Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, this is a hilarious episode and the first season of Ranma 1/2 is really good. Thank god it's equally funny posted out of context with no sense of timing or animation.

Out of context it gains poignancy because of the philosophical question it poses, that when one is threatened with their happiness being taken away, their first reaction is to immediately question whether they have any to be taken, in context with the struggles and absurdities of their life, with possible surprise at and questioning of the idea that they might be considered by others to be happy. In the modern life of most people where the basic necessities and security are not guaranteed and many live stressful lives of overwork, underemployment, lack of fulfilment and opportunity, the idea may particularly resonate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Family Matters is bad too.

Urkel was Sheldon 1.0 but Laura and Karl were good and well developed characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZZ5lXZFMk

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Out of context it gains poignancy because of the philosophical question it poses, that when one is threatened with their happiness being taken away, their first reaction is to immediately question whether they have any to be taken, in context with the struggles and absurdities of their life, with possible surprise at and questioning of the idea that they might be considered by others to be happy. In the modern life of most people where the basic necessities and security are not guaranteed and many live stressful lives of overwork, underemployment, lack of fulfilment and opportunity, the idea may particularly resonate.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru

Content:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stunt model?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
agent big

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bigger Bond theory

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I signed up for Prime Video and was taking a look at what they have available for my region and found this

Someone please tell me this is as funny as I think it is and I'm not Guy Goodbody-ing because this looks like a goddamn LiarTown post

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly, that's a pretty cool diorama. Not saying Gundam is cool, but the perspective and cotton for the dust is neat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's an impressively uncomfortable looking chair.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

there was a guy like that in Asterix Goes To The Olympics but ive failed at googling it up

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

I got Moon Moon :downs:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/XBymV3y.mp4

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

I got Moon Moon :downs:

They're all Moon Moon.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

god drat it

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

:3:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yard chickens can get pretty tame :3:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Yard chickens can get pretty tame :3:

Didn't they sing "For Your Dove"?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/GrantBrisbee/status/989738165807104000

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Portugal, what happened? :(

MayakovskyMarmite posted:

LOL! Can't decide if they look more like the cast members from a web exclusive reality show about guns or a straight to DVD Red Dawn sequel made for Mormons.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/990760049629741057
I'm white as can be and I still find this terrifying.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

trickybiscuits posted:

I'm white as can be and I still find this terrifying.

Really? It comes off as sad and pathetic personally

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm laughing at the fact that more than couple of them are gonna end up with hot brass down their shirts if they actually shoot while dressed like that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sneakyfrog posted:

Really? It comes off as sad and pathetic personally

Assault on Starbucks 13

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wow, Australia apparently has 100,000 per 100,000 incarceration rate.

Convicts :thejoke:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's funny because it's not true, Australia has a much lower incarceration rate than depicted. Because Australia's concentration camps technically aren't on Australian soil, so they don't count in the rankings.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
It's funny because every Australian is a British convict

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hmm, talk me through that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so if two convicts have a baby is the baby a criminal too?

I mean, it probably will be, but I mean like automatically

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sunken fleet posted:

It's funny because every Australian is a British convict

the majority of white Australians are descended from British convicts. But there are also plenty of people who immigrated there by choice, and/or after Transportation ended. Plus there are the aboriginal people, of course. Who far too often get left out in discussions about Australia. While jokes about the criminal history of Australians are extremely funny, they erase the existence of aboriginal people.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Guy Goodbody posted:

While jokes about the criminal history of Australians are extremely funny, they erase the existence of aboriginal people.

Much like how actual Australians have done in real life (by killing them).

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Pictured: every installment of Fox Trot involving Paige and Quincy.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/ian_millan/status/990924890436972544

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Much like how actual Australians have done in real life (by killing them).

The genocide of the native people is the real crime we should talk about when we discuss Australia, as while as their current crimes against migrants which are motivated by the exact same white supremacy

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Clever girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Why's the kid on the right holding his AK by the vertical foregrip instead of where the trigger is?

Because not everyone is right handed Karen. And SOME people are aware of blocking peoples faces off behind them and aren't rude.