Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

Jerami Grant is what everyone hoped KJ McDaniels would become

KJ's mom ended up being a more valuable team asset than KJ, RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Russ is nu-AI

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm not a big fan of westbrook. in fact, there are times where i can be a borderline hater

but the fact is he's not as bad as his detractors make him out to be, but he's also not the basketball god his fans hype him up as

he really is a complicated player and like some other complicated players, you have to take the good with the bad. its all part of the same package

Basically this. It's not like he isn't insanely talented or anything. But man he's very self limited. If I had to pay to watch a player, Russ would be on my list. If I had to follow a team to watch them win, I'd fire him into the sun.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

i like russell westbrook because he's a basketball psycopath (like kobe) that isn't also a regular psycopath (like kobe)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Welcome Thunder fans. Do you want to give Paul George the Super Max?

Hahah I missed this post, but Rick, please tell me I'm right for reading this in a slightly pleading and hopeful voice

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Algund Eenboom posted:

i like russell westbrook because he's a basketball psycopath (like kobe) that isn't also a regular psycopath (like kobe)

he also jacked up a billion shots against the jazz in the last game of a season (like kobe)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah I missed this post, but Rick, please tell me I'm right for reading this in a slightly pleading and hopeful voice

Hahah, absolutely.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Another NBA post-season, another PG13 Gatorade commercial to remind you that whatever team he's on has been knocked out of the playoffs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

i..is this a conversation about okc and russ thats not just shouting hot takes

This forum is good. Also sorry you have to deal with idiots Metapod.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

IcePhoenix posted:

he also jacked up a billion shots against the jazz in the last game of a season (like kobe)

Airballed multiple threes against the Jazz like Kobe, other than not being a rapist this comparison is pretty strong

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/876822079554945024?s=19

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Maybe the Bucks will get a real coach instead of, uh

*checks notes*

Joe Prunty, who the hell

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Send Bud to milwaukee

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

Send Bud to milwaukee

How much you paying

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

scuz posted:

Another NBA post-season, another PG13 Gatorade commercial to remind you that whatever team he's on has been knocked out of the playoffs

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Russ is a million times better than late stage kobe but still a gomer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome to The Bucks. Please get a new coach.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Proe Junty

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Welcome to the Indiana Pace Cars

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pacers join about 3 months later than I assumed they would.

Was a fun season to watch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Indiana has nothing to be ashamed of, they played hard and looked really good at times. If they can add a difference maker in the offseason or one of their young guys can take a step forward (like Turner or Sabonis, and I saw that potential with Sabonis for sure), they can be a top 3 seed for years to come in the East.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Athanatos posted:

Pacers join about 3 months later than I assumed they would.

Was a fun season to watch.

No shame in getting GOATed by the GOAT.

The entire core is under contract for next season, so no reason to think they won't have another shot next year. I'm already getting hype for 2018-19.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Free agents I wouldn't mind the Mavs going after:
Assuming they would only try for one of the big men, listed in order of preference.

tier 1
Clint Capela, (RFA) Going after Capela would depend on if they draft a center or not. Regardless, I assume Houston will match offers on Capela.

Julius Randle, (RFA) Mavs allegedly had a chance to trade for him midseason and didn't. This will likely prove foolish and I assume the Lakers will match any deals made with Randle.

tier 2
Aaron Gordon, (RFA) I would assume the Magic would match any deals for him as losing him might be rough for them. Flawed but would likely look better playing under Carlisle.

tier 3
Jabari Parker, (RFA) The most likely to switch teams as his current team looks to be pushing him out the door. Put together some good moments in the playoffs but looking too much into this would be similar to wanting to draft a guy who got hot in March Madness. If they could get him on a decent deal go for it, otherwise hopefully not.

Mario Hezonja, (UFA) (for a sixth man role) Might be a fun pairing for off the bench offense with Yogi. Would like to see him play under a different coach but don't want the Mavs to offer him a large contract.

I do not want the Mavs to go after Cousins. Signing him to a max deal when he is more likely to never be himself again wouldn't be a good move for the team. This may contradict my thoughts below regarding a potential Whiteside trade, but I think that would be more likely to pan out atm. (Though I'm not that would be likely to work well either.)

Would not be shocked to see the Mavs trade Wes Matthews in the offseason. He is their best perimeter defender but that is kind of wasted on the current team. If the Mavs draft Doncic, wouldn't be shocked to see a Matthews Whiteside trade. Might be a disaster but the team is rebuilding so a disaster simply means one more decent draft pick. Ideal situation would be Matthews for a younger player and a late first. (unlikely to happen.)

I'm not ready to predict who the Mavs will go after in the draft until after 3 teams leap them in the lotto. I assume they want a center or Doncic.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 30, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The proposed Mavs Randle trades were so bad for the Lakers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The one I heard thrown around (though who knows if any of it was true) that I thought would have been good for the Lakers (if they are actually going after big free agents) was Randle, Deng, 2nd round pick for Powell, Noel, and McRoberts. Randle ended up being a good player so it looks worse now but it would have cleared a lot of space for the Lakers and advanced stats love Powell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hadn't seen Deng or Powell included, that would be a bit more tolerable.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/991371281177235457

Anyone know who this guy is

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

He's pretty well regarded in Portland, credited for most of the guard development.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/swish41/status/991349838221598721?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

He's been in the running for half the HC jobs that have opened up in the past few years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/991814506102837248

I am happy

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

:same:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That is a little surprising. Doesn't help the wolves much cap wise though.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Helps with "we don't need any more Bazzketball" though!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

He so wants to beat John Wall's rear end.
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/991919960938156033?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

His dad is a boxer, so not surprised. Also, fighting in the NHL is vanishing fast. Still happens, but no where near the glory days of it (mostly because the players who would fight regularly usually aren't really good at much else, and they're being replaced by players who are better at that other stuff, like scoring).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

That is a little surprising. Doesn't help the wolves much cap wise though.

Me not wanting Crawford anymore doesn't have anything to do with the cap tbh

scuz posted:

Helps with "we don't need any more Bazzketball" though!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
ITT we post the dumbest takes, cockamamiest stories, and most ludicrous yarns on where LeBron winds up next year:

some goofus on reddit posted:

I know I'm going to get downvoted for this, but I have a good friend who works at Benilde-St. Margaret's [ed. an affluent private high school in the Minneapolis metro area]. He told me today that representatives from King James's camp have contacted the school about LeBron Jr. enrolling there next year. Apparently LeBron and Thibs are still on great terms from Team USA, and he's infatuated about the prospect of playing with and mentoring KAT whom he views as a generational talent. He also apparently loves the Mary Tyler Moore show and wants to move to Minneapolis because of it (I couldn't make this poo poo up).

You heard it here first.

• Locked thread