Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Cybershell has found the Phantom Ruby and has entered the Sonicverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I hope Cybershell is okay, he got me back into Sonic when he came back to YT.

...So I guess I should resent him for that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

hosed up that even without putting out any work and being quiet he's still getting on the 300~ range on patreon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sonic Mania Adventures: Episode 2 came outta nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh gosh, Tails is so adorable! :3:

Eggman, you cheating jerk! You know you need to complete a special stage first before you can get a Chaos Emerald!

I'm not sure what scares me more, Eggman bending the laws of Sonic's universe to his whims, or Sonic and Tails' team-up move where they spin around being a terrible reminder of Sonic 4 Episode 2.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

amigolupus posted:

Oh gosh, Tails is so adorable! :3:

Eggman, you cheating jerk! You know you need to complete a special stage first before you can get a Chaos Emerald!

I'm not sure what scares me more, Eggman bending the laws of Sonic's universe to his whims, or Sonic and Tails' team-up move where they spin around being a terrible reminder of Sonic 4 Episode 2.

Well I mean they do that in Mania's intro too :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Missed opportunity not having that move in Plus. Then again that's a bit Sonic Advance 3.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Well that exact joke is in the Youtube move description but I guess noone reads those :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's really dumb how happy those cartoons make me but they do. They're just so charming.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This is probably a bad time to mention that I really, really hate Chao Garden. Like of all the things I don't want to do in a game, putting in a load of tedious busywork so I can watch a minigame play out is right up there.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/991383566545108993?s=19

Anyway, the best feature is obviously the custom character, so there's no worry that any of you will vote for anything else.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What is it like being so incredibly wrong? Does it hurt?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Custom Character is so so so good.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This is probably a bad time to mention that I really, really hate Chao Garden. Like of all the things I don't want to do in a game, putting in a load of tedious busywork so I can watch a minigame play out is right up there.

Anyway, the best feature is obviously the custom character, so there's no worry that any of you will vote for anything else.

Chao garden was 100% optional so don't worry about it

Only sexual deviants will vote for custom character over chao garden

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can I vote for Chao Garden and Customizable character?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zelder posted:

Chao garden was 100% optional so don't worry about it.

Unless you're trying to get all the emblems that is (I think there's a few of them that are tied to the Chao Races anyway but I could be wrong). But yeah, as far as the main game goes you don't have to touch it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 1, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

100%'ing a game is 200% optional

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shadowlyger posted:

Can I vote for Chao Garden and Customizable character?

Just combine the two. You can thank me later Sega.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just combine the two. You can thank me later Sega.

so... a chao that evolves to look like your custom character?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There is no possible scenario that involves Sega bringing back Chao gardens without turning them into gacha/IAP traps.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

Famitsu: I can’t help but expect a sequel after hearing about the development team’s high motivation.

Iizuka: Maybe the next one will be Sonic Mania’ (Dash) then [laughs]. Jokes aside, with the release of the physical version in Sonic Mania Plus, it feels like we did everything we could for the Sonic Mania project.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Iizuka noooo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I mean, Mania=/=the devs or classic sonic. If they said they were done with Generations following a similar question, it wouldn't mean they were dropping the style.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

i like Chao Garden, but it doesn't work well in the Adventure games except as a crutch to keep the player going through unfun chunks of them, if that makes sense? like, if Chao Garden were its own thing with the "collecting Chao stuff in stages" gameplay loop swapped for something else, it would be rad as poo poo, but if you like all of the stuff in the SA games it's basically totally superfluous, and if you don't like the games at all, having to play the levels to collect stuff is tedious as gently caress. it's in a really weird spot with how it fits in, where i can't really see Sega using the feature in a game they're actually 100% confident in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ve had the SA1 Chao Garden music stuck in my head for almost 20 years.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

quote:

it feels like we did everything we could for the Sonic Mania project.

What exactly did izuka do for sonic mania again?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

What exactly did izuka do for sonic mania again?

Oversaw the project, basically greenlit it, provided resources for the game to be made, ultimately approved and suggested elements that were used in the final game, etc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't read into that comment too much, all he's saying is they're not going to continue adding content to the existing Mania game.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There is no possible scenario that involves Sega bringing back Chao gardens without turning them into gacha/IAP traps.

do you know how much money im prepared to spend

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Don't read into that comment too much, all he's saying is they're not going to continue adding content to the existing Mania game.

Actually it means they're not making any more Sonic games, ever.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Mania 2 is all original zones, if it’s a thing. It won’t be as exciting if they do the same kinda thing again.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 2, 2018

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was in response to a question about a sequel, so who knows.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What is it like being so incredibly wrong? Does it hurt?
Well, all the games it was in were bad so presumably it took resources away from making them good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is a perfect video game.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Make it a mobile game, fill it to the brim with microtransactions and I will still probably play it to death

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Were there ever any sales figures released for Mania and Forces? I'm curious to see how they fared against each other.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mania's confirmed to have sold over a million copies.

Forces doesn't have sales figures but there's been no suggestion that it flopped or that Sega is unsatisfied with how it sold. These games have always been relatively review-proof, so I'm sure it did okay.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sonic games are in that zone where the primary demographic does not care about or even read reviews. And on top of that, the hardcore sonic fans will buy every game anyway.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Frankston posted:

Were there ever any sales figures released for Mania and Forces? I'm curious to see how they fared against each other.

I did my duty and bought both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I did my duty and bought both.

:same: