Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Considering that people lurking your goddamn massive LP probably was worth a few dozen preorders, it's probably fair.

Omar_Comin posted:

HBS BattleTech: He, She, They

Best new title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I'm pre-loaded and all ready. From Sidestrafe's stream I'm not seeing many PPC and it really seems that AC10s are king, but I'll do my best to field as many PPCs mechs :hellyeah: and melee mechs :black101:* as I can!

*Why is there no Axeman in the game goddamn.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Omar_Comin posted:

There's nothing about that on the first dozen pages of the steam forums, it's all people being SO loving HYPE about the game, it's kind of adorable

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Omar_Comin posted:

I wonder if the furries in the battletech community are pissed HBS didn't include furkin as an option.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

sebmojo posted:

There's nothing about that on the first dozen pages of the steam forums, it's all people being SO loving HYPE about the game, it's kind of adorable

It won't last, enjoy it while it does

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eldragon posted:

I wonder if the furries in the battletech community are pissed HBS didn't include furkin as an option.

We need HBS to collect stats on just how many people name their merc company some version of ERIDANI LIGHT HORSE(s)

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

We currently have 31 sign-ups for the launch tourney! If you want to get in on it add your name and timezone to the list here!

Quick reminder of the rules:

1. Stock Mechs Only
2. 25 Million C-Bill Limit
3. This is a quickfire tournament, so you have 48 hours from the pairings being posted to organise and play your round.
4. Winner gets bragging rights

Sign-ups are open until I wake up hungover tomorrow! (24ish hours from this post!)

Due to the amount of sign-ups, I am going to try and setup the first few rounds so you are playing against people in a similar timezone.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 23, 2018

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Speaking of when are you going to post the brackets?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

We need HBS to collect stats on just how many people name their merc company some version of ERIDANI LIGHT HORSE(s)

Hmmm, Eriadni horse fuckers may be free though.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

:iia:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This... this happened yesterday in my game of Tabletop to an assault Battlemaster about to kill my medium Shadow Hawk. Machinegun ammo is a real fucker!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ratzap posted:

The Kookens Pleasure Pit Fat Horse shall ride upon the morrow.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Beat XCOM2 a couple hours ago and strongly considering seguing directly into BT.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

That Italian Guy posted:

By the way OP, you may want to add this to the first post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fnaqQv8nnYpy9gtQm75-D6fmYfNJ5u3OALSIe8ckOuo/edit#gid=1844655663

It's all the stats for all the mechs in the game, so don't open it if you don't want to get spoiled!

There's something like this linked in the 2nd post, and includes the prices of the Mechs as well. For PVP Lance theorycrafting purposes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Considering that people lurking your goddamn massive LP probably was worth a few dozen preorders, it's probably fair.

you earnt that bump like a motherfucker

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Psion posted:

this was 1989, I'm sure the implication was plaintext

oh I agree, it's just funny reading that even in the 90s when I could probably lose 750kb of drive capacity a day and not notice for weeks. Or that this was a huge trove out of the memory core which apparently was actually someone putting a new sticker on one of those AOL subscription floppies they used to mail out to everyone. It was just a computer reference that aged poorly, despite being technically plausible. So I find it pretty funny.

CAD's been around since at least the 60s. AutoCAD since the early 80s.

I know this because I am old :(

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Omar_Comin posted:

:five:

School Nickname posted:

I'm pre-loaded and all ready. From Sidestrafe's stream I'm not seeing many PPC and it really seems that AC10s are king, but I'll do my best to field as many PPCs mechs :hellyeah: and melee mechs :black101:* as I can!

AC10s are overrated IMO but people really like them for some reason. Beaglerush has a jagermech with 2xAC10 and nothing else and its :flaccid: level of damage output is only concealed by the fact that all his other mechs overheat super quickly. He does have a nice LRM boat now but it's a goddamn wolverine so it could be better, that extra movement is kind of wasted.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I was only vaguely aware of this game being a thing and just discovered it is being released tomorrow. Is it any good? I like big rear end robots, I like turn based tactical games, is this one any good if you don't know anything about Battletech? It's going to rain tomorrow and thursday and I need something to do.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Looks like it'll be good and streamers seem impressed but I don't know what the learning curve is like if you don't know your CN9-As from your AHs

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Congrats, if anyone deserves to play it early it's you, but at the same time, gently caress you because you're playing a game I want to play RIGHT FREAK'IN NOW. :negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Mech spoiler(?)

