Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress the Kings :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress the kings, baby!!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

JawKnee posted:

Welcome Kings Fans or I guess Kite, but also gently caress the kings

Angry Booch is still around somewhere, right?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
here lies the los angeles kings

they couldnt score

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Kings are dead. Long live the Kings!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

grack posted:

Angry Booch is still around somewhere, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

edit: Kings picked a real bad time to stop scoring. Quick played out of his mind and the Kings could have gone much further on his back with their normal below average regular season scoring rate.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 18, 2018

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
gently caress the Knights. But gently caress the Kings offense even more.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

gently caress the Kings

:yeah:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fits posted:

here lies the los angeles kings

they couldnt score
:emptyquote:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can't wait for the round two VGK ceremony. Please air it NBC!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Good news for Habs fans: Sylvain Lefebvre was fired.

Good but meaningless until Bervegin leaves. It'll only happen after he inevitably botches the Patches trade.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dreger speculated that Flames are considering bringing Sutter back. Also thinking of Vignault and pursuing Dave Tippett and Bill Peters (should he be fired).

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Tippett is probably the best bet. His coaching style fits their roster and Treliving loved him when both were with the Coyotes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/986629490758397952

the stars did a great video on the mooterus

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Baba Oh Really posted:

Tippett is probably the best bet. His coaching style fits their roster and Treliving loved him when both were with the Coyotes.

Dreger mentioned that and it'd be interesting to see what Dave could do with a franchise that actually has interest in winning (although you wouldn't know it by some of the moves they make)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 18, 2018

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

:thurman:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Why are they zooming so far into the faces that you can't fit the face on the screen?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Why are they zooming so far into the faces that you can't fit the face on the screen?

that's the hot new thing in videos these days. I don't know why.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars continue to be cool. Shame they can't be good also.

gently caress Nill.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gonna just post that hak deserves to be fired and i'm glad i turned the game off after the first goal because the outcome was loving obvious

what a dumpster fire of a team

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Hi, I guess I’ll just join this thread a few days early since the Flyers are gonna show up here.

So serious question: what the he’ll do the Flyers need to add to be a legit contender? Before today I would have said a defenseman and like, 2 forwards. And of course new coach.

After today, I just don’t loving know. My hope is all these young players are shamed into not playing like poo poo for a playoff series again. Like, I honestly don’t think the team is “lose to the penguins multiple times 5-0” bad. some combo of team chemistry, coaching, etc is off.

Honestly, probably the solution is “fire Hakstol,” but Hextall won’t do that for at least 2 more seasons.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I mean the problem is that you look at the roster and name players who are actually 100% good and worth keeping players, and you end up with something like this:

Forwards:
Giroux
Voracek
Patrick
Konecny
Couturier
Lindblom (I'm being generous, but I think FAS has agreed he's generally looked very solid up until the playoffs)

Defensemen:
Gostisbehere
Provorov

Maybe throw Hagg and Sanheim in there to round the defense out to four because they're still young and could develop, but Ghost/Provorov are your two stars. You have two full forward lines you need to fill out and who's there now won't cut it. That's a real problem. That said, Hakstol needs to go. He's a poo poo coach and a better coach could still get more out of this list of players, even if they wouldn't be truly contending.

I worry about how much longer it's going to take though because Giroux isn't getting any younger despite having a career year. Same goes for Voracek. Simmonds is obviously really hurt or just cooked and almost assuredly won't be on the roster next season. Everyone keeps saying Hart is another 2-3 years off, and even then they still lack talent in front of the goaltender.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Simmonds will be on the team next year then they'll let him go and someone else is going to dramatically overpay him. There are a ton of guys in juniors and the phantoms that are on the way up. Lindblom will definitely stay.

Goaltending is a bit of a mess (lol what's new) because by this point they were expecting Stolarz to have taken the reigns. His knee going out in preseason hosed that up quite a bit.

