Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Of course you'd have to be extremely insecure to go through an unnecessary surgery which will probably result in a sensorially dead meat stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also, they didn't transplant the balls, they added fake ones.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Of course you'd have to be extremely insecure to go through an unnecessary surgery which will probably result in a sensorially dead meat stick.

Pakled posted:

Also, they didn't transplant the balls, they added fake ones.

So, the same as everyone else's.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Looks like someone has never seen the climax of 1999's eerily prescient science fiction cinematic masterwork, EDtv

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hey baby I can go for hours. Cause I got no feeling in my dick.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

At that point you could just invent a plastic cyberpenis and become a billionaire.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

At that point you could just invent a plastic cyberpenis and become a billionaire.

This is pretty much what happens with the companies making penile implants, testicle implants, and breast implants.

Preying on peoples insecurities will always be profitable.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I've read recently about the only proven penis enlargement medical procedure, which is implanting a silicone tube beneath the skin.
Recovery time is very slow and of course there are sometimes complectiona:gonk:
This procedure of course presupposes the desire to keep the nerves functional, I wonder if someone actually removed his functioning member in favour of a dildo.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Here's What We Really Know About Hitler's Penis

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

that, or trans :v:

(creating a dick from your own crotch-meat and/or arm-meat is an established procedure, with variable results. transplanting the whole dick from a corpse, on the other hand...)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What if you just want a backup dick?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

shelley posted:

that, or trans :v:

(creating a dick from your own crotch-meat and/or arm-meat is an established procedure, with variable results. transplanting the whole dick from a corpse, on the other hand...)

Afaik that type of dick is mostly decorative. You can get a little pump-thing installed so the dick can become erect, but it really doesn't work anything like most normally grown dicks do. So many / most trans men don't bother.

I've always wondered about people getting transplants for organs you can live without. Wouldn't that mean you have to take immune suppressants for the rest of your life, and doesn't a transplanted organ generally only last < 10 years anyway? Genuine question, I really don't know.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

pidan posted:

Afaik that type of dick is mostly decorative. You can get a little pump-thing installed so the dick can become erect, but it really doesn't work anything like most normally grown dicks do. So many / most trans men don't bother.

yeah there’s basically two kinds of surgery currently available, each of which has multiple variations. phalloplasty is basically that, using tissue from other areas of the body to help build a dick... which will need help to get hard, but will likely be large enough to put in someone. metoidioplasty is much simpler and uses only the tissue of the groin area, resulting in a dick that can get hard, but will probably not be large enough to penetrate someone. so yeah, im far from the only trans guy who, given that those are your Dick Options, is opting not to seek “bottom surgery” at this time.

transplanting a whole dick from a deceased donor could avoid some of those problems, but then you gotta live with the issues that go along with any transplanted organ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:flaccid:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I had not considered the ethical issues of ball transplantation before that article, but they are weird and interesting imo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Soon, in right wing media: “Queers are going to steal your dick when you die!” :freep:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Platystemon posted:

Soon, in right wing media: “Queers are going to steal your dick when you die!” :freep:

Oh you know it.
Regardless of all the hype, organ transplantation is a fascinating and complex field.
I often wonder when stem cells could be used to improve upon modern technology.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This will completely change how we approach libel claims by blowing the "small penis rule" out of the water.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Can't wait for the movie where someone has to fight for the control of their body against their transplanted penis

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

Can't wait for the movie where someone has to fight for the control of their body against their transplanted penis

Body Parts reboot looking good

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How come there's not one awful comedy about a man's struggle to live with a transplanted GAY penis? It's not like Hollywood has standards or anything.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Samuringa posted:

metal gear solid 6

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Neil Gaiman wrote an actual story kinda like this. I think it was even adapted into a TV anthology episode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

How come there's not one awful comedy about a man's struggle to live with a transplanted GAY penis? It's not like Hollywood has standards or anything.

Hollywood doesn't like gay

They're afraid of many things

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Samuringa posted:

We're ready. It's been 10 years since the last disembodied dick movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXg6pxMNAA

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Samuringa posted:

To stay alive, you must

BEAT YOUR MEAT

cumming this summer

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

shelley posted:

transplanting a whole dick from a deceased donor could avoid some of those problems, but then you gotta live with the issues that go along with any transplanted organ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, if you get the dick of a rapist, it will come alive, and control your body, and make you be a rapist. It's just not worth it, unless the guy was really hung.

Edit:

Well, poo poo.

Samuringa posted:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I read this and didn't blink. Hmm

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

aspurrgers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Platystemon posted:

Goddamn I hope so

Boning from beyond the grave

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Welp.
When people inquired about how he'd like his body treatmented after death Diogenes is said to have asked for a stick to beat off the scavenging animals.

His point was that being dead his body was forfit and he didn't care what happened to it.

E: just noticed 'treatmented' :haw:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Apr 27, 2018

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Welp.
When people inquired about how he'd like his body treatmented after death Diogenes is said to have asked for a stick to beat off the scavenging animals.

His point was that being dead his body was forfeit and he didn't care what happened to it.

That's a good way to get haunted by ghosts :ghost:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is the Diogenes who lived in a barrel, jacked off in public regularly and somehow owned other philosophers and Alexander the Great with his wit all the time.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Exactly, the patron saint of these forums.:allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is the Diogenes who lived in a barrel, jacked off in public regularly and somehow owned other philosophers and Alexander the Great with his wit all the time.
It's a great strategy if you don't mind living in a barrel and being known as the masturbation hobo. What kind of sick burn can you lay on a guy who is fine with being the masturbation hobo? Any burn you can think of he can just go "yep" and grin. Impossible to score any points.

It's like having a fight with a vat of pudding. At the end of the day you're all sticky and the pudding is still pudding.

Exactly, the patron saint of these forums.:allears:
Exactly.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's a great strategy if you don't mind living in a barrel and being known as the masturbation hobo. What kind of sick burn can you lay on a guy who is fine with being the masturbation hobo? Any burn you can think of he can just go "yep" and grin. Impossible to score any points.

quote:

Aristippus passed Diogenes as he was washing lentils.

He said, “If you could but learn to flatter the king, you would not have to live on lentils.”

Diogenes said, “And if you could learn to live on lentils, you would not have to flatter the king.”

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

They both have a point. It's just a question of whether you find kissing rear end to be more or less distasteful than small brownish bean things.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They both have a point. It's just a question of whether you find kissing rear end to be more or less distasteful than small brownish bean things.

Either way you're getting small brownish things in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/989974746350673920

quote:

Unaware of the ban until about a year ago, Cremeens started selling ice cream in Elgin and “got an unbelievable response… Some people were saying they hadn’t seen an ice cream truck in five, 10, 15, even 20 years. And one guy said, ‘I thought you were banned.’” Then on Memorial Day weekend, a squad car pulled up behind him. “The officer told me that they don’t even stop ice cream trucks unless someone calls in a complaint. So I said, ‘You mean somebody actually called the police on the ice cream man? That’s un-American.’” Hear, hear.

Someone called the cops on an ice cream truck

Someone called the cops on an ice cream truck