Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

boar guy posted:

there is literally no responsible consumption of entertainment under capitalism. if your moral outrage leads you to avoid entertainment media, well, sports are out, tv is out, movies are out, most of the music industry is out, artists working in traditional mediums are usually terrible people personally, you can't use the internet...i dunno what you're gonna do for fun

Stick and ball, although the ball might've been made in an Asian sweatshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the stick symbolizes racial violence.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

boar guy posted:

there is literally no responsible consumption of entertainment under capitalism. if your moral outrage leads you to avoid entertainment media, well, sports are out, tv is out, movies are out, most of the music industry is out, artists working in traditional mediums are usually terrible people personally, you can't use the internet...i dunno what you're gonna do for fun

there is a difference between responsible consumption under capitalism and actively watching saudi propoganda

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

there is a difference between responsible consumption under capitalism and actively watching saudi propoganda

just recognizing that you're watching saudi propaganda probably puts you in the top 1% of people watching wwe in terms of intelligence so that's a start

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It's possible to enjoy a piece of media while being critical of its political values. 24 was a massive conservative defence of torture practices but it was also a very fun show.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

boar guy posted:

Read books, silly!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't watch the GRR.

I'm not saying it makes me better than everyone else, but it contributes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

boar guy posted:

Post high minded finger waggling on comedy forums.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

fart blood posted:

Read books, silly!

THIS IS AMERICUH, READING IS FOR HOMOS

VJeff posted:

Post high minded finger waggling on comedy forums.

no forums without internet *points at brain and nods while smirking*

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

fart blood posted:

Read books, silly!

I'll read a non problematic author. Someone like Edgar Allen Poe, or Charles Bukowski.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If I don't watch how can I know if Carmella drinking some water destabilizes an entire nation?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WWE is far off to the right fringe in the bell curve of toxic entertainment. Not to mention the product is hot creamy dogshit and management actively hates it's fanbase. There's way better wrestling out there with much better booking but most people are too lazy/ignorant to go looking for it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Where do you people intend to get these 'books'? The library? That's basically theft.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

boar guy posted:

https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942709261347500032?lang=en

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't watch the GRR.

I'm not saying it makes me better than everyone else, but it contributes.
Hell same

Jenkem Delivery posted:

WWE is far off to the right fringe in the bell curve of toxic entertainment. Not to mention the product is hot creamy dogshit and management actively hates it's fanbase. There's way better wrestling out there with much better booking but most people are too lazy/ignorant to go looking for it.
Sorry that I can't stay up in the early morning to watch NJPW or wait 5 months for PWG DVDs :negative:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im surprised some dumb rich american 16 year old kid hasn't had a private wwe house show

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Would they have gone if the Saudis had said "No Roman Reigns"?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Sorry that I can't stay up in the early morning to watch NJPW or wait 5 months for PWG DVDs :negative:

NJPW is also far right evil.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

"It sure is miserable for us New Japan fans, having to get up so early to watch shows." I say as I watch today's main event at around 1pm, local time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

boar guy posted:

im surprised some dumb rich american 16 year old kid hasn't had a private wwe house show
at ringside would be his closest friends with their backs to the hard camera while snapchatting

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Takuan posted:

"It sure is miserable for us New Japan fans, having to get up so early to watch shows." I say as I watch today's main event at around 1pm, local time.

Communist.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

NJPW is also far right evil.

New Japan wrestlers formed a gang and terrorized Shinjuku

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also they cant spell.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If the form of entertainment I enjoy does not directly hurt or harm someone physically, emotionally, mentally, or financially, then what I choose to enjoy does not make me guilty because I'm not the one who created that entertainment.

In other words, gently caress off Stop Enjoying Things Guy. There a difference between liking the last two Purge movies and liking the actual Purge itself.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Neurolimal posted:

Instead he's just a perpetual joke so that Vince can say "punk? Pffft, we have a UFC CHAMPION with that record!!!"
The funny thing is that that means UFC experience>any male who only does prograps and thus burying your own product and business.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alan_Shore posted:

Nothing Roman has said or done inside or outside the ring has made me feel sorry for him

He doesn’t get my sympy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Syria? Meh Bernie Ecclestone was putting Grand Prix races in Apartheid Soud Africa

Mcmahon behind the times as usual

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CobiWann posted:

If the form of entertainment I enjoy does not directly hurt or harm someone physically, emotionally, mentally, or financially, then what I choose to enjoy does not make me guilty because I'm not the one who created that entertainment.

