Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

That episode actually made me like Devoe's wife a bit more right up until the point where's like "the bad guys I was trying to help refuges of did a monstrous thing so now I totally want to lobotomize the world." That seemed like a stark turn from the person in the rest of the episodes.

Yea, and how was that the fault of technology? Strong people have been preying on the weak since time began, its not going to be stop because everyones Int has been halved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I'm going to write such an angry letter if the climax of the season is Barry outwitting DeVoe with a

:smugjones: "I shall rewrite man's baser desires to use technology to cause murder and destruction"
:flashfact: "Isn't your plan to use technology to cause murder and destruction?"
:smugjones: "But....but I....am doing it to stop all of mankinds evils!"
:flashfact: "By becoming the biggest mass murderer in history? Using technology to kill as no man has ever killed?"
:smugjones: "I am doing it for the right reasons!"
:flashfact: "That is what every evil person tells themselves DeVoe. I thought you were smart :smug:"
:smugjones: "I am defeated. My unmatched intellect has divined that neither of us is wrong. (Insert chess analogy.)"

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 3, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I'm going to write such an angry letter if the climax of the season is Barry outwitting DeVoe with a

:smugjones: "I shall rewrite man's baser desires to use technology to cause murder and destruction"
:flashfact: "Isn't your plan to use technology to cause murder and destruction?"
:smugjones: "But....but I....am doing it to stop all of mankinds evils!"
:flashfact: "By becoming the biggest mass murderer in history? Using technology to kill as no man has ever killed?"
:smugjones: "I am doing it for the right reasons!"
:flashfact: "That is what every evil person tells themselves DeVoe. I thought you were smart :smug:"
:smugjones: "I am defeated. My unmatched intellect has divined that neither of us is wrong. (Insert chess analogy.)"

50/50 on it being this or Barry and The Thinker's Wife getting Dibney to mind wrestle the thinker for the body.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Her lightning was a combo of Barry and Iris' colours as well

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

8one6 posted:

50/50 on it being this or Barry and The Thinker's Wife getting Dibney to mind wrestle the thinker for the body.

I want it to be Dibny and Killer Frost both mind wrestling

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They’ll switch his thinking cap for Harry’s and it will make him dumb(er).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They'll call up the Legends for help who will re-enact this.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
They'll collect a Council of Ralphs from across the multiverse who will form Elongated Voltron.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There has to be a scene where all the faces of the poeple DeVoe absorbed are manifesting on his body.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just once it’d be neat to see a villain follow through on their plans before they “remember who [they] are.”

If you’ve spent the last few months sucking out peoples’ brains so you can ultimately build a dumb bomb and you’re having a night out forcing a handful of tech conglomerate security guards to off themselves so you can steal the elaborate pieces of technology they were guarding, are you really gonna let yourself be talked out of killing your rival’s sidekick’s girlfriend with that first draft bullshit?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
His superior intellect allowed him to calculate that killing a Collection Agency agent would be unproductive to his plans once he drew their official attention.

Thunkforce: I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

I guessing next season's gonna deal with weird future stuff and Dawn and the villain is gonna be some Legion villain (or Thawne again)

I got confused for a minute and imagined Farouk looking at team flash and going :stare: and then :haw:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

I want it to be Dibny and Killer Frost both mind wrestling

don’t post my slash fiction it’s copyrighted

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
To be fair I think you can justify most of what DeVoe has been doing with a little mental gymnastics. Using technology in order to destroy it? Well he's clearly the only person who can use it responsibly because he's so drat smart. People dying as a result of plane crashes etc? Well you've got to break a few eggs... People dying as a result of really useful knowledge like farming getting wiped out? Well that's a shame but if you consider a few billion dead as opposed to complete nuclear armageddon waged by people who don't know what they're doing then it's a good deal. Plus if you want you can thematically tie in his whole "hunter-gatherer" date shtick.

I mean none of this poo poo matters anyway, Diaz has already won.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
You don't get it. It doesn't matter if Diaz has already won, because Diaz has already won.

Also I'm curious what Thunkers manifesto journal proposed since metahumans hadn't been discovered yet and he didn't come up with the "End of Escape from LA except with Brains" plan until he got super thinking powers.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 4, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I want to see Diaz vs DeVoe so bad

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
One of them can never lose but the other has already won

Coming this summer

Stalemate: A Chess Analogy

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If they both get eaten by Mallus or a giant Beebo I'd say DC movies have taken the lead over Marvel.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Blaise330 posted:

If they both get eaten by Mallus or a giant Beebo I'd say DC movies have taken the lead over Marvel.

Well, no need to get that writing group together it seems like next year's crossover event has already been found.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I loved the baby shower being the same 6 people who spend every day together at Star Labs except everyone pairs off to have sad conversations leaving the parents alone within 10 seconds of arrival.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Joe only invited his kids, his kids’ friends, and a guy that looks like the boss they killed a few years ago, so...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Psychepath posted:

I loved the baby shower being the same 6 people who spend every day together at Star Labs except everyone pairs off to have sad conversations leaving the parents alone within 10 seconds of arrival.

I guess Cecille wouldn't have any friends left outside of work if her new mind-reading powers were a factor in her life.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Psychepath posted:

Yeah, somehow that felt even more pathetic than Iris' bachelorette party. She did not even know any of the people two years ago. Would have been so hard to put a couple of extras on a couch in the back or something?

