Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Darchangel posted:

This is why Sears and KMart are circling the drain. They just don't get it.
Don't make it hard for me to give you money and get things. It's you're raison detre.

Advance Auto is the same way. Order online, 20% discount. Then it takes 15m for it to transfer to the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Door Frame posted:

They can't compete with Amazon in the online marketplace while running the warehouse out of their fully staffed local stores, why does everyone keep trying?

The best part is that you would think that Sears, of all places, would have been well-positioned for the advent of online sales, being pretty much the king, if not the inventor, of mailorder sales, but they were too slow and squandered that opportunity.

edit: I need all you folks who quoted me to go back and edit that you're to your so I don't look like an idiot (as much.)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 24, 2018

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Rhyno, and all you other comics nerds, you'll enjoy this:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Rhyno, and all you other comics nerds, you'll enjoy this:

I have multiple friends attending or working premieres tonight. I won't get to see it til friday.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, this tent goes nearly a full long block down Hollywood Blvd, even the Oscars don't take up that much space.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Darchangel posted:

The best part is that you would think that Sears, of all places, would have been well-positioned for the advent of online sales, being pretty much the king, if not the inventor, of mailorder sales, but they were too slow and squandered that opportunity.

edit: I need all you folks who quoted me to go back and edit that you're to your so I don't look like an idiot (as much.)

The amazing thing about Sears was that they *had* an online presence before online was even a thing. They started Prodigy along with IBM, and even had an online version of their catalog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, this tent goes nearly a full long block down Hollywood Blvd, even the Oscars don't take up that much space.

Well duh, this is more important. One of my friend sad that everyone working for the event organizers gets to see it at a showing very late tonight if they want and they each got a plus one. He asked me to fly out and see it with him but I couldn't justify it, no matter how cool it would be.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I want a new phone that blows me away.

The S8+ showed up today, and it's very nice, but it's going back. The screen is great, but only marginally better than the Nexus 6p. It's peppy and has some cool features (iris scanning is def. cool), but it's just not enough of an improvement from the 6p to justify the expense and time to switch everything over.

:sigh:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i literally cant believe people still get excited about these ridiculous marvel movies (except BP)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

I want a new phone that blows me away.

The S8+ showed up today, and it's very nice, but it's going back. The screen is great, but only marginally better than the Nexus 6p. It's peppy and has some cool features (iris scanning is def. cool), but it's just not enough of an improvement from the 6p to justify the expense and time to switch everything over.

:sigh:

Yup. I got one and as neat as it is I should have just bought the N6 refurb.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I was digging through some old pictures and came across a "car" I saw one day many years ago.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I was digging through some old pictures and came across a "car" I saw one day many years ago.

Would

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Best all-weather electric mobility scooter I've ever seen.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

But does it do jumps?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BraveUlysses posted:

i literally cant believe people still get excited about these ridiculous marvel movies (except BP)

At the end of the movie Thanos is choking Tony Stark and Captain America to death and says "Can no man stand up to me" and Black Widow comes out of no where and says "I am no man" and kicks him in the balls. Thanos drops to his knees and says "Ouch, right in the infinity stones".

How can you not love this art?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

The Locator posted:

Best all-weather electric mobility scooter I've ever seen.

I bet someone's LS-swapped it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fermented Tinal posted:

I bet someone's LS-swapped it.

LS too big.

2JZ

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

LS too big.

2JZ

gently caress that, Barra the bastard

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Today was my last lecture oh god i'm hyperventilating. Just some finals left and then I'm not a college student anymore. I'm not entirely convinced this is still real.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Enourmo posted:

Today was my last lecture oh god i'm hyperventilating. Just some finals left and then I'm not a college student anymore. I'm not entirely convinced this is still real.

The real world sucks. Have fun.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Good job 'mo

How long till you go back for your Master's? :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BraveUlysses posted:

Good job 'mo

How long till you go back for your Master's? :v:

When and if a job pays me to, I've been in college since 200-and-goddamn-7 I am done with this life

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I just bought an AZ-1

No tall people allowed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AHHHHHHHHHHH

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Yup. I got one and as neat as it is I should have just bought the N6 refurb.

I don't bother replacing phones for ~5 years for this reason. By the time it's a substantial upgrade, it's worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

I don't bother replacing phones for ~5 years for this reason. By the time it's a substantial upgrade, it's worth it.

I washed my N5X. It was necessary.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I actually just got a refurbished Google Pixel off Amazon for 250 bucks, the one with the headphone jack. It's pretty nice.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Liquid Communism posted:

I still kind of like my s5, though it struggles a bit when I try to do too much.
Also, I can change the battery.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm still rocking a 2014 Moto X as my work phone personal is an Essential PH-1

Seriously though, it handles running 3 delivery apps + google maps just fine. It's a Snapdragon 801 with 2GB of RAM, which is still better than a lot of budget phones on the market today. My only real issue with it is the battery is trash (but it doesn't get flaky until it gets down to ~50%... the 2 year old Nexus 6P I used to use daily shuts off as high as 85% if I'm using the camera).

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I've had a Nexus 6P for ~ 2 1/2 years now and I see no reason to ever upgrade. It still is just as fast as the day that I bought it. The battery like STRs is starting to go but not nearly as bad. It shuts off at ~20% right now. I'll probably just replace the battery and keep using it until it explodes.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I canceled my phone service and took the battery out of the fucker. I don't miss it one iota.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST. THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!

[/martin luddite king]

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I've had a Nexus 6P for ~ 2 1/2 years now and I see no reason to ever upgrade. It still is just as fast as the day that I bought it. The battery like STRs is starting to go but not nearly as bad. It shuts off at ~20% right now. I'll probably just replace the battery and keep using it until it explodes.

Unfortunately, ever since going to Oreo, it's just been a lot slower. Even after a factory reset (which included flashing the stock ROM). It also had the fairly well known mic issue; it was bad enough that I just used it exclusively on speakerphone or bluetooth. Tried disabling the noise cancellation mic in build.prop; people could then hear me, but they said I echoed badly.

I really miss the beautiful display on it (the PH-1 is a typical LCD panel), but the speed of the PH-1 (Snapdragon 835 + 3GB RAM) almost makes up for the lackluster display.

It did see much heavier usage than a typical phone, which is probably why the battery went to poo poo so much quicker.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 24, 2018

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

BraveUlysses posted:

I cared more when it was 1-2 a year instead of 1-2 a month. I've missedskipped most of the recent ones.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

(iris scanning is def. cool)

It's a pretty rad biometric modality in fact, much more so than face recognition IMO.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

KakerMix posted:

I just bought an AZ-1

No tall people allowed.

Nobody? Nobody?

What forum is this?

Super stoked for your tiny dream car! Hope you get to flog it a bit before you sell it on

:perfect:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

I pity the man without a shed or garage to call his own (or even a carport)

Every time I wash my car, the next day, a bird will take a monumental poo poo on it.

Every. Single. Time.

Gave it a good clean as a treat for the sunny weather and it appears that a diarrhetic ostrich has flown over it.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KakerMix posted:

I just bought an AZ-1

No tall people allowed.

Hey does anyone else need the hacksaw after I'm done with my legs?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

freelop posted:

Hey does anyone else need the hacksaw after I'm done with my legs?

Depends, will a giant throbbing erection interfere with my ability to drive?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQu2HgDTwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enourmo posted:

When and if a job pays me to, I've been in college since 200-and-goddamn-7 I am done with this life

How are you not a doctor at this point? That's eleven years.

• Locked thread