Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

did they just reuse the old sprite assets or is it hideous 3d models e: of course its hideous 3d models why did i ask ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

did they just reuse the old sprite assets or is it hideous 3d models e: of course its hideous 3d models why did i ask ffs

The team behind it has apparently been merged into the Dead Rising team. Considering the gradual degradation of quality since Dead Rising 2, I can only hope they're updating their CVs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They announced in february that capcom vancouver and its dead rising property were refocusing towards less ambitious games.

They laid off a ton of staff and claim the next DR game will be smaller in scope which idk how thats possible when dr4 had like zero scope to begin with

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

They announced in february that capcom vancouver and its dead rising property were refocusing towards less ambitious games.

They laid off a ton of staff and claim the next DR game will be smaller in scope which idk how thats possible when dr4 had like zero scope to begin with

I didn't even remember there WAS a Dead Rising 4

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i feel like by "smaller in scope" they don't mean literally smaller games, just less crazy wheel-reinventing. if we see a DR5 it'll probably be basically DR2:OTR but with a graphical upgrade and a new map.

e: like, i think capcom's smart enough, even in spite of their foibles, to realize that the first 2 DR games and OTR are pretty well-liked. 3 is where the wheels start coming off. they could make a "smaller in scope" game by literally just digging up DR2:OTR or DR1 HD's source code and making new assets for the same engine and underlying mechanics.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 20, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I took it to mean phone game

If they want to save the series they should send it back to japan and have the RE or MH teams make it cause nobody else in capcom can make a quality game anymore

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i thought every single mechanical change they made to ios puzzle fighter made the game a million times worse than regular rear end puzzle fighter, it looking and sounding like poo poo was just a fun bonus. good riddance

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Kins posted:

The team behind it has apparently been merged into the Dead Rising team. Considering the gradual degradation of quality since Dead Rising 2, I can only hope they're updating their CVs.

ryu's biceps is fusing with his jaw

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i feel like by "smaller in scope" they don't mean literally smaller games, just less crazy wheel-reinventing. if we see a DR5 it'll probably be basically DR2:OTR but with a graphical upgrade and a new map.

e: like, i think capcom's smart enough, even in spite of their foibles, to realize that the first 2 DR games and OTR are pretty well-liked. 3 is where the wheels start coming off. they could make a "smaller in scope" game by literally just digging up DR2:OTR or DR1 HD's source code and making new assets for the same engine and underlying mechanics.

it means a game with less deliverables/features

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dear Yoshimitsu:
The following analysis describes a few qualities of your name. There are many additional factors (legal name, nicknames, family surname, combined names, previous names, and business signature) that contribute to your entire personality - and your entire life.

Yoshimitsu

Your name of Yoshimitsu has many sterling qualities but does not give you an overall stability. You do everything with an intensity to the point of fervour, and either you feel tremendous elation or you are in the depths of despair. People often disappoint you because you are idealistic and are apt to place those whom you admire on a pedestal. Then you become disillusioned when they fall short of your expectations. You are quick mentally and like to see things moving at an accelerated pace. Patience is not one of your virtues; you want to move when the impulse strikes you. While such spontaneity is fine at times, you must take account of conditions and employ careful analysis so as to avoid disastrous results such as accidents due to hasty actions. Most things you do, you do well, but as soon as the task, hobby, or job becomes familiar or routine, you are bored and crave a change. Travel and new horizons ever intrigue you, but your hunger for greener fields is insatiable, and so you do not experience contentment and peace of mind. There is such a driving power within you that, you cannot find an outlet or if your actions are thwarted in some way, you feel the reaction through extreme tension in the region of your solar plexus. The intensity and consequent outbursts leave hurt feelings in their wake, usually involving those closest to you. Any weakness in your health would result from your sensitive and high-strung nature in stomach disorders such as nervous indigestion or ulcers.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jesus, it's like Stevie Wonder is their art director.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Crackbone posted:

Jesus, it's like Stevie Wonder is their art director.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cursed x

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
so what made Puzzle Fighter P2W bullshit bad?

never played it because I knew better than to trust a mobile Capcom game, but I am curious.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Puzzle games don't need health bars.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Shoenin posted:

so what made Puzzle Fighter P2W bullshit bad?

never played it because I knew better than to trust a mobile Capcom game, but I am curious.

You literally levelled up your characters moves to make them deal more damage to the opponents health bar and spending more money on the in app currency made that a lot easier. The game was more focused on hitting the other persons health bar than dropping gems on them.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

why do dante and dan have colored outlines and everybody else has lovely sg/newgrounds outlines?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The whole idea is that the puzzle window *is* your health bar, how could they have hosed this up even worse

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they locked counter gems behind leveling your guys up or playing enough matches or something too. it was literally just doing puzzle next to each other until one of your health bars drained for the first like 100 matches or whatever

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

anime was right posted:

it means a game with less deliverables/features

I don't even know what's left to cut after DR4, it feels like a Russian total conversion mode for DR3 and is missing most of the poo poo that made those games unique and they made you pay $10 to see the ending.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't even know what's left to cut after DR4, it feels like a Russian total conversion mode for DR3 and is missing most of the poo poo that made those games unique and they made you pay $10 to see the ending.
They'll go the Dead Rising Wii route and just pay TOSE to make a TC for RE7.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'd rather pay Chop Til You Drop than DR4, no joke.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lk6gs8cYSc
GG Xrd from the wrong camera angle is hilarious.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

Oh God this thing is Cross Assault all over again

e: okay maybe not, no one is as awkward as the Capcom guy in CA

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 21, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MrJacobs posted:

Why does the Frankenstein monster have a hammer and gun? He should just throw little girls at enemies and bear hug them.

He's called Frankenstein, but for some reason he reads like Hellboy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/degica-sale/

Koihime Enbu (good game), Senko no Ronde 2 (good weird game with the worst netcode in the world) and Blade Arcus (dishwater) are all on sale.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/988778381817860100?s=19

Why

Parachute
May 18, 2003
it's the best guilty gear.....

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why switch

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Switch is a popular and convenient platform and Switch owners will buy it even if it's not optimal and even if it's something they already own on other platforms.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hopefully it's like USF2 and they include a lovely unreal engine motion based minigame where you throw both your arms back and scream to dragon install

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ill buy it

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
As someone who doesn't play on stick, dpad options on the Switch are terrible. Still gonna pick this up anyways...

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

they probably want to build some internal expertise with switch and porting an old game that won't require as much optimization or as big of a team as XRD is a good way to go about it while still releasing something they can sell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lamentable dustman posted:

they probably want to build some internal expertise with switch and porting an old game that won't require as much optimization or as big of a team as XRD is a good way to go about it while still releasing something they can sell

They are already doing bbxtb on switch. If they wanted useful experience they would port something on unreal engine since thats their main tool now. Japanese market probably wants this classic game

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

MohShuvuu posted:

As someone who doesn't play on stick, dpad options on the Switch are terrible. Still gonna pick this up anyways...

Are there no decent 3rd party pro controllers?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There are. I just use a brooks usb converter tho

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
there are but they are wonky. the switch pro controller has a poo poo dpad. there is a switch hrap though

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I mean if the port is actually good then I'll buy it.

It's just confusing cause like

"Hey Arcsys, can you give +R ggpo? Or at least port it to PS4?"

"Okay fine guys, we'll port it to switch"

If switch money gives arcsys money to invest in either of those then that'd be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Melty on Switch would be convenient, you could do pools in the elevator, or just one toilet stall.