Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oracle of Ages is my #3, no question. Majora's Mask, WW, OoA, OoT. poo poo, maybe #4. I haven't inserted BotW into the mix yet.

I picked up BotW today after two montgs away, finished the Champion's Ballad. It was Good, though the Master Cycle Zero is kind of a dumb gimmick that I don't care about.

It's the journey not the destination etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Late to the party, but finally got this.

I assume that there are no "Water Temple" moments and I can play through this without needing a guide.

It's been said, but yes indeed, no guide needed. The game can be honestly hard in the beginning when you're still figuring out how things really work mechanically, but after that it's pretty smooth (and eventually gets downright easy.) The number one piece of advice I personally would give to people just starting this game, is take your time. Don't go in wanting to get things done, go in wanting to mess around and have an experience. Take your time and drink things in. You're not on any kind of time limit, and getting distracted is actually a good thing in this game.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
I love how open and free this game is:

I've been playing it pretty straightforward by following the main quests and working my way thru the story with small diversions here and there. My 11 year old son, however, has been largely ignoring the story and is focusing on buying all of the Ancient Weapons and Armor to be "a guardian murdering machine" (his words).

My 8 year old daughter just likes taming, naming, and riding horses. :3:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Master Cycle Zero is kind of a dumb gimmick that I don't care about.

Why do you hate fun? Driving a unicorn on wheels that is fueled by the literal viscera of my slaughtered enemies is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Don't use a guide or map, don't look or ask for the "right way to go," that's all up to you. This game is about doing things however you want and there are no "right" ways. The game is designed so that wherever you go, there's a way to complete whatever objective you're trying to tackle at that moment. You're not held back by item or story based progressions.

Eh, depends on the kind of person you are. Some shrines are frustratingly hard to find and remembering where certain things are can be frustrating.

I favored being able to do/see everything, so I looked up a map online to show me where all 120 shrines were.

It in no way decreased my exploratory enjoyment of the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Once you get to 100 shrines, then yea by all means check the map for the remaining ones.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

WarMECH posted:

I love how open and free this game is:

I've been playing it pretty straightforward by following the main quests and working my way thru the story with small diversions here and there. My 11 year old son, however, has been largely ignoring the story and is focusing on buying all of the Ancient Weapons and Armor to be "a guardian murdering machine" (his words).

My 8 year old daughter just likes taming, naming, and riding horses. :3:

All of these are completely legit ways to play the game, which is why BOTW is so amazing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I beat Ganon. Cool fight. He was easier than a Lynel.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Finally beat the beginner trials on master mode! Now for the other two.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

mastajake posted:

Finally beat the beginner trials on master mode! Now for the other two.

Any advice on this? I’ve still not been able to get past the 5th or 6th level. :-(

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

housefly posted:

Any advice on this? I’ve still not been able to get past the 5th or 6th level. :-(

Which is the level that kills you? The water-filled one with the lizalfos?

General advice is make sure you pick up all the chests/weapons etc in every level. Sneaking around dropping bombs or blowing them with leaves (easily acquired by bombing trees) is a handy way to knock a few hearts off enemies without hand-to-hand, and eating a 30-min high defense meal before you go in helps too.

And when you get to the rest levels they all have a fairy/fairies so remember squat and move slow immediately to not scare them off.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Runcible Cat posted:

Which is the level that kills you? The water-filled one with the lizalfos?

General advice is make sure you pick up all the chests/weapons etc in every level. Sneaking around dropping bombs or blowing them with leaves (easily acquired by bombing trees) is a handy way to knock a few hearts off enemies without hand-to-hand, and eating a 30-min high defense meal before you go in helps too.

And when you get to the rest levels they all have a fairy/fairies so remember squat and move slow immediately to not scare them off.

It’s earlier than that one. Definitely NOT looking forward to that level on the slightest. I’ve done all the trials in regular mode and have tried master mode a couple of times. I just keep getting my rear end handed to me on that level with the black bokogoblins on the tree house with the two guys shooting arrows from platforms. I think it’s the fourth or fifth level. I’m probably not being patient enough, but with the health regen it adds a sense of urgency to killing an enemy off asap that wasn’t there in the normal mode run.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

**Apologies for the wordiness of this post; I got started and just kept going**

housefly posted:

I just finished the Final Trials, and I can definitely empathize. Honestly, it's a lot of practice, failure, and memorization. What I did was watch videos on Youtube of different people (one speedrunner, one person taking no damage, and one regular one) doing the levels and then attempted it myself. I broke them into chunks (bookended by the respite rooms and in between each trial; labeled below), and watched a few videos of a section and doing it. If I failed, I started over again. The most failures were definitely on the Beginner Trials. Room 10 (Lizalfos room) was 5 or 6 tries or so.

