Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

VJeff posted:

Seems like we're finally getting to the juicy part of the Dontaku tour. Anything from the earlier shows I should go back and watch? I saw earlier that the Jr. Tag Title match was last night and was pretty good.

Yesterday's show felt like the first one since I started watching in January which was just instantly forgettable. Well, except for the moment when Suzuki looks like he's about to attack a fan, holy hell that was an intense look in his eyes even by Minoru's terrifying standards. He settled for smashing up their chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Today's preview match for Okada/Tanahashi was something else. Okada completely no sold Tana's offense, tombstoned him on the floor while laughing, kept Taguchi in the cobra clutch for a bit after the match was over, performed some acrobatics to show off that he didn't even break a sweat and then tried to tombstone Tana's corpse on the floor again before the young lions broke it up. Chuckie T really turned him into a no good scoundrel.

White/Finlay is up next

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tonfa posted:

Today's preview match for Okada/Tanahashi was something else. Okada completely no sold Tana's offense, tombstoned him on the floor while laughing, kept Taguchi in the cobra clutch for a bit after the match was over, performed some acrobatics to show off that he didn't even break a sweat and then tried to tombstone Tana's corpse on the floor again before the young lions broke it up. Chuckie T really turned him into a no good scoundrel.

White/Finlay is up next

Thought it was interesting that that even Gedo was trying to stop him doing the tombstone after the bell. Seems like Okada is super pissed that Tanahashi even had the audacity to challenge him. Which might hint at him underestimating Ace come their match for the title.

Until you remember that Okada will never lose.

Also, I really like Taguchi's Kin-rear end-a Nakamura tribute.

(Alternatively Chris Charlton proposed that it's Knife Pervert who has been corrupting Okada which is certainly totally possible and potentially cool.)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 24, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Okada and Jay White on top of the school building smoking cigarettes. very bad influence, that knife pervert

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/988787279484346369?s=19

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

coconono posted:

Okada and Jay White on top of the school building smoking cigarettes. very bad influence, that knife pervert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO54OftFQE4

its not their fault, dustin and greg came over to japan to make smoking look super cool.

oh my god the suzuki gun song is really really bad

shiksa fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 24, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Johnny Landmine posted:

I hope it features another illustration by the aforementioned Good NJPW Tweeter hunktears, who was responsible for Trent's Greg Is Big Now shirt

e: See look she already did it, we're already halfway there

https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/986806704829444096

I would buy at least three "Little Kazu got them long boys" shirts if they were available

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Tonfa posted:

Just watched it, it really did not go Tanahashi's way this one.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just chiming in to say that Switchblade's snap flatliner into a deadlift German is very much the poo poo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

Kanemaru is your boring pre-midlife crisis dad
Taguchi is your cool full-swing midlife crisis dad

Kanemaru is Hank Hill
Taguchi is Boomhauer

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think I'm 100% a Jay White fan. That Muta lock he did was great looking.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

that was an excellent main event, Finlay had a bit of a coming out party which I liked and another strong showing by Jay White. Obviously he isn't Omega but he has had pretty decent defenses and I like him!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

White is also in that sweet heel spot where he is fun and entertaining to watch but incredibly hatable. I want to watch him wrestle and boo him the entire time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Japan put up a You tube video showing each of Okada's and Tanahashi's wins (and 1 draw) during their 11 defenses. Get hyped for the match!

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/988983980748718080

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/988983799202463744

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NJPW released some Dominion tickets outside Japan, so I bought a pair :D

https://www.njpw1972.com/25928

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I got one of those too because for whatever reason the Lawson ticketing site wasn't accepting my card. (I was told it works if you don't use Chrome but it worked fine for me for WK tickets on Chrome).

If it's anything like the way they did the foreigner tickets for WK, we'll all be put together in our own foreigner zone.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ll be the dude saying Ishiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like how some people say kennyyyyyyyyyyy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

I’ll be the dude saying Ishiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like how some people say kennyyyyyyyyyyy

Naiiito~

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Taichiiiiiiii

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What is the difference between 2F Special and 2F Reserved, I bought Special, did I gently caress up :ohdear:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This will be me

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

St Evan Echoes posted:

NJPW released some Dominion tickets outside Japan, so I bought a pair :D

https://www.njpw1972.com/25928

Flights from Europe to Osaka aren't exactly cheap I've found.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you can get a decent deal to Tokyo, internal flights on Peach or Vanilla are extremely cheap and fast compared to the train.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m in Japan for 2 weeks anyway and arranged the trip so we’d be visiting Osaka that weekend :hehe:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'll be the guy frequently chanting "EVERYTHING", "EEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL", and "everything is EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL"

EVERYTHING

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

If you can get a decent deal to Tokyo, internal flights on Peach or Vanilla are extremely cheap and fast compared to the train.

please note there are two airports in Tokyo and they're about two hours apart by bus or train. and that Osaka has two airports and both are at least an hour from the city center, where the Osaka-Jo Hall (and all the other fun stuff in Osaka) is located.

all of that should be factored in. I've flown to Osaka and taken the bullet train, and the costs equaled out (I did fly on a low-cost carrier, JetStar), plus it's just much more direct travel-wise.

comedy option: if you really want to save money, be like a college student and take an overnight bus from Tokyo to Osaka.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/989009897487396864

Ozaki likes to hang around with Taichi and Kanemaru even though all they seem to do is bully him for likes on Twitter.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

New Japan put up a You tube video showing each of Okada's and Tanahashi's wins (and 1 draw) during their 11 defenses. Get hyped for the match!

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/988983980748718080

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/988983799202463744

GO ACE!

I really, really want Tana to win this one. I'm a sucker for 'aging warrior shows young upstart he's still got it one last time' stories.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okada should destroy Tanahashi and finally force him to take the time off he needs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

Okada should destroy Tanahashi and finally force him to take the time off he needs

Noooo, he needs to come to Edinburgh for ROH!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taichi come home

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I Before E posted:

Okada could give Tanahashi a shoot Tombstone off the top rope to the exposed concrete floor to cripple him and he would still be back in time for the start of this year's G1.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Okada could give Tanahashi a shoot Tombstone off the top rope to the exposed concrete floor to cripple him and he would still be back in time for the start of this year's G1.

Like he'd miss the San Francisco show for something as minor as that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dave had some interesting information on bone soldier and the BOSJ on yesterday's episode.

original bone soldier (hirasawa/cnj/ hideo saito) was fired for a gambling problem, tho he noted that the fact that he sucked probably contributed as well. new bone solider might get one of the three unannounced BOSJ slots, which would mean that this isn't a just a one off for a run in but also that it obviously can't be kitamura if he's correct.

he didn't speculate on who is getting the remaining two spots but said that volador will not be doing the tour this year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I've been completely away since Sakura Genesis, any good recaps going into Dontaku? And what's up with this "WRESTLING HI NO KUNI" show Saturday, where I guess they're doing a whole bunch of Suzuki-gun vs LIJ matches? I know they'd been teasing Suzuki/Naito and stuff but I'm surprised that's not either on Dontaku or Dominion

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope Flamita gets a spot

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

I've been completely away since Sakura Genesis, any good recaps going into Dontaku? And what's up with this "WRESTLING HI NO KUNI" show Saturday, where I guess they're doing a whole bunch of Suzuki-gun vs LIJ matches? I know they'd been teasing Suzuki/Naito and stuff but I'm surprised that's not either on Dontaku or Dominion

biggest storyline stuff aside from building up the big hi no kuni/dontaku matches was the henare/ishii feud finally getting its first singles match on tuesday's show and the upcoming debut of a new bone soldier.

Hi No Kuni was the B show on the Dontaku tour in 2015, and they were supposed to do one in 2016 but it got canceled due to the Kumamoto earthquake and the Omega vs. Elgin IC match moved to a Road to show in Hakata. Yeah, it's crazy stacked this year as Naito vs. Suzuki is a super heated feud right now and they've thrown in rare non title juniors singles matches as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlCHfdRLOM

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh jeez, I just had a look at the cards and this next week is going to be awesome and difficult to keep up with. If they mashed all the big matches together it would basically be another Wrestle Kingdom! Shame I'm out of town all weekend. :smith:

Okada vs. Tanahashi!
Naito vs. Suzuki!
Ospreay vs. Kushida!
Kenny vs. Hangman!
Ibushi vs. Cody!
Juice vs. Goto!
KES vs. LIJ!
Tongans vs. Bucks +1!

Lots of rad tag matches too, though. Especially looking forward to Golden Lovers vs. Taka/ZSJ and Okada/Ospreay vs. Kushida/Tanahashi.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 25, 2018

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Thauros posted:

dave had some interesting information on bone soldier and the BOSJ on yesterday's episode.

original bone soldier (hirasawa/cnj/ hideo saito) was fired for a gambling problem, tho he noted that the fact that he sucked probably contributed as well. new bone solider might get one of the three unannounced BOSJ slots, which would mean that this isn't a just a one off for a run in but also that it obviously can't be kitamura if he's correct.

he didn't speculate on who is getting the remaining two spots but said that volador will not be doing the tour this year

Maybe it's flip in the bone solider costume. Flip can't get booked for All In, but bone soldier can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Carlioo posted:

Maybe it's flip in the bone solider costume. Flip can't get booked for All In, but bone soldier can!

It's Ibushi, and just like when he was Tiger Mask, he just wrestles exactly like normal. The Bone Soldier outfit is just a lovely skeleton mask and some black trunks.