Well, maybe she does not want her real friends to get to know her weird criminal nerd friends.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

Well, maybe she does not want her real friends to get to know her weird criminal nerd friends.

Yeah her bestie is known criminal Harrison Wells after all. Harry's not even using HR's face changer doohickey from last season.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Inkspot posted:

Joe only invited his kids, his kids’ friends, and a guy that looks like the boss they killed a few years ago, so...

I mean to be fair there is weird tension with Barry being kicked off the force and Joe being a CCPD officer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tarquinn posted:

Yeah, somehow that felt even more pathetic than Iris' bachelorette party. She did not even know any of the people two years ago. Would have been so hard to put a couple of extras on a couch in the back or something?

I still think XS meeting her (grand?)mother was a really cute moment. Just a brief moment of :aaaaa: before she zips off.

Also her lightning was purple like Iris’ was :3:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I still think XS meeting her (grand?)mother was a really cute moment. Just a brief moment of :aaaaa: before she zips off.

Also her lightning was purple like Iris’ was :3:

Purple and yellow! :science:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The insular TV show cast get togethers are always funny and kind of pathetic but they do make a kind of sense in shows like this where their lives are so completely insane and filled with secrets. Its sad that Cecile doesn't seem to have any close friends outside Joe's world, but if she did things would probably get really complicated real quick. We saw that a little with Ralph when he realized his old life and friends were scummy and he had changed. Your priorities just shift really wildly.

I tend to imagine that everyone who joins Team Flash has a totally normal life before they do but then they just get sucked into all the madness and end up having a bunch of friends who are all "Man, Cecile just disappeared from our lives when she got with that Joe guy."

If you join Team Arrow the people in your life just back away slowly because you've become a weird recluse who stays out all night and sleeps all day and are always covered in bruises and cuts and disappear all the time. That or you organize a lot of interventions.

If you join Team Supergirl it just makes you Lena Luthor who is always weirdly clueless about the fact that her entire social circle work with Supergirl except for your best friend who looks a lot like Supergirl but you don't care because you're a Luthor so you got a world to conquer save.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

The insular TV show cast get togethers are always funny and kind of pathetic but they do make a kind of sense in shows like this where their lives are so completely insane and filled with secrets. Its sad that Cecile doesn't seem to have any close friends outside Joe's world, but if she did things would probably get really complicated real quick. We saw that a little with Ralph when he realized his old life and friends were scummy and he had changed. Your priorities just shift really wildly.

I tend to imagine that everyone who joins Team Flash has a totally normal life before they do but then they just get sucked into all the madness and end up having a bunch of friends who are all "Man, Cecile just disappeared from our lives when she got with that Joe guy."

If you join Team Arrow the people in your life just back away slowly because you've become a weird recluse who stays out all night and sleeps all day and are always covered in bruises and cuts and disappear all the time. That or you organize a lot of interventions.

If you join Team Supergirl it just makes you Lena Luthor who is always weirdly clueless about the fact that her entire social circle work with Supergirl except for your best friend who looks a lot like Supergirl but you don't care because you're a Luthor so you got a world to conquer save.
Or, you join Team Legends, and none of your friends know what the gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shaddak posted:

Or, you join Team Legends, and none of your friends know what the gently caress.

The Legends are like deadbeat dads or something. I mean, Sara talked it out with her dad and they seemed to have a kind of understanding but there's a whole "I'm going to just abandon you all and don't worry because its time travel so you won't even miss me but that's not how it actually works and I show up months or years later missing important parts of your life and whoops, I just died."

I'm saying Martin's family probably has some unresolved stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

The Legends are like deadbeat dads or something. I mean, Sara talked it out with her dad and they seemed to have a kind of understanding but there's a whole "I'm going to just abandon you all and don't worry because its time travel so you won't even miss me but that's not how it actually works and I show up months or years later missing important parts of your life and whoops, I just died."

I'm saying Martin's family probably has some unresolved stuff.

This is why I want Lilly to join the Legends. She needs to live up to her dad’s example of being an amazingly lovely parent :allears:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

nine-gear crow posted:

This is why I want Lilly to join the Legends. She needs to live up to her dad’s example of being an amazingly lovely parent :allears:

If her dad didn't drive around in a spaceship loving up time, she wouldn't even exist :colbert:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

They never erased Young Martin's memories right? So Stein went to STAR labs knowing full well he'd become part of Firestorm, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

They never erased Young Martin's memories right? So Stein went to STAR labs knowing full well he'd become part of Firestorm, right?

Probably done off screen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Council of Wells is always welcome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Caitlyn being real obsessed with getting Killer Frost back is still a really stupid plot. loving laffo that the end result was Amunet telling her that Killer Frost was inside you all along.

Sure was a good thing that Iris told Barry to use his powers to dispel the poison or he would have died.

"This means DeVoe can't hide from us anymore." :downs: I guess Barry is forgetting he can shapeshift and teleport around. Also let's assume that a random eyewitness sighting is 100% accurate. Iris' plan was worthless at best and should have lead to a mass panic.

howe_sam posted:

Council of Harrison is also real good. Shame they didn't have Cowboy Wells, but Jersey Harrison is pretty good.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I could watch Amunet chew scenery all day long :allears:

Also why hasn't anyone pointed out yet that HR was dumb as a post and still managed to erase Savitar from existence?

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 9, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So we got Sopranos Wells and Frog Wells now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

yeah. more of this, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
That’s a ten dollar scarf right there.