General Advice:
-You should have 3 full bars of stamina. This allows you to snipe enemies and spin-to-win, which is much more important than health, imho. I wanted to do them asap, so I went in with just 3 hearts, though I augmented that (see next note). I took a small break in between the Middle and Final Trials, during which I added 4 shrines (so 4 hearts instead of 3) and one slot to Weapon bag, Bow bag, and Shield bag; not sure if that made a difference though.
-Before I started each trial I cooked up and ate two things: 1) 3 Mighty Bananas, 1 Mighty Thistle, and 1 Shard of Dinraal's Horn (for a 30-minute 3+atk boost); and 2) 5 Big Hearty Radishes (for +25 hearts, so my hearts going in were 28 - though they could not be recovered when lost). You can also do the same for two extra temporary stamina wheels, though I did not.
-This is my semi-completionist playthrough, so I had a lot of weapon/bow/shield slots unlocked. I would recommend at the bare minimum having 10 weapon slots, the others matter a lot less.
-Get good at using bullet-time to repeatedly hit enemies in the head. Arrows are the most important item in the Trials. It's worth wasting time to go find some in crates, on the ground, etc. Make sure you're using your best bow at the time when doing so.
-Get good at finding the "sweet spot" when doing spin-to-win.
-Don't forget about your runes, especially Stasis (make sure you have Stasis+!)
-Use axes on wooden boxes and sledgehammers on metal crates, if you can. In a pinch, use a heavy, sharp, 2-handed weapon for wooden boxes and a heavy, blunt, 2-handed weapon for metal crates. You can also use bombs, but that's not entirely reliable.
-In general, pick up everything you can. You can set your Sheikah Sensor+ to search for Treasure Chests, and you can generally use a combination of Stasis and Magnesis to find any loose items. I'm not gonna say when to pick up stuff throughout the other advice; just know that you should always do it if possible.

