Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo did I miss it

I ship Amos and Drummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:stonk: human trials

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:gonk:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man that was a great filler episode and I don’t mean that as a criticism, poo poo is gonna go buck wild next week

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i thought they established a while ago that the protomolecule is a singular consciousness

or maybe that was just holdens group

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Hexel posted:

i thought they established a while ago that the protomolecule is a singular consciousness

or maybe that was just holdens group

I think the lead scientist that the belters captured knew about the shared consciousness, but he was also crazy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

I think the lead scientist that the belters captured knew about the shared consciousness, but he was also crazy.

ah yeah that guy he was the one who could kinda understand the whole things 'thoughts'

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 8 is called It Reaches Out

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

What time does the latest episode show up on iTunes/Amazon? Midnight EST?

I am disappointed in SyFy's insistence on censoring Best Character's fucks.

Midnight PST

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

Midnight PST

Dammit. Thanks.

Also for those who haven't watched one of Cas Anvar's live AMA streams he did one today and it's awesome. He seems like a really awesome guy who enjoys the hell out of what he does.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phi230 posted:

Episode 8 is called It Reaches Out

Confirmed.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Man that was a great filler episode and I don’t mean that as a criticism, poo poo is gonna go buck wild next week

I read this and immediately thought "that was a filler episode?!"

Taintrunner posted:

Avasarala in that flight suit makes me feel all sorts of weird.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I haven't been able to keep up with the thread for the most part this season, but did Errinwright suddenly become an evil mastermind during the S2 finale? I seem to remember him constantly bumbling around as Chrisjen politicks circles around him, now he's manipulating everyone.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Errinwright is still kinda bumbling about in that he cannot clean up Avasrala but he does have the secretary-general wrapped around his finger.

Slick
Jun 6, 2003
Same sentiment across random spoiler reddit threads, Drummer's gotta get more lines. More screen time.

Smokey eyes is in all the political jokes right now. Hers are the best.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait for that video to get leaked. Errinwright is hosed.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Well, that was a very brief change of heart for Mao

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The Roci crew have been in their wierdness bubble too long, it's quite normal for someone to be flabbergasted when a fugitive UN Deputy Undersecretary enters the room. Wearing a racing suit. On a Martian ship. Crewed by Belters. Give the poor boy some slack Chrisjen.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Taintrunner posted:

poo poo did I miss it

Amos never disapoints.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like Mao saw Julie in Mei, but then when the actual results became apparent, his "I can use this" instinct kicked in.

And I loved how Bobbie just comes into the CnC and its all "whats all this then? deadly standoff? pfft, I'm not in danger here". Like she's not even worried at all about the sailor holding the gun because she know she can take it away from them without a thought, and i'd not be surprised if her undersuit is armored in some way. the Daniel Bruel looking guy being "oh poo poo thats Recon" was a good addition.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread for the most part this season, but did Errinwright suddenly become an evil mastermind during the S2 finale? I seem to remember him constantly bumbling around as Chrisjen politicks circles around him, now he's manipulating everyone.

a lot of his bumbling around in the first season was a long con basically, he was plotting all this stuff from the beginning behind her back.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cojawfee posted:

I can't wait for that video to get leaked. Errinwright is hosed.

Friendship with Errinwright is ended. Now Anna is my best friend

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
For a while there I kinda expected Mao's change of heart to stick. I was expecting Strickland to have him killed or inject him with the protomolecule or something like that.

That ending and his re-change of heart though. :stonk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What do you think that kibble was, some sort of rice and bean/lentil curry something or another? I'd probably rather have that than fake cheese lasagna.

And I would have just told those dumbass sailors from the get go that "we're on a super secret mission, SODs"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

What do you think that kibble was, some sort of rice and bean/lentil curry something or another? I'd probably rather have that than fake cheese lasagna.

And I would have just told those dumbass sailors from the get go that "we're on a super secret mission, SODs"

I want that recipe. I'm down for Space Indian.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
"Kibbled" means coarsely ground or chopped so some form of curry seems like a reasonable guess. Probably beans/lentils/mushrooms based since that sort of thing seems like it would be most available to belters.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloom posted:

"Kibbled" means coarsely ground or chopped so some form of curry seems like a reasonable guess. Probably beans/lentils/mushrooms based since that sort of thing seems like it would be most available to belters.

