Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Synthbuttrange posted:

idk what clubs even do but it should be called Goon Fishin

Which game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Arcturas posted:

Anyone have a good iPhone game for a plane flight? Preferably one that doesn’t hijack my audio so I can still listen to trashy audiobooks? I have been playing a lot of Through the Ages recently. Got a little burned out on NecroDancer (and that game steals audio, obviously, even if you are playing Bard). I’ve played Hoplite to death. Don’t recall what else i have played recently since I deleted a lot of cruft, but i would appreciate advice.

Steamworld Heist got me thru some long flights

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Braincloud posted:

That was a pretty solid game. Sadly it’s done now.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Braincloud posted:

It’s an amazing game

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

Xcom is on sale :choco:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_X3tkFs-wE

anime fishing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

in game screenshot

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Battle for Polytopia is a great flight game as well, a little Civ-like

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Titty Fishing is actually pretty scarce when it comes to explaining the tactical details. I know anime fishing isn’t supposed to be X-Com: Tetra From the Deep when it comes to strategy, but some insight would still be appreciated. Like where, if anywhere, can you see your global stats (pulling force, base damage etc...) preferably with the details of how much every piece contributes? Does playing with the reel before hooking have any influence at all over which fish bites? If so, how do you make the fish you want to bite get the hook? What do the various bonus numbers actually mean, because 40% big fish for a perfect sure isn’t a 40% absolute chance of getting an A rating or above. That kind of stuff. Their site is as Engrish and vague as the in-game tutorial too. Maybe I’m expecting too much.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Titty Fishing is actually pretty scarce when it comes to explaining the tactical details. I know anime fishing isn’t supposed to be X-Com: Tetra From the Deep when it comes to strategy, but some insight would still be appreciated. Like where, if anywhere, can you see your global stats (pulling force, base damage etc...) preferably with the details of how much every piece contributes? Does playing with the reel before hooking have any influence at all over which fish bites? If so, how do you make the fish you want to bite get the hook? What do the various bonus numbers actually mean, because 40% big fish for a perfect sure isn’t a 40% absolute chance of getting an A rating or above. That kind of stuff. Their site is as Engrish and vague as the in-game tutorial too. Maybe I’m expecting too much.

Yeah it’s super confusing. I only realised today that if you shake off a biting fish (to try and hook a different one) it costs you fuel!!

I’ve got about a million boat parts but it really doesn’t explain how to use them for best effect.

When I auto selected anglers I still lost fish even though that was the setup the game suggested.

Still, I have a sexy lady angler who throws blue whales at fighting fish so it’s not all bad.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

For stats look for small circles with exclamation marks. Hold your finger on them for pop-ups with data.

Angler skills don't matter much, really. I mean they speed poo poo up, but if your basic pull is much weaker than the fish then skills with their long cooldown are not going to help when the fish goes berserk and decides to leave.
The passive bonuses are more important, as well as your level.

Each boat uses one set of parts. Others can be ground into fine paste and applied over the boat parts to upgrade them.

Once you hit location 4 (Amazon) you also get the option to upgrade anglers like boats, with gear pieces, but I think it gets complicated and there's crafting.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

webmeister posted:

Battle for Polytopia is a great flight game as well, a little Civ-like

If you know how people are getting those insane high scores, I can steamroll pretty well but don’t even come close.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AFAIK everything is thrown into one stat: Fishing mastery. Just make that number bigger. Second to that is tour effects which are by angler. The rarer the angler, the stronger the effect. i.e. Grimir gives +80% damage bonus. Bonuses in world tour dont stack, it just takes the highest.

Also this rear end in a top hat:

Gaukler posted:

Say hello to Benedict

his power is pretty useless 90% of the time, laying a landmine that expires in 2 seconds. The plus is that he gets to full power in like half the time of any other angler so I just keep him around to spam mines and interrupt fish. Wish the game would give me other anglers though.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’ve been getting weird ‘congrats google user, you have won a prize!’ pop ups in safari on my iPad since I installed that titty fishing game. Anyone else?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

monkeytennis posted:

I’ve been getting weird ‘congrats google user, you have won a prize!’ pop ups in safari on my iPad since I installed that titty fishing game. Anyone else?

clear your cache, you could have been "infected" by a bad ad anywhere on the internet (even by non-sketchy sites serving random google ads, sometimes that stuff still slips through)

edit: haven't played the fishing game so I can't say one way or another if it's a consistent source for those malicious ad cookies, but just saying it could have been from anywhere, even this site

goferchan fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 23, 2018

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

his power is pretty useless 90% of the time, laying a landmine that expires in 2 seconds. The plus is that he gets to full power in like half the time of any other angler so I just keep him around to spam mines and interrupt fish. Wish the game would give me other anglers though.

it’s basically a damage burst if you let the fish run into the mine (stop pulling when it’s facing that direction). it’s annoying that it’s time limited and that fish has to be going in that direction, but yeah it charges fast

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Fishing game sounds fun, what are the negatives? Energy system? F2P difficulties?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

big cummers ONLY posted:

Fishing game sounds fun, what are the negatives? Energy system? F2P difficulties?

