Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

basic hitler posted:

The herbert estate is... Brian?

I gotta say I want to just distribute illegal copies of Frank's work just to spite that fucker. Especially if it's hurting nobody else

pay a fuckload of money just zeroxing copies , and handing them out
him and a few other people from what it looks like. the daughter from his frank herbert's first marriage and her family

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

him and a few other people from what it looks like. the daughter from his first marriage and her family

If there's anyone else in the world with authority over Dune and they aren't actively trying to get an injunction against Brian, they're just as guilty.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

MC Hawking posted:

I think my favorite thing totally glossed over is how freaking bad your junk would smell after a month in a still suit with a catheter shoved up in there. Fremen must reek.

From the top of the funk, you cannot smell the funk.

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

MC Hawking posted:

I think my favorite thing totally glossed over is how freaking bad your junk would smell after a month in a still suit with a catheter shoved up in there. Fremen must reek.

This just made me realize how loving rife Fremen populations must be with UTIs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hand me down stillsuit or.. death?

Hmm.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

its best not to think about the fact that in a stilsuit you have to be plugged up constantly for the efficient retention of moisture.

i wonder what the mechanics of feces handling is sometimes, like does a tube go up there you just poop into like a weird colostomy bag or do you go into a diaper that begins extracting moisture on contact

one requires getting used to your suit loving you in the rear end and the other means that if you poop too early on your trip from sietch tabr to arakeen you'll be waddling around without rhythm like you just sharted for a loooong time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i gotta admit, wearing a stillsuit sounds pretty nice. you gotta poo, you just poo

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Stillsuit cosplay x diaper fetishists

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I liked it better when I was under the assumption only spice was flowing

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah I liked it better when I was under the assumption only spice was flowing

With all the emphasis Herbert places on adapations such as a much larger than normal colon I doubt much of anything's flowing.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Milky Moor posted:

...what is the connection between paul_soccer10 and the spice?

paul_muadib?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Spinster posted:

paul_muadib?

:fremenpop:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Milky Moor posted:

:fremenpop:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dang

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i didn't make that

i think the smilies came from the jacurutu (or "cast out") forums, which is the forum for "orthodox herbertarians" banned from the official dune forums for making GBS threads on KJA and brian herbert too much

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

i didn't make that

i think the smilies came from the jacurutu (or "cast out") forums, which is the forum for "orthodox herbertarians" banned from the official dune forums for making GBS threads on KJA and brian herbert too much

That owns

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

i gotta admit, wearing a stillsuit sounds pretty nice. you gotta poo, you just poo

lmao if you can't say the same about any article of clothing you wear

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Communist Walrus posted:

lmao if you can't say the same about any article of clothing you wear
Not presently but when I hit 60, I'm pooping in some pants.

Hey, maybe when I'm 50. Or even 40.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
You know all those times in whenever someone is talking to a fremen and they just stare off into space?

Thats when theyre going in their stillsuits.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like this topic of discussion more than letos imperial hoveround

Although both are good.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Not presently but when I hit 60, I'm pooping in some pants.

Hey, maybe when I'm 50. Or even 40.

no time like the present, friend

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Well, it's mentioned that urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads, so I assumed you just poo poo down the legs of your suit.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

quote:

poop talk
Thank you for suspending my suspension of disbelief. You people are amazing.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Shaddak posted:

Well, it's mentioned that urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads, so I assumed you just poo poo down the legs of your suit.

yeah that sounds a lot better than having to plug in a loving catheter every time you wanna go outside

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I pictured it more like an astronaut toilet except it's the body's movement driving the suits suction that delicately pulls your poop and pee out of your body as soon as it's ready

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Yeah stillsuits run off pumps in the heels iirc so the faster you walk without rhythm the faster you suck the poo poo out of your rear end in a top hat

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Have Blue posted:

Yeah stillsuits run off pumps in the heels iirc so the faster you walk without rhythm the faster you suck the poo poo out of your rear end in a top hat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if walking with rhythm is like the badass teenage fremen counter-culture.

Or not pooping your pants

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fremen counter culture is tearing your way through the stars to slaughter heretics on salusa secundis

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Punk rear end Fremen kids chugging water and spilling it, complaining about how hot it is, using toilets instead of stillsuits (flushing twice sometimes!) as their grandparents look on amazed and disgusted.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I mean, hopefully they're not actually watching them in the bathroom but they notice when there's an uptick in their water bill.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I got stuck in the sphincter of my stilltent and the fremen kids just keep laughing and laughing at me

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

phasmid posted:

Punk rear end Fremen kids chugging water and spilling it, complaining about how hot it is, using toilets instead of stillsuits (flushing twice sometimes!) as their grandparents look on amazed and disgusted.

this p much happened in god emperor when duncan visited some fremens fancy house and the fremen was giving him poo poo about honouring the old ways and duncan rips the dudes shirt open to reveal some stillvest with no sleeves lol

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Would fremen count pissing on a grave as "giving water to the dead"?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Have Blue posted:

Would fremen count pissing on a grave as "giving water to the dead"?

Making water on the dead

Do fremen even have graves? Seems wasteful.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

post some cool dune arts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

post some cool dune arts

I made a book cover for a Photoshop thread like a decade ago that said NUDE and all the fremen were naked, but I can't find it now

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I made a book cover for a Photoshop thread like a decade ago that said NUDE and all the fremen were naked, but I can't find it now

sounds really cool, wish I could see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Do fremen even have graves? Seems wasteful.

Rereading children of dune and they mention 'deathstills' several times, I assume they're rendering the dead down for their water

Also there's mention of cloth woven from hair and leather bound (implied human) books so maybe there's a use for everything