In other words, gently caress off Stop Enjoying Things Guy. There a difference between liking the last two Purge movies and liking the actual Purge itself.

https://twitter.com/PhilGreaves01/status/942747160797503488

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Roman Reigns is so powerful and strong and bigdoggish that he lost his last title shot by hitting a guy too hard and knocking him to victory.

We should all be a little more respectful to Lord Biggus Canis Esq. around here.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I watched the GRR so I know that, once 2030 comes around and Saudi Arabia is more woke than Sweden, I did my part.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Roman Reigns is so powerful and strong and bigdoggish that he lost his last title shot by hitting a guy too hard and knocking him to victory.

We should all be a little more respectful to Lord Biggus Canis Esq. around here.

Triple H nicknames are getting out of hand

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm glad that they're sticking with 3 hour PPVs for the dual branded shows.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If enjoying the Undisputed Era, Braun Strowman, Nakamura vs. AJ's balls, and Celine Dion singing a song for the Deadpool 2 soundtrack are fascist, then consider my morals flexible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While its certainly true that our society is filled with moral compromises and its tough to engage in capitalism or media without some kind of moral compromise here or there.

But there's degrees and lines. There's buying things that indirectly support bad practices and then there's buying things that DIRECTLY support bad practices. Or engage in bad practices. Or openly support evil regimes that discriminate against people. Or take the side of the evil regime when they racistly bar one of your top performers because he has the nerve to do charity work for refugees of a humanitarian crisis because the "misunderstood, progressive, good people" WWE is working with are directly helping slaughter those people.

So like... watch WWE and make that moral compromise if you want. I'm a wrestling fan. I've made countless of those moral compromises because wrestling is pure scum. For me the KSA thing was a bridge too far and I'm taking a break that I hope lasts because I can't justify this. I'm not judging someone who doesn't, but like don't delude yourselves that its the same thing as buying an iPod or some Nikes.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CobiWann posted:

Undisputed Era...are fascist

They impose their will onto others while wearing armbands with their insignia...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

They impose their will onto others while wearing armbands with their insignia...

does my pride wristband count, because if so? same

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

boar guy posted:

If only we didn't have capitalism, the United States government could nationalize all industry and we could give our money to them instead. Ahh, the United States Government, now that's an organization that deserves our money guilt free.

Actually, given Linda McMahon's position, we're kind of getting the best of both worlds right now!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

While its certainly true that our society is filled with moral compromises and its tough to engage in capitalism or media without some kind of moral compromise here or there.

But there's degrees and lines. There's buying things that indirectly support bad practices and then there's buying things that DIRECTLY support bad practices. Or engage in bad practices. Or openly support evil regimes that discriminate against people. Or take the side of the evil regime when they racistly bar one of your top performers because he has the nerve to do charity work for refugees of a humanitarian crisis because the "misunderstood, progressive, good people" WWE is working with are directly helping slaughter those people.

So like... watch WWE and make that moral compromise if you want. I'm a wrestling fan. I've made countless of those moral compromises because wrestling is pure scum. For me the KSA thing was a bridge too far and I'm taking a break that I hope lasts because I can't justify this. I'm not judging someone who doesn't, but like don't delude yourselves that its the same thing as buying an iPod or some Nikes.

What i do, is watch when i really need to, and then whoop my own rear end very badly after. One 'our of watching equals 15 minutes of strong ceaseless whoopassing.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cavauro posted:

What i do, is watch when i really need to, and then whoop my own rear end very badly after. One 'our of watching equals 15 minutes of strong ceaseless whoopassing.

Need more self-flagellation gimmicks in wrestling imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

boar guy posted:

Those utter morons who wouldn't play Sun City, why didn't anyone tell them this!

• Locked thread