Did they say why the Marauder and Warhammer didn't make the cut? They're easily two of my favorites.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Mech spoiler(?)

Did they say why the Marauder and Warhammer didn't make the cut? They're easily two of my favorites.

HG reared their patent-troll head again.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Mech spoiler(?)

Lawsuit, which at least is well on the road to failure, but not fast enough for launch inclusion.

(There will definitely be day 1 mods to add them though).

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Taerkar posted:

Probably for the last time too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Taerkar posted:

they are probably hosed this time, though, but that remains to be seen (gently caress off harmony gold)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Getting dismissed with prejudice against HBS certainly bodes well for the future, but the real kicker is going to be what happens with PGI.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bongwizzard posted:

I was only vaguely aware of this game being a thing and just discovered it is being released tomorrow. Is it any good? I like big rear end robots, I like turn based tactical games, is this one any good if you don't know anything about Battletech? It's going to rain tomorrow and thursday and I need something to do.

Yeah it is looking really really good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ratzap posted:

Pence's Chosen

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Yeah I jumped on the pre-order train as well, only saw anything about it in the last week and it looks great. Was a 20% off pre-order on fanatical for the broke like me, have high hopes.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Fingers crossed I will have some news about prizes for the Launch Tourney later on today.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

So, yeah, this is a thing guys.

https://twitter.com/HBS_Kiva/status/988562365351321601

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Why'd you lock it down, isildur? I hope it's not gone, I was enjoying working through your game design musings and objectively correct opinions about Rolemaster.

e: actually, with a little more thought I can answer my own question. Everything will be ok :)

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 24, 2018

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread. I am buying this game. Should I buy standard or the digital deluxe edition? And is there a discount anywhere?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Grasshopper: top-tier punchbot

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImportantOilyDragonfruitYouDontSay

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Yeah it is looking really really good.

Sweet! Hope I can fit it on my old rear end HD!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The Digital Deluxe version gives you a pack of wallpapers, an Artbook PDF and a copy of the soundtrack (which absolutely owns). Up to you if that's worth $10 or not. WinGameStore has it for 10% off, so a $4 discount. Not aware of any others.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Was a 20% off pre-order on fanatical for the broke like me, have high hopes.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/battletech

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hopping on the "holy poo poo, this is a much bigger download than I expected for an indie game" train

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Speaking of old rear end computer equipment... my desktop recently melted down and the replacement hasn't yet arrived.

I have a pretty solid laptop though (i7-6650U w/16 gigs RAM). Should I be able to run this at low settings with Iris integrated graphics, or am I SOL until my new rig arrives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

So, I have a question or two. it may involve spoilers and/or questions for either people who have watched streams or background-logic about the game, but just in case, I figured I'd give it a heads up due to potential spoilers.

I've been trying to avoid having early bits ruined, but ended up poking into Coh's stream out of curiosity, at least for the tutorial mission, and poked around a bit for non-spoilery bits, the mechlab, interface, that sort of thing.

So, its left a few lingering curiosities.

1)At what point do you actually get the Argo to play around with? All my peeks just involved a leopard, and paying other people to ferry you around.

2) there was a little random event segment involving the banks that own/lease the dropships, and I really liked the discussion amongst the party about what to do about it.
It culminated in a choice about how to talk to/approach your loan agent, to sweet talk them or remind them of the law, or another option I forgot, but it sends a message back to your creditors and establishes a relationship about your loan status going forward.

But that decision point makes me wonder just how deep this game is going to be. So, I saw this happen and went 'huh'.

Is this event a trap option, in which the only right move is to remind the other party of their obligations, and the other two are worse?

Or Is this basically an easy/medium/hard mode check in disguise?

Is the logic tree behind the event savvy enough to handle a two-faced betrayal, where the banks go 'oh, someone is trying to sweet talk me, clearly they're desperate and about to default, lets play nice but assemble the repo party behind the scenes' and later, surprise visits?

How are the bounty hunter attacks handled? Obligatory missions, extra enemies? Random events? The clever player might go 'but I WANT extra enemies to shoot and salvage their stuff', making the challenge mode actually potentially more fun.

Are there follow up events that play off your previous decisions?

Tldr: is this a title that should be approached with real-world or video game know how? inquiring minds wish to know!