I don't even have words.

I mean, they were told to kill the elf, and the Chaos Giraffes likely threw them for a loop. I imagine anyone would be left confused and off-balance after something like that.

Also, what the others said probably.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
While a spawn has to obey, can it do so while being a smart rear end?

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 18, 2018

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

World Famous W posted:

While a spawn has to obey, can it do so while being a smart rear end?

If you have that kind of relationship isn't trying to dick genie every command that displeases them, it's boring.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheAceOfLungs posted:

Eh, I call bull: Hammers are *clearly* a Thor-based weapon;

Thor doesn't own the entire concept of tools/weapons made to bludgeon!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ikanreed posted:

If you have that kind of relationship isn't trying to dick genie every command that displeases them, it's boring.

"dick genie" is one hell of a verb.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like combat sequences come more quickly than other comics, almost like they're easier to write and draw for him. They're always good, too.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I feel like combat sequences come more quickly than other comics, almost like they're easier to write and draw for him. They're always good, too.

Which is ironic, given real D&D.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Wanderer posted:

"dick genie" is one hell of a verb.

Millions of dick genies are summoned every day by teenage boys.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Slime posted:

Millions of dick genies are summoned every day by teenage boys.

How do you trick these back into the container

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rhaka posted:

How do you trick these back into the container
:nws::nws:

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 20, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What the gently caress is happening there

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What the gently caress is happening there

The man's jizz has been enchanted to seek out his master any time he rubs one out and tattle on him, so he's jerking into jars to avoid being punished.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I mean I can answer that question but I assure you it won't clarify much and will leave you more confused and dissatisfied.

Edit: oh beaten by someone actually answering the question :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sirtommygunn posted:

The man's jizz has been enchanted to seek out his master any time he rubs one out and tattle on him, so he's jerking into jars to avoid being punished.

Yeah that makes sense, that makes sense. Well, I gotta head over to the DMV and get my license renewed.

Oh, you know there, just one more thing. What the gently caress?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Oglaf is a magical thing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah that makes sense, that makes sense. Well, I gotta head over to the DMV and get my license renewed.

Oh, you know there, just one more thing. What the gently caress?

Oglaf is a webcomic about how weird sex comedy can get in a fantasy world.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 20, 2018

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Oglof is a webcomic about how weird sex comedy can get in a fantasy world.
Including why serving the king as court wizard isn't always as glamorous as you might think. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"I initially meant it to be a mature story-based comic, but it devolved into sex comedy pretty much immediately". - The author

To put things in perspective, they mark the strips that aren't NSFW.

Edit: I'd planned to link one of the good SFW ones here, but the ads most certainly aren't.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 20, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here a couple of good SFW ones via Imgur.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Silicon Valley: The Early Years Middle Ages

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Another good, SFW Oglaf (recent, too).

I wonder how many DMs out there have pulled something like this on their players.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oglaf is good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Unlucky7 posted:

Oglaf is good
You'd think "a sex-themed D&D web comic" would be literally the worst thing on the internet, but Oglaf is not only not that, it's actually really good and clever and funny.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Patrick Spens posted:

Oglaf is a magical thing.

It's extremely good and funny, and worth reading all through. Its about ... 60%? continuity and the rest is standalone, though with a lot of recurring characters.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I miss the comics about Ponce de Leon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This is one of the oldest (in fact, it's the oldest SFW strip) but it remains my favorite.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

W.T. Fits posted:

Another good, SFW Oglaf (recent, too).

I wonder how many DMs out there have pulled something like this on their players.

I wondered how many times Christian missionaries have actually done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

I wondered how many times Christian missionaries have actually done it.

It's how some Jesuits rationalized slavery. "Hey, it sucks but at least being enslaved lead you guys to meet God so now you won't burn in Hell!".