It's pretty darn repetitive. I unlocked like 8 different anglers within the first few hours but it hasn't really made much of a difference at all.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
yeah it's fun for a few games at a time, but it's not something I'd play more than like ~15 minutes a day I think. there is an energy system but they gave out a bunch of free energy when I started so I'm still like 200 energy over the "limit" so I have no idea if that becomes a major issue later on.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I found the fishing game servers wouldn’t respond a lot of the time so I would lose progress, lame.

In other games I was enjoying Pluszle, sorta like sudoku but summing rows/columns. The payment structure is obnoxious though (subscription) and it doesn’t save games so if you are in the middle of a large size one and have to leave it for a bit you lose all progress on that puzzle and the ticket you spent to play. DOUBLE LAME.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anyone playing Sdorica? I like Rayark as a company and it's pretty generous with its f2p nature (no energy timers). It's got great music/art and a cool opening animation that reminds me of old ps1 JRPG intros, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGRO8tCBqs

I just don't know if it'll just boil down to the same hollow f2p nonsense that so many other grindy games end up being. I remember getting into that Kingdom Hearts game a bunch and it kinda feels like that again.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

gey muckle mowser posted:

there is an energy system but they gave out a bunch of free energy when I started so I'm still like 200 energy over the "limit" so I have no idea if that becomes a major issue later on.

Perhaps we are the fish with a hook in our mouths...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Anyone playing Sdorica? I like Rayark as a company and it's pretty generous with its f2p nature (no energy timers). It's got great music/art and a cool opening animation that reminds me of old ps1 JRPG intros, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktGRO8tCBqs

I just don't know if it'll just boil down to the same hollow f2p nonsense that so many other grindy games end up being. I remember getting into that Kingdom Hearts game a bunch and it kinda feels like that again.

I’m playing it. It’s actually pretty good. The animation and character designs are very good.

I really like the combat system too. It feels pretty unique.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Not sure the last time it's been asked. The last I could find was a year ago.

What are the latest recommendations for a long flight? Looking at about 40 hours of travel time coming up in the next couple weeks.

I have already played Steamworld Heist, FTL, King of Dragon's Pass, Solitarica, and Crashlands.

This will be on a 6S and an OG iPad Air.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 24, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
A book.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
The Bible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

goferchan posted:

clear your cache, you could have been "infected" by a bad ad anywhere on the internet (even by non-sketchy sites serving random google ads, sometimes that stuff still slips through)

edit: haven't played the fishing game so I can't say one way or another if it's a consistent source for those malicious ad cookies, but just saying it could have been from anywhere, even this site

It also doesn't help that apple doesn't allow browser addons, so websites get to fully abuse mobile visitors since they won't have blockers or noscript installed. Mobile browsing is like being back in the 90s.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It only just clicked for me that some of the legendary fish are not from this time period when I pulled up a dinosaur looking fucker.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

cryptoclastic posted:

What are the latest recommendations for a long flight? Looking at about 40 hours of travel time coming up in the next couple weeks.

I have already played Steamworld Heist, FTL, King of Dragon's Pass, Solitarica, and Crashlands.

Xcom.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Anyone planning to form a goon guild for Sdorica?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Evil Fluffy posted:

It also doesn't help that apple doesn't allow browser addons, so websites get to fully abuse mobile visitors since they won't have blockers or noscript installed. Mobile browsing is like being back in the 90s.

What?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

cryptoclastic posted:

Pretty sure this gets asked once a week.

Regardless 80 Days or Sorcery series.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cryptoclastic posted:

Nonograms Katana is my goto for plane time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

very bad chess

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
What's the one with the tits and the timers again?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

greasyhands posted:

mods, new thread title pls

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

greasyhands posted:

Pocket Tiddys

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nybble posted:

mods, new thread title pls

Not an empty quote, but seconding this.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Rakanakle posted:

The Bible.

The Holy Bible. Tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Safari fully supports "content blockers" on 64-bit devices, and has done since 2015. You can find these blockers on the app store. I personally use 1Blocker, but there are plenty of options out there.

I don't know about Chrome or other third-party browsers, though.