Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

the upside of Power Sho getting to show off in a singles environment outweights that tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey as long as he doesn't open his mouth, Flip can wrestle the other juniors all he wants.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

every time he's wrestled an NJPW guy they've not put up with his dumb poo poo, so if it's 7 straight matches of them not letting him do that kip up spot, I'll allow that.

Assuming it's 16 again, there's three surprises.

Also by the way, if you're in the UK and close to Rochester and you've always wanted to see Marufuji live, NOAH are teaming up with IPW:UK to do a show there.

https://twitter.com/IPWUK/status/988462417922404352

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 23, 2018

cams
Mar 28, 2003

push hiromu or we riot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Hey as long as he doesn't open his mouth, Flip can wrestle the other juniors all he wants.

i honestly don't like him as a wrestler. he makes flips look boring and he literally only does flips. if he faces ospreay it'll be pretty funny to watch will ospreay vs. lovely kmart will ospreay though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oh man that loving sucks. Sorry you have to watch a good, entertaining wrestler in a bunch of probably good, entertaining matches.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

shiksa posted:

i honestly don't like him as a wrestler. he makes flips look boring and he literally only does flips. if he faces ospreay it'll be pretty funny to watch will ospreay vs. lovely kmart will ospreay though.

Yeah I'm fine with flippy wrestlers. I enjoy cool poo poo. But nothing Flip does looks even remotely realistic. It's literally people standing around waiting for him to flip at them.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I dread having to listen to FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP GORDOOON a million times

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

You have a tournament that involves Kanemaru and you complain about Flip? At least Flip has something going for him (getting kicked by his opponents when he tries to show off), what does Kanemaru do other than spit alcohol before matches and exist as Despy's tag partner?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Much more importantly, Hiromu is at the center of the poster, he's winning the whole drat thing, buddy!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As long as we get Dragon Lee in the same block as Hiromu I'm happy

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Hiromu seems like the obvious winner though. Maybe will if he loses the title.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Willninho posted:

Hiromu seems like the obvious winner though. Maybe will if he loses the title.

It's Tiger Mask's year.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i want hiromu and desperado to have like a hundred matches together.

hnnng is that gonna be the final?? maybe??

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Smdh if you're not rooting for my beautiful son Kushi to win

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Cow Palace ticket news according to Ticketmaster:

- Date/Time: On sale next Tuesday, 10am PT.
- Range: $40-$300
- Start Time: 5pm

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

NienNunb posted:

Smdh if you're not rooting for my beautiful son Kushi to win

I'm rooting for Kanemaru to win just to piss off the marks, brother

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is it worth trying to coordinate with other goons to get tickets?

If you want the best bang for your buck the riser seats will probably be cheaper than the floor seats and they're still pretty close.

I saw the APW show at the Cow Palace and while they didn't have as many floor seats as NJPW likely will, the first few rows of the risers are not too far from the ring and they're slightly elevated off the floor

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big korakuen card tomorrow featuring a US title match, ishii vs. henare singles, and the debut of the new suzuki-gun theme

ROAD TO WRESTLING DONTAKU
April 24th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Shota Umino, and Ren Narita vs. Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger, and Tomoyuki Oka
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Taichi, and TAKA Michinoku)
Togi Makabe, Michael Elgin, and KUSHIDA vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay)
Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, KES, Kanemaru, and Despy)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, and Ryusuki Taguchi vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, and Gedo)
IWGP US Championship:Jay White(c) vs. David Finlay

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seems like we're finally getting to the juicy part of the Dontaku tour. Anything from the earlier shows I should go back and watch? I saw earlier that the Jr. Tag Title match was last night and was pretty good.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

extradite THIS! posted:

I dread having to listen to FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP. FLIP GORDOOON a million times

I hate his entrance music more than Michael Cole's commentary.

Imagine Michael Cole commentating over Flip Gordon's entrance music.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Well, Corey, Flip just loves having fun! I spoke to him earlier today and he said "I don't really think the earth is flat, I just like keeping an open mind!""

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

"Well, Corey, Flip just loves having fun! I spoke to him earlier today and he said "I don't really think the earth is flat, I just like keeping an open mind!""

You forgot the hashtag

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hashtag flip gordon sucks

but that's whatever, I'll stan all day for David Starr(even if he is a nonce on twitter) so I'll be magnanimous and let people do the same for Flip.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
After losing to Osprey & Being the Elite ep 100, I honestly thought Marty Scurll was leaving NJPW.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada really is the best

https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/972257897357783040

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

hunktears is also kinda the best, if only for wonderful threads like these:
https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/937218633947799553
(okada eating dessert)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/988589336751943680?s=19

I can't believe anyone doesn't like Jay White.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The knife pervert needs to go back to elbowing undercard geeks to death.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

lol at Taichi's beautiful serenading being interrupted by Iizuka's theme these past few shows

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

I can't believe a one-off Chuck Taylor joke tweet has had this much impact on Jay's career. Kudos to making a buck off it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A lot of dudes have made a buck off of one off Chuckie T jokes.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Not a Chuckie T tweet but this gives me hope for an Okada Long Boys shirt

Edit: Just make it exactly like that incredible Blue Pants shirt from a while back, but it's the long boys instead and it says "LONG BOYS" on the back. Please NJPW I need that shirt

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 24, 2018

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I like that when Trent? confronts Jay about royalties for his idea Jay uses the Nakamura defense.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

extradite THIS! posted:

Not a Chuckie T tweet but this gives me hope for an Okada Long Boys shirt

I hope it features another illustration by the aforementioned Good NJPW Tweeter hunktears, who was responsible for Trent's Greg Is Big Now shirt

e: See look she already did it, we're already halfway there

https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/986806704829444096

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

VJeff posted:

Seems like we're finally getting to the juicy part of the Dontaku tour. Anything from the earlier shows I should go back and watch? I saw earlier that the Jr. Tag Title match was last night and was pretty good.

From last night just watch the Evil, Sanada, Naito vs KES, Suzuki match and then the Jr Tag Titles. Last week's shows didn't have anything that's a must-watch, but the Shota Umino vs Yuji Nagata match and the LIJ vs Suzuki-Gun Elimination Match (both from the show on the 14th) were good.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I guess it's great heeling for me to get pissed when Despardo and Kanemaru beat Takahashi and BUSHI but damnit, I hate them!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/988690084764372992

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kanemaru is your boring pre-midlife crisis dad
Taguchi is your cool full-swing midlife crisis dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004