Beginning Trials:
*Section 1*
Floor 1 - I stasis'd the dude on the right and ran towards him, so I could grab the claymore. Watch out though, because the one with the spear will be right on you. On my successful run I did spin-to-win, but you could also safely bomb them, if you don't mind your 3+atk boost timer running down.
Floor 2 - Run forward and throw a Boko Spear at the Fire Chu. Use the up draft to get up on the treehouse, quickly grab the sledgehammer, and run out of range of the bokos' ranges. Spin-to-win, (make sure you've grabbed everything from the top), grab the bow, and bullet-time the archer on the platform.
Floor 3 - Just use bombs. There are two chests up high, one of which you need to bait a Fire Chu over to and use the updraft. I didn't bother getting them though.
Floor 4 - Run towards the foot of the tower, stasis the guy, and use the sledgehammer to hit him 4 times. Run up the stairs and spin-to-win, being careful of the range of the other guys up there. Make sure and grab those spiked boko bats. They're currently your best spin-to-win weapon. Break the crates at the top and shoot a fire arrow at the explosive on the tower.
Floor 5 - Run up the tree to the left, and snipe the nearby Moblin. Then climb it again and do it for the other one. Shoot an arrow at the rope inside the eye of the skull, run in and clean up. If they look like one is about to do the spin move, stasis it.
Floor 6 - Run forward and onto the Talus. Move slightly to the right in order to stay on (though this isn't essential). Use the Spiked Moblin Club you picked up last room and spin to win. The narrowest part between the weak point and the edge of the Talus is the "sweet spot".
Floor 7 - Crouch and use Y to jump forward quietly until getting to the Fairy. It's good to have insurance. I didn't cook anything, because I didn't want effect overriding my attack boost, and I only had 3 recoverable hearts. If you have more, you should cook up some stuff (mix effect ingredients to cancel them out).
*Section 2*
Floor 8 - Climb up the big rock to the left in the water. Snipe the Electric Chu and then bullet time one of the Lizalfos to death. Take the other one out with the Silverscale Spear. Go to the rocks near the one on the tiny island and either bullet time it or get close and use the spear on it. Go to the main (exit) island run to the tiny hill, get a little air off of it, and bullet time the last one. If you don't finish it, use the spear.
Floor 9 - Immediately snipe the close Octorok (might move to the right while pulling, to avoid the rock). Then shoot the other one (aim for the top of its "hair"). Make a Cryonis pillar and jump off it and bullet time the Wizzrobe. Make sure and get the Thunderstorm Rod.
Floor 10 - Yuck. Immediately snipe the Lizalfos in front of you. It takes some getting used to in order to get the head shot, but even if you don't it's not the end of the world. Keep shooting immediately after shooting the previous arrow, just in case you missed, until it's dead. If you are successful, he won't alert the other two. If you aren't and he does, make a Cryonis pillar and quickly jump into the water, angle your self with it between you, and climb halfway up and stay there until the music changes back. Regardless, get on the pier, crouch, and Y to quietly dash towards them (like with the Fairy). Pick one to go after, switch to your Spiked Moblin Club (it is almost broken), and do a sneakstrike. At this point, you can be either lucky or unlucky (for each Lizalfos), so there are strategies for each. Whatever you do, make sure you keep the second one unaware until you've finished the first one, or it's probably all over. I've had both options, but my successful run was "unlucky" for both.
Lucky: the Lizalfos is stunned, and doesn't fall down the ramp. Calmly walk to the front of it (where it would "see" you) and sneakstrike again (yes, it works) repeat (changing weapons as necessary) until dead.
Unlucky: the Lizalfos is stunned and falls down the ramp. I hope you have arrows, because the best way to make sure you don't alert the other one and die is to just keep stunning with headshots (it was somewhere between 12 and 20, I think). You can either freehand it every shot like I did, or jump off and bullet time it. If you do not have enough arrows, alternate between hitting it with the Thunderstorm Rod and using spin-to-win with your highest damage two-hander. It's hard to keep this quiet, but it's possible.
