Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What's the deal with the ac/dc hadouken? I forgot that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Me, I love the goons eating dog food thread.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I’m partial tot he dry aging meat thread where the goon was trying, and spectacularly failing, to dry age the severed leg of a dead hitchhiker.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I’m partial tot he dry aging meat thread where the goon was trying, and spectacularly failing, to dry age the severed leg of a dead hitchhiker.

what

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438423&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post432200869

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fartbox posted:

lol where the gently caress do you live you loving weirdo

you loving WEIRDO

The Netherlands. Seriously, the only other time I HAD to use a credit card was for a car rental insurance when abroad, and I ended up not getting it since I was mainly going to be in a big city with great public transportation. For everything else there is either my bank card, PayPal or iDeal (a payment system set up by Dutch banks). If I ever end up outside of Europe tho, I would probably need an actual credit card.

I guess it also helps that I've never been poor and forced to juggle credit cards to pay things off.

Montalvo posted:

I love that thread in the drug forum where some idiots discover a Russian benzo (and call it the juice) that is cheap and works in microgran doses. Thread is full of goons eyeballing doses of mg, obviously failing, and tripping for literally a week or more.

I seriously hope there never was a thread like that for Russia's favorite drug. "The Gang Discovers Krokodil".

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Apr 19, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mierenneuker posted:

The Netherlands. Seriously, the only other time I HAD to use a credit card was for a car rental insurance when abroad, and I ended up not getting it since I was mainly going to be in a big city with great public transportation. For everything else there is either my bank card, PayPal or iDeal (a payment system set up by Dutch banks). If I ever end up outside of Europe tho, I would probably need an actual credit card.

I guess it also helps that I've never been poor and forced to juggle credit cards to pay things off.

I seriously hope there never was a thread like that for Russia's favorite drug. "The Gang Discovers Krokodil".

"A goon eyeballs the krok."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Honestly, if not for Steam I probably wouldn't have a credit card either.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Elysiume posted:

I had to convince my mom that no, it wasn't going to bill every month, because I didn't have a credit card of my own in 2009.

Your mom sounds cool.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mierenneuker posted:

I wasn't commenting that you didn't have a credit card but that you wanted to make an account so much you made some sort of virtual card to pay for it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

Im pretty sure that never happened. People kept passing around the eyeball story yet no one can dig up the actual post. It was first people who didnt realize it was an expression and thought people were injecting it into their eyeballs, then people believing others were so stupid they didnt realize it was an expression and actually tried it literally.

TCC has enough wild poo poo without adding to the legend.

IIRC several people in the thread talked about eyeballing a dose, then one guy was confused and posted something like "I've never done it that way, do you just pour it into your eye or what?" and everyone started mocking him and the story gradually became that all the TCC goons were injecting drugs into their eyes chasing the ultimate high.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I have read that reference like fifty times and I still have no idea what an "ac/dc hadouken" is supposed to be.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In residency I admitted a young guy to the ICU who appeared overdosed on something we could not figure out. He was in a legit coma for over a week initially on a ventilator requiring quite a bit of life support. We extubated him after a couple days and he just remained in a coma, asleep, breathing on his own and completely unrousable. The toxicologist figures out it was phenazepam. He suddenly one day woke up, got super raged and yanked all his lines out and left AMA. It was... interesting. To say the least. Don’t do that stuff ever my good goons.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Cannot wait for tomorrow's memes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My favorite SA story is the guy a few years ago who was going to hike across the US to ~*raise awareness*~ for mental illness, using a bike trailer baby carriage to carry all his stuff. He made it about an hour into a park outside San Francisco before giving up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Enjoy tomorrow's memes, today!

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Credit cards is the main payment tool here in Stockholm, cash is quickly becoming obsolete

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Calaveron posted:

Inject this Muerte story directly into your veins as a hold-me-over.

Fister Roboto posted:

My favorite SA story is the guy a few years ago who was going to hike across the US to ~*raise awareness*~ for mental illness, using a bike trailer baby carriage to carry all his stuff. He made it about an hour into a park outside San Francisco before giving up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Fister Roboto posted:

This was, actually, the best thing I’ve read here in a long time. loving amazing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Zybourne, Doobie, Groverhaus, Mr. Water, Killdozer, the zipline, Infrateal vs Heebie-GBS, "just take LSD", the watch and weight low carb thread where a 19 year old ended up on statins, and the Hawaiian goon colony that had its tree remover stolen because they tied it to a tree, etc., should all be curated in a special Required Reading section of SA.

I'm familiar with all of these but Mr. Water

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

I have read that reference like fifty times and I still have no idea what an "ac/dc hadouken" is supposed to be.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think a goon left their pet chicken (or some other pet? I may be conflating stories) too close to an electric heater and it died.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Jmcrofts posted:

I think a goon left their pet chicken (or some other pet? I may be conflating stories) too close to an electric heater and it died.

It was a pet bird, but not a chicken. The chicken part comes from the same mod probating somebody for asking a question about chickens in the chicken thread.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Okay but I don't understand why that is called an "ac/dc hadouken"

Video game goons are the worst

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I believe the heater story was like a parakeet type bird. The other half of the story was 'probating people for asking questions about chickens in the chicken thread' that you might be thinking of.

it was less about specifically killing a bird and more that people were sick of their moderating that people latched onto it, I think

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Fartbox posted:

Credit cards is the main payment tool here in Stockholm, cash is quickly becoming obsolete

I find the most economic part of a Stockholm is the credit cards.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sagebrush posted:

Okay but I don't understand why that is called an "ac/dc hadouken"

Video game goons are the worst

A hadouken is the phrase yelled by Ryu and Ken from Capcoms Street Fighter franchise when they perform their trademark fireball move. I hope this helps.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
JoeyVapes was the name of the goon who authored all of the motel horror stories. I just remembered that for some reason

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oldpainless posted:

A hadouken is the phrase yelled by Ryu and Ken from Capcoms Street Fighter franchise when they perform their trademark fireball move. I hope this helps.

Yeah I get that.

Placing a bird cage beside a heater is not really the same thing as shooting a magic fireball from your hands and the AC DC part is a non sequitur. it's a terrible, useless analogy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

holy poo poo

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah I get that.

Placing a bird cage beside a heater is not really the same thing as shooting a magic fireball from your hands and the AC DC part is a non sequitur. it's a terrible, useless analogy.

Oh, I always just assumed he tased animals while yelling Hadouken.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Was this the guy who bridge-burn-quit his lucrative job without warning or consulting anyone to do this, and then his planned route took him through New Mexico and Texas in July and August? And then ignored everyone who said "the only awareness you'll be raising will be that of the coyotes that strew your sun-bleached bones across the prairie"?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
here's the Muerte thread, if anyone's curious: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Blind Rasputin posted:

In residency I admitted a young guy to the ICU who appeared overdosed on something we could not figure out. He was in a legit coma for over a week initially on a ventilator requiring quite a bit of life support. We extubated him after a couple days and he just remained in a coma, asleep, breathing on his own and completely unrousable. The toxicologist figures out it was phenazepam. He suddenly one day woke up, got super raged and yanked all his lines out and left AMA. It was... interesting. To say the least. Don’t do that stuff ever my good goons.

I liked the explanation that "it's like the Ocarina of Time from Zelda, except it transports you to the hospital"

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

this thread is "old" enough that gunchicka posts in it :eyepop:

china bot has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Apr 19, 2018

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
reminder that slenderman originated here, and that poo poo actually got someone murdered

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Un chien andalou posted:

reminder that slenderman originated here, and that poo poo actually got someone murdered

Wasn’t that only attempted murder?

E: but puckins definitely was murder

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has Muerte ever come back?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I liked the explanation that "it's like the Ocarina of Time from Zelda, except it transports you to the hospital"

that was a different drug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

shelley posted:

that was a different drug

And it wasn't from Something Awful

it's a great quote tho