Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alternately:
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/986682297771483136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fat is an insulator

Checks out

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It looks sunny out. Someone better put some sunscreen on Whitey McCracker's belly before it gets even more red!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

how many beers are at his feet

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

daddy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Something about baseball just brings out big dudes who want to go shirtless regardless of the weather.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

Something about baseball just brings out big dudes who want to go shirtless regardless of the weather.

Chris Christie looking good.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
See that one has the protective sheen of a good coating of sunscreen.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

seiferguy posted:

Retractable roofs own
this guy gets it

and this guy is my spirit animal

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

Jose Bautista signs with the Braves...on a minor league deal...to play 3B. :what:

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/986648112176484352

makes sense, its an alex anthopoulos decision after all. give the guy another shot, see what he can do. AA has seen what he can bring to a team when he's on. also he played 3rd a bunch for the jays he's not bad.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Chris Christie looking good.

Bartolo taking advantage of his 4 days rest.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#pitch-velo

Going to need a "Hicks Filter" soon. :getin:

(Until Matheny breaks him)

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 18, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

assuming Jose is still in the majors come June, looks like I'm going to some random rear end Tuesday Jays game against the Braves.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Uh
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/986704560822644738

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Welp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As much as my instincts tell me they deserve it, to avoid Yankee Fan Heart Attacks I feel obligated to point out this is talking about Anibal Sanchez and not Gary

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

Allow me to tip the scales a bit then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/

Always great quality streams available, somehow MORE live than mlb.tv, users will try to include streaming for all platforms (if you don't find one that works in the op, read down the thread) and, last but not least, you can practice your best cackle while the commentators read their broadcasting fine print in the 8th inning.

But yeah, for all the bitching I do in the canadian internet thread I give Rogers way too much of my money.

Well, they don't have a working non-Facebook HTML5 link for the Jays game. :reject:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

As much as my instincts tell me they deserve it, to avoid Yankee Fan Heart Attacks I feel obligated to point out this is talking about Anibal Sanchez and not Gary

Hey Yankee fans, that Judge guy died on Monday.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

Allow me to tip the scales a bit then:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/

Always great quality streams available, somehow MORE live than mlb.tv, users will try to include streaming for all platforms (if you don't find one that works in the op, read down the thread) and, last but not least, you can practice your best cackle while the commentators read their broadcasting fine print in the 8th inning.

But yeah, for all the bitching I do in the canadian internet thread I give Rogers way too much of my money.

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Well, they don't have a working non-Facebook HTML5 link for the Jays game. :reject:

Found a low-res one, an alternate feed from one of their links.

Regardless of the quality, they should've had a direct link to it.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Roofs don't belong in baseball.

An older guy I know said when he was a kid they started later and played more scheduled double headers. Maybe we should unban amphetamines and get back to that.

Doubleheaders are good and there should be more in baseball. Especially in the Summer.

Would it be bad to have a doubleheader every Sunday in the Summer? Expand the rosters to 26 for the season, make it 27 when there is a doubleheader. Start the season a week later and end it a week earlier.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

bawfuls posted:

This dude had a whole section to himself because everyone else was like nope

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
N: Kansas City is 0-13 when the opposing team scores a run.

V: Contract the Royals.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't hate the facebook game as much as I thought I would. If you don't have a chromecast or similar device it would be very frustrating, though. The social media stuff was not as obnoxious as I feared it would be, and while it was still definitely obnoxious it was still better than commercials. The in-game interviews went on way too long but other than that it was a decent effort. I'd watch another one.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Patrick Spens posted:

N: Kansas City is 0-13 when the opposing team scores a run.

V: Contract the Royals.

An optimist would say the Royals are undefeated in games where the opposing team doesn't score any runs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays are on pace to score 981 runs.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lol, Eric Thames finally remembered the reds are a bad team and decided to crush some dong bombs off them. Also scooter bounced a ball off the miller park roof somehow.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Reds seriously look like they could put together one of the all-time worst seasons at this point. Maybe the Royals too, but I haven't watched them this year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

Maybe the Royals too, but I haven't watched them this year.

Having just watched 3 games, they are real real bad.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love when my team occasionally plays baseball

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

bawfuls posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

As a fellow large hairy dude I feel a kinship with this man.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

cis autodrag posted:

Lol, Eric Thames finally remembered the reds are a bad team and decided to crush some dong bombs off them. Also scooter bounced a ball off the miller park roof somehow.

Where did Scooter loving Gennett find power all of a sudden?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Where did Scooter loving Gennett find power all of a sudden?

someone hasn't had to sit through 'A now from the MLB.com archives' in between innings on MLB.tv or else you'd know of this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOu0mHBjxfE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

someone hasn't had to sit through 'A now from the MLB.com archives' in between innings on MLB.tv or else you'd know of this clip

whatever happened to HEY UMP

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Waffles Inc. posted:

Speaking of, if I have to listen to Brennaman "interview" that loving bird one more time. :argh:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

i love when my team occasionally plays baseball

It's still spring training right?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

The A’s are bad but also fun and good. That is all.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Senf posted:

The A’s are bad but also fun and good. That is all.

That walk-off "celebration" was the most exhausted, perfunctory thing I've ever seen, I loved it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Speaking of, if I have to listen to Brennaman "interview" that loving bird one more time. :argh:

"chillin, just chillin!"

:fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Looking forward to Jeter being heralded as a genius at the end of the year when Stanton ends up being a 1.0 WAR player and Miami is only the sixth worst team in baseball

• Locked thread