Repeat for the other one, though it should be better for you since you can use the whole area.
Floor 11 - Use Cryonis to make pillars to get close enough to the Moblins to snipe them. Once they're all down, use bombs and/or a two-handed weapon to knock everything into the water (instadeath). You'll have to use a weapon to knock the Moblin because they don't get knocked back from bombs. There are some good weapons to get in here.
Floor 12 - Shoot an arrow (if you have any left) to wake up the Hinox. Once you can see his eye, stasis him and snipe it. Then run forward and hit him. You can hit for awhile once he is up, but it's risky because after too long he will butt slam you. Rinse and repeat, and congrats on beating the trials most people consider the hardest.

Middle Trials:
*Section 3*
Floor 1 - Fly forward to the back and grab the spear, then run (avoiding the other guys' weapons) off the edge and to the right area. Grab the ax and use it to knock the guys on here off, then bullet-time snipe the remaining three guys.
Floor 2 - Snipe the two Wizzrobes when they are not over a platform. Glide over to the Bokoblin on the higher area and either snipe him or spin-to-win. For the guys below, you can fly over them and use bombs to blast them off, or do what I did and knock them off with a two-hander. I lost 3 runs getting hit while trying it though.
Floor 3 - Fly to the Bokoblin in the top diagonally left-front and snipe him. Stasis the middle guy across from you on the ledge and snipe the other two, and then him (they have bomb arrows). Pop the balloons of the guy on the platform, and snipe the remaining two or use a two-hander to knock them off.
Floor 4 - Probably best to snipe its eye and then just hit it, rinse and repeat. I've gotten quite adept at reflecting lasers back at Guardians - even on Master Mode when they delay - but you really shouldn't risk it here.
Floor 5 - Make sure and grab the Fairy for insurance. Cook if you want to.
*Section 4*
Floor 6 - Shoot an arrow at the Electric Chu on the left, then snipe the three remaining (one left, two right) Keese.
Floor 7 - Look for the eyes of the two Fire Breath Lizalfos around the skull - one on the left and one on the right. Shoot them with Ice Arrows for a one-hit kill. Shoot the rope in the eye to take down a lot of the health of the two inside, then use either Stasis and headshots or spin-to-win.
Floor 8 - Go to the left and use an Ice Arrow on the Fire Wizzrobe. Grab the Meteor Rod, and use it on the Bokoblins around the campfire. You can swing it three times, then quickly switch to a different weapon and back to reset it, then do it again. Bokoblins are weak to fire, so it shouldn't take too long.
Floor 9 - Once again, I would recommend sniping its eye and hitting it, repeating as necessary.
Floor 10 - Same as the other Hinox. Stasis, snipe, spin-to-win, repeat.
Floor 11 - Get both Fairies and cook as necessary.
*Section 5*
Floor 12 - Make some Cryonis pillars to hide behind. Climb on top and bullet-time snipe the Guardians. Repeat for all of them.
Floor 13 - Run to the back, stasis-ing the Guardian on the way. Look left and use Magnesis to get the big block. Slam it into the Guardian until it's dead. Hopefully you haven't alerted the other two (though if you have, it's no big deal). If you haven't you can just drop the block on their heads. If you have, just slam it into them as well.
Floor 14 - Make Cryonis pillars to your left and right. Use each one to snipe the close and far Guardian on that side. Run to one of the sides with the beefier Guardians and use a heavy weapon to knock it off. Repeat for the other one.
Floor 15 - Run to the left and shoot a fire arrow at your feet. The Guardians will flock to you and get damaged by it. You can use the updraft to snipe them, though one has a shield, so you can stasis/spin-to-win it.
Floor 16 - Nothing really special here. I prefer spin-to-win on these guys. Snipe it or stasis it when it is about to charge you or shoot a laser.

