Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

pienipple posted:

Stop eating charcoal, that's not food.

That's like, the opposite of food.

Um excuse me but there's nothing better than eating the cooled coals of a campfire for breakfast the next morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/218351/eye-of-round-steak-and-ketchup/

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Um excuse me but there's nothing better than eating the cooled coals of a campfire for breakfast the next morning

Modernist cuisine has a recipe that ends up looking like campfire ashes.

Also potatoes that look like pebbles.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Double Agent posted:

I'll be honest, I was scrolling backwards through the thread and saw the block of wood first and thought that was what the sign was advertising.

Same.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Someone write cheesemaker erotica about those two goons plz

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Someone write cheesemaker erotica about those two goons plz

I’m so havarti baby

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

You can eat activated charcoal if you have consumed some sort of poison. Like any of the food in this thread.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dewgy posted:

I’ve had hot Mountain Dew before, from a sealed can I found cleaning out my car on a summer afternoon.

I can’t say it was horrible, just more... confusing. Piping hot sweet citrus and carbonation basically made no sense at all to my brain and it felt vaguely like my mouth fell asleep.

Longtime lurker and just wanted to chime in on this post.

I drove cross country in 2004, through Utah, and had the bad luck to stay at the single worst motel I have ever seen. I did not sleep but ended up leaving the place at 4 AM.

I bought a liter of Mountain Dew Code Red and had it in the car for the rest of the day. This was July. It was 110 degrees. It tastes like boiled sweat socks full of Skittles and I couldn't stop drinking because I was in the middle of nowhere, nodding off while driving, and there wasn't anywhere to pull off and nap in the car without being roasted alive.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

In Hong Kong they make ginger coke by boiling coke in a vat and adding ginger, so you can have a nice refreshing glass of steaming hot, flat coke as you walk around in the 120 degree and 200% humidity weather.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grand Fromage posted:

In Hong Kong they make ginger coke by boiling coke in a vat and adding ginger, so you can have a nice refreshing glass of steaming hot, flat coke as you walk around in the 120 degree and 200% humidity weather.

This reminds me of that horrible pepsi with ginger they had a few months back. It was like it couldnt decide between being raw ginger and candied ginger and instead was a putrescent liquefied santorum bottle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tashilicious posted:

This reminds me of that horrible pepsi with ginger they had a few months back. It was like it couldnt decide between being raw ginger and candied ginger and instead was a putrescent liquefied santorum bottle.

but Pepsi is already liquefied santorum in a bottle :confused:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/jkaXZ0c.mp4

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hot

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

but Pepsi is already liquefied santorum in a bottle :confused:

this had putrescence added.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bike tory posted:

I mean, have you tried Japanese mayo?
I have. I bought it because of how people go on about how different/great it is. It's just mayonnaise. It tastes like mayonnaise. :shrug:

Development posted:

pizza hut japan...avocado...egg...

Looks at least 100 times better than anything Pizza Hut sells in Australia.

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Samizdata posted:

You say "a man", but what you really mean is a digestive legend. He embodies your avvie text.

If I were to open a can of 120-year old mystery meat, I would certainly not have the balls to wear a "Clean Plate Club" t-shirt while doing it. That man is a legend.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Arivia posted:

I’m so havarti baby

They like Edam each other out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tashilicious posted:

this had putrescence added.

Still sounds like Pepsi to me

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
This reminds me of the pork roast my grandma made one time. Standard pork shoulder you'd get at any meat counter, but she put it in the pressure cooker with equal parts ketchup & soy sauce and then maybe 1/4c water. It was a great food if you were looking for a way to cure your life-threatening sodium deficiency!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Here's a man eating a British ration from the Second Boer War. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoHuMwZwTk

He probably shouldn't have had the heat all the way up for an hour. Probably would've tasted less terrible if it was more of a soup and less of a porridge.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I tried a Japanese peach Coca-Cola that I got when I was buying a lottery ticket at a nearby Asian grocer. It was OK, but disturbingly like eating those fuzzy peach gummies while drinking a Coke.

Also it's taken me three days to drink because of how sweet it is.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Don't doxx me

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dinner I made for my client on a Gamebryo plate may be AFPish.

It's salmon quiche with avocado, green onion, and mozzerella.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Apr 19, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Scathach posted:

Dinner I made for my client on a Gamebryo plate may be AFPish.

It looks like a good quiche, even if it's not my speed but what is a Gamebryo plate?

Because all I can think of is a plate that, once you set it down, vibrates wildly for several minutes before shooting off at a million miles per hour in a direction and destroys reality and you have to do a fresh install.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hahaha holy poo poo I was thinking shiny like Oblivion. But yeah besides being hella green and also quite shiny (cheese/milk/butter fat) it was delicious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

deconstructed vegemite toast

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Synthbuttrange posted:

Reminded me of the existence of this site http://wewantplates.com/

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

angerbeet posted:

I tried a Japanese peach Coca-Cola that I got when I was buying a lottery ticket at a nearby Asian grocer. It was OK, but disturbingly like eating those fuzzy peach gummies while drinking a Coke.

Also it's taken me three days to drink because of how sweet it is.
They have full-on American peach Coca-Cola now. Raspberry, too, though I've only seen peach up here in MI.

https://us.coca-cola.com/coca-cola-local-flavors/

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Hirayuki posted:

They have full-on American peach Coca-Cola now. Raspberry, too, though I've only seen peach up here in MI.

https://us.coca-cola.com/coca-cola-local-flavors/

Peach soda is a thing. Nehi and Faygo both have neon yellow-pink soda they sell as peach. It is basically syurp.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm the revolting skidmark

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
If you go to a restaurant with one of those "Cola-Cola Freestyle" machines, there's usually every flavor you can imagine, and some you wish you hadn't.

Peach Root Beer? I think the gently caress not, thank you v.much

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

If you go to a restaurant with one of those "Cola-Cola Freestyle" machines, there's usually every flavor you can imagine, and some you wish you hadn't.

I doubt your commitment to the AFP thread. Did you at least take a sip?

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Zipperelli. posted:

I always hesitate whenever I go to the movie theatres and see those. I tried some sort of grape drank with coke and it wasn't so bad tbh

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Development posted:

I always hesitate whenever I go to the movie theatres and see those. I tried some sort of grape drank with coke and it wasn't so bad tbh

Orange also goes well with Coke, and similarly Strawberry goes pretty well with Dr Pepper

Development
Jun 2, 2016

drrockso20 posted:

Orange also goes well with Coke, and similarly Strawberry goes pretty well with Dr Pepper

I kinda wanna try a vanilla strawberry coke...I imagine it would taste like a strawberry campino candy

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Apparently, for any flavored Coke, those machines actually use Coke Zero because the flavoring has sugar in it. This makes it taste like rear end compared to the pre-made stuff in supermarkets and Subways or the flavors you can get at Sonic, 7-Eleven, and OnCue. They also only have about two flavors for Dr. Pepper for that reason (and they don’t own Dr. Pepper, so they don’t give a poo poo).

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

You'd probably have to do some software modifications, but just imagine the suicider you could get one of those machines to do.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

rndmnmbr posted:

You'd probably have to do some software modifications, but just imagine the suicider you could get one of those machines to do.

HACK THE GIB....Eerm...COKESON!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Synthbuttrange posted:

Before my dog died she left a smear on the porch that looked just like that

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Samizdata posted:

I doubt your commitment to the AFP thread. Did you at least take a sip?

Never doubt my commitment, as I've made some disgusting food and shared it with you all. As far as the taste, ofc I tried it. It was horrible.