Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah. here you should read this about the next match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This match is loving awesome.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was amazing, brb nominating for MOTY

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/991808499452592129?s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

He is absolutely a wrestling Rain Man. Genius inside the ring, not exactly the sharpest knife in the butcher block outside.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

harperdc posted:

He is absolutely a wrestling Rain Man. Genius inside the ring, not exactly the sharpest knife in the butcher block outside.

I asked a supercomputer capable of predicting the future with 100% accuracy what Ibushi's life would be like once he lost his good looks and could no longer rely on them to get by. It's response was"File not found."

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
A Good KES Match

I was hoping that'd be short after the opening, but that was a better ending than I could've hoped for.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

It's boner time! :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

♪ KAZE NI NARE! ♪

:neckbeard:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

♪ KAZE NI NARE! ♪

:neckbeard:

I was worried for a second that Suzuki would come out to the generic Suzuki-Gun theme and we wouldn't have that anymore in multimans actually!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aesculus posted:

I was worried for a second that Suzuki would come out to the generic Suzuki-Gun theme and we wouldn't have that anymore in multimans actually!

They made Suzuki promise not to punch a young boy if they played his correct theme music. He promised he wouldn't punch a young boy.... for that reason....

Edit: Young Bucks vs EVIL and SANADA, a good match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Controversial opinion and hot take time: KUSHIDA loving rules

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

KUSHIDA also has a lot of athletic tape, hope he's ok :ohdear:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I really like the Dominion match last year where Kushida realised the only way to beat Hiromu was to stamp and punch and generally beat the piss out of him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

I really like the Dominion match last year where Kushida realised the only way to beat Hiromu was to stamp and punch and generally beat the piss out of him

Even though it was so short, the match where he just went ham on Hiromu as he was coming to the ring and they went on like a 3 minute sprint before Hiromu got the win was tremendous fun. Seeing him run around behind Ospreay to kick him in the back of the head during his superhero landing pose tonight was great.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Man I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Both title matches are gonna be the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Slapfight! :regd07:

Edit: Oh my God he went back up and did it again :gonk:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 3, 2018

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Yessss face justice Cody :getin:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

aaaaaaaaaaaaah :gonk:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Even though it was so short, the match where he just went ham on Hiromu as he was coming to the ring and they went on like a 3 minute sprint before Hiromu got the win was tremendous fun. Seeing him run around behind Ospreay to kick him in the back of the head during his superhero landing pose tonight was great.
yeah and that built the story so well

Out-wrestling him doesn’t work, tried that at WK. Out-crazying him REALLY doesn’t work, tried that at Sakura Genesis.
Might as well just stamp his face until he dead

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'd like to see a moratorium on table spots until they find tables that actually break. It can't be that hard to find a gimmicked table?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'd like to see a moratorium on table spots until they find tables that actually break. It can't be that hard to find a gimmicked table?

have to make it look real brother

edit: Din's Fire huh? :allears:

edit2: MAIN EVENT HANGMAN PAGE

Carlioo fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 3, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Oh Ibushi knew the table could break, and he wasn't giving up on that spot till he was proved right. :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please stop killing Kenny Omega's head, he keeps his brain in there!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Possible spoiler/speculation: I almost wonder if they're better keeping the IC title off of Dominion, sell it as Naito not caring about the title enough to want to defend it, and then book him and Jericho for the belt for the Cow Palace, because that at least gives you a marquee match to push and both men's pride means they'll work super-hard to draw in the build.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We have three NJPW wrestlers now dying their eyebrows blonde. Okada looks like a crazy person with dyed eyebrows.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
EVIL: young bucks, welcome to darkness world

*django leans over to his date* he's welcoming them to the darkness world

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Gaz-L posted:

Possible spoiler/speculation: I almost wonder if they're better keeping the IC title off of Dominion, sell it as Naito not caring about the title enough to want to defend it, and then book him and Jericho for the belt for the Cow Palace, because that at least gives you a marquee match to push and both men's pride means they'll work super-hard to draw in the build.

I think the IC match is at Dominion where Jericho will win and then could defend it at Cow Palace.

Also, gotta think Cody is the favorite to headline Dominion now against Okada unless they want to do like a "one year later..." storyline and do the Kenny match there. I'd be cool with all that.

E: Speaking of Cody, vertibreaker has always been cool and Din's Fire is a rad name.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 3, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

I think the IC match is at Dominion where Jericho will win and then could defend it at Cow Palace.

Also, gotta think Cody is the favorite to headline Dominion now against Okada unless they want to do like a "one year later..." storyline and do the Kenny match there. I'd be cool with all that.

E: Speaking of Cody, vertibreaker has always been cool and Din's Fire is a rad name.

That doesn't solve the problem of them not being able to promote any of the card until after Dominion, which makes drawing a crowd from outside CA much harder. A lot easier to book a hotel and flight with 3 months notice than with 3 weeks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

In the MOTYC between Hyper Misao and Jun Kasai today, Kasai put Misao through the table and it was a clean break like a WWE table would do.

Also during the Finlay/Jay match (I think) when they pulled out the table it was clearly labelled "NJPW" underneath. Are NJPW asking for these ridiculous tables that don't break for some unfathomable reason?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

In the MOTYC between Hyper Misao and Jun Kasai today, Kasai put Misao through the table and it was a clean break like a WWE table would do.

Also during the Finlay/Jay match (I think) when they pulled out the table it was clearly labelled "NJPW" underneath. Are NJPW asking for these ridiculous tables that don't break for some unfathomable reason?

because tables spots should hurt for realsies to discourage overuse on shows.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
man hangman page really took that v-trigger/slingshot lariat thing on the jaw.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If anyone here is close to Florida, the CEOxNJPW tickets going on sale tomorrow look really reasonably priced ($16-$96) and the line up is pretty good.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Controversial opinion and hot take time: KUSHIDA loving rules

KUSHIDA has been my favorite Jr Heavyweight since I got into New Japan 3 years ago. Hiromu has my heart, but KUSHIDA has my soul.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Any of the undercard matches worth watching?

The main event was cool, the Ibushi/Cody match bored me to tears. I really wish they used gimmicked tables, too. Those can't be healthy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

A lot easier to book a hotel and flight with 3 months notice than with 3 weeks.

this is something that Japanese may underestimate: just how loving big the U.S. is, and the impact of travel in general. If I wanted to go to Osaka today I could just walk over to the bullet train station, find a seat, maybe wait a little longer for a train that's more open but the bullet trains come every 10 minutes or so. Flights...are not that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They'd probably have better luck in the UK based on those kind of presumptions. We're obviously not as big a place geographically (although not that much smaller than Japan either) and we have a public transportation system that is more comparable to Japan, although nowhere near as sophisticated. Booking a show at a big arena in London or Manchester and hoping to draw people with 3 weeks to go is more practical when even the most distant people could take a sleeper train home.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The Bay Area also has nowhere near the population density of Southern California. Running Long Beach you get all of Orange County and LA County, which is like 14 million people compared to the 7 million in all the Bay Area.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As nervous NJPW has been about their US stuff, I'm pretty sure they've got that under control. Kevin Kelly or someone Kelly recommended is working as their fixer for US logistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I WATCHED LAST NIGHT'S EVENT

omega/ospreay v tanahashi/kushida was very, very, very good in my opinion. it is possible i just like all those people too much, but i loved this match. it was lots of fun and i enjoyed how it told the story of tonight.

ibushi v cody started out real slow but once it got going was great, loved the sudden finish to set up cody's new finisher.

kenny v hangman i do not like kenny's hair