Final Trials
*Section 6*
Floor 1 - Run to the right and pick up the spear. It's the best to use until it starts to attract lightning, so go around hitting the Stalkoblins twice (once to knock off the head, once to kill the head). If you attract lightning, switch to a different weapon. It's good to pick up all the rusty weapons for later. The Stalkoblin Arms are worthless.
Floor 2 - Take care of the Electric Keese on the right (best to use an arrow; spear or bomb if you can't spare). Throw a bomb into the skull, run in to activate the Lizalfos, run out, and detonate the bomb. Then run in and kill the heads.
Floor 3 - Use bombs to take care of the Electric Chus, and run up to the top. When the Stalmoblins appear, bullet-time them (if you headshot a stal enemy it kills them in one shot, without having to knock the head off).
Floor 4 - Run to the platform to the right and get on it. As the Stalkoblins come close, bullet-time snipe them. For stragglers, get on a Stalhorse and jump off and bullet-time when you're close.
Floor 5 - Treat this like you treated the other Hinox, but when his eye pops out, try to hit it (either a couple hits with a light weapon or one hit with a heavy one) away from the skeleton. Shouldn't be too bad.
Floor 6 - Grab the Fairies, make sure and grab and cook the hearty truffles you can find by the tree, and ***MAKE SURE YOU GRAB THE THREE ANCIENT ARROWS FROM THE CHEST***. Do any other cooking as needed.
*Section 7*
Floor 7 - Use a bomb on the Fire Chu and the two Igne o Pebblets. Drop any rusty weapons you have for the Octorok to suck up and make into better weapons. Sometimes you get lucky (Royal, Knight), sometimes less so (Soldier, Traveler). Worth the lost time on your 3+atk boost, since we will have to cut it short after this section anyway. When done, use a bomb to kill it.
Floor 8 - Stasis the Lizalfos on the left and head over and kill it with the Great Frostblade. Fly to the others and do the same (can't stasis, so just watch out for their arrows).
Floor 9 - Stasis and then snipe the Wizzrobe and run over and kill it with the Frostblade. Jump through the eye of the skull and bullet-time snipe the Moblin. Use the Frostblade on the Lizalfos.
Floor 10 - Stasis the Lizalfos on the right and head over and kill it with the Frostblade. Bullet-time snipe the Moblin on the middle level. Land at the bottom level and ***GRAB THE NEARBY CHEST IN THE LAVA WITH THE THREE ANCIENT ARROWS IN IT***. Now, you can also find a big metal block in there, and use it to bludgeon the other two Moblins, but I died trying that, so I just used a two-hander to knock them into the lava.
Floor 11 - Same as the other Talus, except you have to use the Frostblade on the body first to cool it off. I used spin-to-win with the Frostblade (you should have enough durability left), but you should also have other two-handers by now.
Floor 12 - Grab the three Fairies and cook the hearty radishes (I think) by the tree. Also cook the following meal twice: 1 Sizzlefin Trout, 3 Spicy Peppers. That will give you level 2 cold resist for 10 minutes each. Sadly, you have to get rid of your 3+atk boost. I've seen people skip it and just occasionally pull out a fire weapon/just take damage, but I do not recommend it. Do any other cooking as needed.
*Section 8*
Floor 13 - Snipe the Ice Chu (should freeze one Bokoblin) and then bullet-time snipe one of the black Bokoblins. For the other two, try to pull one at a time, and hit it with your Thunderblade once (to make it drop its weapon), then spin-to-win until it recovers, and repeat. Then do the same for the other one.
Floor 14 - Use the Meteor Rod to hit the Ice Chus and the Ice Lizalfos, then run forward to the small (compared to the others) icicle. Melt it and ***GRAB THE THREE ANCIENT ARROWS FROM THE CHEST***. Use the Thunderblade/spin-to-win technique on the other guys up the platform. You can do the same for the Gold Moblin, but.....I just used one of the 9 Ancient Arrows on it (if you miss, you can recover it, FYI).
Floor 15 - Climb the wall and go a little to the left. Snipe the Icy Wizzrobe with a fire arrow (or regular arrow and then hit it with the Flamespear or Meteor Rod). Make sure you have a weapon slot (if not, drop one), then stasis the Moblin on the left and pick up the sword near it then spin-to-win. If it gets a weapon, use the Thunderblade strategy. Climb up and bullet-time snipe the non-gold Bokoblins around the fire, and then use the Thunderblade strategy on the gold one. I used the second of my 9 Ancient Arrows on it, however, if you want to do the same.
Floor 16 - Use the Meteor Rod to warm-up the body and then use the Stone Smasher to make easy work of it. I managed to fall off and get frozen a couple times, so beware.
Floor 17 - I love fighting Lynels, but.....it's a bit too risky. I used the third of my 9 Ancient Arrows on this one.
Floor 18 - If you haven't used any Fairies like I hadn't, go to your menu and hold them all (should be 5) in your hand and exit the menu and wait a sec. Then there should be three or four more Fairies to get. I had 8 after leaving this (last) respite room, though I never needed to use them. Also grab and cook the Hearty Bass. I made another 3+atk recipe using the bananas from this room and I think Razorshrooms I found. It doesn't last long (like 3 minutes), but I ate it for the next room.
*Section 9*
Floor 19 - The intended way is to fight the one that's aggro'd and then two more aggro so you have to kill them, and then the other three aggro so you have to kill them. But if you go to one that is inactive and snipe its eye, it will wake up. Do this and save the "first" one for last, so you don't get three aggro'd on you (easy to mess up). I hit the eye and then did spin-to-win (should take four hits after the eye hit) on each one.
Floor 20 - I climbed the tree and then used the fourth of my 9 Ancient Arrows on this Guardian.
Floor 21 - I climbed the tower to get the chest and then used the fifth of my Ancient Arrows (4 left) on this Sky Guardian.
Floor 22 - I climbed the tower and sniped the Sky Guardian with the sixth Ancient Arrow. Then I jumped off and sniped the Guardian with the seventh Ancient Arrow (2 left). Just climb the tower and kill the Turret like you killed the broken Guardians.
Floor 23 - Run forward and use your second-to-last Ancient Arrow on the Lynel. Then run up to the raised platform with the chest for a small respite, and then climb the tower and kill the Turret (you can use the last Ancient Arrow if you'd like). Now just paraglide down and bullet-time snipe the mounted Bokoblins. I used all the bomb arrows because it's fun; just watch that you aren't caught in the explosion.

