Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the original slate grey or whatever they called it was apparently not resilient enough to scuffs and scratches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ditch the chamfered edge and it is magically a smaller iphone 7 and thus perfect because that was the real issue in that dings were easy to see from any angle

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

THC posted:

the other day I decided to wear my wired earphones for a change and the cord got snagged on some lady’s purse while I was getting on the train lol. never again.

running the cord in your shirt should be common practice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dongslayer. posted:

running the cord in your shirt should be common practice

thats what i used to do when i was working in a spray booth but having the option to negate it completely is nice

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
in 15 or so years of walking around wearing wired earbuds the wires have been a problem for me exactly zero times

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Plorkyeran posted:

in 15 or so years of walking around wearing wired earbuds the wires have been a problem for me exactly zero times

yes, but you're not a steve urkel level comedic dork

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the very real people in this thread that live daily lives like the black and white hard way in infomercials

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

graph posted:

tim

what the gently caress are you doing

apple has always strived to be a bone fide luxury brand and now they are slowly disappearing up their own rear end in this pursuit. if tim's still around for another decade we're gonna end up seeing vertu levels of bullshit.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

SO DEMANDING posted:

apple has always strived to be a bone fide luxury brand and now they are slowly disappearing up their own rear end in this pursuit. if tim's still around for another decade we're gonna end up seeing vertu levels of bullshit.

na vertu may have had great margins but when you go that expensive you lose mass market appeal and that doesn't support the bigger efforts apple does like designing full custom socs, i'd say apple wants to remain a premium consumer brand because that keeps more money flowing in overall

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

the very real people in this thread that live daily lives like the black and white hard way in infomercials

I still use wired earbuds but I’ve started noticing how tangled they get when they’re in my pocket and now every time I take them out it’s literally “there has to be a better way”

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yep, gently caress untangling cords, snagging them on branches and door levers, and lmfao at jamming a cord down your shirt like youre a wired secret agent. esp when youre at the gym and sweating

jogging and exercising with airpods or any wireless headphones on is a treat. if youre active at any level you will understand this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

"pfff ive never had a cord get caught or tangled up somewhere, but then again i only move my body a few inches per hour"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
You can take my corded studio monitors out of my cold dead hands.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I switched to Bluetooth years ago and absolutely love it. The biggest problem is sometimes my headphones say they’re connected before my phone thinks they are so a few seconds of audio goes out from my phone. It’s always when I’m on the elevator leaving my apartment and it’s always when I do something stupid like hit shuffle on a One Hit Wonders playlist. There’s at least one dude who lives above me who thinks I start my morning with ‘Barbie Girl’.

Not having a headphone jack is a bummer though. Mostly in rental cars/limos/etc. that I’m sure as poo poo not going to connect to with Bluetooth.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

When I got my iPhone 8 I once had to make a phone call so I put on my nice wired headphones and was immediately owned by the fact that the very useful headphone jack was missing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

tk posted:

I switched to Bluetooth years ago and absolutely love it. The biggest problem is sometimes my headphones say they’re connected before my phone thinks they are so a few seconds of audio goes out from my phone. It’s always when I’m on the elevator leaving my apartment and it’s always when I do something stupid like hit shuffle on a One Hit Wonders playlist. There’s at least one dude who lives above me who thinks I start my morning with ‘Barbie Girl’.

Not having a headphone jack is a bummer though. Mostly in rental cars/limos/etc. that I’m sure as poo poo not going to connect to with Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is dogshit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

akadajet posted:

When I got my iPhone 8 I once had to make a phone call so I put on my nice wired headphones and was immediately owned by the fact that the very useful headphone jack was missing.

you need a dongle for your head phones! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HRYAP1K

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It might be the alcohol talking, but there's literally no excuse for not owning AirPods.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
besides like, not having the money.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

It might be the alcohol talking, but there's literally no excuse for not owning AirPods.

i have troubles losing my one piece plantronics fitbeats (have found them as many times as i've lost them so far)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they are so good

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

they are so good

I bought a pair for MY GIRLFRIEND last August and she loves them. I was fine with some wired earbuds I was using but borrowed them for an hour walk today and they indeed own. Getting a pair tomorrow.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

why can't it be the 5!!?
:(

5 graphite crew

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Linguica posted:

the original slate grey or whatever they called it was apparently not resilient enough to scuffs and scratches

my 5 has always been naked and is pristine minus one drop dent

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ear buds give me ear infections. I have to wear around ear full cans.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

graph posted:

my 5 has always been naked and is pristine minus one drop dent

I don't understand how people constantly break their phones. If it's safe in the phone pocket of your purse there's no reason for it to be all scratched and cracked and dented.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i should take photos of it tbh

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

one of the edges of my 5 was a bit scuffed but otherwise it was in great shape. gave it to my mom when i got the se. still truckin, a good phone.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

I don't understand how people constantly break their phones. If it's safe in the phone pocket of your purse there's no reason for it to be all scratched and cracked and dented.

attach a wire between it and your head like an idiot and look at go

physics in action

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

syscall girl posted:

attach a wire between it and your head like an idiot and look at go

physics in action

Why would I do that? I don't need to be isolated from the outside world by nonstop music when I'm at the grocery store or whatever. I only use headphones at my desk or in bed. Or at the gym I guess.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the excuse is that they're poo poo garbage for gently caress idiots

lol airbuds

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

the excuse is that they're poo poo garbage for gently caress idiots

lol airbuds

yeah but you can get them in beats

damnit timb you'll do for Dre what you did for youtoo

this will end in tears

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i had to get a wireless charger for my phone so i can use wired headphones and not have my phone go dead at work

peak dongle

where the gently caress is my airpower qi thingy tim its been 7 months

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jony neuemonic posted:

one of the edges of my 5 was a bit scuffed but otherwise it was in great shape. gave it to my mom when i got the se. still truckin, a good phone.

same and my dad put it in a nice case when I gave it to him, then when I gave him my old 6 he gave it back and it was still great with a bonus glass screen protector because he takes good care of things

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208312

gently caress you tim if i paid 20 bucks for mac os server its because i cant figure out how to set up openvpn on my own

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cis autodrag posted:

Ear buds give me ear infections. I have to wear around ear full cans.

goon doesn’t bathe news at 11

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

bump_fn posted:

goon doesn’t bathe news at 11

Lol seriously how hosed is your hygene that you get an infection from using earbuds?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Bluetooth is dogshit lossy garbage, enjoy charging your headphones LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I’d buy AirPod but work in an open plan office and need something that will block out that cacophonous piss