Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He stopped eating a million calories an hour so he’s sluggish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Personally I'm going with "body moves at a million miles a minute, brain is on a 56k modem" as the explanation for pretty much everything.

Which I guess is the long way of saying SPEED FORCE, BINCH.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Frankly if you're consuming any Flash media, from comics to cartoons to movies, and expect consistency when it comes to speed, you're just going to end up mad. Simply accept speedforce.gif into your life and nitpick any of the other dozens of problems in the show.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Frankly if you're consuming any Flash media, from comics to cartoons to movies, and expect consistency when it comes to speed, you're just going to end up mad. Simply accept speedforce.gif into your life and nitpick any of the other dozens of problems in the show.

Think of it as warp speed in star trek.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TwoPair posted:

what about speedforce.txt

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry saying they don't kill their enemies would probably have more weight if it wasn't how they dealt with every other season's big bad.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

muscles like this! posted:

Barry saying they don't kill their enemies would probably have more weight if it wasn't how they dealt with every other season's big bad.

And also numerous small scale villains and henchmen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Hey, he didn't kill Thawne, Eddie did. But then, the killing didn't take so does it even count?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A hero doesn't kill, they just set things up so the villain dies. Totally different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody cared how the Flash's powers worked before Mark Waid speed forced everything.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

Hey, he didn't kill Thawne, Eddie did. But then, the killing didn't take so does it even count?

Eddie died to win their fight so it's kind of like Team Flash killed him. :v:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Someone should have been like "well Oliver kills people all the time".

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Someone should have been like "well Oliver kills people all the time".

Why need to when we have remorseless mass murderer Barry Allen right here. Jerk once killed an entire reality!

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Negative. Like all browsers I block any Flash plugins now. Flash content is dead to me

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

R-Type posted:

Negative. Like all browsers I block any Flash plugins now. Flash content is dead to me

well played :golfclap:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Nobody cared how the Flash's powers worked before Mark Waid speed forced everything.

To me it's like time travel in other movies or shows. If it's just something there but no one really talks about it too much I don't care how it works or even think about it really. But then you start labeling and explaining things and talking about it then I start to pay attention to it and get annoyed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

R-Type posted:

I appreciate this post.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The flash/supergirl race should have ended like this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GreenNight posted:

The flash/supergirl race should have ended like this

Batman firing the starting pistol lmao

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

So that's where he's from! Dude is great, I feel like he's the next Pratt or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I did not have Nazi Laurel on my bingo card.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh man another Laurel! That's really gonna gently caress with Quentin.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Devoe is kind of a douche.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I did not have Nazi Laurel on my bingo card.

Now that Legends is wrapped for the year, some of it's residual crazy is bleeding into Flash.

"How can we make Laurel even more evil?" / "NAZI LAUREL! :godwinning:"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nazi Laurel as the wildcard, dig it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Looks like they should have recruited Nazi Laurel to the team

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm digging DeVoe finally showing some real personality.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm gonna miss Citizen Cold.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nazi Laurel has super hearing? Sure why not.

DeVoe's fatal flaw for getting Fallout: expecting Barry to actually succeed at something.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm digging DeVoe finally showing some real personality.

Him being a smug dick is good, but especially when he directs it at Barry.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm just watching it now, but Devoe's new look is Jordan Peterson isn't it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I'm just watching it now, but Devoe's new look is Jordan Peterson isn't it?

I mean he looks the same as he did at the start of the season when he was in the wheelchair

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So we've had Canary, Black Canary, White Canary, Evil Canary, and now Brownshirt Canary?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Siren X is in the pipeline? I can't wait for her to head over to Arrow next year.

So right now who wins, Devoe or Diaz?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean he looks the same as he did at the start of the season when he was in the wheelchair

he looks like he's got a different haircut, didn't he have a longish crazy professer look early on, and now its more of a high and tight kind of thing that just makes me think of Peterson.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So Siren X is in the pipeline? I can't wait for her to head over to Arrow next year.

Diaz.

Obviously.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

It's gonna be really awkward having two versions of Laurel running around in the exact same outfit. How are they gonna know which is Siren X and which is Black Siren? They're literally the same except one is a nazi.

Black Siren is going to become a good guy and change her outfit, isn't she.

Oh, Arrow. :eng99:

Rhyno posted:

Trick question, Diaz has already won.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 25, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Mechanic gonna try to stop her husband and get Devoe'd in the process :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

It's gonna be really awkward having two versions of Laurel running around in the exact same outfit. How are they gonna know which is Siren X and which is Black Siren? They're literally the same except one is a nazi.

Black Siren is going to become a good guy and change her outfit, isn't she.

Oh, Arrow. :eng99:

They'll team up and play Parent Trap trick on Quentin. Also this one is hot for Olliver so that gives them potential relationship drama.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

They'll team up and play Parent Trap trick on Quentin. Also this one is hot for Olliver so that gives them potential relationship drama.

But the other one is too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

But the other one is too?

Is she? Has that come up?