For all of the bullshit with Philadelphia, and there's plenty, there's still good reason to be optimistic going forward. Filppula, Read, Manning, and Oduya (lol) are all gone and you should get to see a lot of the future in the Phantoms' AHL playoff run and going into next preseason. I don't know what the story will be with Hakstol. It feels like he gets agonizingly close to Getting It, then falls right back into old habits and depending on the old vets. Hextall seems bound and determined to let him play out his contract, but I feel like hiring Knoblauch to coach the power play was something of a warning shot to Hakstol. I have a hard time seeing Ian Laperriere still coaching the PK next season. All of Philly's high-end talent, save Giroux and Voracek, are suuuuper fuckin' young right now. poo poo, Coots only turned 25 this year.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

One thing the Flyers and their fans could both do is gently caress off and eat poo poo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Gudas is a good defenseman, too bad about that insatiable lust for blood thing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gudas is basically like Ulf Samuelsson, good at his job but such a dirty piece of poo poo you don't really want to acknowledge it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

eXXon posted:

One thing the Flyers and their fans could both do is gently caress off and eat poo poo

Careful my friend, you're going to cut yourself being that edgy

grack
Jan 10, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Gudas is basically like Ulf Samuelsson, good at his job but such a dirty piece of poo poo you don't really want to acknowledge it

You kinda have to when he starts taking out his own teammates.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

eXXon posted:

I would take the Flyers and their fans 10 out of 10 times over Pittsburgh, LA, Anaheim and Boston.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well yeah that’s the only team on that list the Hawks could beat.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

grack posted:

You kinda have to when he starts taking out his own teammates.

I mean acknowledging the fact that he's good, not the fact that he's a dirty bastard

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DJExile posted:

Careful my friend, you're going to cut yourself being that edgy

Just watch me link a Bleacher Report article

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I dont feel like digging through Charlie O'Connor's tweets but he posted an optimal next year roster with all the trash cleared out.

The Flyers didnt need that much IIRC. Some depth wingers and maybe a bottom pairing Dman

e: gently caress it, here it is https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/972129969974513664

slot MacDonald in the emtpy Dman slot cause he aint getting moved. That leaves a LW and a C. Lets go FA market

fire Hakstol

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 19, 2018

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress Creepy Rory

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

yellowcar posted:

gently caress Creepy Rory

:yeah:

edit:
needs another :yeah:

Ducks ought to have a "good hard look" press conference this year. Expecting "Screwed by reffing" though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

triple sulk posted:

I mean the problem is that you look at the roster and name players who are actually 100% good and worth keeping players, and you end up with something like this:

Forwards:
Giroux
Voracek
Patrick
Konecny
Couturier
Lindblom (I'm being generous, but I think FAS has agreed he's generally looked very solid up until the playoffs)

Defensemen:
Gostisbehere
Provorov

Maybe throw Hagg and Sanheim in there to round the defense out to four because they're still young and could develop, but Ghost/Provorov are your two stars. You have two full forward lines you need to fill out and who's there now won't cut it. That's a real problem. That said, Hakstol needs to go. He's a poo poo coach and a better coach could still get more out of this list of players, even if they wouldn't be truly contending.

I worry about how much longer it's going to take though because Giroux isn't getting any younger despite having a career year. Same goes for Voracek. Simmonds is obviously really hurt or just cooked and almost assuredly won't be on the roster next season. Everyone keeps saying Hart is another 2-3 years off, and even then they still lack talent in front of the goaltender.
Series is only 3_1 buddy

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/987097716961443841

Is it finally Hedman time?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ryan Hartman was suspended one game. Very happy that we got a pick for him instead of trying to recreate the magic of Andrew Shaw.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Also, because I didn't see them mentioned:

Vezina: Rinne, Hellebuyck, Vasilevski
Selke: Bergeron, Kopitar, Couturier

I figure Bergeron wins the Selke again, Vezina probably goes to Rinne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Lost Season posted:

Also, because I didn't see them mentioned:

Vezina: Rinne, Hellebuyck, Vasilevski
Selke: Bergeron, Kopitar, Couturier

I figure Bergeron wins the Selke again, Vezina probably goes to Rinne?

I think it'll be Kopitar. The Selke is such a crapshoot and sometimes points work against you but Kopitar also has the reputation as a good two way forward. Hard to say.

I think Hellebuyck wins the Vezina to be honest. He might not be the favorite, just a gut feeling.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 20, 2018

• Locked thread