Stop teasing me

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Belter food is mostly various forms of retextured mushrooms.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

And I would have just told those dumbass sailors from the get go that "we're on a super secret mission: Donkeyballs"
ftfy

Grand Fromage posted:

When Miller referred to dead people as "mushroom food" in the first season, he was being quite literal.

Svaha fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 3, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Every time they start to protest they yell another codeword at them.

You're not in unifor- POLYGLOTTAL

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Grand Fromage posted:

Another reason to add to the pile of why I am not a fan of belters.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

And most of the non-mushroom food comes from Ganymede, so, welp.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

unlawfulsoup posted:

Another reason to add to the pile of why I am not a fan of belters.

Mushrooms are delicious and versatile though. Are you allergic or something

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Oof that was some good camera angle stuff on that last shot of the episode. Great misdirect by having one shocking thing that you expect would freak Mao out and make him run Mei out of there, and then it's just so, so much worse.

You knew they were gonna try to commandeer the Roci from jump, but I'm glad it worked out without bullets flying. Between that spy guy they shipped around in S1 and this Holden and co really need to just lockdown people in rooms with some kind of fancy Naomi-built safety measures or something, just take 0 risks while letting new people on board, but Holden being Holden that'll probably never happen. I was never worried for them though since on top of protagonist immunity they had Bobbi on board and she was custom built to shut that down. I don't even think her bodysuit was bulletproof enough to help her, I think she's just that cool under pressure and finally in her element, then she let her rep and status as a martian make her the perfect person to defuse the situation.

My prediction for Errinwright's downfall is that Ana isn't able to get the message through or is not able to convince the Secretary General, but the Mars Crew comes through and the tape gets out that way. Even without it being authenticated that poo poo's enough to get Errinwright locked up until they confirm it one way or another, and he's not really in a Game of Thrones-ish situation where he can just kill the guy in charge and claim authority while denying the tape is real since there's way too many layers of bureaucracy for that to work, and even if he has some admirals and such on his side they have to be the minority by far, I think most of them are just hawks who want war but aren't looped in on Errinwright's full plans.

I want this show to never end, and I hate that I have to keep worrying about its fate. Why can't everybody watch this rad show and just ease my worries?!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Every time they start to protest they yell another codeword at them.

You're not in unifor- POLYGLOTTAL

I would have loved a callback to that Mars black ops stuff in this episode, I can't say for sure that I would have liked it more than the suspenseful stuff they did, but having them dust that off and work, maybe even sell it without codewords based on the Martian ship and Bobbi backing it, would have been awesome. It'd also make sense for it not to work despite that since they'd be way jumpier while a war's on, but now I'm sad they didn't try that as their initial way to contain them.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 3, 2018

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They recognized Holden so black ops stuff wouldn't work.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mushrooms are delicious and versatile though. Are you allergic or something

Just not a fungi. :lol:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

counterfeitsaint posted:

They recognized Holden so black ops stuff wouldn't work.

Yeah Holden's face is part of every Martian and UN intelligence briefing courtesy of his broadcast from the Knight, and then the confirmation they had the Tachi due to his Ganymede come at me broadcast

I like that the crate Amos took onto the ship to put the PDC rounds in had "Amos" written in crayon letters on the side. Also, "You've got until my mechanic gets back", and now it's a contest between Amos and Bobbie for scariest badass on the Roci.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 3, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did they just raid the killjoys set for minor characters in this episode?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

Did they just raid the killjoys set for minor characters in this episode?

Idk who the white guy was but man he looked familiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Svaha posted:

ftfy

When Miller referred to dead people as "mushroom food" in the first season, he was being quite literal.

Everything gets recycled in space, even stuff like eating utensils/plates and clothes/bedding. It's never really addressed in detail, but every ship and station of any size has a "recycler" system (that they just handwave away so the characters don't have to count soy beans in the weeks between plot points).