Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Here, have a Sonic Mania Plus screenshot.
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/988704166188007424?s=20
There’s a tiny blurry scan in the link too. Can’t make out much text from it except that Mighty’s special move is called hammer drop and Ray’s is air glide. Seems like encore mode has a story, too, as well as playable Angel Island.

The magazine comes out in a few days so I might pick it up and try to translate some of it.

Hammer Drop makes it sound like it might be similar to what Super Sonic has with the drop dash. Kinda wonder what it will even do for Mighty though. If it's an enemy killing move, it sounds a little out of place, since he could have just jumped on them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There’s an inaccessible area in Lava Reef after the patch that’s below a section of the floor that looks breakable, and it looks like there’s something similar in one of the AIZ screenshots. I’m guessing Mighty’s move is essentially the stomp attack from the 3D games and lets him break through obstacles like that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Are.... are the other heavies gonna be okay?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stairmaster posted:

They had a long fight with Super Sonic. They're just sleeping.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dehry posted:

They had a long fight with Super Sonic. They're just sleeping.

You're saying if I go to sleep... I die?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Robotnik is sending them to a farm up north.

Cybershell will be looking after them :unsmith:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Anyone know how plus is going to work with the original game data? Is it going to be a completely separate game or is it just basically an update patch?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't paid much attention but from what I gather, there'll be a free update (a la the one that leaked) that patches the original game with some of the Plus additions like additional cutscenes and so on, and then an actual paid update to add the new content, which Famitsu says will cost the equivalent of $5.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Please pay the fee to feed Ray and Mighty. They are so tired, and cold, and hungry.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It just occurred to me that they would have had to make new 3D models for Ray and Mighty for the special stages.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/989157098146672646?s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:qq: :unsmith: :qq: :unsmith: :qq: :unsmith: :qq: :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/989157182087225345

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuckles having a laugh over his recommended new hire getting picked for the job.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Tails is worried about being replaced by the cooler, more talented intern

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like that Ray literally just flies like Mario with his cape

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The best part is Sonic beaming when he sees Ray and Mighty, then his eyes flick over to Tails because the others aren't reacting.

Mania may be the absolute platonic ideal of good retro nostalgia. I am struggling to think of a better example in any medium, and it's not like Generations didn't take a decent crack at it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Knuckles and Mighty mugging at the end of the trailer is fantastic and Knuckles needs to spend more time with his Chaotix friends :colbert:

I don't even remember if Espio/Charmy/Vector ever mention that they already know him in the more recent games

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It should be obvious to those that know them but I'm glad they have the same running animation.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

HWOOOAAAHHHH

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Knuckles and Ray sharing a laugh in a "my man, it's been AGES" is so heartwarming. :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

here's a wall sized cap

I like how Tails is just confused because he's the only one who's never shared a game with either.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 25, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oopsie doopsie doo

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Twitter thread about the new stuff on Sonic Mania Plus. Not sure if it's been posted already.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/989167727062335489

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Speedrunners are going to have a lot of fun if Ray's glide is like the Mario cape

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I hope mightys stomp will be great when used on quarter pipes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is Angel Island the only confirmed new level so far?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so that's where they've been

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frankston posted:

I think so, but there's also supposedly new paths in existing levels for Ray and/or Mighty. Stuff Mighty can smash open has been spotted in the leaked update version at least.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Frankston posted:

Seems so, and even then I don't think it's really confirmed as anything specific - people are thinking it might just be a little intro/tutorial thing for encore mode & the new characters rather then a full on two act zone.

I'm hoping there's some cool secret they won't drop info about, like another extra zone or something, and surely there will be something different at the end of encore mode - but as a 5$ update, it's probably better not to expect too much beyond what's been shown.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ahh they look great. the good new old boys are here

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nodosaur posted:

so that's where they've been

"FOR 23 YEARS!"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxyclean posted:

Seems so, and even then I don't think it's really confirmed as anything specific - people are thinking it might just be a little intro/tutorial thing for encore mode & the new characters rather then a full on two act zone.

I'm hoping there's some cool secret they won't drop info about, like another extra zone or something, and surely there will be something different at the end of encore mode - but as a 5$ update, it's probably better not to expect too much beyond what's been shown.

Is it $5? Where did they announce the price?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is it $5? Where did they announce the price?

I saw something saying it had a 500 yen price tag which would be about 5$ - want to say I then saw an english tweet confirming the 5$ price but I can't find it again.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
According to some dude Famitsu reported a price equivalent to five bucks

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Real time character swapping

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

so Encore mode is just ultimate difficulty from phantasy star online?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like the change of day in encore mode.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The character swapping is making me think of that Sonic Classic Heroes mod. I hope this ends up in lots of wacky speedrun tactics.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Real time character swapping

That's cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I'm using Sonic and Knuckles in a Fire Pro Wrestling stream I'm doing tonight

Knuckles' entrance music is really really obvious, it basically has to be this

what should I use for Sonic's, though? I'm kind of torn between Sonic Boom, Live & Learn, Open Your Heart, His World, or just using the Tee Lopes version of Green Hill Zone

e: seriously leaning towards Live & Learn because that song fuckin rules and kicks in fast enough that I wouldn't have to edit anything