Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hint: it was originally titled Star Wars.

Star Wars: Tales from Jabba’s Palace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a cartoon duck posted:

Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars.

Get this duck a bicycle.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Is there anywhere I can watch the Cinema Snob's older videos? Everything he had on Vidme is gone, and there doesn't really seem to be any backups available (at least from what I've seen)

I didn't see this answered but occasionally on my suggested videos I see his old stuff uploaded by a channel named orsa.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

business hammocks posted:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There was only one real Star Wars movie. Everything else is fanfic.
The second Ewok Adventure?

I like you.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

CelticPredator posted:

It's obviously Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Star Wars was a hero to most, but it never meant poo poo to me.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
I feel like this thread needs like a customs declaration form where we all link to a doc with our opinions on whatever divisive media/person gets frequently talked about. That way people can just link to their long-form essay when the usual arguments start and gradually expand their essay to refute all other points. Also the thread knows who immediately to ignore if the essay includes the finer points on ethics in videogame journalism.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CelticPredator posted:

Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just post videos without discussion

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Leal posted:

Forget these star wars movies when are they going to start making good star wars games again? Or any. EA has had the exclusivity for a few years and we have to show for it is 2 crappy shooters.

Probably never.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The only good modern Star Wars movies are Gaurdians of the Galaxy movies.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-zAOnxikU

The only reason I’m posting this is because that Chris Evans doll does indeed look exactly like Jay and they should actually sue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The only good modern Star Wars movies are Gaurdians of the Galaxy movies.

This is true. They have actual color. Every star war after TFA has been varying levels of desaturated.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Actually, I lied, this is the only Star Wars that's canon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGIM_yNzeUo

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4v979_fQk&hd=1

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUGrtmjQfY

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

stillvisions posted:

I feel like this thread needs like a customs declaration form where we all link to a doc with our opinions on whatever divisive media/person gets frequently talked about. That way people can just link to their long-form essay when the usual arguments start and gradually expand their essay to refute all other points. Also the thread knows who immediately to ignore if the essay includes the finer points on ethics in videogame journalism.

One day a youtube film reviewer was sent to prison.

When he arrived, he found numerous people sitting around a table, angrily shouting numbers at each other.

"Excuse me," he said, "I'm just a simple youtube film reviewer. I don't understand what's going on."

"Ah, " said another prisoner. "You see, ALL of us were Youtube film reviewers before going to prison. Whenever we try to talk about LITERALLY ANYTHING AT ANY TIME, somehow we always end up arguing about Star Wars. So, at some point, we listed every opinion one could have on Star Wars on this numbered list. That way, to save time, we can just shout the numbers at each other until we get it out of our system."

After watching this argument go on for some days, which was a rather short digression in the history of this youtube film reviewer prison, the new prisoner finally decided to try participating. He walked up to the crowd and shouted the first number that popped into his head: "119!"

Everyone suddenly stopped arguing and turned to stare at him. The man looked around, worried. A prisoner sidled up to him and, pulling the compendium of star wars opinions out in a binder, flipped to the page containing Argument 119 and pointed in horror:

"Argument 119-- actually the moment everything fell apart was when printed books showed up in Episode 8."

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Paladin posted:

When he arrived, he found numerous people sitting around a table, angrily shouting numbers at each other.

"Excuse me," he said, "I'm just a simple youtube film reviewer. I don't understand what's going on."

"Ah, " said another prisoner. "You see, ALL of us were Youtube film reviewers before going to prison. Whenever we try to talk about LITERALLY ANYTHING AT ANY TIME, somehow we always end up arguing about Star Wars. So, at some point, we listed every opinion one could have on Star Wars on this numbered list. That way, to save time, we can just shout the numbers at each other until we get it out of our system."

After watching this argument go on for some days, which was a rather short digression in the history of this youtube film reviewer prison, the new prisoner finally decided to try participating. He walked up to the crowd and shouted the first number that popped into his head: "119!"

Everyone suddenly stopped arguing and turned to stare at him. The man looked around, worried. A prisoner sidled up to him and, pulling the compendium of star wars opinions out in a binder, flipped to the page containing Argument 119 and pointed in horror:

"Argument 119-- actually the moment everything fell apart was when printed books showed up in Episode 8."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We must secure a future for who?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dabir posted:

We must secure a future for who?

Probably terrible sequels and their terrible spinoffs.

