Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The art on those reminds me, for some crazy reason, of "The Weird Illustrated Book of Japanese Monsters" art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

CONNECTED IS A KICKASS SONG.

Fight me.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKcXIFi-Rc

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The movie Strange Days that everyone remember thinking the trailers looked awesome, but almost no one actually saw.

God, that's one of those movies I think I just missed, too, because it came and went really quickly, I'm not even sure if our town got in our theater and by the time it hit video there were so many negative reviews I'd lost interest to the point I don't think I've ever seen it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Howard Beale posted:

Ah yes, right alongside the "Marvel Illustrated Swimsuit Issue" annuals, which were peak 90s cheesecake and beefcake pinups with bad puns and cringey captions ("Domino delivers, eh, Cable? Remember, if she takes more than a half hour, it's free!") I'm pretty sure Jim Lee never needed an excuse to draw She-Hulk one-handed, but at least this stuff had a theme.

I was never a comic nerd, but I tried off and on. The only issue of Gen 13 I ever owned was their swimsuit issue probably circa 1994.

JediTalentAgent posted:

The movie Strange Days that everyone remember thinking the trailers looked awesome, but almost no one actually saw.

God, that's one of those movies I think I just missed, too, because it came and went really quickly, I'm not even sure if our town got in our theater and by the time it hit video there were so many negative reviews I'd lost interest to the point I don't think I've ever seen it.

It was on Netflix a few years ago and I think I fell asleep because I can't remember poo poo about it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

JediTalentAgent posted:

I've seen Strange Days multiple times. I had it on VCD and watched it on a modded PSX.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Strange days owns so hard.

Ralph Fiennes being a sleazy shitbag with a heart of gold
Angela Bassett being tough as nails
Juliette Lewis doing pretty rocking covers of PJ Harvey
Michael Wincott being gruff and arrogant and slimy
Tom Sizemore before he became an obese child molester...

And everyone's rocking out to Skunk Anansie because it's the grim future of 1999 and we have memory and sensation recording and playback abilities now.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

soundtrack too good.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quote-Unquote posted:

Strange days owns so hard.

Ralph Fiennes being a sleazy shitbag with a heart of gold
Angela Bassett being tough as nails
Juliette Lewis doing pretty rocking covers of PJ Harvey
Michael Wincott being gruff and arrogant and slimy
Tom Sizemore before he became an obese child molester...

And everyone's rocking out to Skunk Anansie because it's the grim future of 1999 and we have memory and sensation recording and playback abilities now.

Has Michael Wincott ever not been arrogant and slimy in his roles?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Randaconda posted:

Has Michael Wincott ever not been arrogant and slimy in his roles?

Not in anything I've seen him in, but that dude excels in playing the most arrogant and slimy bastards.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there was an episode of Miami Vice where he was nervous and slimy instead of arrogant and slimy, does that count

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've not seen Michael Wincott in anything that didn't come out in the 90s

I reckon he'd make a good Geralt if they ever do a western, live action adaptation of the Witcher

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quote-Unquote posted:

I've not seen Michael Wincott in anything that didn't come out in the 90s

I reckon he'd make a good Geralt if they ever do a western, live action adaptation of the Witcher

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/929403/the-witcher-netflix-release-date-trailer-cast-plot-geralt-of-riva-mads-mikkelsen

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quote-Unquote posted:

Not in anything I've seen him in, but that dude excels in playing the most arrogant and slimy bastards.

He was pretty good as the villain in the Crow, and as a minor villain in Prince of Thieves.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

Showed up on my Youtube feed tonight. Holy poo poo, I don't remember this video being such distilled 90s

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

Showed up on my Youtube feed tonight. Holy poo poo, I don't remember this video being such distilled 90s

:same:

this has probably been posted, but watching this from the windows 95 install disc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Crystal Pepsi in cans wins the “Screen Door on a Submarine” award for most self-defeating product.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

I forgot about PB max, I loved the poo poo out of those things. And Butterfinger BBs were better because the brittle core of a Butterfinger crumbles all over the place if you're not super careful. I guess they have the Butterfinger bites or whatever now but BBs were the OG one bite Butterfinger.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was Crystal Pepsi a lemon and lime drink or was it just Pepsi except clear instead of brown?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was Crystal Pepsi a lemon and lime drink or was it just Pepsi except clear instead of brown?

The latter. It's why it wasn't really popular except as a gimmick: people were so used to colorless soft drinks being lemon-lime that it weirded them out to have a cola taste instead.

And why having it in cans is so useless, since then you're just drinking regular Pepsi with a different label.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I remember loving the gently caress out of crystal Pepsi but I was also very young when it came out. The idea of it being clear but tasting like Pepsi made it seem magical somehow. Plus all of my favorite Nintendo games had magic crystals!

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015
I always loved Crystal Pepsi. I hate the nasty feeling caramel color leaves on your teeth after drinking artificially colored soft drinks like cola. I saw they brought it back a year or two ago but only the regular Pepsi, not diet.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm not gonna lie that Crystal Pepsi is the only sugar soda I will pour down my gullet like a dehydrated pitcher plant.
Diet Crystal Pepsi coming back would be the dream that ispires me to run for President.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This was the only thing in your post that I both did not remember, nor consume a shitload of during the ages of 9 and 18.

chitoryu12 posted:

Crystal Pepsi in cans wins the “Screen Door on a Submarine” award for most self-defeating product.

I remember the "selling point" of Crystal Pepsi was that it didn't have all those nasty additives that other colas had. I seem to recall that the early 90's there really was a public push to eat better and being more environmentally conscious (that may be the most 90's thing of all).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:wtc: how did I not know that Redneck Rampage had a sequel/expansion pack?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eBn1z7i2u4

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

wow

such nintendo

such graphic

wow

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's often harder on the console than the cart.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It had its own taste, but it was a cola taste. It was not identical to regular pepsi.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Transistor Rhythm posted:

It had its own taste, but it was a cola taste. It was not identical to regular pepsi.

I remember the flavor having a lollypop like finish

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was identical at first, then they changed it to taste more lemon-lime towards the end.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Crystal Pepsi looks really good compared to the worst Pepsi variant, Holiday Spice, which tasted like someone opened a can of Pepsi and left it on the counter overnight.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lemon Pepsi was great and I wish they would bring it back. I can't remember what they actually called it, I think it was Pepsi Twist?

And why is it that every special edition flavor of the Mountain Dew rainbow gets shelf space forever but anything else gets chucked after a couple of months?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rain was dope, it was pretty refreshing, at least as far as sugar water goes. The rest were just as cloyingly sweet as everything else though.

quote:

But this, wow, I'm getting a sick headache around my eyes just thinking about the sweetness of Fruitopia. And that's coming from someone who practically mainlined Surge. of course I actually like La Croix et al but come on

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

To this day I don't understant why people liked Fruitopia.

It was like drinking pure syrup.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

That is a legit awesome ad.

Everything in the 90s was shot at sunset:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

That game was great. I also had Mummy Tomb of the Pharaoh and I peed my pants when the mummy finally jumped out at me after about 4 hours of murder mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOtpldCdHxg