Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How does it feel to be poor, motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Either you don't understand Stockholm syndrome or you've got the wrong ex-Thunder doh KD

edit- or your post is 6th dimensional chess re: how suck the OKC franchise is

I meant how Enes was so publicly humiliated for expressing his love for the OKC franchise and then promptly being traded away, and how he still seems to just pine for them to take him back.

Maybe in love with an abusive ex-partner is a better way of putting it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

But by early April, Brand had seen Philadelphia win just nine games. If they didn’t get another win in the final five games of the season, the team would tie the 1972-73 Sixers for the worst record in NBA history.

It was time for some tough love. Brand had a huge poster made that said, “Congratulations on Tying the Record for Worst Team in NBA History” with the number of every player on the roster on it. He hung it in the locker room before the team’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans on April 4, 2016.

:wtc:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

But by early April, Brand had seen Philadelphia win just nine games. If they didn’t get another win in the final five games of the season, the team would tie the 1972-73 Sixers for the worst record in NBA history.

It was time for some tough love. Brand had a huge poster made that said, “Congratulations on Tying the Record for Worst Team in NBA History” with the number of every player on the roster on it. He hung it in the locker room before the team’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans on April 4, 2016.

:wtc:

That's some Kevin Durant level bitchmade

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How does it feel to be poor, motherfucker

This will forever be the GOAT. I'm like 75% sure it's apocryphal but I don't care.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
When I become a rich and famous athlete I'm gonna do what Wiggins does, watch movies, play video games, play with my dog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

scuz posted:

When I become a rich and famous athlete I'm gonna do what Wiggins does, watch movies, play video games, play with my dog.

So pretty much everything you do right now?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

So pretty much everything you do right now?
Good point. I should get a dog and just retire now :buddy:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Shooters shoot

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

quoted for page 69

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iPQJXZZ0zE

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Carmelo Anthony has shot 25% on open 3 pointers during the playoffs

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Jota posted:

Shooters shoot

https://twitter.com/TempleUniv/status/988456238445932545?s=20

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Jota posted:

Shooters shoot

https://twitter.com/danmccarneyNBA/status/571764648980029440

Belinelli is great

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Temple owns

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did you know you miss 100% of the shots you dont take

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did you know you miss 100% of the shots you dont take

If your 0 for 0... is your shooting % 0% or 100%?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Awkward phrasing Temple, considering your location :yikes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have a nice campus.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Temple is a great place just don't go south or east

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MelancholyMark posted:

If it goes to six I hope he comes to the Utah game too

Me too.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Akbar posted:

I meant how Enes was so publicly humiliated for expressing his love for the OKC franchise and then promptly being traded away, and how he still seems to just pine for them to take him back.

Maybe in love with an abusive ex-partner is a better way of putting it.

I think a better analogy would be a kid from divorced parents who lived with his mom for a while, until she met someone new and decided she didn’t want to raise him anymore, so he got sent to live with his dad for a few years, but he cramped his bachelor lifestyle, so now he lives with his Aunt or something, but still shows up at his dad’s house uninvited on Christmas.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sheriff posted:

I think a better analogy would be a kid from divorced parents who lived with his mom for a while, until she met someone new and decided she didn’t want to raise him anymore, so he got sent to live with his dad for a few years, but he cramped his bachelor lifestyle, so now he lives with his Aunt or something, but still shows up at his dad’s house uninvited on Christmas.

Sounds, uh, personal

Seems more like he's a millionaire on vacation and wanted to cheer for some old friends

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I think a better analogy would be a dude who has friends out of town

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

my team goes to another school, you wouldnt know them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MelancholyMark posted:

If it goes to six I hope he comes to the Utah game too

Lol

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

If your 0 for 0... is your shooting % 0% or 100%?

If you ask one mathematician this, they will slap you.

If you ask more than one mathematician this, you’ll start a fight.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sounds, uh, personal

Seems more like he's a millionaire on vacation and wanted to cheer for some old friends

I don’t think it’s very likely that someone would visit Oklahoma for vacation

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I didn't realize Whiteside still has 2 years and ~52 million left on his contract, what the hell is going to happen to him? He's basically persona non grata in Miami and he was effectively useless in the playoffs so do they eat a lopsided deal to dump off the salary?

Sheriff posted:

Reasonable point

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

I didn't realize Whiteside still has 2 years and ~52 million left on his contract, what the hell is going to happen to him? He's basically persona non grata in Miami and he was effectively useless in the playoffs so do they eat a lopsided deal to dump off the salary?

I sort of hope Charlotte trades Dwight for him and just keeps rotating through unwanted dipshit big men

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Reasonable point

god drat.

I'll laugh when no one bites on a trade and they have to waive and stretch him.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I know everyone has heard gerald green was on his couch like 50 times already but this story is kinda cool and gives some back story http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23216149

quote:

"I go to Milwaukee, I get cut, that really put a funk in me. I'm like, 'Man, it's over for me. I can't even make it in training camp now?' I told myself that my New Year's resolution if I'm not signed, I was going to write out a big statement on my Instagram and tell 'em that it's over for me, that I'm done, hang my shoes up."

Finally, on Dec. 27, Green's phone rang.

His agent, James Dunleavy, called to inform him that the Rockets wanted to sign him. Green thought it was a cruel joke -- too good to be true -- and he wasn't in the mood.

"Look, man, stop playing me, bro," Green recalls telling Dunleavy. "I don't got time to be playing no games. My son is in the hospital. I ain't got time to be playing no games. This is not a good day."

Then Green hung up, only to have Dunleavy call right back, convincing his client that he wasn't kidding.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Comrade Gorbash posted:

If you ask one mathematician this, they will slap you.

If you ask more than one mathematician this, you’ll start a fight.

It's undefined. Maybe the logicians have some pedantic other answer, but mostly we'd just say that percentage isnt defined over an empty sample.

I hope, anyways. Maybe there's fights in my future.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sheriff posted:

If I got a cheap flight I wouldn't mind going to check out Praire Artisan Ales and some good restaurants but I'm dull as gently caress when I travel

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mo hype rising
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/989187209117958144

Rudy Gobert with a jumper, Chicago/Dallas get on board

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Who would you rather be shackled to, Evan Turner + Meyers Leonard or Whiteside?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sheriff posted:

People are strange and like different things op

With that said, same

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Whiteside. There exists a possibility that he gets hit on the head with a coconut or something and fixes his badbrains.

Edit: Unless you meant literally shackled to in which case I would do a Frylock impression and laugh with Evan.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Whiteside can physically do everything he needs to do to stay on the floor so I'd prefer that and just hope whatever switch needs to be thrown for him to be motivated again gets thrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Mo hype rising
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/989187209117958144

Rudy Gobert with a jumper, Chicago/Dallas get on board

This would've been nice to have at UT this year.

• Locked thread