88 would just be "Disney just dropped the pretenses and released Goebbels propaganda with no editing"

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

poparena posted:

A couple of new videos in the last twenty four hours. First, a book hunt video where I hit up some bookstores in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6DOk-qmf0

And then, a new Doctor Who Book Guide, this time on "Shadowmind" by Christopher Bulis. It's very slight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05xgXNYpUb0

Don't mind me, just emptyquoting this in case it got buried in the very silly derail.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Put aside all the creepy red pill bullshit and “ Why are there physical books in Star Wars” might be the dumbst nerd nitpicking in Star Wars fandom.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm glad I took the effort to make this. :v:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Paladin posted:

WE! DO NOT! TALK ABOUT! THE ORANGUTAN!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
What's the consensus on Ralphthemoviemaker? I watched a couple of his videos and they were decently funny. Kinda lika getting to see a teen Mike from RLM. Also weird because he brought up toxic rear end in a top hat Armored Skeptic and lightly dismissed feminism, but in other videos goes on about thing being sexist/racist.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lessons from the Screenplay "Collateral — The Midpoint Collision"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0QMxzEVuDI

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AyachiiTaki/status/990030731945697280

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Sephyr posted:

What's the consensus on Ralphthemoviemaker? I watched a couple of his videos and they were decently funny. Kinda lika getting to see a teen Mike from RLM. Also weird because he brought up toxic rear end in a top hat Armored Skeptic and lightly dismissed feminism, but in other videos goes on about thing being sexist/racist.

He's OK. His voice and sense of humor grate on my nerves, but he's not terrible as a critic. I dropped him around the Armored Skeptic thing, just because he wasn't appealing enough for me to risk watching a slide into chudhood.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It's not just you. It's one of my many issues with the prequels. The Jedi as described and implied in the Original Trilogy sound a lot more like knights errant in space than they do stoic space buddhist monks. You got the sort of new age/pop culture eastern mysticism from Yoda and poo poo, but the overall vibe from what we hear and see of the Jedi sounds more like wandering ronin and space knights, not monastic folks with an organized hierarchy who sit around writing and contemplating books.
Knights errant is a much better take on it - certainly the originals make it sound like they were remnants of formal organisation, but one that is hundreds of years older than the living memory the prequels recast it as. But why wouldn't they have books? Lucas explicitly based them on his understanding of samurai, who were one of the few literate classes of feudal Japan and wrote often. Miyamoto Musashi, one of the most famous wandering swordsmen, wrote The Book of Five Rings which was literally a training manual for his school of swordsmanship.

I took the books to be much more in that vein, like kung-fu manuals, where after the wandering and fighting takes their inevitable toll the Jedi might settle down with their paddywagons and record their thoughts and techniques to serve as a reference and legacy for their students.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

poparena posted:

A couple of new videos in the last twenty four hours. First, a book hunt video where I hit up some bookstores in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6DOk-qmf0

Oh rad, shame you didn't get down to the Fair's Fair warehouse near Chinook, they have a huge assortment of Ace Doubles right now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lol at you guys arguing about books in starwars

here's a cool video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olc8hFXgc0E

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Kim just posted a video on the game D-Generation I'm looking forward to watching when I get back home. That's one of those games that came in multiple different bargain bin variety packs when my family purchased a PC back in the mid-90s. I'll never forget that Seth's password is ostrich.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
For me D Generation will always refer to a group of comedians and comic actors in Australia during the 80s.

But the game looks really good while the remake looks terrible. Usually game evolution goes from horrendous UI to minimal/zero UI not the opposite.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish more people review romance novels. It would be nice to keep up to date with the trends.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just see whatever Nora Roberts or Debbie Macomber have published that month.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Nella!!!

https://youtu.be/DM7fpX97kJk

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

The Goosebumps Monthly on Piano Lessons Can Be Murder. This was has both ghosts and robots in it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Phelous reviews Dingo's Alladin.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Totalbiscuit has retired as a games critic due to his health
https://www.reddit.com/r/cynicalbritofficial/comments/8g4eoj/official_totalbiscuits_future/

He will be continuing his podcast and plans to stream co-op games with his wife to support the family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I just covered a neckbeard story and for some reason nothing loses me subscribers quite like using a trans person's preferred pronouns. Maybe that says something about some of my audience. Most of them are great, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYJQKsXybc