Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what do they call steam sales in europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
battle royale sales with cheese

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

physical media owns

My blu-ray of The 08th MS Team showed up today I’m told that show is pretty good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last episode is kind of meh and pointless but otherwise yeah.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

I guarantee no one thinks Dragon Quest 7 is the greatest game ever made, including all of the 4 million Japanese people who bought it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

A sale with cheese

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I buy physical games it's just physical stores I don't do.

Crawling across the floor, dehydrated and bladder ruptured, the Amazon warehouse packer gazes at the sorceress' watermelon boobs and whispers through parched lips "loving perv."

Sakurazuka posted:

The last episode is kind of meh and pointless but otherwise yeah.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

:madmax:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

Teenage Mutant Hero Sales, at least pre-Brexit.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know we probably won't get it again but I kinda miss the days of the varied and non-standard physical pc game boxes where they'd do all kinds of weird poo poo and they'd have lots of space to put cool poo poo by having the front cover that would open up and stuff.

If I was rich I'd pick up that myst kickstarter $170 tier because I am exactly the kind of jackass who would love to have a fake myst book that plays a video on a screen when you open the book up but I just cannot justify that price in any way, shape, or form. Hell, I can't justify the $100 tier either and that's just the book sans animated screen but with physical copies of the games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I feel like making your own Myst book would actually be a pretty simple hobby project, and cost far less than $170.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Only 90s kids remember this!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I had the Myst novels as a kid and it was super
cool because they had the same cover style as the actual linking books in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol I just remembered the FF7 remake is supposed to be episodic.

That was like three development/leadership shakeups ago so who the hell knows what's going on now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

One if my favorite details in Pop Team Epic is that the fake harem/idol anime that opens the series and gets a preview after the credits clearly completely falls apart in the last episode

Also I had completely forgotten that joke in Akiba''s Trip and it's probably the best joke in that game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

Saint Freak posted:

univbee posted:

Teenage Mutant Hero Sales, at least pre-Brexit.

I laughed ridiculously hard at these :D

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

physical media owns

i agree

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Count me as a big titty liker

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/02/yoko-taro-made-sinoalice-skin-told-gacha-games-need-show-skin/

Yoko Taro posted:

“I was told that mobile gacha games don’t sell unless it shows plenty of skin, so I decided to give Dorothy this equipment.”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skypie posted:

How much will I be looked down on by a store clerk if I buy Dragons Crown Pro

Nobody really gives a poo poo probably. Hell when I used to shop at a GameStop regularly where I used to live I was apparently the only person to ever visit the store and buy a Vita game so whenever I came back the woman who worked there would try to upsell me on trashy games and used the phrase "anime tits" regularly.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

exquisite tea posted:

You have to figure there is probably a non-zero number of people who have been crushed to death by their own video game collection.

This is how I want to finally go out

In Training posted:

Nobody really gives a poo poo probably. Hell when I used to shop at a GameStop regularly where I used to live I was apparently the only person to ever visit the store and buy a Vita game so whenever I came back the woman who worked there would try to upsell me on trashy games and used the phrase "anime tits" regularly.

lol that owns

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The real problem with physical media is that my PS4 sounds like it's dying whenever I play a game with a disc.

Also I forget how to eject the drat thing on the console and end up doing it from the in-game menu :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

suuma posted:

The real problem with physical media is that my PS4 sounds like it's dying whenever I play a game with a disc.

Weird. Normally it just spins up once to confirm it's a legit disc for the game in question and then the rest plays from the hard drive.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Maybe my fans are full of dust or something but I only notice it when playing games I have discs for. I feel like it spins off/on the whole time though.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Probotector with cheese.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I buy physical games because new big titles on the PS4 are 10€ more expensive digital pretty much every time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

EA Sports posted:

let's consider the worlds most divisive rpg ever made to highlight the taste differences that can be at play here.

Dragon warrior 7 is a masterclass in its genre, selling well over four million copies in japan and being praised by critics all over the country.

In america, it mostly got panned critically and sold like garbage. i played about ten hours of the game about seven years ago, and at the time it felt like an adequate jrpg with a simplistic story. It wasn't til I beat the area I was in that

I realized that game was insanely huge. supposedly taking 200 hours to get through the main game. all the interest i had with the characters and story suddenly morphed into migraine inducing tedium.

I don't think it's a bad game but i know i will never feel an interest in playing it again, this distaste i have to the game does not change how I ultimately feel about it as a total package, which is, if you love jrpg milieu

it's the greatest game ever made.

i feel like this ignores the fact that dq in japan has a huge historical context and lasting appeal that's given it the level of hype american critics usually reserve for big aaa western games, and that coupled with the language barrier likely dwarfed impressions of individual opinion on the game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's just going for a different audience.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So apparently Rockstar really are insisting RDR2 is coming this year and have announced the release date as October 26th
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/991693807044452353

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

So apparently Rockstar really are insisting RDR2 is coming this year and have announced the release date as October 26th
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/991693807044452353

Wait is it not getting a PC version?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

univbee posted:

I'm sure it will but it won't come out until like a year later

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

I mean, the original didn't :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

univbee posted:

Hmm, buy it two or three times first and then we'll tell you.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean, the original didn't :v:

You fool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPceEI0Q0W8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wow. I remember Josh Sawyer has posted on these forums (it's been years since I've been in an Obsidian game thread here) but has he commented on this

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Hmm, buy it two or three times first and then we'll tell you.

Way ahead of you.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow. I remember Josh Sawyer has posted on these forums (it's been years since I've been in an Obsidian game thread here) but has he commented on this

He still posts here regularly but he hasn't commented on this. Eric Fenstermaker has posted a rebuttal but you'll have to look at rpgcodex to find it so good luck lol.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ropekid posts in the PoE2 thread semi-regularly

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The taint is in me
I will replay dark dawn when I get home
Pray for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

My blu-ray of The 08th MS Team showed up today I’m told that show is pretty good
It’s not terrible but kind of weak tbh.

• Locked thread