Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

thrawn527 posted:

What is everyone's opinion on Thanos? I have him unlocked, but under geared and under leveled because I'm broke. So I haven't been able to really use him yet. A SWGOH friend of mine is pretty underwhelmed, likening him to General Grevious in that game.

He doesn't seem great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
He’s a superstar in raids. Tanky AF with a massive self heal AoE.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
He's a good sustain replacement for xbones in raids. With Drax and night nurse he's good at grinding enemies down and alternating taunts. Barring teamwide attacks or unlucky chains, they'll keep squishies up for days. I'm not a fan of that teamup on boss fights tho since they're built for longer fights and you really don't want bosses using their ults if you can avoid it. Much prefer a precharged xbones to nuke stuff down hard.

For reference I have him at about 45 with gear 7. Skills are on the lower end tho. I haven't been impressed by the scaling on the damage numbers thus far per upgrade.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I got kicked from an alliance for not logging in for a few days, which alliance can I get back into?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

RosaParksOfDip posted:

He's a good sustain replacement for xbones in raids. With Drax and night nurse he's good at grinding enemies down and alternating taunts. Barring teamwide attacks or unlucky chains, they'll keep squishies up for days. I'm not a fan of that teamup on boss fights tho since they're built for longer fights and you really don't want bosses using their ults if you can avoid it. Much prefer a precharged xbones to nuke stuff down hard.

For reference I have him at about 45 with gear 7. Skills are on the lower end tho. I haven't been impressed by the scaling on the damage numbers thus far per upgrade.

His passive and AOE are probably worth keeping maxed if you use him a lot. The AOE gaining damage plus also a higher drain percentage as you skill it ends up having a bigger impact than youd think. Getting his second skill to where it always applies offense down is good too.

That being said, I have Cap and Drax on my A team and Xbones on my B team and will really only need Thanos as another body in the cosmic (and eventually mystic) campaign.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Rad Valtar posted:

I got kicked from an alliance for not logging in for a few days, which alliance can I get back into?

Yeah, sorry about that - we have gotten a bit more serious since about a week ago and are looking for goons with active accounts. If you think you’ll be able to log in frequently and raid/do your dailies you are more than welcome to come back into Great Lakes!

If you’d prefer to go elsewhere I know Groot Squad has openings, but they are having issues after a number of their members consolidated with another alliance.

Edit: speaking of which, the goon known as Mancall hasn’t been online for four days and may end up getting kicked tomorrow. After that our player base is frequently in the game so I don’t know when we’ll have another opening. So if you want to be a Great Lakes Goon Squad join the discord or search for us in game!

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 30, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

hop into the Goonfinity Wars discord and post in recruitment.

https://discord.gg/2vaETw

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That 50 raid don't play but we got that poo poo to 60% so I think we're doing pretty solid

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

That 50 raid don't play but we got that poo poo to 60% so I think we're doing pretty solid

yeah if you can tier 2 it, it's easily the better option

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 30, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah it’s 50s from here on out. Whale out with your tail out!!!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
If this actually sold characters I would whale out so bad, but as it stands, I won't spend a dime for energy or currency, that's just stupid.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a guild to just play casually and unlock characters eventually, not right away, Groot squad is for you! I'm personally ten shards from Thanos, and we are doing ok in the tier two raids. None of us are 60 but I'm 55 and I've gotten most characters besides strange and Widow unlocked so I plan on bulking up all my characters to have plenty of a and b teams.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Need to take some time to shore B team up. My A team is mostly 8k with Wolvie and Thanos at 9.3k~. But then Drax and Quake, two very good folks I have, are plateaued at 6k. And then of course my C team is loving nothing. Didn't stop 4k Big Pun from stepping up today tho.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

Need to take some time to shore B team up. My A team is mostly 8k with Wolvie and Thanos at 9.3k~. But then Drax and Quake, two very good folks I have, are plateaued at 6k. And then of course my C team is loving nothing. Didn't stop 4k Big Pun from stepping up today tho.

My starting five are Yondu, Quake, Gamora, Cap, and Xbones, all north of 11k power.

Then ya got NN clocking in at a whopping 6k.

Then an ocean of ~4k dudes at gear 5 with no blue atiblities at all.

I just finished off my arena team's blue skills and gear and will now focus on NN/villain/cosmic/blaster filler.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

HebrewMagic posted:

Now 60% the Thanos Raid 3.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heroes 6-6 is some RNG bullshit. I had to do it 4 times because the AI would heal block thor turn 1 and then proceed to gently caress his poo poo up before I could do anything.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
What semi-casual crew has spaces? Heat Lakes was full when I searched and Groom Squad doesn't show up in results for me.

*edit" that's a typo but I'm leaving it for posterity

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 1, 2018

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Here is the latest hot take from reddit on which heroes are great/good/ok/bad:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBv1YT4rcoQzcp02kohMTjGJnY5v5WrQ8O1SWWy8hso/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
Hey wodje and Felix Kell, have you quit the game? If not, log in so we can 60% our first 50!

