Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huh, this is neat and not something I saw in the patch notes? League results now just list your # in the leaderboards if you made top 100, instead of having to go to the app and filter by region and time etc to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/94usA/status/989142907062898688?s=19

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X Rank is brutal ....I finished my 10 placement matches, lost the next match and got dinged 60 points, won the next one and got +8...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

... I do not like that guy's stuff. I'unno why.

It's a pain in the rear end to translate anyway.

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
I'm not going to pretend like I'm a superstar player or anything, but boy howdy you can really start to see the difference in players who look at their map and those who don't in clam blitz A rank.

It's like a Goofus and Gallant comic.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I totally did this. It was tempting to see if she had a way to block it like Marie or would just endure it like Cap'n Cuttlefish.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Callie's animation when you shoot her is extremely cute so I'm not sure how to feel about it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
People who shoot at Callie are monsters. Monsters!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The very first thing I did in the 3.0.0 update was go to Octo Canyon and shoot Callie in the face. I too wanted to see if she would block it somehow or just shake it off like Cuttlefish did.

https://twitter.com/Iona_Aris/status/988375533418307584

:catstare:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Revolver Squidalot.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I almost couldn't comprehand what I was watching. How could one be so fast and so accurate?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

jetpackhewy posted:

I almost couldn't comprehand what I was watching. How could one be so fast and so accurate?

These aren't kill shots and they're against stationary targets.

Still, it's very impressive that they can place hits like that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It seems implied Marina has an engineering background, and the whole thing with Shifty Station maps is they use various gimmicks from Octo Canyon.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/989474197159141377

We have our first sponsored Splatfest: Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtles. Are you on the side of Ralph or Leo. Hang on a minute, did they shorten their names??

This is also happening in Europe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boooooooooo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Is this a joke?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/989474197159141377

We have our first sponsored Splatfest: Teenage Mutant Ninja/Hero Turtles. Are you on the side of Ralph or Leo. Hang on a minute, did they shorten their names??

This is also happening in Europe.

Flag on the Play!

Splatfest Law already states that a Perfect Body is better than a Perfect Brain! :goonsay:

Also the artstyle for that TMNT version is uuuugly. Leo's body proportions look more like Michigan J. Frog than a hero in a half-shell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Japan gets sponsored splatfests about the real issues like concepts of biological magic and nuggets vs French fries, while the US always just gets Who's your favorite cartoon character.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Like the text says, there are two rounds. (For obvious reasons.) Will there be a final Splatfest to decide the overall winner? Go figure.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Japan gets sponsored splatfests about the real issues like concepts of biological magic and nuggets vs French fries, while the US always just gets Who's your favorite cartoon character.

They also get Ramen Brand Flavor #1 vs. Ramen Brand Flavor #2 so they aren't perfect.

This one's absolutely the worst because not only is it a weeks-long ad for a show that's nobody's seen but they seem to have changed all the old character templates for this version, so the characters aren't even what you'd remember them being... like, apparently they got Jean-Ralphio from Parks & Rec to voice Leonardo and he's a tryhard ladies' man or something?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Raphael vs. Leonardo @ May 4th 21:00 PT / May 5th 00:00 ET / May 5th 14:00 AET
  • EU Raphael vs. Leonardo @ May 5th 16:00 CET
  • US/AU/NZ Michelangelo vs. Donatello @ May 11th 21:00 PT / May 12th 00:00 ET / May 12th 14:00 AET (estimate)
  • EU Michelangelo vs. Donatello @ May 12th 16:00 CET (estimate)

The first sponsored Splatfest arrives, and it's a two-rounder for all members of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Will there be a third and final Splatfest? Who knows.

Alternatively you can view this as a battle between Renaissance masters.

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't seen those movies, what's the difference between the two turtles?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Goddamnit my two favorite ninja turtles are Michelangelo and Donatello. I could never choose.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Bean posted:

Goddamnit my two favorite ninja turtles are Michelangelo and Donatello. I could never choose.

Michelangelo. He's the best one, by a mile. Donatello is the worst one by ten miles.

I like this. Three rounds of Splatfest to do a small tournament seems fun, and even if people don't care for the upcoming cartoon, TMNT's been around for more than thirty years, with the most recent cartoon ending last year, anyone who's remotely into cartoons (like the target audience) should have a preference for a turtle.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

People who shoot at Callie are monsters. Monsters!

It was for squid research :woomy:

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Bomb Defense is really good, especially when you stack a decent amount of it.

https://twitter.com/ZeGermanButler/status/989260221175377921?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I haven't seen those movies, what's the difference between the two turtles?

Leonardo Leads
Donatello Does Machines
Raphael is Cool but Crude
Michelangelo is a Party Dude

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mikey is also the heavyweight champion of the battle nexus of the multiverse

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

Leonardo Leads
Donatello Does Machines

clearly Raphael is the best

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3 months of the same splatfest theme is a bummer

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this is certainly a tricky question.

swords are great, but raphael IS cool but rude

and donatello DOES do machines

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The Bloop posted:

Leonardo Leads
Donatello Does Machines

In this new version of TMNT, Raphael is the leader. Also, they have magic powers? And John Cena voices a recurring villain who isn't Shredder. And Michelangelo doesn't have nunchuku, he has some ball on a string thing.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I don't care about this Splatfest.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Does Raph still go about with Casey Jones and just beat up punks and hang out with Batman?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

3 months of the same splatfest theme is a bummer

It's not divided by months but by a week. Yes, May is getting two Splatfests in a week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

EFB

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's not divided by months but by a week. Yes, May is getting two Splatfests in a week.

OK this is cool. drat, imagine a MEGA weekend of Friday/Saturday/Sunday the 3 splatfests

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

jetpackhewy posted:

I totally did this. It was tempting to see if she had a way to block it like Marie or would just endure it like Cap'n Cuttlefish.

It didn't occur to me to try until now.

https://twitter.com/BonzoESC/status/989500323352854528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Here's more info on this TMNT Splatfest stuff

Nintendo posted:

Press Release

4/26/2018

Pick Your Favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in Tubular New Splatoon 2 Splatfest

Who is Your Favorite Hero in a Half-Shell?

REDMOND, Wash., April 26, 2018 – Cowabunga! This May, Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch will host its first-ever tournament-style Splatfest to determine which brother from the iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise is the ultimate fan-favorite. Featuring characters from Nickelodeon’s upcoming animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, fans will vote in three rounds to crown one Hero in a Half-Shell (turtle power!). Will it be Raph, Leo, Mikey or Donnie?

To participate, players won’t be asked to order a pizza, hop on a skateboard or save the city from an army of masked ninjas – they can just start voting for their pick beginning on April 27 simply by visiting the in-game Inkopolis Square. The first of three in-game Splatoon 2 Splatfest tournaments takes place May 4-5 and pits Raph against Leo, with the second running May 11-12 and featuring Mikey vs. Donnie. The final match between the winners of the first two showdowns takes place May 18-19. The full schedule is below:

Round 1: Raph vs. Leo
May 4 (Friday), 9 p.m. PT – May 5 (Saturday), 9 p.m. PT

Round 2: Mikey vs. Donnie
May 11 (Friday), 9 p.m. PT – May 12 (Saturday), 9 p.m. PT

Finals
May 18 (Friday) 9 p.m. PT – May 19 (Saturday), 9 p.m. PT