If you made it this far, congrats!

Here are some of the videos I used for reference:

All Trials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqBFB3LNAsE
Speedrun

and (just using the links for the others, so it doesn't bog the thread down)
No-hit Run

Beginning Trials:
Guide
and
No-hit Guide

Middle Trials:
Guide
and
No-hit Guide

Final Trials:
Guide

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whats pretty neat about the trials is how there are distinct environmental themes in every single one, from 'generic forest' to 'wind tunnel'

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jesus christ

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why use weapons to break metal crates at all when you can just Magnesis them, lift them up super high, and drop them a couple times? Save the durability.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

That was a huge thoughtful effortpost but you should really think about how much the average person can handle seeing the phrase 'spin-to-win' before becoming nauseous/enraged/unconscious

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

That was a huge thoughtful effortpost but you should really think about how much the average person can handle seeing the phrase 'spin-to-win' before becoming nauseous/enraged/unconscious

Hah, 17 times! I didn't read through the post, but ctrl+f'd it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Why use weapons to break metal crates at all when you can just Magnesis them, lift them up super high, and drop them a couple times? Save the durability.

Because that takes five seconds, and hitting them with an axe takes no seconds. And the resource conservation angle is completely nil since you can get a new axe/hammer/cobble crusher any time by warping to any stable, goron city, whatever you have available and is easiest, plus it'll take a poo poo ton of hits before any of them break anyway.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Amppelix posted:

Because that takes five seconds, and hitting them with an axe takes no seconds. And the resource conservation angle is completely nil since you can get a new axe/hammer/cobble crusher any time by warping to any stable, goron city, whatever you have available and is easiest, plus it'll take a poo poo ton of hits before any of them break anyway.

Yeah but, during the trials

Probably, I didn't read all that

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Haha, fair enough.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Yeah but, during the trials

Even during the trials, you get slightly more axes and hammers than you get breakable boxes to use them on, and they suck as weapons so what else will you do with them.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Amppelix posted:

Even during the trials, you get slightly more axes and hammers than you get breakable boxes to use them on, and they suck as weapons so what else will you do with them.

Spin-to-win.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Amppelix posted:

feed them to octorocks

eat every tree

I know, you are right, I just conserved the poo poo out of everything during the trials

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The only thing that got me through the trials was cooking a three-armor buff with a dragon horn so it lasted half an hour.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

LividLiquid posted:

The only thing that got me through the trials was cooking a three-armor buff with a dragon horn so it lasted half an hour.

i did the +3 attack, spin to win on the stone talus and moblins before they could get me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the talus in there is pretty easy to stun lock once you get him down the first time. just make sure you jump off his head before he tosses you, draw bow mid air spin around and dome him before touching down, climb up smack em up rinse repeat.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The last room of the final sword trial can gently caress all the way off.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

LividLiquid posted:

The last room of the final sword trial can gently caress all the way off.
This was my strategy for the final room (in spoiler tags in case you want to figure out the room yourself), which I found very easy to use:
Before entering the teleporter, equip Stasis, ancient arrows, your best bow, and your best weapon. When you spawn into the arena, the Lynel will be right ahead of you. Walk a few steps forward and hit it with stasis. With a good bow you should be able to hit it from that range. Calmly take aim and use an ancient arrow to take out the Lynel. Then, climb up to the guardian sentinel. Hit it in the eye with another ancient arrow if you have one. If not, use your best heavy weapon and destroy it with charged attacks. If it starts to target you, use stasis and it'll lose target lock. If you feel confident, you can parry its lasers to destroy it more efficiently. Once that's gone, shoot the bokoblins with whatever arrows you want (I used bomb arrows) while gliding down for bullet time. Just keep climbing up and gliding down, and they won't be much of a threat.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

This was my strategy for the final room (in spoiler tags in case you want to figure out the room yourself), which I found very easy to use:
Before entering the teleporter, equip Stasis, ancient arrows, your best bow, and your best weapon. When you spawn into the arena, the Lynel will be right ahead of you. Walk a few steps forward and hit it with stasis. With a good bow you should be able to hit it from that range. Calmly take aim and use an ancient arrow to take out the Lynel. Then, climb up to the guardian sentinel. Hit it in the eye with another ancient arrow if you have one. If not, use your best heavy weapon and destroy it with charged attacks. If it starts to target you, use stasis and it'll lose target lock. If you feel confident, you can parry its lasers to destroy it more efficiently. Once that's gone, shoot the bokoblins with whatever arrows you want (I used bomb arrows) while gliding down for bullet time. Just keep climbing up and gliding down, and they won't be much of a threat.

Yeah, it's trivial if you've kept your ancient arrows for emergencies.

A Lynel is definitely an emergency.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

yep. save them for the last two or so rooms.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was kind of disappointed by the final room because once you use an ancient arrow on the Lynel it's super easy. I wouldn't want to gently caress with that room without an ancient arrow though, haha.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

That room would be a lot more fun if the stakes weren't so high. Last room of the longest trials? Yeah I'll play it safe.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The trials need a room teleporter or customizer once beaten so you can just tackle a room as you like and just gently caress around.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Going through my second playthrough and while at Goron City I re-discovered the Inn's Karaoke set up and remembered how mad I was that you couldn't actually use it. :mad:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

This girl I've been seeing wanted to play. She loved the original NES game as a kid but hadn't played a Zelda since. It was really interesting watching her start up a game. We really take for granted the muscle memory we learn by wasting enjoying our lives with these dumb great games. But just like Miyamoto, she just wanted to climb trees. :blush:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
But did she climb YOUR tree? :quagmire:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Miyamoto understands Breath of the Wild.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Breath of the Wild is "Climb poo poo & Jump Off", the game. That's the true art of it. It pleases the ancient monkey brains inside of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Miyamoto understands.