Also, two Dr. Strange blitzes in a row is pretty lovely.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I just went broke leveling and gearing my beautiful new purple boy Thomas. I can tell he will be a great raid character, the drain gives him some nice sustain.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I Am Goon just got 60% on the L50 raid, woooo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Woohoo!!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

What semi-casual crew has spaces? Heat Lakes was full when I searched and Groom Squad doesn't show up in results for me.

"Groot" Squad

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Now that my A-team is all Gear level 7-8 and star level 4, I think it's time to finally focus on a B-team. The grind to improve people past that level for the A-team is really boring anyway.

edit: Thanos has changed up my play style a bit. Now I tend to leave a Yondu/Kingpin/whoever around so I can get a few more bodies to hit with his AoE heal instead of just burning them down immediately

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 1, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

"Groot" Squad

Yeah that's what I was searching for but now I wanna start a r/niceguys crew.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Almost 300k in blitz so far. I know I'll break 600k, but im not sure how far 600k I should push it. I know the last blitz was 600k for strange, and I feel like many people aren't sitting on a ton of blitz cores this time.

I just lucked into beating nexus 5-9 with 3* too. Hulk can die and you can 3* FYI.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 1, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Requested Great Lakes as WerrWaaa

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

WerrWaaa posted:

Requested Great Lakes as WerrWaaa

Sorry, but we filled up yesterday. I believe groot Squad still has room, though!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I just realized you can quit Raid battles and still keep your guys :aaa: For some reason I thought they would get instantly KO'd if you quit

So if most of your team wipes and you have 1-2 guys with health left you can just quit the battle and mix them in with your B and C team. The only cost being your raid energy. Or maybe this is common knowledge

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Away all Goats posted:

I just realized you can quit Raid battles and still keep your guys :aaa: For some reason I thought they would get instantly KO'd if you quit

So if most of your team wipes and you have 1-2 guys with health left you can just quit the battle and mix them in with your B and C team. The only cost being your raid energy. Or maybe this is common knowledge

What the gently caress? Why is this not explained anywhere? Is there some big flashing "Leave Battle" button I missed? or do you just close the app?

Edit: apparently there's some menu in the top left I'll check out next time my raid doodads recharge.

davebo fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 2, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

davebo posted:

What the gently caress? Why is this not explained anywhere? Is there some big flashing "Leave Battle" button I missed? or do you just close the app?

It's the three horizontal lines at the top left above the time controls

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

There's also a button called "View Teams" in the same menu which lets you see the power score of everyone on both teams. I find this useful for Blitz as you can target the biggest threats.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Great Lakes Goons, we were 0.9% away from 100% on the current Ultimus Raid. Shameful.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Tut Tut. Shameful

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hammerstein posted:

Great Lakes Goons, we were 0.9% away from 100% on the current Ultimus Raid. Shameful.

I'm not on the same team, but in Catman's Shameful Secret we ran into a raid node node that somehow got cut off from access to anyone that prevented a 100%. It was frustrating as hell.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I gave in and switched out JJ for Wolfie since I figured his much better damage and the fact I'll get 5 free shards every day so hes always going to be leveling is worth losing the Energy and debuff stripping, since I just kill that much faster.

Also I have a 5* Xbox hell yeh

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Sorry, but we filled up yesterday. I believe groot Squad still has room, though!

Requested join as Swordowner

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 2, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

New Leaf posted:

I'm not on the same team, but in Catman's Shameful Secret we ran into a raid node node that somehow got cut off from access to anyone that prevented a 100%. It was frustrating as hell.

Yeah you really need to get people to look at the connecting lines between nodes to see which direction they are moving. Having a few of your heavy hitters wait until other people have fizzled out is usually a good idea but it’s tough because they are also usually the most active and want to start clearing poo poo ASAP.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So, the easiest way to do raids from what I've seen high up guilds do is assign a strike team and raid number to each person in the guild. The stronger players get the tougher routes, the weaker players get weaker routes with more options for assistance from others. That way you raid the same path for each raid every day. You log in, do your route, and then you're off. You don't need to worry about who needs help where or people taking the wrong path. You just assign a path to each person, make sure every is following the same strat, and you go about your business. A lot of the lower guilds I've seen aren't assigning people. They are just having people pick their own paths.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The issue with that system is assuming people are 100% active. Sometimes you have people who are like, 80% active. They'll often participate but occasionally not.. and that can gently caress a whole run from hitting 100.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya, I agree. I wouldn't say it's applicable to all guilds, as each guild has it's own objective. But if you are actually trying to push rewards, you need an alliance with active players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Zotix posted:

So, the easiest way to do raids from what I've seen high up guilds do is assign a strike team and raid number to each person in the guild. The stronger players get the tougher routes, the weaker players get weaker routes with more options for assistance from others. That way you raid the same path for each raid every day. You log in, do your route, and then you're off. You don't need to worry about who needs help where or people taking the wrong path. You just assign a path to each person, make sure every is following the same strat, and you go about your business. A lot of the lower guilds I've seen aren't assigning people. They are just having people pick their own paths.

Let's make this game more of a chore, sounds awesome

• Locked thread